Still Proud?

Stephane Grappelli

20 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Are the happy clappers from a fortnight ago still proud of this empty jersey shower of wage thieves?

Yes. I’m still proud of the team from the cup final and I am embarrassed for them today. 

and “happy clappers” is pathetic craic btw. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephane Grappelli

• tian447

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

23 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Are the happy clappers from a fortnight ago still proud of this empty jersey shower of wage thieves? A lot of that bunch are the reason we're in this division in the first place.

Beaten by a Dunfermline team who wanted it more.

A great chance of getting back to Hampden up in smoke against part time Alloa after 120 minutes.

Now, outclassed by a Dundee team managed by James Mc****ingPake.

Utter garbage.

We're still 5 points clear, toni

LondonJambo1985

Is it the players, or the manager, or the  “sporting director”, or the board? Analyse the last few years and work out who the problem is and get rid! I’d love to know what JJ is saying right now, I bet he’s not impressed!! 

Edited by LondonJambo1985

It's just frustrating. After that first booking for Dundee it was obvious we needed somebody to step up and get in about them, but we lost the battle too easily. Bullied by f****g Dundee! 

I don't understand how we start so slowly all the time. Its been an issue for as long as I remember.  Just get stuck in, and get some momentum going.  Surely that's not too much to ask of a Hearts team? 

24 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Are the happy clappers from a fortnight ago still proud of this empty jersey shower of wage thieves? A lot of that bunch are the reason we're in this division in the first place.

A great chance of getting back to Hampden up in smoke against part time Alloa after 120 minutes.

Utter garbage.

We're still 5 points clear, tonight, Dunfermline and Celtic games were shocking in the first half, and we bottled them big time, the imposters have been show up, but we genuinely have a decent spine that almost got us back into these games. We will still get promoted with the pussies that cost us in the big games that matters and sort some of it out in the summer. New manager and new sporting director  give them a chance 👍 

24 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Very true hope all the stendel haters are happy stendel had his players fit the players look ****ed 

The fact that we were awful tonight and haven't been great for much of the season does absolutely nothing to change the fact the Stendel was an utter catastrophe as a manager. Posters who can't seem to get their head around the idea that more than one thing can be bad are idiots.

In some ways we are very similar to under Stendel and Levein. In all three cases we raised our game for the occasional big match. This season it is the cup games.  Under Stendel the Rangers games. Outside of those games we too often look flat with a lack of cutting edge.

It looks like kickback is in for another night of pretending that Stendel was some managerial genius. I'm out. 

Silvery_Moon
32 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Utter garbage.

:spoton:

Utter guff. What was that first half a about? 

Too many liabilities in the squad.  Not enough genuine quality.  Not enough fighters.  Not enough pace.  Dull to watch Levein-esque borefest.  

40 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Berra should be at Bonnyrigg Rose or so now totally passed it - He's absolutely shattered after 30 minutes and all he does is boot it up the pitch 🙄

Or out the pitch

36 minutes ago, JAMBO _MOBY said:

Yes. I’m still proud of the team from the cup final and I am embarrassed for them today. 

But "pant wetters" is ok?

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

But "pant wetters" is ok?

I miss the ‘hat kickers’ v ‘vlad sheep’ days. Classier labels I reckon. 

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Utter garbage.

Top of the league by 5 points.

Yeah we played shite but we have no right to walk this league.

Robbie inherited one of the worst Hearts teams in my life time and had to recruit during a pandemic.

We should still win the league.

Bazzas right boot

Utter garbage.

I'm so happy Hearts got beat type post so I can ram it up other Hearts fans.

Classy.

I don’t know how many times we need to play games like this, start games like this, for some people to realise there’s still a big turnaround in staff and mentality to happen?

The first half was chronic beyond belief.  Most of the team a yard off the pace, on their heels, not anticipating the ball, jumping out tackles, holding back in tackles......it’s a disgrace to start any away game like this and against a team that was clearly going to have a bee in their bonnet after we hammered them.

I just don’t think players have the minerals now. They don’t take on board these things and use it to prepare.  They all think they’ll take to the park to play their wee bit of football , in their own wee space , and not have to be competitive and get their shorts dirty.  

People are sick of restarting but we need to when we go up. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I don’t know how many times we need to play games like this, start games like this, for some people to realise there’s still a big turnaround in staff and mentality to happen?

The first half was chronic beyond belief.  Most of the team a yard off the pace, on their heels, not anticipating the ball, jumping out tackles, holding back in tackles......it’s a disgrace to start any away game like this and against a team that was clearly going to have a bee in their bonnet after we hammered them.

I just don’t think players have the minerals now. They don’t take on board these things and use it to prepare.  They all think they’ll take to the park to play their wee bit of football , in their own wee space , and not have to be competitive and get their shorts dirty.  

I think we will do.

I reckon about 5/6 of the first 15 will be about next season, we have lots out of contract which is a good thing for next season, but bad for this season as players will have an eye on their future, which they know will not be at Hearts.

Think Terry butcher syndrome, the players know the gig is up but they are needed this season. It's a bad mix  tbh.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Our team is championship level squad, bar 4 or 5 players albeit on hefty wages, the rest are all at their level.  Sound like a broken record but for years now, absolute zero pace in the team is crippling us.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think we will do.

I reckon about 5/6 of the first 15 will be about next season, we have lots out of contract which is a good thing for next season, but bad for this season as players will have an eye on their future, which they know will not be at Hearts.

Think Terry butcher syndrome, the players know the gig is up but they are needed this season. It's a bad mix  tbh.

Think you are correct.  Half a dozen to stay and in some ways, it’s a tough job for RN to keep this bunch focused enough to make sure we get up.

Keeping players onside, believing there’s a chance must be the hardest thing.  Especially with players these days who have their professional pride questioned.  

Edited by Debut 4

7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

All this is true but we still keep making it back into games  shows we have some of the right attitude, just need to bin the passengers and multiply the minerals 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Think you are correct.  Half a dozen to stay and in some ways, it’s a tough job for RN to keep this bunch focused enough to make sure we get up.

Keeping players onside, believing there’s a chance must be the hardest thing.  Especially with players these days who have their professional pride questioned.  

Yip, 100%.

I realise that, You clearly do as well. Many won't tho. It's actually a shit situation for us as fans and RN as manager.

Most aren't his signings, he has to dangle the carrot and motivate many players who deep down know they are finished with us.  Just hope that the guys that will be here and guys that care keep the backbone of the team in tact and keep these guys focused.

We need these guys to do their job whilst looking for employment elsewhere, hopefully they have enough professionalism to do that.

Very few will be kept on in any meaningful capacity, but we need them to do a job for us.

And tbh, if we win our game in hand and beat Dunfermline the league is as good as over in 2 weeks. It won't be the romp many wanted, but it will be very comfortable.

Also RN himself needs to keep it simple and realise  things like Haring and Lee together don't work, Wighton can't play the lone target man. Pretty obvious to me.

Edited by Smith's right boot

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think we will do.

This.

north wales jambo

Recruitment last 2 - 3 seasons nowhere good enough, so here we are January 2021, for me only position ok at the moment is goalkeeper, yes there will be slip ups from Gordon but at least now we have someone defenders can generally trust. 

Other than that the next best or consistent are the 2 fullbacks, Smith and Kingsley, but both could leave in the summer for nothing. 

After that there is not one player who will consistently get a 7/10 performance wise and anybody that thinks otherwise is deluded, with respect. 

Our centre half’s hoof the ball forward, even a simple header or interception is followed by a hoof, or 50/50 ball.. For god sake have the awareness where your teammates are, 

The midfield is so slow, poor 10 yard passes, caught in possession, to often pass sideways.. lack of intelligent movement is shocking.. 

Forward wise, lack of decent regular service is a worry, but none of them give you confidence they can take hearts to a top 6 place in premiership. 

This side is in the championship even with promotion this is a lower premiership side with a decent budget compared to others. 

Hearts fans that contribute to foh, the club, sponsorship and merchandise etc, deserve so so much more.. 

To many players not playing for the shirt, keep Gordon, Kingsley and Smith and get Ginelly if fit.. Boyce also. The rest and just my opinion will not take us forward, get rid. 

been here before

Proud of them for the cup final display but pissed off tonight.

Its football. Sometimes your teams shite, simetimes theyre good.

Heidbanger of an OP. Get the impression its been saved up for the last wee while though.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, 100%.

I realise that, You clearly do as well. Many won't tho. It's actually a shit situation for us as fans and RN as manager.

Most aren't his signings, he has to dangle the carrot and motivate many players who deep down know they are finished with us.  Just hope that the guys that will be here and guys that care keep the backbone of the team in tact and keep these guys focused.

We need these guys to do their job whilst looking for employment elsewhere, hopefully they have enough professionalism to do that.

Very few will be kept on in any meaningful capacity, but we need them to do a job for us.

And tbh, if we win our game in hand and beat Dunfermline the league is as good as over in 2 weeks. It won't be the romp many wanted, but it will be very comfortable.

Also RN himself needs to keep it simple and realise  things like Haring and Lee together don't work, Wighton can't play the lone target man. Pretty obvious to me.

I'm hoping the fact that we don't look like we'll romp the league means we take our time to consider which of the players out of contract are actually good enough for the Premiership.

Take Kingsley for example. Lots of posters have called for him to be signed up on a longer deal. But he looks pretty suspect even at this level. He has been at fault for goals in several recent games, with poor positioning and awareness if where the attackers are being his main faults. He has been dangerous going forward (if we ignore his header over the bar tonight when he should have equalised). I would like to think we could take our time, see how he does over the rest if the season and frankly look to upgrade.

20 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Our team is championship level squad, bar 4 or 5 players albeit on hefty wages, the rest are all at their level.  Sound like a broken record but for years now, absolute zero pace in the team is crippling us.

Let's hope our benefactor is still willing to bail out the club because the number of players who need replacing is terrifyingly expensive. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Most aren't his signings

1 - who signed them?

2 - why didn't you ever say this regarding Stendel?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JamTarts98 said:

1 - who signed them?

2 - why didn't you ever say this regarding Stendel?

1. CL, mostly. 

2. I did, I said several times it would have been interesting to see what he could have done under " Normal" circumstances. Refreshing and exciting I think I used a lot 

Doesn't detract from the fact in his short spell he taken us from 2nd bottom to bottom tho. That is just a fact. 

Also, imo we'll still win the league comfortably under Robbie, in fact we are winning it right now! 

We may get promoted but playing with even 50% of this team next season we will be struggling to avoid the bottom 4.I genuinely fear for us over the next few years. The rot is setting in.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm hoping the fact that we don't look like we'll romp the league means we take our time to consider which of the players out of contract are actually good enough for the Premiership.

Take Kingsley for example. Lots of posters have called for him to be signed up on a longer deal. But he looks pretty suspect even at this level. He has been at fault for goals in several recent games, with poor positioning and awareness if where the attackers are being his main faults. He has been dangerous going forward (if we ignore his header over the bar tonight when he should have equalised). I would like to think we could take our time, see how he does over the rest if the season and frankly look to upgrade.

Yeah I agree with the general sentiment. 

I like Kingsley tho, I think he's more than capable of top flight football. I don't doubt it Tbh. 

The squads shite. Most of us have been saying this for months. It needs gutted. 

Thankfully they will be consistent enough to win this league. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

1. CL, mostly. 

2. I did, I said several times it would have been interesting to see what he could have done under " Normal" circumstances. Refreshing and exciting I think I used a lot 

Doesn't detract from the fact in his short spell he taken us from 2nd bottom to bottom tho. That is just a fact. 

Also, imo we'll still win the league comfortably under Robbie, in fact we are winning it right now! 

Took us bottom with Levein's team. Thanks for clarification.

You are right, we'll romp this league. But I think there is a bigger picture.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, JamTarts98 said:

Took us bottom with Levein's team. Thanks for clarification.

You are right, we'll romp this league. But I think there is a bigger picture.

Yes, taken us bottom.... 

Ofc there is. 

2 hours ago, flem said:

He is a shite manager with no tactical awareness. Expert at winning the championship at a canter with teams with a far superior budget to the rest of the competition. 

Sounds like the man for us then 👍

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Best post of the day. 

Sums it up perfectly 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Neilson has brought in half this squad and brought back others yet struggles really badly to get a tune out of them away from home in this tin pot league.

The players look disillussioned at what they are being asked to do.

You asked it yourself in an earlier post, how many times must we start games like this?

Edited by Gambo

How many threads do the same posters have to post the same bile on before they get fed up?

I've largely stayed clear of the forum tonight but bloody hell we get it, you don't need to keep repeating yourself on every fecking thread.

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

How many threads do the same posters have to post the same bile on before they get fed up?

I've largely stayed clear of the forum tonight but bloody hell we get it, you don't need to keep repeating yourself on every fecking thread.

:spoton:

Nelly Terraces

As a football entity we just drift along in utter mediocrity.

We'll probably just about get promoted but what do we really have to look forward to after that, more dire, tedious, passionless football which will see us languishing near the bottom of the league being out fought by clubs with a fraction of our budget & support.

It's a shameful waste of an opportunity this club has to grow & be successful.

19 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

As a football entity we just drift along in utter mediocrity.

We'll probably just about get promoted but what do we really have to look forward to after that, more dire, tedious, passionless football which will see us languishing near the bottom of the league being out fought by clubs with a fraction of our budget & support.

It's a shameful waste of an opportunity this club has to grow & be successful.

Maybe I'm just a glass half full type but that's not how I see it. We won't "just about get promoted" we'll win this league with plenty to spare, we're already 5 points and 10 goals better off than our closest rivals after 10/11 games of a 27 game season. Slate gets wiped clean at the start of next season the same as it does every season.

SpruceBringsteen

Squad full of players who care more about instagram than Heart of Midlothian.

It's not for me, Clive.

Inept.  Why doesn't Neilson take responsibility for us being inept.  The ref might be inept.  I don't know.  I do know that we are inept.  I saw the 1st half against Celtic.  It was shocking.

Is Neilson saying that the only thing wrong was the ref?

You're out of you depth son.

10 hours ago, JAMBO _MOBY said:

The cup final,except for the first half

81.25% win percentage in his current spell.

5 points clear.

Scottish cup final in which we exceeded expectations.

Yet people still have a go whenever possible.

BDB7F494-211D-483D-B2A3-BF93628C3D54.png

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Always be proud. 

It's only one fecking result :lol:

added to the dumfermline one, not good enough, the 1st 10 mins were a joke, 

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

added to the dumfermline one, not good enough, the 1st 10 mins were a joke, 

And the Alloa result. And the Arbroath game the other night, albeit we won, but the performances are disgusting.

Finlay James

Always proud to be a Jambo.  Always.  OP is not of the Hearts persuasion, that's for sure but I'll play along.

I won't repeat what others have already said re effort, lack of fight and letting Dundee bully us in the 1st half.  A Hearts team should be the one setting the tone but last night, we allowed Dundee to do that and as such, we were always chasing our tails.

Without being dramatic, there are players who should never wear a Hearts strip again now that we have entered a new transfer window:

- Berra is more than done at this level.  His demise is sad to see but we need to forget sentiment and sign a commanding replacement ASAP.

- Walker is a ghost, an empty shirt who offers nothing.  He must be amazing in training because I can't see any reason why he continues to be picked.

- Wighton really pissed me off last night and looked like he was putting in about 10% effort.  I get that he's not a lone striker and he's done ok this season in general but for **** sake, he's a professional and if he's he's asked to play in goals, the least he should do is make an effort.  

- Lee is just not good enough

For me, last night needs to be a watershed moment for some players in the squad.  There were some positives of course.  Jamie Brandon looked composed and confident and Euan Henderson showed more pace and determination as a sub than Wighton had in the previous 60 minutes he had been on the pitch.  IMO, we should start Brandon and move Smith to centre half, Lee to the bench when Ginnelly returns and Moore starting ahead of Walker.  Henderson on the bench ahead of Wighton once Boyce returns.  

Most importantly, Irving needs to start every game.  Haring didn't look ready last night and Halliday was also very quiet.  Irving showed composure and an ability to keep the ball which had not happened until he came on.  I really hope he stays.