Bought a Nintendo Wii today - recommendations

Craigieboy

Craigieboy

Not much of a gamer but the kids played it the other day at some idiots house & we liked it.

So what are good games? Bearing in mind games for kids age 6 as well.

We got the sports game & also a fairground game thing.

Is the Mariokart game good? Can you play it using the normal hand gadget?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I bought one last week and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by it

Commander Harris

your classic nintendo stuff is the way to go. Don't make much use of the wiimote but are great games.

zelda, mariokart, metroid.

for more wii specific fun wario ware is good for the crack if you've got a few folk round.

Griclesfield

i thought red steel was poor ....

must of been the fact i got frustrated within 10 mins of playing it .. it took ages to run around the corner with the silly controllers .. haha

wacky races is coming out. iv hardly played the wii but wacky races is one of the greatest things ever. along with mariokart. so get that also

wacky races is coming out. iv hardly played the wii but wacky races is one of the greatest things ever. along with mariokart. so get that also

Wacky Races is one of the best cartoons ....... ever.

Most likely anyone under 30 just wont get it.

Wacky Races is one of the best cartoons ....... ever.

Most likely anyone under 30 just wont get it.

im only 21! but still think its brilliant. dont make em like that anymore.:rockon:

Mario strikers charged thing, cartoon football game..... Its not brilliant on single player but great fun if you've someone round!

Rudolf's Mate

Mario Strikers was terrible IMO. Was also round a friends yesterday who had the mario olympics one. Didn't play it however the kids were on it and it looks fantastic if you are playing with another/group.

For kids Warioware, Rayman Raving Rabbids and Mario & Sonic olympics will be good.

Mario Kart is awesome and is accessible to pretty much anybody.

For teenagers and adults there are quite a few must-haves.

Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy are both 30+hour games and are just fantastic games.

avoid cheapo games like Rock N Roll adventures, Ninjabread man and Anubis because they really are designed to fool parents into wasting their cash.

There are about 9 of these games which cost around ?15-?25 and they are just a complete waste of money. They're mostly made by a company called conspiricy.

There's a harry potter ripoff, 2 or 3 racing games and a london taxi game.

Avoid at all costs.

http://wii.ign.com and http://www.gamespot.com/wii and check out the reviews

Also - give it time to get used to the controls. The wiimote and nunchuk control system is difficult for some but once you've got it, it' fantastic.

im only 21! but still think its brilliant. dont make em like that anymore.:rockon:

I'm 19 and it was one of my favourite cartoons.

200px-SlagBrothers.jpg

I've not got a Wii but Zelda remains one of the best games I've ever played on the Nintendo 64...

Lego Indiana Jones is good fun. The missus is currently playing it for hours each day & my mates 6 year old loves it too.

Super Smash Bros Brawl was my latest purchase, and it is superb. Mario Kart, Pro Evo and Lego Star Wars are all great, as is Super Mario Galaxy.

Sonic and Mario Olympics is cool.

Get your youngsters on to the brain gym as well.

Currently playing Crash of the Titans and enjoying that.

For the adults.....Bully.

Lego Indiana Jones is good fun. The missus is currently playing it for hours each day & my mates 6 year old loves it too.

I've just got a Wii and this was the first game I got. Good fun but IMO best when played with two people.

Captain Lithuania
Not much of a gamer but the kids played it the other day at some idiots house & we liked it.

I recommend you bin it

vegas-voss

Pes 2008,No More Hereos,Super Smash Brothers Brawl(aint got that one myself but my mate says it is brilliant)

rossi_1983

Must haves imo:

Mario Kart

Super Smash Bros

Mario and Sonic at Olympics

Zelda

Resident Evil 4 (Not one for the kids, but it is an amazing fps that works really well with controls)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Mario Kart and Lego Indiana Jones are currently the most played in my household.

Super Mario Smash Brawl looks good aswell.

Had a shot of Wii Fit last night for the first time. Its not bad.

Cat Stevens

On a crest of Wimbledon I bought Top Spin Tennis 3 the other day. Very good, especially if you enjoy the tennis game on Wii Sports. It's much more technical.

I would recommend going onto a gaming website for research on game ratings, that's how I chose Super Mario Galaxy and Zak & Wiki and I'm considering Zelda for my next buy. I had a few mates round the house on Saturday who had never used the Wii before. My five-year old played Wii Sports with them and they were so hooked that I expect them all to have a Wii by the end of the week!

Walter Bishop

Mariokart is the mutt`s nuts!!! Bought it last week, the kids and i are addicted, also you can use the Gamecube controllers for it which are alot easier than the wheel!!!

I would recommend going onto a gaming website for research on game ratings, that's how I chose Super Mario Galaxy and Zak & Wiki and I'm considering Zelda for my next buy. I had a few mates round the house on Saturday who had never used the Wii before. My five-year old played Wii Sports with them and they were so hooked that I expect them all to have a Wii by the end of the week!

If you buy Zelda, you will not regret it. It's easily one of the best games around for any system.

Is it the Wii that has that quiz game? I like it (even though I'm not that good at it!!)

Smarty pants is quite good! We have quite a few games now but my favorite is Wii Fit, having fun whilst exercising is the way to go. The kids love the wii fit too and Mario party 8. Dont buy the darts its well hard!

Archived