Time for Haring in defence

Perrykitch

Nothing else I need to add. Berra shouldn’t play for us again total liability not even championship level. Popescu not good enough.

Drop Haring back alongside Halkett and see what happens. Halliday can sit in front.

indianajones

This is the only semi-decent option we have just now. Berra is done. 

Haring was incredibly slow tonight though. Didn't look well. 

allystrachan

Haring had rings run around him tonight. 

the options are either popescu, smith (with Brandon at RB) or go get a new centre half in the January window.

Haring, Kingsley or Smith in at CB. 

Have Irving to play CM. Halliday done well LB midweek. Brandon done ok today

Halkett and Berra not good enough. Drop one or maybe both

Even Halkett Haring Kingsley as a 3

Edited by R1874

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

Nothing else I need to add. Berra shouldn’t play for us again total liability not even championship level. Popescu not good enough.

Drop Haring back alongside Halkett and see what happens. Halliday can sit in front.

Agreed.

9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Yeah.  He looked knackered and even his passing was off.

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Haring was possibly the one player tonight that was worse than Berra.

As shite as haring was, he wasn’t Jamie ****ing Walker 

WheatfieldWarrior

Midfield a mile off the pace today - better second half, but the game was gone.  Without Flapjack we wouldn't have scored at all.

Diadora Van Basten

Think Kingsley lost his marker for both goals today.

Anyone watching the old firm match today will see the problem of playing a midfielder at centre half.

I think Berra is just a scape goat.

Haring doesn’t look himself......there is an issue there. I think he missed the Dunfermline game and he’s been out of sorts since.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Haring doesn’t look himself......there is an issue there. I think he missed the Dunfermline game and he’s been out of sorts since.

Totally agree.   There was clearly something wrong with Haring tonight. I thought he played as if he was unwell, or carrying and protecting an injury.

Haring was easily the worst player on the park tonight. We now know why he hasn't been starting. Hopefully it is just the result of him having been out for so long, but hard to know how to get him sharper and fitter because based on today we can't afford him to be playing.

39 minutes ago, bighalders said:

No it's time for Haring to be dropped

Exactly. He should be made to watch that fat ***** Adam megging him over and over again and then told he won’t be playing because he couldn’t even be arsed to pull him down and just walked away allowing Dundee to score. 

Liamthejambo

Naismith and Berra both finished , Walker , Halket , Harring are not good enough even at this level, Lee and Wighton are both imposters , Kingsley thinks he’s better than he is , that’s the mess 3 years of mis management get you in 

24 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Berra was not the worst out there. Not by a long shot

Possibly , but he was still absolutely horrendous from start to finish, his performance tonight was beyond embarrassing . Sad to witness tbh 

A_A wehatethehibs

I’d sooner bring Damour in at Center half than put Haring there. 

Feel sorry for Pete but he’s not looked at all the same player, looks laboured and struggling with every move. 

28 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Anyone watching the old firm match today will see the problem of playing a midfielder at centre half.

I think Berra is just a scape goat.

Kingsley is much better going forward than defending....

Bazzas right boot

Haring has been very poor this season.

Maybe he'll get better, but he's really not at it just now.

We'll need at least new defender for next season and Haring is not the answer.

Folk slaughtering Haring is bizarre. He was out for 18 months. Tonight he was very poor, but it's the first time he's looked like that. When you are out that long it can take literally months of playing week in week out to get back to it in terms of sharpness and confidence. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Maybe dropping back will suit him?  He’ll pass the ball better from there, I think?  Thing is, I usually like PH but he takes about 10 games to get going. 

He looked terrible tonight.  Why don’t he melt Adams at the 2nd goal?   He just don’t look like his head was in it tonight.  He’s borderline in the sense he could easily have one of those games you saw tonight or be really good, such are his slow reactions on occasion.  

12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Folk slaughtering Haring is bizarre. He was out for 18 months. Tonight he was very poor, but it's the first time he's looked like that. When you are out that long it can take literally months of playing week in week out to get back to it in terms of sharpness and confidence. 

Let’s hope so. It can be a long way back to full fitness. 

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Haring, Kingsley or Smith in at CB. 

Have Irving to play CM. Halliday done well LB midweek. Brandon done ok today

Halkett and Berra not good enough. Drop one or maybe both

Even Halkett Haring Kingsley as a 3

Look at the second goal again if you genuinely believe Brandon did ok today. 

Never Let Them Forget
33 minutes ago, Liamthejambo said:

Naismith and Berra both finished , Walker , Halket , Harring are not good enough even at this level, Lee and Wighton are both imposters , Kingsley thinks he’s better than he is , that’s the mess 3 years of mis management get you in 

Naismith who got a hatrick last game?

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agree but Haring has been pretty poor in every game, certainly compared to the pre-injury Haring. 

He probably just needs game time and to be honest we may as well give him it as despite tonight we’ll easily win this league. 

I personally don't think he's been poor in every game, he helped change the momentum against Hibs for instance, strolled through a few early home games too.

He'll be up and down and people would do well to temper their expectations. Kevin Kyle was on record as saying after his bad injury at Sunderland it took about 18 months til he felt as good as he did before. Confidence in ability, confidence in your body, match sharpness, mental strength, it all takes a long time to come back from. Peter wasn't just out for a few months.

Pasquale for King

Might be better to play Smith there, Haring is better in midfield but still isn’t back to his best yet from the start if it’s 100mph like tonight. 

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think Berra is just a goat.

FTFY

Haring had a bad game. 

As did Berra

Matter of fact, so did Gordon, Brandon, Kingsley, Lee, Halliday, Walker, Wighton etc... 

Sorry to say this but I think Haring is no more than an effective impact sub to break up play when a game is won. Every touch is a reactive one and at times he looks like a toddler chasing a balloon, such is his lack of control. I liked him two seasons ago but he’s now a shadow of what he might have been. If we play him in defence he will make Berra look competent. It’s a shame but like Naismith his best is long gone.

7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I quite clearly said poor in comparison to the pre-injury Haring. 

I also said it can take a long time to recover from a long time out. 

I know, I wasn't having a go. I was talking in general to the other points made on the thread as people seem to think he'll be back to normal after 2/3 months.

Only replied to you as you'd quoted me, don't disagree with you.

No time for sentiment, needs to massively up his game or go, sloppiest player along with Berra and Walker at the moment, his misplaced passes are hard to contemplate, watching the game and guessing where he's supposed to be passing.

48 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Right, so what’s the point in him then? If he isn’t fit he’s worthless to us. If he is deemed fit enough to play and plays like that he’s worthless to us. 

we have been far better without Haring than with him this season. Bar the Hibs semi when he came on I’ve not been impressed. 

Massive question marks over Haring. 

Haring is not the answer now too slow can't retain the ball

One decent pass every other game is not what we need 

Haring in defence instead of Berra is a step backwards

Haring looked poor again tonight. Needs rested, something is not right there.

When was the last time we actually came out the blocks well? Even the 6-2 v Dundee they had some early chances...

Robbie seems to be able to identify what is going wrong and tweak his formation or make subs, but he simply never seems to get it right from the start now...He's like the anti-JJ, who could never use his subs effectively so we either won or lost with the starting 11, or the anti-Burley whose team often ran out of puff in the last 30 mins but were already 2 or 3 up by then!

Robbie was not like this last time in the Championship. Last time we would often go at the opposition for the first 25, take a breather for 20 mins either side of half-time then romp away in the last 25...

Edited by Spellczech