Jump to content

Roberts- Is he the worst in recent seasons


gedster

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Robbo-Jambo

    8

  • Pasquale for King

    7

  • 1971fozzy

    7

  • NANOJAMBO

    5

Gave a big “oh no” when he signed. I remembered him from ICT and he was ordinary, lightweight.

 

You give people time though, he’d been away and weren’t sure if he’d improved? Slowly it seems my initial fears are coming true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by todays news, it appears we signed the guy even though he has a persistent groin problem. He says its the reason he's not hit form.

 

I'm sure we done a thorough medical before signing the guy, so to not pick this up, or to just go ahead with the signing, is classic Hearts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gimme an H...
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Going by todays news, it appears we signed the guy even though he has a persistent groin problem. He says its the reason he's not hit form.

 

I'm sure we done a thorough medical before signing the guy, so to not pick this up, or to just go ahead with the signing, is classic Hearts.

Where did it say that the groin problem was something he's had since before he was signed? 

 

I've just finished reading the article and didn't pick that up... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Going by todays news, it appears we signed the guy even though he has a persistent groin problem. He says its the reason he's not hit form.

 

I'm sure we done a thorough medical before signing the guy, so to not pick this up, or to just go ahead with the signing, is classic Hearts.

Just came on to post the same. 

 

Signing a total dud is one thing. Signing a total dud with a persistent injury is on another level.

 

Our recruitment policy is dug shite and those responsible should be sacked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Where did it say that the groin problem was something he's had since before he was signed? 

 

I've just finished reading the article and didn't pick that up... 

It didn't say that, that's why you never picked it up. 

 

Robbie says in a separate issue that Roberts picked up the groin injury about a month ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And haven't we learned from previous experiences ie; Sean Clare, not to completely dis players after 5 minutes.  Roberts has not looked good, granted but I have seen moments that suggest there is a better player in there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gimme an H...
26 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

It didn't say that, that's why you never picked it up. 

 

Robbie says in a separate issue that Roberts picked up the groin injury about a month ago. 

😏 Thought so... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not usually one for bashing the club, but...  ...Neilson's team that won the Championship at a canter would absolutely trounce this current outfit.  And that is probably the saddest indictment of the progress we have made as a club in those years.

 

Still beat Hibs though, right?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
4 minutes ago, Haken said:

I'm not usually one for bashing the club, but...  ...Neilson's team that won the Championship at a canter would absolutely trounce this current outfit.  And that is probably the saddest indictment of the progress we have made as a club in those years.

 

Still beat Hibs though, right?

 

 

 

I agree. Played fast, attacking football, scored goals and entertained.

 

In total contrast to this season so far, with the exception of the Dundee match. 

 

Much room for improvement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

It didn't say that, that's why you never picked it up. 

 

Robbie says in a separate issue that Roberts picked up the groin injury about a month ago. 

 

I read that as well......If that is the case...poor management by Neilson......Why play someone who you identify as injured?

It really sends out a message to the rest of the squad that you would rather play an injured (pish)player than me for example.

What's next....Frear has had to borrow Douglas Bader's spare legs this past month.

Laughable at best. 

Edited by Hashimoto
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2020 at 02:13, Cruyff said:

I don't understand why the likes of Roberts and Frear are being given chances over Moore and Henderson. 

 

Two young Academy products who are perhaps not world beaters by any stretch but have contributed on big games in the SPL. 

 

Some very strange goings on at Hearts.

Both were given extended deals like a week or two before Robbie came in.  Apparently RN has a remit to develop young players but decides to play some English lower league players instead. Doesn't make sense tbh. 

 

Both Frear and Roberts have pace but you need to have bottle as winger, try and take folk on, test them for pace, you need to work hard to find a bit space. Neither have done so. 

Remit to develop young players. That will be interesting to see as he has zero track record of doing it. Shipped Cichrane to a part time League 1 club, let McDonald go which was criminal and signed 2 duds because they were quick. Lot of fast runners out tgere, doesnt make them footballers!! He obviously doesnt rate Moore so fully expect the same players every week just shuffled around a wee bit to make it look like he has studied the form and this is the solution. Will win a lot of games, thats to be expected but there are teams in this league who will fancy their chances against us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

My main criticism of Neilson so far. Hasn’t given the young players a proper chance in the league when clearly our two fit wingers aren’t performing.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Nothing to do with his groin he's just shite. 

Ha Ha, he never looks interested never mind an injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Roberts has taken on the mantle of Clare for the bullyboys. He doesn't look that bad to me from the little we've seen of him. His crossing is as good as we've got just now, and he seems to have a bit of pace and physicality. If he gets a couple of full games behind him we'll be able to judge, but so far the jury's out as far as I'm concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible signing unfortunately because: 

 

1) He has zero physical presence considering his height - needs to get on the weights.

2) He's a shitebag in a 50/50 - pulls out of them all the time.

3) His first touch is terrible - 2nd touch is a tackle - probably tweaked his groin stretching for a ball he's failed to control.

4) He's a ball-watcher - waits on the ball coming to him and doesn't go looking for it.

5) He has zero positional awareness - every time he gets the ball he changes direction right into the path of a defender. This is particularly bad when he's facing away from the goal. 

6) He couldny cross himself - seen a lot of crosses fail to beat the first man.

7) Thinks he's an absolute 5* skill baller, but actually it looks very easy to win the ball off him.

 

He reminds me of early Sean Clare, where he just couldn't do anything right and made mistake after mistake after mistake. Maybe its a confidence thing. Or maybe he's just shite.

 

However, Joel Perreira has to be our worst signing of recent years. 

 

Edited by Batistuta87
Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm not convinced by Frear, and while I want Moore to be better than he actually is, I think there is a good player in Roberts. I played as a winger and to me he looks like a confidence player. A bit like Clare. When thk go well and the crowd is behind him, you'll see a cracking player. I've only seen a little. But I think I see a good player there. Problem is he will drop in and out. And when confidence is low will struggle. Its a mark of a real manager to get players like that to deliver. I had managers that got me to play decently regularly. And I had some that it just didn't work with. (Not at that level obviously). But thats what it looks like from my armchair view. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Looks like Roberts has taken on the mantle of Clare for the bullyboys. He doesn't look that bad to me from the little we've seen of him. His crossing is as good as we've got just now, and he seems to have a bit of pace and physicality. If he gets a couple of full games behind him we'll be able to judge, but so far the jury's out as far as I'm concerned.

So you like him, no need to slag off other fans who dont, bully boys, deary me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sussed him out early doors.

Nearly gave myself a heart attack screaming at the telly for Neilson to get him off the park in the semi final.

Just another gutless wonder. Seems to lack motivation.....Just wait until the Scottish winter kicks in!

Edited by Hashimoto
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

So you like him, no need to slag off other fans who dont, bully boys, deary me.

UGTH touched on his crossing, which has mainly been woeful. 
 

Mostly overhit and out the park.  To the naked eye it’s pretty stark how this guy lacks any punch, energy or force in his game. All very timid, fancy flicks that don’t come off and for a winger he comes inside most of the time to no effect.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fast_blood said:

It didn't say that, that's why you never picked it up. 

 

Robbie says in a separate issue that Roberts picked up the groin injury about a month ago. 

Please note factual posts are unacceptable

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

UGTH touched on his crossing, which has mainly been woeful. 
 

Mostly overhit and out the park.  To the naked eye it’s pretty stark how this guy lacks any punch, energy or force in his game. All very timid, fancy flicks that don’t come off and for a winger he comes inside most of the time to no effect.  

Good points bud, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

UGTH touched on his crossing, which has mainly been woeful. 
 

Mostly overhit and out the park.  To the naked eye it’s pretty stark how this guy lacks any punch, energy or force in his game. All very timid, fancy flicks that don’t come off and for a winger he comes inside most of the time to no effect.  

 

Totally agree. This has been my biggest gripe with him... spends more time in midfield than out on the wing. His first touch is also woeful. Come to think of it.... I really don't see him as a winger at all. I'd say Robbie is playing him out of position... if I didn't know better, but that's how he looks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Where did it say that the groin problem was something he's had since before he was signed? 

 

I've just finished reading the article and didn't pick that up... 

You're right, it didn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Terrible signing unfortunately because: 

 

1) He has zero physical presence considering his height - needs to get on the weights.

2) He's a shitebag in a 50/50 - pulls out of them all the time.

3) His first touch is terrible - 2nd touch is a tackle - probably tweaked his groin stretching for a ball he's failed to control.

4) He's a ball-watcher - waits on the ball coming to him and doesn't go looking for it.

5) He has zero positional awareness - every time he gets the ball he changes direction right into the path of a defender. This is particularly bad when he's facing away from the goal. 

6) He couldny cross himself - seen a lot of crosses fail to beat the first man.

7) Thinks he's an absolute 5* skill baller, but actually it looks very easy to win the ball off him.

 

He reminds me of early Sean Clare, where he just couldn't do anything right and made mistake after mistake after mistake. Maybe its a confidence thing. Or maybe he's just shite.

 

However, Joel Perreira has to be our worst signing of recent years. 

 

What are you saying then!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, suds66 said:

What are you saying then!!!!

 

I've read and re-read my comment and am struggling to see what's unclear??? 

 

I'm saying Roberts is shite, he reminds me of Clare when he first joined (he was utter shite to begin with), and (answering the OP's question), that Perreira is our worst signing in years... 

 

Edited by Batistuta87
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Terrible signing unfortunately because: 

 

1) He has zero physical presence considering his height - needs to get on the weights.

2) He's a shitebag in a 50/50 - pulls out of them all the time.

3) His first touch is terrible - 2nd touch is a tackle - probably tweaked his groin stretching for a ball he's failed to control.

4) He's a ball-watcher - waits on the ball coming to him and doesn't go looking for it.

5) He has zero positional awareness - every time he gets the ball he changes direction right into the path of a defender. This is particularly bad when he's facing away from the goal. 

6) He couldny cross himself - seen a lot of crosses fail to beat the first man.

7) Thinks he's an absolute 5* skill baller, but actually it looks very easy to win the ball off him.

 

He reminds me of early Sean Clare, where he just couldn't do anything right and made mistake after mistake after mistake. Maybe its a confidence thing. Or maybe he's just shite.

 

However, Joel Perreira has to be our worst signing of recent years. 

 

 

Every point you make is spot on re Roberts. 

 

Clare, even though he was shite at the start, did show something. Roberts had offered nothing at all. 

 

Will be amazed if this guy comes good for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I see his crosses and think wow that wasn’t bad considering he’s normally done next to nothing in the rest of the game ... then he goes and kicks 3 balls into the box 10ft above Boyce’s head.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gordon simpson
On 29/11/2020 at 10:27, 1971fozzy said:

He’s an awful footballer with no talent. Horrendous.  Right up there with Jamie Walker, Elliot Frear, Olly Lee,  and countless others.

a skidmark in a long line of shite ps you missed Berra 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Looks like Roberts has taken on the mantle of Clare for the bullyboys. He doesn't look that bad to me from the little we've seen of him. His crossing is as good as we've got just now, and he seems to have a bit of pace and physicality. If he gets a couple of full games behind him we'll be able to judge, but so far the jury's out as far as I'm concerned.

He's a liability at the moment as he loses or gives away the ball too easily, which then puts everyone on the back foot and the defence under unnecessary pressure. He did it against hibs and dunfermline. Needs to get a grip of what his role is and then bloody well deliver. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon Ramsay
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Looks like Roberts has taken on the mantle of Clare for the bullyboys. He doesn't look that bad to me from the little we've seen of him. His crossing is as good as we've got just now, and he seems to have a bit of pace and physicality. If he gets a couple of full games behind him we'll be able to judge, but so far the jury's out as far as I'm concerned.

 

If his crossing is as good as we've got god help us. 4 times he put it out the park when he came on against Alloa. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

 

Every point you make is spot on re Roberts. 

 

Clare, even though he was shite at the start, did show something. Roberts had offered nothing at all. 

 

Will be amazed if this guy comes good for us. 

 

Yeah Clare was excellent by the time he left and I was sad to see him go, but early on he was absolutely terrible. Roberts is reminding me of the early, pish version of Clare that we all lost patience with, only I've lost patience with him much, much sooner because at least Clare showed a bit of determination and his mistakes etc were in the Premiership - Roberts' mistakes and **** ups are in the Championship! We'd have been better off keeping Anthony MacDonald... 

 

Will also be amazed if we see anything good from him. I'd actually just release him now if we could, and play Moore.

 

Edited by Batistuta87
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stendel showed that there is potential in Henderson and Moore, Morrison pre injuries also looked better than Frear or Roberts and the McDonald sale also seems short sighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2020 at 07:55, The Mighty Thor said:

Just came on to post the same. 

 

Signing a total dud is one thing. Signing a total dud with a persistent injury is on another level.

 

Our recruitment policy is dug shite and those responsible should be sacked. 

Absolutely spot on 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...