Time for Haring in defence

Perrykitch

9 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Right, so what’s the point in him then? If he isn’t fit he’s worthless to us. If he is deemed fit enough to play and plays like that he’s worthless to us. 

we have been far better without Haring than with him this season. Bar the Hibs semi when he came on I’ve not been impressed. 

Massive question marks over Haring. 

Because he's quite clearly a good footballer and will be an asset if we build him back up.

He's not played like that every time, he's been good in other games. We need to manage him back to his best. He was fine on Tuesday, maybe he's just not up to two starts in quick succession. 

How many players were poor tonight? He wasn't alone. 

Glamorgan Jambo

He looked pretty good for the first 4-6 weeks of the season. Then he dropped

out of the team with no explanation and came back well off the pace.

Suspect he’s had some sort of injury setback.

Haring was absolute mince. I blame him for the defeat if I'm honest. Made to look like a mug by Charlie 'The chocolate hard man' Adam. 

We were utter shite in the first half. 

Gordon Ramsay
11 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Haring is done I'm afraid.

Not the player he was. 

He was all action when he first signed. Flying into tackles, strong, popping up with goals. 

Just looks a bit lost out there now. Maybe he'll get better with time but not looking good. 

Berra and Walker finished. Haring probably too. Certainly not a 90 minute player anymore. Halliday is poor also. I think I'll stop there, I'm depressing myself !

Haring isn’t fully match-fit yet & won’t be until next season. A loan spell away where he can get game time would do him the world of good.
I do think he is a better defender than midfielder though and would work best in a back 3. IMO a back 3 probably suits all of our defenders other than Berra. 

Haring is going to take time to get back to where he was. Full confidence in the big man getting back to the heights he was at before. Lets not forget how long he was out. 

upgotheheads
17 hours ago, indianajones said:

This is the only semi-decent option we have just now. Berra is done. 

Haring was incredibly slow tonight though. Didn't look well. 

Haring was dreadful last night, worst I've ever seen him. It makes you wonder if he's just not able to get back to full fitness, hope it's not Covid though.

16 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Haring didn’t look fit

most medical staff will say that it takes most athletes one and a half times the amount of time out injured to get back to where you were at previously, so a two week injury takes a player 3 weeks to get back to their pre-injury level, haring was out so long it could be years before he’s back to where he was

17 hours ago, indianajones said:

This is the only semi-decent option we have just now. Berra is done. 

Haring was incredibly slow tonight though. Didn't look well. 

I thought that as well. 

He was a shadow of the player he was and looked completely out of sorts last night. 

I'm prepared to accept a central defender losing goals as Berra has done recently due to the rough and tumble. Goals like that happen. 

But his main problem is his distribution which is a big problem. Danny Wilson for example wasn't perfect but he created danger and chances with a lot of his passes and even the 80 yard hoofs. Berra's balls forward are embarrassing. Stops us in our tracks. The rest of the team are left standing about probably worrying what he's going to do next.

Haring is potential for centre half but if he can get back to full fitness much more productive in midfield. He created a goal with a great pass the other day.

What I said first half was the way we were set up needed Haring and Halkett up front. 

Gorgie Boot boy
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm prepared to accept a central defender losing goals as Berra has done recently due to the rough and tumble. Goals like that happen. 

But his main problem is his distribution which is a big problem. Danny Wilson for example wasn't perfect but he created danger and chances with a lot of his passes and even the 80 yard hoofs. Berra's balls forward are embarrassing. Stops us in our tracks. The rest of the team are left standing about probably worrying what he's going to do next.

Haring is potential for centre half but if he can get back to full fitness much more productive in midfield. He created a goal with a great pass the other day.

What I said first half was the way we were set up needed Haring and Halkett up front. 

Thinking outside the box.

Boyces beard

Haring has been awfull since his return, he is not the answer at centre half or as a holding midfielder. He is not the same player he was 18 months ago. He was out for a long time but he has been back a while now and he seems much slower and less aware of whats happening around him. Just my opinion of course and i would love nothing more than to see Haring back to the level he was  at pre injury, unfortunately there is no sign of the player we used to know.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

One of many complete horseshit players. None bigger stinking cow pat of a waster as Craig Wighton tho.

You should be put up for transfer, sisterfister.com would maybe suit your style more.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You should be put up for transfer, sisterfister.com would maybe suit your style more.

Ah sorry. Never realised everyone else can slate players except me.

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ah sorry. Never realised everyone else can slate players except me.

Your posts are always the same though

35 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Haring has been awfull since his return, he is not the answer at centre half or as a holding midfielder. He is not the same player he was 18 months ago. He was out for a long time but he has been back a while now and he seems much slower and less aware of whats happening around him. Just my opinion of course and i would love nothing more than to see Haring back to the level he was  at pre injury, unfortunately there is no sign of the player we used to know.

Agree , imo he looks like he has put some weight on and is slower and certainly looked liked a player last night back from a long injury  but hopefully he can get back to the player he was .

Corstorphine Jambo

Haring looks a long way off being fit. That may just be that he’s not up to speed, or it may be that his injury has taken its toll and that’s as fit as you’ll see him.

I know what I want to believe, but I’m not confident we’ll ever see him again at the level he was at. I guess time will tell.

Haring playing at centre half would be a disaster, Berra will do for this season, teams know to leave him as spare man on ball as they know what's coming, but that's daft Nielson responsibility to sort that. Craig Gordon's distribution was shite also but he gets off Scott free.