Leanne Dempster away from Hibs?

Gambo

Mysterion
42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No Dempster fan but can’t see any reason why Queens Park can’t climb up the leagues if they get a bit of dosh behind them. Lots of small poorly supported sides have done so in the past. 

Queens Park spent decades taking any money it earned and putting it into grassroots football. I was told by a youth coach from there once that they did it so as not to look like they were taking advantage of the SFA and the leagues because they earned money from Hampden. 

It was a noble endeavour but in my opinion they squandered opportunities to build a club and support that had none of the sectarianism of the Old Firm. 

They Hibs'd it. 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Smith's right boot

• sadj

• i8hibsh

2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Queens Park spent decades taking any money it earned and putting it into grassroots football. I was told by a youth coach from there once that they did it so as not to look like they were taking advantage of the SFA and the leagues because they earned money from Hampden. 

It was a noble endeavour but in my opinion they squandered opportunities to build a club and support that had none of the sectarianism of the Old Firm. 

They Hibs'd it. 

Interesting, thanks. Other than they played at hampden and they were decent in the very distant past I don’t really know much about them.

Edited by GinRummy
Mysterion
1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

As a near-Weegie (born there but raised in Kirkie) I have a dream.

Drove past the old Robroy grounds in Dec - sad to see the old gates still locked and the generic housing estate around the site. 

kirkierobroy
10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Drove past the old Robroy grounds in Dec - sad to see the old gates still locked and the generic housing estate around the site. 

Something in the deal means they can't build on the old pitch until construction has started on the new one. If it ever does.

WheatfieldWarrior
22 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That is a big statement by Queens Park. Now they have dropped amateur status they have certainly been doing quite a bit to show they should be higher up the leagues.

Years managing the wee team should stand Dempster in good stead for a job at Queen's Park, but the big question is can she handle the step up?

Rick Sanchez

I maybe missed it but I've not seen any 'journalist' question why she's left Hibs for Queens Park. 

Bigger club? Na.

Money? Na.

Better working conditions? Probably.

But Hibs are a cuddly wee club who try to do things the right way, apparently. So nobody will ask the hard hitting questions. So when the shit hits the fan, it'll hit from nowhere 😃

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I maybe missed it but I've not seen any 'journalist' question why she's left Hibs for Queens Park. 

Bigger club? Na.

Money? Na.

Better working conditions? Probably.

But Hibs are a cuddly wee club who try to do things the right way, apparently. So nobody will ask the hard hitting questions. So when the shit hits the fan, it'll hit from nowhere 😃

Leanne is from the west.

she commuted to Edinburgh each working day.

She is not married nor has a family, but has likely earned loads of money as a chief exec over that past wee while.

She has mentioned in interviews that her mum is old and unwell.  She also mentioned that she was in a bubble with her mum and was finding it tough to share those caring duties with the commute and pressure of running a premiership club.

When you take all that into account, she would appear to have elected to take a drop in salary for a better quality of life and to care for her mum.  Regardless of her Hibness in the past, this is actually pretty commendable and I wish her well now she's out of the vermin.

eyesandears
7 minutes ago, poggs said:

Leanne is from the west.

she commuted to Edinburgh each working day.

She is not married nor has a family, but has likely earned loads of money as a chief exec over that past wee while.

She has mentioned in interviews that her mum is old and unwell.  She also mentioned that she was in a bubble with her mum and was finding it tough to share those caring duties with the commute and pressure of running a premiership club.

When you take all that into account, she would appear to have elected to take a drop in salary for a better quality of life and to care for her mum.  Regardless of her Hibness in the past, this is actually pretty commendable and I wish her well now she's out of the vermin.

She tried to shaft Hearts. For that alone I will not be offering her an ounce of sympathy.