In amongst the BIG boys.

Drylaw Hearts

I can understand us being accepted as Scotlands 3rd largest club but Newcastle in England?? It all looks like it is based on attendances and earning potential. Also interesting the statement about them rejecting the idea of caps on foreign players.

heartsfc_fan

I can understand Hearts (...well come on! Hibs....errrr naw ;) and Aberdeen?!?! Yer having a laugh!!)

Newcastle??! Quite a strange one. Why not Everton, Villa?

shaun.lawson
I can understand us being accepted as Scotlands 3rd largest club but Newcastle in England?? It all looks like it is based on attendances and earning potential. Also interesting the statement about them rejecting the idea of caps on foreign players.

It's based on the UEFA rankings list, Taz. Meaning we'll drop out in a couple of years and be replaced by Aberdeen if we don't get our act together; and Newcastle are in because they're still England's fifth ranked club (and indeed, were the number 1 seed in the 06/7 UEFA Cup, despite only making it through the Intertoto).

Not that it makes much difference, really. I imagine it'll still be the usual wealthy suspects who have all the power here: the likes of Hearts will probably just sit there meekly and be grateful to even be acknowledged. I suspect Vlad'll be happy though: how many other owners have two clubs in the list?

shaun.lawson
Hearts?

lol

Kaunas are in too. Long live the pyramid, eh? :wacko:

Ryan Gosling
Kaunas are in too. Long live the pyramid, eh? :wacko:

"Romanov sets sights on UEFA"

Feel the power Shaun.

Feel it.

shaun.lawson
"Romanov sets sights on UEFA"

Feel the power Shaun.

Feel it.

Colour me trembling in awe.

Ibrahim Tall

It's based on the UEFA co-efficients, as of the time the plans were drawn up we were the 3rd highest Scottish team and Newcastle the 5th highest English team. Unfortunetly i'm pretty sure Aberdeens now set to replace us next time the teams change.(2 years i think?)

"So Mr. Romanov, what do you think of the proposal?"

"I think some of the clubs are more valuable than all the oil in Russia. I feel some of the people here are monekys and all are you are on the long road to hell. I hate striped shirts."

"Indeed. Who invited him?"

"So Mr. Romanov, what do you think of the proposal?"

"I think some of the clubs are more valuable than all the oil in Russia. I feel some of the people here are monekys and all are you are on the long road to hell. I hate striped shirts."

"Indeed. Who invited him?"

:laugh:

Brilliant.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I would guess the fact that Campbell Ogilvie is well connected in these parts as well helped matters. CO helped to devise the original concept of the Champions League.

Drylaw Hearts
Because of Mr Romanov.

Can you imagine that happening under the pieman, more than likely it would have gone to the sheep.

Another plus in the Romanov era.

I look forward to you reminding us that it will be ANOTHER negative in the Romanov era when we lose our place at the top table.

But you probably won't.

Actually I wonder if the 2 3rd place finishes under CPR aidied our co-efficient ???

grumpyjambo
Because of Mr Romanov.

Can you imagine that happening under the pieman, more than likely it would have gone to the sheep.

Get yer tin hat on!!! By the way I agree with you.

lost in leith
Because of Mr Romanov.

Actually most of the results which contributed to our UEFA ranking were achieved while the pieman was in charge.

Nice try though.

luckystrike
Because of Mr Romanov.

actually it would have, but don't let facts get in the way of your undying love for the looney.

Because of Mr Romanov.

:loser:

Because of Mr Romanov.

Dumbass.

What about the 'compensation' payments for players on International duty such as Euro 2008 ?

The report says 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle, having supplied Marius Niculae for Romania, are due ?80,000' :dribble:

Maybe Vlad might have a beady eye on that concept as a nice wee earner ;)

Because of Mr Romanov.

It's got nowt to do with Vlad.

Anyway I wonder who will represent Hearts at this meeting?

ToadKiller Dog

Its got everything to do with Vlad as the person appointed to sit on that board from hearts will be there to argue his case ,his point of view,he will be his choice.

who got hearts there pieman or vlad is irrelevant.

Its got everything to do with Vlad as the person appointed to sit on that board from hearts will be there to argue his case ,his point of view,he will be his choice.

who got hearts there pieman or vlad is irrelevant.

Oh aye,I'll bet he cant wait to talk about this,he cant be arsed talking to the fans but you watch he'll schmooze up to all the bigwigs there though.

One good thing is if he does go himself,the rest of European football will find out what a clown he is as well.

And one thing more,sure it's relevant who got us there as this whole fiasco seems to be about scoring points from Vlad's camp at every available turn.

Managers like Arsenal's Ars?ne Wenger have regularly complained about players from South America or Africa being forced to make long journeys for friendlies and returning too late to prepare properly for the next domestic match.

The simple solution Arsene is don't sign players from South America or Africa.

I hope to feck its CO and not VR.

Can you imagine that fecking lunatic sitting there with your Berlusconi's and LaPorta's rambling on about monkeys and goats eating your cabbages ?

Because of Mr Romanov.

How I wish people would stop calling him that. By far one of the most cringeworthy developments over the last few years.

Nelly Terraces

Good to be eating at the top table. I just chucked an eaten chicken leg away over my shoulder and a scavenging hobo picked it up and started sucking on the bones.

From the EEN

Hearts' representative in Switzerland is Mindaugas Nikolicius, a financial consultant from the club's parent company, Ukio Bankas Investment Group.

Guest JamboRobbo
Because of Mr Romanov.

As well informed as usual I see.

The reason we are in there, is what we acheived with Pieman and Levein/Robbo when we made the UEFA group stage.

Malcolm Tucker
Oh my god, they did not send ***** to represent us - surely.

What's wrong with the *****? Never really heard of the guy before.

It's based on the UEFA rankings list, Taz. Meaning we'll drop out in a couple of years and be replaced by Aberdeen if we don't get our act together; and Newcastle are in because they're still England's fifth ranked club (and indeed, were the number 1 seed in the 06/7 UEFA Cup, despite only making it through the Intertoto).

Not that it makes much difference, really. I imagine it'll still be the usual wealthy suspects who have all the power here: the likes of Hearts will probably just sit there meekly and be grateful to even be acknowledged. I suspect Vlad'll be happy though: how many other owners have two clubs in the list?

Aside from the prestige of being on a list that other teams aren't it wont make much difference whether it's Newcastle or Everton or Spurs as their interests in terms of the organisation of European Football are broadly similar. They're big clubs who should be in the UEFA cup fairly regularly but for whom Champions League qualification represents a rare treat and for that matter it wont be big deal in the grand scheme of things if the sheep are in there for a spell because their agenda is going to be pretty similar to ours.

It matters more that someone from outside the Old Firm is there than which club it happens to be.

Archived