Team prediction (guess)

Stewart

Brandon Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Irving Lee

Henderson Walker Frear

Wighton

Bazzas right boot

2-0 us. 

Slightly off topic, I know this is on ppv through East Fife, is the dunfermline game on the bbc? 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2-0 us. 

Slightly off topic, I know this is on ppv through East Fife, is the dunfermline game on the bbc? 

Yes 

Guest ToqueJambo

Think this will be a reserve side similar to Raith Rovers.

Stewart

Brandon Halkett/Haring Berra White

McGill Halliday/Irving

Moore Henderson Frear

Wighton

Edited by ToqueJambo

Back to five subs, could see some reserves get used in the starting lineup, though I wouldn't expect too many changes.  Was thinking Berra might get a start for 45 minutes.  Some players filling in for the internationals. 

4-2-3-1

Stewart

Brandon Halkett berra kingsley

Moore Lee haring white

Naisy

Wighton

Subs: bobbie, popescu for berra, irving, haliday for haring , frear for white, walker for Naisy, henderson for Moore. 

Result, possible draw but hopeing for a win.   Might lose a goal so I will go 4-1. 

Edited by HMFC01

53 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

3G pitch might mean a night off for Haring and Naismith

I hope so, don’t want them injured on a shitey pitch.:mellow:

Maroonblood22

As others have said, i could see Robbie resting a few players tonight. Reckon he'll go with something like the below...

Stewart

Brandon      Halkett       Popescu     Watson / White

Irving      McGill

Moore                 Henderson             Frear

Wighton

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Mickey Mouse cup. Mickey Mouse pitch. Mickey Mouse team. Mickey Mouse scoreline.

2 nil.

We'll win East Fife are Donald Ducked.

The Goalscoring Knee
32 minutes ago, Barack said:

Mickey Mouse cup. Mickey Mouse pitch. Mickey Mouse team. Mickey Mouse scoreline

It'd be nice if we could win the damn thing once in a while!

Us by a couple.

49 minutes ago, Barack said:

Mickey Mouse cup. Mickey Mouse pitch. Mickey Mouse team. Mickey Mouse scoreline.

2 nil.

3 nil hearts, will purchase my seat today.

4 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

3G pitch might mean a night off for Haring and Naismith

Id hope we would be able to see easy fife off without using our best players.

The Old Tolbooth

We always struggle on these types of pitches, I reckon it'll be either a hard fought 1-1 draw, or a very narrow one goal win with a much weakened side. 

I remember reading somewhere that Neilson said it would be a strong side. With that in mind I'm going for:

Stewart

Irving Lee

Frear Walker White

Wighton

2-1 Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I remember reading somewhere that Neilson said it would be a strong side. With that in mind I'm going for:

Stewart

Irving Lee

Frear Walker White

Wighton

2-1 Hearts. 

Is Walker fit again?

Not normally pessimistic  but i confess to being a little worried about this tie. Missing some of our best players due to internationals, dodgy plastic pitch, probably cold foggy night and sometimes teams struggle at East fife..... Early goal me thinks to settle us but probably unlikely with Wighton leading attack

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Is Walker fit again?

If I’m honest Dave I didn’t realise he wasn’t fit. I thought Naismith had been given the nod due to ability more than anything else. In that case we might see Henderson in behind Wighton. 

9 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Team prediction (guess)

Stewart

Irving Lee

Henderson Walker Frear

Wighton

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Think this will be a reserve side similar to Raith Rovers.

Stewart

Brandon Halkett/Haring Berra White

McGill Halliday/Irving

Moore Henderson Frear

Wighton

I think we'll see Berra, McGill, Moore,  Henderson, and Frear. I doubt if Naismith and Haring will be involved , except maybe off the bench in emergency. Walker was carrying an injury I think so maybe won't be risked on the plastic pitch, likewise Roberts and Ginnely. 

43 minutes ago, Mighty jam said:

Not normally pessimistic  but i confess to being a little worried about this tie. Missing some of our best players due to internationals, dodgy plastic pitch, probably cold foggy night and sometimes teams struggle at East fife..... Early goal me thinks to settle us but probably unlikely with Wighton leading attack

I do not think leading Scorer Wighton will be the problem.   Not sure how many chances he created but he gets involved in key moves well enough.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/top-scorers

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=71485

He scored five not four.  Keep up bbc ffs ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

49 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Probably poor game on a poor pitch, 0-0 Hearts win on pens (4-3)

Lottie gets star baker...

she'd have a job doing that my fellow simian - she got papped out last week.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

she'd have a job doing that my fellow simian - she got papped out last week.

Spoiler alert :lol: 

Perhaps controversial but i fully do not give a flying about this competition and i really hope Robbie feels somewhat simliar.

Play the kids. Good experience for them and doesn't risk the first team. We have bigger things to worry about than the League Cup. 

38 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think we'll see Berra, McGill, Moore,  Henderson, and Frear. I doubt if Naismith and Haring will be involved , except maybe off the bench in emergency. Walker was carrying an injury I think so maybe won't be risked on the plastic pitch, likewise Roberts and Ginnely. 

Haring,Walker and Naismith will not be risked on that surface,maybe others too.

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Perhaps controversial but i fully do not give a flying about this competition and i really hope Robbie feels somewhat simliar. We have bigger things to worry about than the League Cup. 

Definitely controversial I'm afraid! Bigger things to worry about? Please don't say we can't simultaneously cope with winning the 2nd Tier and the Betfred Cup with our resources! It's not like we're battling for the Premier title, or battling against relegation, or going on a promising European run. Winning a cup, either of them (preferably both obviously), would be a huge statement after everything that's been thrown at us over the last few months. So more than ever it's important now, although I've always seen it as one of the two trophies we can realistically win each season. Ignore it and you have just one to aim at - why would you do that? It's 58 (FIFTY-EIGHT) years since we won it FFS. That's appalling.

tartofmidlothian

Stewart

Brandon - Halkett - Berra (c) - White

Lee - Halliday - Irving

Frear - Roberts

Wighton

Where Frear and Roberts are playing wider roles, not both tucked in behind Wighton. Armband to Berra as a show of faith, or is Halkett our official VC? 3-1 to us, all different scorers.

3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Stewart

Brandon - Halkett - Berra (c) - White

Lee - Halliday - Irving

Frear - Roberts

Wighton

Where Frear and Roberts are playing wider roles, not both tucked in behind Wighton. Armband to Berra as a show of faith, or is Halkett our official VC? 3-1 to us, all different scorers.

That's actually a good well balanced team.

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Definitely controversial I'm afraid! Bigger things to worry about? Please don't say we can't simultaneously cope with winning the 2nd Tier and the Betfred Cup with our resources! It's not like we're battling for the Premier title, or battling against relegation, or going on a promising European run. Winning a cup, either of them (preferably both obviously), would be a huge statement after everything that's been thrown at us over the last few months. So more than ever it's important now, although I've always seen it as one of the two trophies we can realistically win each season. Ignore it and you have just one to aim at - why would you do that? It's 58 (FIFTY-EIGHT) years since we won it FFS. That's appalling.

Well said.  The only thing I disagree with is that I want to win THREE cups plus the Championship between now and May 2021

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Exactly. This attitude of sacking off the league cup comes from the EPL generation. We're certainly in no position to be turning our nose up at one of only two major cup competitions. 

2 hours ago, ford donald said:

Haring,Walker and Naismith will not be risked on that surface,maybe others too.

Agree plus other first teamers, like Boyce, Kingsley, etc. may not be risked also.  It is East Fife on kuntsgrass, time to let the reserves play.

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:spoton:

It's about time that we won the League Cup.

We have enough to win the Championship & go all out to try to win the 3 other trophies on offer as well 

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Exactly. This attitude of sacking off the league cup comes from the EPL generation. 

It's partly that, but in our case I think it's also a defence mechanism to deal with the fact that we've failed in it for so long. Particularly since 1998, when we've shown that we can win the Scottish Cup, we tell ourselves that's the only one that matters. This is amplified by Hibs managing to win the league cup 3 times since our last success - which obviously leads to it becoming the Mickey Mouse Cup, "wee team wee cup" etc...

You can tell most of us actually care quite a lot though. Half of the 61,000 crowd at the 2018 semi would have been quite keen to see Hearts win the league cup, or those of us who were at the 3-4 final against Rangers in 1996...

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It's partly that, but in our case I think it's also a defence mechanism to deal with the fact that we've failed in it for so long. Particularly since 1998, when we've shown that we can win the Scottish Cup, we tell ourselves that's the only one that matters. This is amplified by Hibs managing to win the league cup 3 times since our last success - which obviously leads to it becoming the Mickey Mouse Cup, "wee team wee cup" etc...

You can tell most of us actually care quite a lot though. Half of the 61,000 crowd at the 2018 semi would have been quite keen to see Hearts win the league cup, or those of us who were at the 3-4 final against Rangers in 1996...

100%

2-3 v St Mirren 😭😭😭😭

Bazzas right boot

A draw would put us through and it looks like a defeat would also likely see us through as group winners. 

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well there is that, but I'd never heard any Hearts fan dismiss it until Arsenal et al started playing reserves in their equivalent.

The Rangers final was an epic, freezing cold in the snow! Neil McCann ran the show, gave every ounce of energy he had  was rightly presented with Coca Colas man of the match and handed a mountain bike...😂

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Weakened side, shite pitch, horrible weather. 

1-1 

Wouldn't surprise me especially if some of the team predictions are correct on here with Frear and Henderson.:jj_facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

It'll probably be a horrible game but we should get the job done fairly comfortably.

From the point of view of qualifying in a seeded position I'm guessing that a win will guarantee it, but having looked at the tables and not having Higher Maths it's difficult to know if one point or two points would be enough.

I've signed up for the broadcast, it would be interesting to know how many subscribers East Fife get. I'm assuming too that being a cup game Hearts will get half of the profit after expenses.