• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• 1971fozzy

• NANOJAMBO

3 hours ago, gedster said:

Is he the worst, least talented, most chicken hearted player in last 3 years. He must be embarassed himself how far off this league he truly is. Dreadful so far, no redeeming aspects yet......

Nope Frear by a mile. 

Roberts is horrendous, Frear is just laughable. 

Popescu is just awful. 

Neilson wouldn't know a good wide player if it slapped him in the puss. 

Walker 2.0 would have to be up there in terms of atrocious signings. The guy was garbage for the last year at least of his first spell, moved to England where he was just as shit and got bounced to some bottom feeders, got injured / rejected by them and we thought this was the perfect chance to tie him up on a long deal. 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, 22games nro said:

what I can’t get my head around is that Robbie either can’t or won’t see what we all see when it comes to some of the players , the 2 mentioned and the others we can all see are not good enough or not giving a toss. 

we are all laymen at the end of the day when it comes to football but surely if we can all see it , it should be staring him straight in the face.

tell you what they are dead lucky there’s no fans at the game.

1BF21631-4B88-4F7D-965A-66BBD7F54757.jpeg

I think Robbie has the same stubborn streak as Craig Levein. 

Continually playing 1 up front - irrespective of the opposition - would bear that out. 

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Nope Frear by a mile. 

Roberts is horrendous, Frear is just laughable. 

Popescu is just awful. 

Neilson wouldn't know a good wide player if it slapped him in the puss. 

Yeah, Frear is atrocious.  I used to think  guys like King/Nicholson would never get to the top with Hearts (if you can remember the salad days of aspirational football for a Euro spot) but now we're looking at guys who can't even get us out of the 2nd tier of Scottish football and who couldn't lace their boots.  

He is definitely the worst winger hearts have had in the last 10 years. Bring back Nicholson,  King, morrison or Zannatta every one is a massive improvement on this fraud. Everything he does whether its attacking, crossing, defending, closing down or his positional play is all s**te. How could we be so stupid to sign him?

35 minutes ago, Papa said:

Dumbfounded that we gave Frear and Robert’s contracts and let McDonald and Morrison leave. Who is making these crazy calls?

Correct. 

Absolutely astonishing that Frear got a contract and Roberts for that matter. 

Add to that Moore and Henderson who got new deals.

All Neilsons decisions as well. 

Mcdonald and Morrison are no world beaters but better than these dross signings that have brought in. 

2 minutes ago, jager man said:

He is definitely the worst winger hearts have had in the last 10 years. Bring back Nicholson,  King, morrison or Zannatta every one is a massive improvement on this fraud. Everything he does whether its attacking, crossing, defending, closing down or his positional play is all s**te. How could we be so stupid to sign him?

Second worse in ten years. 

Frear wins that prize. 😏

magicjohnston

For such a big, physical looking guy. He certainly seems a bit of a whimp. Watching him jog/walk after he loses the ball in the final 3rd is really getting on my tits.

I can handle players without ability along as they show desire, and he shows neither!!

Edited by magicjohnston
Missed word

15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Continually playing 1 up front - irrespective of the opposition - would bear that out. 

The trouble with Neilson is he shows far too much respect to teams that don't warrant it. 

11 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Don't worry, we have Halliday...........

JKB "but he's no played for 6 months, give the guy a break !".

Me "what's he doing in the team then ? "

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

The trouble with Neilson is he shows far too much respect to teams that don't warrant it. 

Correct. His quote before the Alloa game at Tynecastle on Tuesday was "they have a lot of experienced players who know what they're doing" ignoring the fact that they haven't won a league game this season. 

Just now, iainmac said:

Correct. His quote before the Alloa game at Tynecastle on Tuesday was "they have a lot of experienced players who know what they're doing" ignoring the fact that they haven't won a league game this season. 

Exactly. 

It's actually Alloa we are talking about. 

It's cringe worthy tbh. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Spot on. He started with a 433 today, changed it to a diamond in midfield then changed it back to 433. How can you change the original formation that isn’t working then think, I was right originally let’s go back to that. He then changed a further two times. I don’t think I’ve ever seen us play a game with five different formations and do nothing of any note within them. 

magicjohnston
25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly this. Bring back the George Burley days, when it was. When he would essentially tell our players in the dressing room. This team are shite, all their players are shite. You guys are much better, get out and win!

24 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Tell me that's not true. 

What was his prematch appraisal of the Pars  midfield (a Celtic loanee, a guy who was playing for Stranraer last year and a 30something Hibby has been ). I dread to think. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Exactly this. Bring back the George Burley days, when it was. When he would essentially tell our players in the dressing room. This team are shite, all their players are shite. You guys are much better, get out and win!

We could still say that and it’s still true with most of the shite we play in this tinpot league. 

Pasquale for King

I did say early on that Roberts would be someone fans would turn on, this turning back all the time and not even attempting to beat a man would have me screaming at him. He’s got pace but doesn’t seem capable of doing anything with it. Has he created any chances yet. His crossing is just as bad everyone else’s. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Absolutely. 

Neilson should be saying let them worry about us rather than us worrying about them. 

He is far too cautious and worries about the opposition when most of the time we should be blowing them out of the water. 

You are right about the Burley days, every game we are out the traps and had games won by half time. 

Neilson shows these wee crappy teams far too much respect imo. 

1 hour ago, Papa said:

Robbie gave Frear a 2 week trial and decided against him only to go back weeks later and give him a year contract. Speaks volumes.

I never thought I’d say this but the decision to sign Frear is possibly worse than the decision to sign Sammon.

I occasionally see the sarcastic remark made on here along the lines of “Yeah cos some random on kickback will know better than our footballing department”.

When our club signs players like the aforementioned who the whole fan base knew were sh1te I wish it was some random on kickback in charge of recruitment

26 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

I never thought I’d say this but the decision to sign Frear is possibly worse than the decision to sign Sammon.

I occasionally see the sarcastic remark made on here along the lines of “Yeah cos some random on kickback will know better than our footballing department”.

When our club signs players like the aforementioned who the whole fan base knew were sh1te I wish it was some random on kickback in charge of recruitment

My son was a decent player as a youth and I'd genuinely say he knows a lot about the game and the players who have come/gone at Hearts in recent years but I'll never forget the day Sammon was signed. He walked into the living room and just looked me , almost crying in disbelief "Dad. Connor. F888ing. Sammon" and walked out. 

Personally I thought Cole Stockton was rock bottom , especially after Cathro talked some shite about getting him before he became unaffordable.  A guy who's now in the 4th tier of English football. 

But i'm sure we all have our "favourites". 

I don't understand why the likes of Roberts and Frear are being given chances over Moore and Henderson. 

Two young Academy products who are perhaps not world beaters by any stretch but have contributed on big games in the SPL. 

Some very strange goings on at Hearts.

Both were given extended deals like a week or two before Robbie came in.  Apparently RN has a remit to develop young players but decides to play some English lower league players instead. Doesn't make sense tbh. 

Both Frear and Roberts have pace but you need to have bottle as winger, try and take folk on, test them for pace, you need to work hard to find a bit space. Neither have done so. 

He is up against some pretty stiff competition to be fair.

Any of these bob a job ***** think they are worth shit need to say to themselves tonight:

Alloa FC. Alloa ****ing FC.

What is baffling is that we obviously spoke to Nicholson in the summer and someone has thought "You know what, naaaah, we can spend this money better elsewhere", and then brought in Frear and Roberts. In all seriousness, who actually does recruitment that thought saving the money on getting in a known and decent quantity, and then completely wasting it on these two for a couple of year.

There is no way to convince me that McDonald or Moore are any worse.

I think Frear might be worse. I think Roberts might have a bit of talent, but no fight, heart or desire to go with it. Frear appears to have none of the above. 

Салатные палочки

Another pussy of a player.  We need utter *******s to get out this league. Like what Naismith used to be.

8 hours ago, Papa said:

Dumbfounded that we gave Frear and Robert’s contracts and let McDonald and Morrison leave. Who is making these crazy calls?

Sheila and Maggie.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 hours ago, gedster said:

Is he the worst, least talented, most chicken hearted player in last 3 years. He must be embarassed himself how far off this league he truly is. Dreadful so far, no redeeming aspects yet......

The list of duds we’ve signed is so long I can hardly remember who’s on it.

Still, number one on Tripadvisor, eh?

Whilst I am also disappointed in Frear and Roberts, are we not getting a bit desperate pointing the finger at two players who didn’t even start yesterday?  

Just feels like an easy target when first picks like Boyce, Walker and Halliday are letting us down every week. 

Just another two absolute duds to add to a long list of wage thief's over the last 4 years. Not there fault but the fault of the Managers signing them. I know you can't always get it right but the no duds compared to the decent ones is shocking to be polite. Dread to think of the money wasted on these guys. Robbie has found two which certainly reach lower levels in this pair. 

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Whilst I am also disappointed in Frear and Roberts, are we not getting a bit desperate pointing the finger at two players who didn’t even start yesterday?  

Just feels like an easy target when first picks like Boyce, Walker and Halliday are letting us down every week. 

There's threads on Boyce and Walker of a similar ilk. Roberts and Frear are just a special kind of shite. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

There's threads on Boyce and Walker of a similar ilk. Roberts and Frear are just a special kind of shite. 

I must admit, I’ve seen flashes of decent play from Roberts to suggest he’s not shite, just holding back for some reason.  Seen absolutely nothing from Frear in the games he’s played in. 

4 hours ago, jager man said:

I thought at the time of signing Frear....why!? A good season at Motherwell a few years back is good enough for Hearts!? As for Roberts...he seemed to start off fine and now he's back from injury, he looks pretty poor. They are about the same level as Mulraney was. Nicholson was given the chance to come back but chose Bristol Rovers (i think it was) instead. I'd much rather we'd brought Templeton back. He ripped us a new one a few times for Hamilton and he'd said he felt he had unfinished business at Hearts. Too late now. Between King and Morrison...King was the better of the two. At least he could actually get crosses into the box unlike Morrison who more often than not, turned back on himself and passed inwards or backwards breaking down every attacking opportunity. I don't even know where King is these days. On Zanatta....no. He was at Hearts for (i think) five years and failed every season to break into the team regularly. That's why he was always out on loan. Moore isn't the greatest either but he was starting to show some form under Stendel. Maybe the attacking style suited him more that the drivel that Neilson (or should that be Leveineilson) wants to go back to. I liked Jordan Jones at Killie. Has pace, directness but ended up ruining his career on Rangers-2012's bench.

Roberts isn’t alone here, we have a habit over the last number of years of signing too many weak players with a lack of strong mentality. You may have ability but without heart and proper attitude you’re nothing. That’s where our problem lies 

26 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Roberts isn’t alone here, we have a habit over the last number of years of signing too many weak players with a lack of strong mentality. You may have ability but without heart and proper attitude you’re nothing. That’s where our problem lies 

Amen

Gordon Ramsay
31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Problem with Roberts is he doesn't have ability either. 

Holyrood_Hearts

I know Morrison & McDonald were young (ish) but to let them go & bring in Frear and Roberts is looking terrible business

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Tell me that's not true. 

What was his prematch appraisal of the Pars  midfield (a Celtic loanee, a guy who was playing for Stranraer last year and a 30something Hibby has been ). I dread to think. 

Yep, here's the link. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-offer-mihai-popescu-full-support-key-man-returns-alloa-match-3044841

Edited by iainmac