Roberts

JamboBoy

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Snp /England  hating? Have you gone back in time 40yrs?

Read the thread I’ve acknowledged it was silly to label any politics party, but what I’m talking about is a cultural pattern of singling out and increased abuse directed at English players when they make a mistake or don’t have a good game. It’s an opinion and I am entitled to it. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboBoy

• Auldbenches

• A_A wehatethehibs

• 1971fozzy

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are he nearly always got the ball when there was a Hibs player in front of him and very rarely (if at all) was the ball put in the space behind so he never really got the chance to get up to pace, you dont want to give the ball away in a game like that so back it goes. Both teams defending made the pitch look small so not an easy one for a pacey winger to look good in, does need to practice wrong footing a defender and getting past him though.

Roberts was poor on Saturday as was Jamie Walker. When they went off it improved us but saying that a player shouldnt celebrate a big cup win with their team because they played poorly is ridiculous.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Didn't rate him at Caley and doesn't seem to have improved much. 

Awful on Saturday but suspect he has enough to help this season,  probably 1 season and moved on,  unless there is a big improvement 

Brighton Jambo

What a horrendous OP.  I will say however he didn’t look fit to me and we may have hurried him back as Ginnelly and Frear were out.

He’s still fully entitled to celebrate though! 

29 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Why haven't the mods deleted this shit yet?

To remind everyone what shit the OP comes out with 😂

Ainsley Harriott
36 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Roberts was poor on Saturday as was Jamie Walker. When they went off it improved us but saying that a player shouldnt celebrate a big cup win with their team because they played poorly is ridiculous.

Exactly this. Was he supposed to go sit in the team coach whilst the rest celebrated 

A_A wehatethehibs
43 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

You are entitled to a opinion, just as i am entitled to mine. My opinion is that your opinion is bollocks

So we have the same opinion then...

16 hours ago, JamboBoy said:

Watched Smith’s Instagram and could not believe what I saw with Roberts. The guy was absolutely atrocious and yet there he was giving it some! He gave the ball away so many times it was incredible. He never tracked back or stuck a leg in. Robbie etc need to get stuck in about him so he knows what is expected and needed from him. Maybe show him  the effort and commitment shown by many others and in particular Naismith and Haring when they came on. Watch and learn must be the way forward or else bye bye sorry!

Yeah you're right, I don't think we should harness an all for one, one for all mentality either.  He should ostracised.  How dare he celebrate - sit and watch the rest of them celebrate.  Oh and Halliday, you can celebrate moderately, maybe sing but not dance.  Boyce, you can sing, dance but not hug.  Craigy, here's a reacharound.  Lads, watch and learn as I trombone the man of the match.

As it was, you can see he has a great first touch, and good pace, raw materials to work with.  He basically made incorrect passing options more than once.  He didn't once get a chance of a run at their fullback either, really, which I don't think was his fault.

It was a 5/6 out of 10.  No lack of effort, just on his heels a bit at times.  Who knows, 10 games in to the season, like Hibs, may have seen him look different.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah you're right, I don't think we should harness an all for one, one for all mentality either.  He should ostracised.  How dare he celebrate - sit and watch the rest of them celebrate.  Oh and Halliday, you can celebrate moderately, maybe sing but not dance.  Boyce, you can sing, dance but not hug.  Craigy, here's a reacharound.  Lads, watch and learn as I trombone the man of the match.

As it was, you can see he has a great first touch, and good pace, raw materials to work with.  He basically made incorrect passing options more than once.  He didn't once get a chance of a run at their fullback either, really, which I don't think was his fault.

It was a 5/6 out of 10.  No lack of effort, just on his heels a bit at times.  Who knows, 10 games in to the season, like Hibs, may have seen him look different.

This seems a very fair, balanced assessment of one of our new players and is quite out of place on Kickback.

Takeshi kovac

I was pure raging like , this guy is jumping about as if we had just beat our rivals in a cup semi 😡

Takes me back to 98 when wee Robbo lifted the cup all emotional ffs you didn't even play 🤬

35 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

This seems a very fair, balanced assessment of one of our new players and is quite out of place on Kickback.

The trombone bit??

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yeah, and funnily enough he isnt white

Meaning??

Remember that time Roberts tracked back and tackled that Hibs player in the semi final?  Knew what shirt he was wearing that day! 

Honestly some of the posts but not outdoing the OP are preposterous!  I am liking some posts pointing out his passing was off(not the only one), he got caught out once or twice, (not the only one).  To say he needs reminded is crazy talk.  Watch the first half again.   He got stuck in more than some other players!

Preposterous!

Edited by HMFC01

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Remember that time Roberts tracked back and tackled that Hibs player in the semi final?  Knew what shirt he was wearing that day! 

Honestly some of the posts but not outdoing the OP are preposterous!  I am liking some posts pointing out his passing was off(not the only one), he got caught out once or twice, (not the only one).  To say he needs reminded is crazy talk.  Watch the first half again.   He got stuck in more than some other players!

Preposterous!

I'd need to rewatch (and I just might!!) but I remember thinking maybe after 15 mins what a brilliant first touch he had - couple of times the ball really fizzed at him and he dropped it dead.  He made space for a couple of (tame) shots too.

Again, from anxious memory, but I would suggest if he had more options, his passing may have been better too.  I'm not sure Halliday and Lee, maybe Walker too offered much of an outball.  Fair play, a lot of that to do with a good second half to the first half by Hibs.  That's not to say he did well, he was average at very best, just that not all 11 will be on it.

Aidy White has had merited plaudits - watch again - I'll bet his possession stats and challenge win rate were lower.  I was despairing at him a good couple of times when I thought he lost us possession quite needlessly.  Not a go at Aidy, quite the opposite, just pointing out really.

Champ defences ain't gonna enjoy Roberts and Ginnelly that's for sure.  Whether either are for us long term, well we'll see.

I've not re-watched the whole game yet, I got interrupted, only saw about first 30 minutes.   So I  can't comment on Aidy, I'll post on his thread if I see something :D  worth pointing out.  To be fair I never thought about Roberts first touch, I'll re-start the recording watch from the start again.

This is one of the worst threads I've seen. Even worse it comes after emptying Hibs at Hampden again which said player was a part of. Maybe didn't have the best game but he's part of the team and we win and lose together. He's probably still getting up to fitness, knowing his team mates and settling in. Looks like he has the raw materials to be decent. 

The OP is so honking I'm sure I can smell it reeking from the distant server that holds KB.

Getting annoyed by Roberts celebrating is just weird and baffling no matter how he played.

I fear for the health of the OP when he see's the latest Hearts Media content.

They have somehow managed to squeeze Roberts in on two peices of first half action. 

Jamboscanbevicius

I like Roberts. He’s strong, quick and a handful for defenders. Needs a bit more focus and consistency in his final ball but he’ll make a good contribution over the course of this season! 

56 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Figure it out ffs

Just so I’ve got this right - your claiming anybody criticising Robert’s performance is a racist?

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Certainly not, but it definitely seems to be black players that get the majority of stick from people on here. 

He wasn't the only player to play badly but yet he gets singled out for hatred. 

What complete and utter shite.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

What complete and utter shite.

Correct!

2 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Certainly not, but it definitely seems to be black players that get the majority of stick from people on here. 

He wasn't the only player to play badly but yet he gets singled out for hatred. 

So they are not racist but they give players the majority of stick because they are black - FFS make yer mind up!

Bazzas right boot

The guy was shite on Saturday but was Good v Dundee. 

Give him more of a chance, most guys at this level will have good and bad games. 

He was really bad tho. 

I always think if you're having a bad game, just defend well and if you get the ball play it simple a few times, get your confidence back but he seemed to get worse and worse, iirc after his two terrible passes that almost cost a goal he then tried a daft back heal thing that sent them way again at the halfway line. 

Just seen the op, what a slaver carpet bombing. 

The guy can celebrate a victory ffs. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

10 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

absolutely. He's only been here for 5 minutes for crying out loud Whether or not he played well why the hell shouldn't he celebrate a great win. People would be moaning if he was sat quietly in the corner. 

It's being said this group have a very strong bond and  great morale and the dressing room celebrations seem to confirm that.

• cosanostra locked this topic