***Official East Fife v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Well there is that, but I'd never heard any Hearts fan dismiss it until Arsenal et al started playing reserves in their equivalent.

The Rangers final was an epic, freezing cold in the snow! Neil McCann ran the show, gave every ounce of energy he had  was rightly presented with Coca Colas man of the match and handed a mountain bike...😂

Probably a mixture of all the things we've mentioned. Certainly, the big guns in the EPL have frequently not shown any respect to the "world-renowned" FA Cup itself, so what chance does their league cup have! 

McCann was so good in the 4-3 game. When Robbo made it 2-2 it seemed we might just be destined to end the trophy drought - instead it just set the stage for 1998. Other abiding memory is "Don't Look Back In Anger" being played at half time (chorus belted out by both ends of the stadium)... How very Nineties.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

• sadj

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Probably a mixture of all the things we've mentioned. Certainly, the big guns in the EPL have frequently not shown any respect to the "world-renowned" FA Cup itself, so what chance does their league cup have! 

McCann was so good in the 4-3 game. When Robbo made it 2-2 it seemed we might just be destined to end the trophy drought - instead it just set the stage for 1998. Other abiding memory is "Don't Look Back In Anger" being played at half time (chorus belted out by both ends of the stadium)... How very Nineties.

Iirc were Man U allowed to skip a tournament or a round of the FA cup? Although that said I'm sure Wigan were the last small team to win it? Not the that up on English football watch it if it's on and a bit match of day now and again.

I've heard JJ say it was the game that gave them the belief they could beat Rangers and so it proved. Robbo was fouled for their winner and I remember going nuts about it  slipped and fell on my chorus and my brand new adidas shell toes getting wrecked in the bedlam of the equaliser.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Agree plus other first teamers, like Boyce, Kingsley, etc. may not be risked also.  It is East Fife on kuntsgrass, time to let the reserves play.

Harsh.

I hope you meant Kunstrasen.

Stewart 

Brandon Halkett Berra White 

Irving Lee Halliday

Wighton Naismith Henderson

I do still think they will play a strong team. They'll want goals to try and guarantee a seeded draw - albeit you'd think 12 points would be enough on its own. End of the day 2 games away from another semi final you would fancy our chances if we can make the draw work in our favour. 

Naismith will get fifty odd minutes and come off, pitch aside he managed a full 90 at Hamilton so I can still see him starting and coming off towards the end. 

Berra will start also and Kingsley/pop might get a rest. 

Stewart

Brandon Halkett Berra Kingsley

Irving Halliday

Frear Lee White

Wighton

3-0 to Hearts.

been here before

Wighton to rain down rivets of fire and fury upon the hapless Fifers consuming all those who dare defy him.

1-0 East Fife.

Edited by been here before

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I do not think leading Scorer Wighton will be the problem.   Not sure how many chances he created but he gets involved in key moves well enough.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/top-scorers

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=71485

He scored five not four.  Keep up bbc ffs ☺ 

I think the BBC is treating the Scottish Cup as last season's tournament when it comes to goals, etc, which it is strictly speaking. Such a farce, but not complaining now we're in the final.

36 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

They'll want goals to try and guarantee a seeded draw - albeit you'd think 12 points would be enough on its own.

At the moment 6 groups could have a winner on 12 points. Looking at the teams left I suspect it will likely end up with 4 group winners on 12 points and if St Johnstone beat Dundee United this evening then 5 teams and seeding would come down to goal difference.

If St Johnstone fail to beat Dundee United later today then 3 points tonight should be good enough to be seeded. If not then we will potentially have to beat East Fife by a greater margin than Hibs beat Dundee (Hibs will also know exactly what they need to do going in to that match).

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

PayPal only, why? 

Ffs. 

I paid with DC. The website seems to push you toward  Paypal but if you persevere you get to the CC/DC link

50 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Certainly would like to see the boy McGill get more game time.  Quite impressed with him

Me too. Looks a quality prospect. 

Niemi’s gloves

Does anyone know if Cammy Logan trains with the first team and/or meets the testing protocols? Maybe deserves a place in the squad for tonight after the farce of Scotland U-19s aborted games last month.

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

_____________Stewart

_____Halkett__Haring__Kingsley

Brandon__McGill__Irving__White

___Roberts__Wighton__Frear

I liked the look of McGill need to see a bit more of him tho but looks like he could be good prospect 🤞

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm hoping that playing on the same pitch against Cowdenbeath will help us though it could be a different team. 

This was the Cowdenbeath team 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/match-report-cowdenbeath-x-x-hearts

Sorry might be missing something and apologies if so but,

what relevance does the Cowdenbeath team have to tonight's game?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

PayPal only, why? 

Ffs. 

Thought the same but you just crack on and then you can click the pay by card drop down.   Was very straightforward.

Stewart 

Brandon

Popescu 

Berra

White

McGill

Irving

Frear

Henderson

Moore

Wighton 

subs: Zlamal, Haring, Naismith and some weans 

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

I'm saying the players who played Cowdenbeath have experience of tonight's pitch. Which could help. 

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

It was played at Methil?

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I'm saying the players who played Cowdenbeath have experience of tonight's pitch. Which could help. 

Ah got you.

So not the Cowdenbeath team , but the team v Cowdenbeath

Cheers 👍

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I believe if we win tonight, we win the group? I've not seen the group table.

Think a point would do, but then screws the chance of being seeded.

16 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Thought the same but you just crack on and then you can click the pay by card drop down.   Was very straightforward.

they have sent an email out saying if you paid by card its not working and has to go through paypal, id check your emails 

Unfortunately no Hearts TV coverage tonight at all, no working facilities for us to use at the stadium. Out of our control unfortunately, but I know many of you will have taken up the PPV option so fingers crossed that all goes well.

If it's of any interest, maybe for some pre match reading, here's my never to be used prep for the game. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrxq1g4fcgnccuk/East Fife BETFRED CUP match prep 10th November 2020.pdf?dl=0

42 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Does anyone know if Cammy Logan trains with the first team and/or meets the testing protocols? Maybe deserves a place in the squad for tonight after the farce of Scotland U-19s aborted games last month.

Yes he does 

I was thinking that Stewart playing, with Doyle back in January Zlamal could go on loan or be sold. The rule on only be able to play for 2 clubs in a season. 

4-4-2?

Henderson       Wighton

Frear      Irving          McGill          Lee

White      Berra          Popescu      Brandon

Stewart