Roberts

JamboBoy

Watched Smith’s Instagram and could not believe what I saw with Roberts. The guy was absolutely atrocious and yet there he was giving it some! He gave the ball away so many times it was incredible. He never tracked back or stuck a leg in. Robbie etc need to get stuck in about him so he knows what is expected and needed from him. Maybe show him  the effort and commitment shown by many others and in particular Naismith and Haring when they came on. Watch and learn must be the way forward or else bye bye sorry!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboBoy

• Auldbenches

• A_A wehatethehibs

• 1971fozzy

Top Posters In This Topic

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Found this seasons boo boy then. 

Yep. I bet he's 'lazy' too.

I thought he was OK in parts, perhaps a bit bypassed by the pace/ferocity of a Derby, but he'll be fine. He's a big fizzicul laddie, and will settle into things just fine.

5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

What a weird op.  So only players who have had a good game should celebrate a win?  

Thought the same. Bizarre that after a result like that we have people sitting and getting pissed off at us celebrating 🤷🏻‍♂️

What a weird op.  So only players who have had a good game should celebrate a win?  

No of course not but his total lack of self awareness of his appalling performance speaks volumes as to what sort of character he is. 

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Thought the same. Bizarre that after a result like that we have people sitting and getting pissed off at us celebrating 🤷🏻‍♂️

That must be the most fickle moan on here ever.  

AlphonseCapone

Utterly horrendous OP. Cheer the **** up we've just beat Hibs in another cup game at Hampden. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, JamboBoy said:

No of course not but his total lack of self awareness of his appalling performance speaks volumes as to what sort of character he is. 

Your lack of self awareness at how utterly shite a thread this is speaks volumes as to the sort of character you are. 

“Win as a team, lose as a team”. Might not have had his best game but still played his part. Sometimes feel we don’t deserve to have good players with how quick we are to criticise our own. 

1 minute ago, JamboBoy said:

👀

10 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Found this seasons boo boy then. 

Absolutely not. Just making the point that he needs to be read the  riot act by management so he does not become that!

Just now, JamboBoy said:

Does that not show how much he cares?  Didn't play well and completely loses it because him and his teammates have beaten Hibs.  He'll probably feel shite this morning though, so don't worry.  He'll learn from this...

Just now, frasermck11 said:

“Win as a team, lose as a team”. Might not have had his best game but still played his part. Sometimes feel we don’t deserve to have good players with how quick we are to criticise our own. 

Sorry but he played no part whatsoever. That is the point. He was appalling

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Does that not show how much he cares?  Didn't play well and completely loses it because him and his teammates have beaten Hibs.  He'll probably feel shite this morning though, so don't worry.  He'll learn from this...

Believe you me I really hope he does!

Absolutely not. Just making the point that he needs to be read the  riot act by management so he does not become that!

So you would rather have seen a video of the team celebrating while Robbie and lee McCullough give him a hard time?  

So you would rather have seen a video of the team celebrating while Robbie and lee McCullough give him a hard time?  

Never said that at all so please stop manipulating my message. 

Haringshairband
23 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Watched Smith’s Instagram and could not believe what I saw with Roberts. The guy was absolutely atrocious and yet there he was giving it some! He gave the ball away so many times it was incredible. He never tracked back or stuck a leg in. Robbie etc need to get stuck in about him so he knows what is expected and needed from him. Maybe show him  the effort and commitment shown by many others and in particular Naismith and Haring when they came on. Watch and learn must be the way forward or else bye bye sorry!

Guess you're not familiar with being part of a team? Did you expect him to sit in the corner giving himself a kicking?

25 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

His performance wasn’t half as bad as this thread. Well done...

3 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Never said that at all so please stop manipulating my message. 

Would would you rather have seen him do in that video?   Just sit there morbid in front of his team mates after making a complaint erse of hibs? 

15 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

He didn't play well but celebrated a big win?

The nerve!

What a terrible thread. Get behind the lad for gods sake.  Brutal.

just plain weird ramblings by OP.

he played ok, but he’s clearly your boo boy.   Weird

Edited by 1971fozzy

He will have better games for sure , don’t see any problems with everyone enjoying that win , fully deserved.

Roberts was brought in to help get us out of the Championship , I don’t see him being part of next seasons squad 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

I said before the Dundee game he would be a boo boy, turning back all the time. He had a great game against Dundee. Poor yesterday with again turning back and losing the ball, so glad he and Walker went off. I don’t think he was fit or able to run full out. Looks like a frustrating player, typical winger. Hopefully more performances like the Dundee game. 

18 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Your lack of self awareness at how utterly shite a thread this is speaks volumes as to the sort of character you are. 

Sorry Jordan 😀😀

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No he is not. What is wrong with some of you people. The guy was absolutely honking. No more, no less. Sorry if I am not allowed to tell it as it is and was for goodness sake!

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Played ok. For goodness sake what game were you watching?  Nobody who knows anything about football could possibly say he played ok. The guy was absolutely shocking full stop!

2 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

No he is not. What is wrong with some of you people. The guy was absolutely honking. No more, no less. Sorry if I am not allowed to tell it as it is and was for goodness sake!

Your post wasn't about him not playing well, it was labelling him evil* for celebrating with his team mates.   

*not far off it. 

37 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Win as a team, lose as a team. ****ing honking post. 

he struggled but was not as bad as you make out come on.  That wasn’t an easy game to play in. 
beating that mob in a SF is the best bit of joy we’ve had in years and yet a negative thread booting a new signing for an average 45 minutes ? Aye ok jog on

Just now, Auldbenches said:

Your post wasn't about him not playing well, it was labelling him evil* for celebrating with his team mates.   

*not far off it. 

Evil? Where did I say or indicate that? What I said he clearly has a total lack of self awareness behaving the way he did. Stop makin* things up to suit your own case. 

Played ok. For goodness sake what game were you watching?  Nobody who knows anything about football could possibly say he played ok. The guy was absolutely shocking full stop!

so I know nothing about football. Ok.   I’ll continue to enjoy yesterday as Roberts should.  You just crack on

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

he struggled but was not as bad as you make out come on.  That wasn’t an easy game to play in. 
beating that mob in a SF is the best bit of joy we’ve had in years and yet a negative thread booting a new signing for an average 45 minutes ? Aye ok jog on

Average? If that is average then God help us please. No one who knows anything  about football could assess his performance any better than totally appalling.

He can celebrate how he wants I fully support that and I do agree with the op on one thing, He was absolutely Rank Rotten.

Just now, JamboBoy said:

Evil? Where did I say or indicate that? What I said he clearly has a total lack of self awareness behaving the way he did. Stop makin* things up to suit your own case. 

I would hope he had a lack of self awareness celebrating a cup semi win against hibs.  What should he have done while the other players were celebrating?  

There would be more people on here moaning if he didn't celebrate.  The evil little shite that he is.  

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

so I know nothing about football. Ok.   I’ll continue to enjoy yesterday as Roberts should.  You just crack on

Clearly you don’t but please feel free to celebrate as you wish with your buddy Jordan

:biglaugh:  in what context do you single out an individual for the reminding of the riot act, if not to look even more foolish yourself.

I mean I think the riot act is when there's at least more than one.   The clue is in the terminlogy. 

Let's say the whole team.......   Was a good laugh anyway ☺ 

For the avoidance of doubt I did think roberts had his worst game so far but I am happy the squad pulled through a tough day of football and events. 

😀 

Your issue was him celebrating. Like he shouldn't. No? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds? Even a Hibby wouldn't come out with this patter. 

• cosanostra locked this topic