Jump to content

*** official Alloa v Heart of Midlothian v lc last 16 thread***


Smith's right boot

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

After their stance during the summer there is no dilemma for me.

 

Feck Alloa. 

 

3-0 Hearts.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment but feel a tad disappointed with the lack of colour compared with your usual standard of prose :thumbsdown:         :tongue:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hearts007

    76

  • sadj

    51

  • NANOJAMBO

    51

  • Smith's right boot

    33

jonnothejambo
5 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment but feel a tad disappointed with the lack of colour compared with your usual standard of prose :thumbsdown:         :tongue:

 

Turned over a new leaf, mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't have paid them a penny in the first place. 

 

Its a small sacrifice not to watch Hearts this season,  really it is when you read that shit. 

 

Sooner the tinpot shit go tits up the better 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon

Brandon Halkett Berra Kingsley

Lee Irving

Moore Walker Henderson

Wighton

 

Bench: Stewart (GK), Popescu, Haring, Halliday, Roberts, Naismith, Boyce

 

If Smith is fully fit then swap him in for Brandon. Didn't think I would be putting Berra in my starting lineup a few weeks ago but Popescu is looking more and more a bombscare every week. 

 

Haring would ideally be starting every game but should probably be carefully managed leading up to the cup final.

 

Give the young lads a chance on the wings and Wighton deserves to start up top ahead of Boyce.

 

Alloa 1 - 4 Hearts. Walker, Wighton (2) and Halkett

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely to see some JKB alumni, jump all over the Alloa Twitter, earlier.

 

Nothing unites a board more, than thick ***** from opposition teams.

 

:verysmug:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much longer before we can fill Tynie to the rafters again and support the club the way Hearts fans do best. Will be an emotional day seeing Tynie rocking out the Hearts song.

 

Clubs like Alloa can look on as we continue to boycott their tin shit stadiums.  Hope the Hearts fans don’t forget 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Lovely to see some JKB alumni, jump all over the Alloa Twitter, earlier.

 

Nothing unites a board more, than thick ***** from opposition teams.

 

:verysmug:

 

😆

 

..and Alloa have twitter?  😗

Edited by JDK2020
Link to post
Share on other sites

1-2 hearts

I think it will be tough on their plastic patch.

I would maybe make a few changes to protect our better players from potentially getting injured.

I would go 

Stewart

Brandon Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Halliday Irving

Henderson Walker Moore

Wighton

Keep Haring and Naismith off the plastic, Maybe we can bring boyce on if needed for last 20 etc but i think we should have enough to win with that team. Also it gives hendo and moore a chance to see what they can do in a competitive game and if they can offer more pace and energy than frear and Robert's on the wings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alloa can go do this if they think they’ll one penny from me , FOH or the club shop will get my cash 

#onlyHearts 

CB0DECFD-AF65-4BE1-BD42-139FA93F200A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t understand why anyone would pay for this anyway - quality will be appalling: TV coverage and the game.

 

Its not even an important game and it’s at their shithole?

 

Virtual fans don’t help the team either so that excuse is out the window

 

is anyone going to admit to coughing up for this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laurie said:

Will post the above in here too - sorry, I thought the match thread was carrying on from Tuesday! 

 

I imagine even less people will be keen to pay Alloa for PPV after the reaction I saw to their Twitter shenanigans... 🤣


I think you will find we were all very polite and respectful in our responses to their tweet the ****ing ^^^^wombling b***ends


Can see you turning up and them saying nope you cant come in now after championing the boycott of more fans 😉

Edited by sadj
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Barack said:

Lovely to see some JKB alumni, jump all over the Alloa Twitter, earlier.

 

Nothing unites a board more, than thick ***** from opposition teams.

 

:verysmug:


I assume its still going on , hopefully the ones on the other side of the world (although alumni is not the word for them) continue it with a second wave as thats the done thing this year....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sadj said:


I think you will find we were all very polite and respectful in our responses to their tweet the ****ing ^^^^wombling bellends.


Can see you turning up and them saying nope you cant come in now after championing the boycott of more fans 😉

 

I have neither encouraged, or discouraged, fans to sign up for their PPV service... ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Is the commentary for Hearts world only or can we all enjoy it ? 

Commentary only,uk and international . Full match available after midnight 

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t understand why anyone would pay for this anyway - quality will be appalling: TV coverage and the game.

 

Its not even an important game and it’s at their shithole?

 

Virtual fans don’t help the team either so that excuse is out the window

 

is anyone going to admit to coughing up for this?

 

Quite a few have "admitted" it already. Ill likely get it myself too depending on what else is going on tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by been here before
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Commentary only,uk and international . Full match available after midnight 

Excellent 👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Alloa can go do this if they think they’ll one penny from me , FOH or the club shop will get my cash 

#onlyHearts 

CB0DECFD-AF65-4BE1-BD42-139FA93F200A.jpeg

:spoton:

 

 

They're a nonentity with a scummy prick of a chairman, bet their coverage is puss poor anyway. 

Think that Brandjn may come in for Smith,  hopefully Ginnelly gets a run out & Iriving or McGill can force their way into the team. 

2.0 Hearts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennant's  6's
Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

:spoton:

 

 

They're a nonentity with a scummy prick of a chairman, bet their coverage is piss poor anyway. 

Think that Brandon may come in for Smith,  hopefully Ginnelly gets a run out & Iriving or McGill can force their way into the team. 

2.0 Hearts 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Just hate the whole lot of them rather than wasting energy on working out who it is you're supposed to hate or tolerate.

 

 

 

This 100%

 

I'm surprised that anybody needs to see a sarcastic wee tweet to help them make up their mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not much longer before we can fill Tynie to the rafters again and support the club the way Hearts fans do best. Will be an emotional day seeing Tynie rocking out the Hearts song.

 

Clubs like Alloa can look on as we continue to boycott their tin shit stadiums.  Hope the Hearts fans don’t forget 

I honestly don’t think you will see a full Tynecastle this season, maybe even in 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon

 

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley 

 

Haring

Halkett

 

Walker

Naismith 

White

 

Wighton 

 

Think this would be a deserved XI, wouldn't be unhappy to see some younger players involved though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Gordon

 

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley 

 

Haring

Halkett

 

Walker

Naismith 

White

 

Wighton 

 

Think this would be a deserved XI, wouldn't be unhappy to see some younger players involved though 

See Halkett’s covering a lot of ground 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, S Form said:

See Halkett’s covering a lot of ground 😉

Whoops, he can barely cover his own area :lol:

 

Meant Halliday

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Just hate the whole lot of them rather than wasting energy on working out who it is you're supposed to hate or tolerate.

 

 

It's fairly simple if we are playing another Championship club.  If Robbo isn't their manager, they are baddies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

I don't mind that, a bit "banter" is OK by me, clubs having wee dogs at others before match day is what it should be all about Tbh. 

 

The vote is the clincher for me, but as with all cup games, Hearts do get half the money so I can see why many would watch us. 

 

League games no chance from me tho. 

If we all donate the ppv cost to FOH, Hearts get all the money.  Alloa still incur the costs of staging the game, but don't get any contribution from Hearts fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Anyone know if this is streaming anywhere?

 

4-0 Hearts - Boyce to get 2 (if he's playing!)

 

4 hours ago, R1874 said:

Would like to see a little rotation. Irving, Lee, Henderson, Wighton, Brandon should all start. Roberts and Walker too as need to get into form

 

Gordon

 

Brandon

Halkett

Berra

Kingsley

 

Roberts

Lee

Irving
Henderson

 

Walker

 

Wighton

 

Naismith, Boyce, Haring, Halliday/Smith all on bench. Plus Moore/McGill in case game is won. 
 

They aren’t particularly good. Should beat them no problem 

 

I have a feeling that Halliday will start, but agree with Wighton in for Boyce up front.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, been here before said:

 

Quite a few have "admitted" it already. Ill likely get it myself too depending on what else is going on tomorrow afternoon.

 

Currently investigating a few options to get the squad in on one log in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usual for me for away games against the ***** that voted to demote us. IPTV and twenty quid to FoH.

 

Hope they go bust. After we backdoor boogie them of course. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t understand why anyone would pay for this anyway - quality will be appalling: TV coverage and the game.

 

Its not even an important game and it’s at their shithole?

 

Virtual fans don’t help the team either so that excuse is out the window

 

is anyone going to admit to coughing up for this?

Me!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to give a huge shout out to the people at FOH.  I went onto the site about 10 minutes ago to make a one-off donation of £30, and didn't notice that when you key in your donation, there is another box that shows the .00 amount of the donation, so you only need to key in the whole pounds.  I keyed in £30.00 and was horrified to receive a confirmation for my donation of £3,000!!!

 

I panicked like hell, but contacted the email address on the FOH page and within a few minutes I received a response to say they had cancelled the payment.  Stuart and Barry who dealt with this after 11pm on a Friday night, you guys are heroes!  I can go to bed tonight and sleep comfortably instead of fretting about getting hit with overdraft charges from my bank while awaiting a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I have to give a huge shout out to the people at FOH.  I went onto the site about 10 minutes ago to make a one-off donation of £30, and didn't notice that when you key in your donation, there is another box that shows the .00 amount of the donation, so you only need to key in the whole pounds.  I keyed in £30.00 and was horrified to receive a confirmation for my donation of £3,000!!!

 

I panicked like hell, but contacted the email address on the FOH page and within a few minutes I received a response to say they had cancelled the payment.  Stuart and Barry who dealt with this after 11pm on a Friday night, you guys are heroes!  I can go to bed tonight and sleep comfortably instead of fretting about getting hit with overdraft charges from my bank while awaiting a refund.

It’s easy done. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

I have to give a huge shout out to the people at FOH.  I went onto the site about 10 minutes ago to make a one-off donation of £30, and didn't notice that when you key in your donation, there is another box that shows the .00 amount of the donation, so you only need to key in the whole pounds.  I keyed in £30.00 and was horrified to receive a confirmation for my donation of £3,000!!!

 

I panicked like hell, but contacted the email address on the FOH page and within a few minutes I received a response to say they had cancelled the payment.  Stuart and Barry who dealt with this after 11pm on a Friday night, you guys are heroes!  I can go to bed tonight and sleep comfortably instead of fretting about getting hit with overdraft charges from my bank while awaiting a refund.


Top man. 
 

They are a tremendous organisation FOH with amazing people. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boyce must be knackered. But people really need to look at his all round game. 

 

Wighton could not lace his boots over time. However this is more Wighton level of opposition and that rather perversely counts for something 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

If we all donate the ppv cost to FOH, Hearts get all the money.  Alloa still incur the costs of staging the game, but don't get any contribution from Hearts fans.

 

Correct, but some Hearts fans in supporting them might want to watch them as well. 

 

At least this way Hearts still get money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Alloa missing out on the maroon pound this week, going by some of the responses my favourite is " I would rather give my money to isis

 
Face with tears of joy
 
Face with tears of joy

" there still hurting

 
Broken heart
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlimOzturk said:


Top man. 
 

They are a tremendous organisation FOH with amazing people. 

 

 

I was just so amazed that it was dealt with so quickly at such a late hour on a Friday night.  I wasn't even sure if they would be able to cancel the payment, so my best case scenario was that they would refund it, but I'd have been hit with overdraft charges as I don't have any ready funds that I could have transferred into my current account to cover the payment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Boyce must be knackered. But people really need to look at his all round game. 

 

Wighton could not lace his boots over time. However this is more Wighton level of opposition and that rather perversely counts for something 

 

Wighton's pace and directness seem to suit this game. Hoping he starts up top, either on his own or with Boyce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Correct, but some Hearts fans in supporting them might want to watch them as well. 

 

At least this way Hearts still get money. 

 

I agree, it's each to their own I guess.  But I forked out for ppv for the East Fife game and it was pretty shocking.  Every few minutes my link cut out and I had to refresh to get back on stream, only for it to cut out again after a few minutes.  I only subscribed to the East Fife ppv because they are on the 'good guys' list, but I think I'll give ppv a swerve from now on, regardless of the opponent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...