“Hearts pay to beat us”

j1964m

7 hours ago, Anything2 said:

It's when they start all the "they ripped off Lithuanian/Bosnian pensioners and used it to fund 5-1" chat that gets me. Especially when we were punished with a transfer embargo and a 15 point deduction, had it been either or we would have survived relegation. Given the recent history of Scottish football, it has to retrospectively be judged as extremely harsh, even vindictive. Hibs, Killie, Dundee United and Aberdeen all had debt written off by I think RBS (which is genuinely taxpayers money) with no punishment, Motherwell still owe players money but no punishment, Rangers despite their protestations were not punished but rather generously allowed back into the league, and Dundee eventually got a points deduction for the second or third bankruptcy. So even though we were undeniably in a mess, we seem to be the only club that has actually taken it on the chin and done the proper thing. 

Hearts treated differently by the authorities, wow, that's a surprise, isn't it. (Note the absence of a question mark).

It is a classic and much understated example of this unusual phenomena.  

Question:  Do you really think Hearts were the dirtiest team for all those years we had more bookings and red cards than anybody else?  Only possibly if you never watched a game.  The ease with which the cards come out when it's Hearts, while the other team gets the benefit of the "doubt."

WHY?  Because Hearts have greater potential to be serious challengers to the Bigot Brothers.  Aberdeen are simply also rans, the best of the rest but Hearts could be real challengers.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• martoon

• leginten

• Rods

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They don’t seem to realise that no FOH money has been used on player wages or fees. Maybe indirectly it will benefit our squad ie hospitality at our unfinished stadium which in the seasons to come will increase our turnover. Once the main stand is truly complete the gulf between ourselves & Hibs financially will be vast. 

26 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

They don’t seem to realise that no FOH money has been used on player wages or fees. Maybe indirectly it will benefit our squad ie hospitality at our unfinished stadium which in the seasons to come will increase our turnover. Once the main stand is truly complete the gulf between ourselves & Hibs financially will be vast. 

TBH I think you are overplaying the “unfinished stadium” line.

The spectator areas, skyline lounge, 3 hospitality areas, club shop, fans bar, changing rooms, TV studio and press centre are all complete and fully functional.

The area to be fitted out is the second floor which is excess space in terms of hospitality requirements.

The current stadium is already benefiting us financially - not withstanding the virus effect - and as you say is the envy of the wee team! 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Their record isn't great but would be surprised if its the worst.

I wouldn't. I think there have been some threads trying to find worst derby records between teams of a similar stature in the same city that play each other so frequently, but no-one's yet come up with a worse record.

SomethingAboutObua
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are we not in a way part-owners of Riccarton as we paid almost half of the construction costs? Not sure how it's structured but it's not as simple as we just rent it from them. 

I wa swondering too so had a quick look. We didn't pay towards the build, but we are the main contract and custodians of the facilities. The funding was from the Scottish government (the main funder), sportscotland and then 8million made up by Heriot Watt and Edinburgh Council. Then there are partners who lease it include the SRU, SFA, us and sportscotland's individual member associations (basketballscotland, netballscotland etcetc) 

Hearts are the main contract and are custodians of the facility because of the academy, and we're assisted by the SFA as custodians because it's now the national team's base as well. 

letsalllaughathobos

Funny they keep saying "I treat it like any other game" "they want it more" blah blah blah, all week before the semi all I got from every hibs fan was how they where going to put us in our place, destroy us, how great they are,

I sat back and said nothing apart from I've heard that too many times from you guys, 

Halfwits 

Montgomery Brewster
19 hours ago, DH1986 said:

We’ll get that money back from the final.

So we basically haven’t spent a rusty bolt to beat them. 

Prize money is poor for the winners.

60k last year and we got 30k for runners up. No crowd receipts this year so alas not a money spinner.

however we are there and should see club shop sales boost in run up to Xmas.

FTH

Montgomery Brewster
9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Hearts treated differently by the authorities, wow, that's a surprise, isn't it. (Note the absence of a question mark).

It is a classic and much understated example of this unusual phenomena.  

Question:  Do you really think Hearts were the dirtiest team for all those years we had more bookings and red cards than anybody else?  Only possibly if you never watched a game.  The ease with which the cards come out when it's Hearts, while the other team gets the benefit of the "doubt."

WHY?  Because Hearts have greater potential to be serious challengers to the Bigot Brothers.  Aberdeen are simply also rans, the best of the rest but Hearts could be real challengers.

This 

13 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Prize money is poor for the winners.

60k last year and we got 30k for runners up. No crowd receipts this year so alas not a money spinner.

however we are there and should see club shop sales boost in run up to Xmas.

FTH

It’s a good point.  It may have went unnoticed, but there would’ve been boosted sales before the semi.  I know myself and my crew still went and bought a top or something Hearts related as per tradition before a big game.  I’m sure there were plenty others who kept up the trend.  

It’s the spin-off benefits of doing well in the cups.  👍🏻

Montgomery Brewster
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s a good point.  It may have went unnoticed, but there would’ve been boosted sales before the semi.  I know myself and my crew still went and bought a top or something Hearts related as per tradition before a big game.  I’m sure there were plenty others who kept up the trend.  

It’s the spin-off benefits of doing well in the cups.  👍🏻

💰

5 hours ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Funny they keep saying "I treat it like any other game" "they want it more" blah blah blah, all week before the semi all I got from every hibs fan was how they where going to put us in our place, destroy us, how great they are,

I sat back and said nothing apart from I've heard that too many times from you guys, 

Halfwits 

calling hobos halfwits

is an insult to halfwits 😉

13 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Some of the SMG money (£4m?) was meant to be ringfenced but Robinson spunked it on transfer fees and wages. As a result we could only go into the partnership as tenants. I am sure others will have more detail. 

Things can change over time. But we were also a key partner in the application to become the National Performance Centre (beating Stirling). A top professional football club being based at Oriam was seen to be a key advantage in the bid.

We may only just be 'tenants' but in practice we are a bit more than that. 

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Some of the SMG money (£4m?) was meant to be ringfenced but Robinson spunked it on transfer fees and wages. As a result we could only go into the partnership as tenants. I am sure others will have more detail. 

As much as I hated Robinson and the state he got us into he didn’t spunk the money anymore that Budge has over the last 6 years, that’s on Jeffries who signed a lot of players and continually gave others new contracts for $ome r€£son. 

Im sure we did contribute some money back in the day to the initial building of facilities. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

calling hobos halfwits

is an insult to halfwits 😉

I’ve always found the saying “daft hibbies” to be an adequate term when I’m feeling generous towards them. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

As much as I hated Robinson and the state he got us into he didn’t spunk the money anymore that Budge has over the last 6 years, that’s on Jeffries who signed a lot of players and continually gave others new contracts for $ome r€£son. 

Im sure we did contribute some money back in the day to the initial building of facilities. 

The difference is that under Robinson it was a loan that we had to pay back and this was part of the reason he wanted to sell Tynie as the debt was due to be called in. IIRC one of the first things Romanov did was to clear that debt. 

The money wasted under Dr Budge has been huge but isnt due to be paid back to a third party. 

Hagar the Horrible

Yes we started training early so we can be better prepared for the Semi and not be further disadvantaged. However we had to halt that due to complaints, which halted our prep for the season and the semi, coz big bad Hearts have an unfair advantage of having more money and better players!  Its just not fair!

Yes we put money into FoH and have JA and yes we should be up in the top flight, but we would have hit the ground running had we stayed up, but as we were voted down, we have been put back a couple of years on our development, However Covid has just scored a last minute equaliser as we have not fallen financially as far back as it was their intensions.  When we are back up, we will be in a healthier state than most.

We put more money into FoH because of the injustice, just think how much we will donate if we are successful?

For me no fans at the cup final is not an issue, we need to donate the ticket price to Hearts, that way celtic and the SFA dont get a cut

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The difference is that under Robinson it was a loan that we had to pay back and this was part of the reason he wanted to sell Tynie as the debt was due to be called in. IIRC one of the first things Romanov did was to clear that debt. 

The money wasted under Dr Budge has been huge but isnt due to be paid back to a third party. 

Was it not £4m and a further £4m loan? It’s just our FoH money and donations from our benefactors that’s been wasted. Again though that money was wasted by Jeffries and Levein who both signed many players with incentives added. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yes we started training early so we can be better prepared for the Semi and not be further disadvantaged. However we had to halt that due to complaints, which halted our prep for the season and the semi, coz big bad Hearts have an unfair advantage of having more money and better players!  Its just not fair!

Yes we put money into FoH and have JA and yes we should be up in the top flight, but we would have hit the ground running had we stayed up, but as we were voted down, we have been put back a couple of years on our development, However Covid has just scored a last minute equaliser as we have not fallen financially as far back as it was their intensions.  When we are back up, we will be in a healthier state than most.

We put more money into FoH because of the injustice, just think how much we will donate if we are successful?

For me no fans at the cup final is not an issue, we need to donate the ticket price to Hearts, that way celtic and the SFA dont get a cut

Spot on. Now we just need a vehicle to do so. Over to JKB or FoH. 

On 04/11/2020 at 05:44, leginten said:

That cesspit of a forum is full of threads about how they were cheated by the officials, kicked off the park by a team that committed fewer fouls than they did, were outspent etc.

On the field they’re a fifth-rate imitation of their parent club in Glasgow, but by God they’ve perfected the ethos.

I really like that. :thumb:

14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

TBH I think you are overplaying the “unfinished stadium” line.

The spectator areas, skyline lounge, 3 hospitality areas, club shop, fans bar, changing rooms, TV studio and press centre are all complete and fully functional.

The area to be fitted out is the second floor which is excess space in terms of hospitality requirements.

The current stadium is already benefiting us financially - not withstanding the virus effect - and as you say is the envy of the wee team! 👍

Sorry not overplaying the unfinished stadium, at this minute it’s a fact. We have a whole second floor of the main stand that if the plans are in anyway in line with the rest of it, will contribute to Hearts non match day revenue. 

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I wouldn't. I think there have been some threads trying to find worst derby records between teams of a similar stature in the same city that play each other so frequently, but no-one's yet come up with a worse record.

Beaucharest i'm sure is the only derby with a more one sided win-rate.

Carl Fredrickson
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was it not £4m and a further £4m loan? It’s just our FoH money and donations from our benefactors that’s been wasted. Again though that money was wasted by Jeffries and Levein who both signed many players with incentives added. 

IIRC correctly (and I could be way off the mark) it was £4m investment in shares of Hearts and a £4m loan. There is something niggling at me that the investment could be withdrawn and the total we would be due back to SMG was £8m. Robinson didnt expect SMG to ask for the investment back and that was why we had to sell Tynie. 

I am not disputing that money has been wasted since but the recent wastage hastnt put Tynecastle or the club at risk. Every club will waste money - I cant think of any in the top leagues of England or Scotland that hasnt. I think our recent issue is that too much trust was placed in one person who had too much control over the whole football side of things. 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

37 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I really like that. :thumb:

:food-smiley-004:

Cheers, ML. Hope you’re surviving the madness across the border from you.

Can someone explain the whole cheating thing to me? What an earth is wrong with them :rofl:

They obsess about us cheating and have been saying it for how long I don't know. Complete desperation and delusion as usual. The three big Hampden semis/finals have all been cheated and therefore don't count, that is literally their argument :lol:

32 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

IIRC correctly (and I could be way off the mark) it was £4m investment in shares of Hearts and a £4m loan. There is something niggling at me that the investment could be withdrawn and the total we would be due back to SMG was £8m. Robinson didnt expect SMG to ask for the investment back and that was why we had to sell Tynie. 

I am not disputing that money has been wasted since but the recent wastage hastnt put Tynecastle or the club at risk. Every club will waste money - I cant think of any in the top leagues of England or Scotland that hasnt. I think our recent issue is that too much trust was placed in one person who had too much control over the whole football side of things. 

Again from memory it was £4 million in shares and £4 million in a convertible loan stock.

Obviously Mr Robinson expected  SMG to convert their loan into further shares, however they decided not to convert their loan into shares and we were obliged then to repay them the £4 million. 

I also have a feeling that Leslie Deans was not happy with the convertible loan part of the deal and that may have lead to their falling out.

On 04/11/2020 at 10:36, hmfc1984 said:

Other than their OP they all know the score 

Screenshot_20201104_102808_com.android.chrome.jpg

Falconhoof and ahibby are hilarious in their delusion and idiocy....

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Another one whose shoe size is higher than their IQ.

Forgot him , yup broondog belongs with the two above. Roasters mate roasters , At least he spelt Alan Smith correctly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by sadj

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robinson was fully to blame.  You've obviously no idea the conditions he was putting JJ under.

The reason we ended up with Petric was that JJ was ordered to make a 500k signing by the end of the week.  Robinson sitting in front of his "Robinson £8Million" Hearts jersey in his office.  JJ told him he wanted time to shop.  Vlad was a nightmare to work under obviously but Robinson was just as bad as far as ego etc.  Jim was advising against deals Robinson was pushing through (like Petric was a decent target, but not at that price or wage).  Misconception that JJ spunked money - he was pushed to buy when he didn't want to.

This from the same chairman in 1998 who wouldn't let JJ spend something like £300k to bring in a body to help a genuine tilt at the title.  He got £75k which he spent on Makel.

43 minutes ago, sadj said:

Forgot him , yup broondog belongs with the two above. Roasters mate roasters , At least he spelt Alan Smith correctly 🤷🏻‍♂️

:rofl:

To be fair, I thought Alan Smith put in a decent shift on Saturday, despite being 41 and never having played for us.

2 hours ago, leginten said:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?349060-Hearts-pay-to-beat-us!!&p=6347689#post6347689

broondog’s post.

:rofl:

He’s being helped into his straitjacket as we speak.

He's absolutely lost it!!!

"they paid to beat us, that's all it was about for them and without a doubt they broke rules" 

- Would love to know what rules we broke by bringing our players off furlough early. 

"we are at no threat of going under"

- Yes you ****ing are. 

"their overspending despite being relegated warrants discussion and equates to cheating" 

- Selling Hickey, Ikpeazu, Clare, Washington and getting them off the payroll, and Paterson's sell-on, will have boosted our budget quite significantly I would imagine. 

"tell me how they managed to afford probably the best keeper in the country, he must be on crazy wages!" 

- Because he's a Jambo, he wanted to stay in Scotland, and we were the best option available to him outside Celtic. I highly doubt he is on anything near "crazy" wages, and can say with about 99.9% confidence that he'll be on significantly less than £5k per week. 

"they have also held onto high wage international players like Boyce, alan smith, naismith." 

- Alan Smith lol. Also won't be on "crazy" wages.

"how many signings have they made as well? I want to say at least 7 or 8 without losing many players."

- 8 is correct, but no fewer than 18 players have been sold, loaned or released.

"they are breaking fifa financial rules by spending much more than they are bringing in so expect them to be sanctioned for that"

- Thats the best one :rofl:

Edited by Batistuta87

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's absolutely lost it!!!

"they paid to beat us, that's all it was about for them and without a doubt they broke rules" 

- Would love to know what rules we broke by bringing our players off furlough early. 

"we are at no threat of going under"

- Yes you ****ing are. 

"their overspending despite being relegated warrants discussion and equates to cheating" 

- Selling Hickey, Ikpeazu, Clare, Washington and getting them off the payroll, and Paterson's sell-on, will have boosted our budget quite significantly I would imagine. 

"tell me how they managed to afford probably the best keeper in the country, he must be on crazy wages!" 

- Because he's a Jambo, he wanted to stay in Scotland, and we were the best option available to him outside Celtic. I highly doubt he is on anything near "crazy" wages, and can say with about 99.9% confidence that he'll be on significantly less than £5k per week. 

"they have also held onto high wage international players like Boyce, alan smith, naismith." 

- Alan Smith lol. Also won't be on "crazy" wages.

"how many signings have they made as well? I want to say at least 7 or 8 without losing many players."

- 8 is correct, but no fewer than 18 players have been sold, loaned or released.

"they are breaking fifa financial rules by spending much more than they are bringing in so expect them to be sanctioned for that"

- Thats the best one :rofl:

What he and many others seem to miss is they paid off staff and still signed a big wages player. IF we are cheating they are lower than a snakes belly for doing that.

13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What he and many others seem to miss is they paid off staff and still signed a big wages player. IF we are cheating they are lower than a snakes belly for doing that.

An undercover agent should politely ask. Have the deferred wages been paid back?

How did your own wage cuts go?

How many of the staff let go have been re-hired on the same pay and conditions?

30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

To be fair we HAVE paid to beat them. Every time I go to Easter Road it costs me 2 x £38 (or something like that). Yup, WE pay THEM to beat them.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Robinson was fully to blame.  You've obviously no idea the conditions he was putting JJ under.

The reason we ended up with Petric was that JJ was ordered to make a 500k signing by the end of the week.  Robinson sitting in front of his "Robinson £8Million" Hearts jersey in his office.  JJ told him he wanted time to shop.  Vlad was a nightmare to work under obviously but Robinson was just as bad as far as ego etc.  Jim was advising against deals Robinson was pushing through (like Petric was a decent target, but not at that price or wage).  Misconception that JJ spunked money - he was pushed to buy when he didn't want to.

This from the same chairman in 1998 who wouldn't let JJ spend something like £300k to bring in a body to help a genuine tilt at the title.  He got £75k which he spent on Makel.

Correct! JJ’s overall transfer dealings made a big profit for Hearts - Niemi, Cameron, McCann, Weir......

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I wa swondering too so had a quick look. We didn't pay towards the build, but we are the main contract and custodians of the facilities. The funding was from the Scottish government (the main funder), sportscotland and then 8million made up by Heriot Watt and Edinburgh Council. Then there are partners who lease it include the SRU, SFA, us and sportscotland's individual member associations (basketballscotland, netballscotland etcetc) 

Hearts are the main contract and are custodians of the facility because of the academy, and we're assisted by the SFA as custodians because it's now the national team's base as well. 

I’m sure we paid nearly £3m towards the build. 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

It's the way Hibs fans treat FoH and benefactor funds as "extra" that's so weird. It's not extra money that is somehow keeping us afloat. It's part of our business strategy and we take it into account when budgeting. Benefactor money doesn't just appear like magic. Budge has had to nurture relationships and sell her vision for the club to these people. Same with FoH.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

To be fair we HAVE paid to beat them. Every time I go to Easter Road it costs me 2 x £38 (or something like that). Yup, WE pay THEM to beat them.

We've certainly had our money's worth over the years.

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's the way Hibs fans treat FoH and benefactor funds as "extra" that's so weird. It's not extra money that is somehow keeping us afloat. It's part of our business strategy and we take it into account when budgeting. Benefactor money doesn't just appear like magic. Budge has had to nurture relationships and sell her vision for the club to these people. Same with FoH.

Them and Aberdeen.

We made a mess of this previously but we have another chance to get it right.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Them and Aberdeen.

We made a mess of this previously but we have another chance to get it right.

Despite both of them copying our model. Aberdeen in particular quoted us in their business strategy as a club to emulate.

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Despite both of them copying our model. Aberdeen in particular quoted us in their business strategy as a club to emulate.

Both of then knew well fine we were better equipped to cope with the pandemic. Hence their change of mind when it came to the voting.  Hibs have bumped their Academy and Aberdeen have bumped thier stadium. Once we are back in the premier league we just need to get it right on the park as we are miles ahead of both with club structures in place.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Both of then knew well fine we were better equipped to cope with the pandemic. Hence their change of mind when it came to the voting.  Hibs have bumped their Academy and Aberdeen have bumped thier stadium. Once we are back in the premier league we just need to get it right on the park as we are miles ahead of both with club structures in place.

Both those teams have had as bad, if not, worse seasons in the not so distant past. And they at least got to finish their seasons. They know full well it could have been either of them in our position.

My recollection of the Riccarton deal is that the original plan for it to be a joint venture with HW was scuppered as it came to light that the Treasury had ultimate ownership of the land as it had been purchased with public funds. Therefore any building on the site regardless of who paid to build it would be public property. The only solution was for HW to own it and Hearts to lease it. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I think that’s pretty much spot on. 
I think there’s similarities with Robinson and Budge in that although successful business people they knew nothing about football. They both trusted men who spent a lot of money, Jeffries signings just about evened out though sales wise. 
You could say the same about many owners, somebody has to be in charge of the football side. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I didn’t know that, certainly wasn’t in Jeffries book. Robinson stopped him paying £1m for McCulloch did he not? 
Jeffries always wanted more players, the 98-99 squad was enormous for example and I have ideas why but my posts get removed when I spell them out. 
He did break even though, unlike Levein. 
Robinson was clueless though no doubt about that.