Wii Problem?

rossi_1983

rossi_1983

Got sky installed on friday, and just turned my wii on for the first time since, and the picture is scrambled.

Tried all the connections and they are fine, but the picture is fuzzy and has constant lines running down the screen

Anyone had a similar problem, or got an idea how to fix it?

rossi_1983
Not sure but could the tv be running at 60Htz?

Would changing it affect the sky picture, or would it just be a case of switching it everytime I want to play the wii?

Guest S.U.S.S.

depends on ur tv, if you can set it to auto it will detect the input and change accordingly.

rossi_1983
depends on ur tv, if you can set it to auto it will detect the input and change accordingly.

managed to see enough of the picture to get into wii settings, and tried both 50 and 60 hz, but neither made much difference. The 60 picture was slightly more scrambled. The wii picture is faded as well, so the tv picture is visible through it :wacko:

Craig-Section Z

I assume each is using a different scart socket on the tv??

Also make sure your sky box is off (put it on standby) just to rule that out as well.....

Basically if both are on and going to the same input (via scart or red/white/yellow) it will confuse the tv.......

Try moving ur sky to a different scart as well....

rossi_1983
I assume each is using a different scart socket on the tv??

Also make sure your sky box is off (put it on standby) just to rule that out as well.....

Basically if both are on and going to the same input (via scart or red/white/yellow) it will confuse the tv.......

Try moving ur sky to a different scart as well....

Sky uses a scart, but the Wii is connected using component cable to front of tv.

Have tried unplugging sky, but it was still the same. It isn't the sky picture coming through behind it, but the normal tv channel

Guest S.U.S.S.
Sky uses a scart, but the Wii is connected using component cable to front of tv.

Have tried unplugging sky, but it was still the same. It isn't the sky picture coming through behind it, but the normal tv channel

This may sound silly but you have pressed the av button on the handset?

rossi_1983
This may sound silly but you have pressed the av button on the handset?

Yip, have tried flicking through every possible channel output, and the best I get is the faded picture

Craig-Section Z

Try putting the Wii through different inputs if there are others, or use the RCA to SCART adaptor that wud have cum with it to use a SCART socket on the tv instead.......

rossi_1983
Try putting the Wii through different inputs if there are others, or use the RCA to SCART adaptor that wud have cum with it to use a SCART socket on the tv instead.......

That seems to have fixed it

Thanks to both of you for your help

Archived