Jack Ross

vegas-voss

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’d add, and it is a shame to be harsh given our win, but Roberts was like playing 12 v 10. He didn’t just go missing - he actively contributed to a number of their attacks.

He needs time to get up to the speed of the game but Roberts made Hibs look threatening as much if not more so than Hibs.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spellczech

• Riccarton3

• whodanny

• Gorgie Boot boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our opening goal was an absolute beauty and it restored my faith in Ollie Lee.  Absolute gem of a cross which was clinically finished.

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d add, and it is a shame to be harsh given our win, but Roberts was like playing 12 v 10. He didn’t just go missing - he actively contributed to a number of their attacks.

He needs time to get up to the speed of the game but Roberts made Hibs look threatening as much if not more so than Hibs.

That is accurate. He did a lot of good work for Hibs and under different circumstances may have been hooked in the first half before NeIlson could see through his plan.

Edited by Riccarton3

6 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

When you start to sign players from Hamilton and St Mirren, you tend to end up like Hamilton and St Mirren

Keep up the good work Dross

😀

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

IMO they were more incisive, more eager to pull the trigger and test the GK in poor conditions. Apart from the first few mins we didn't do much past our own halfway line except work hard. Our moves were breaking down before we got near their goals. I thought we were fortunate to be 0-0 at halftime. That opinion doesn't change just because we won after 120 mins.

We spent the first 10 mins taking shots to test the keeper in the conditions - 3 I think

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

IMO they were more incisive, more eager to pull the trigger and test the GK in poor conditions. Apart from the first few mins we didn't do much past our own halfway line except work hard. Our moves were breaking down before we got near their goals. I thought we were fortunate to be 0-0 at halftime. That opinion doesn't change just because we won after 120 mins. We had a much better second half that was pretty even, as was extra time. 

Sorry but OUTPLAYED says to me the opposition had better quality from back to front and exhibited passing and possession stats to back that up.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Sorry but outplayed says to me the opposition had better quality from back to front and exhibited passing and possession stats to back that up.

Sure but when you discuss things with someone on here, the trick is to interpret and comprehend what they are saying, not put your own slant on it...So many discussions go round in circles on here or become abusive because people read and reply to what they want to see rather try to understand what is actually being said.

34 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Of course I do, but these are just excuses. Simple truth is that for 60 minutes we were outplayed. Just because we won doesn't change that. We won without being dominant. To beat Aberdeen or Celtic we'll have to be better than yesterday.

You expect us to dominate Celtic 😂

It will be backs to the wall and organisation and hard work that will hopefully get us through. 

Craig Gordon will no doubt make his quota of saves and hopefully we will snap up any chances we get. 

It's going to be very difficult but not impossible. 

We will be stronger and fitter as well by that time. 

It's not excuses that our team was hampered by injuries and lack of match fitness last night, it's a fact. 

Edited by luckydug

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Sorry but OUTPLAYED says to me the opposition had better quality from back to front and exhibited passing and possession stats to back that up.

Spellczech was watching a different game to me, there is absolutely no chance we were OUTPLAYED?

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It will be backs to the wall and organisation and hard work that will hopefully get us through. 

Craig Gordon will no doubt make his quota of saves and hopefully we will snap up any chances we get. 

It's not excuses that our team was hampered by injuries and lack of match fitness last night, it's a fact. 

No. Where did I say that? I said we won yesterday without being dominant. If we perform against Celtic like we did yesterday in the first 60 mins it will be over by halftime, like it apparently was for Aberdeen earlier.

No way we were outplayed. It was a game of very few chances of which Boyce actually had the best when through on goal. 

Even Jack Ross said it was a game of fine margins. 

I was disappointed with our performance from about 15 mins for the rest of the first half but we defended reasonably well. I thought we were the more incisive team going forward in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

No. Where did I say that? I said we won yesterday without being dominant. If we perform against Celtic like we did yesterday in the first 60 mins it will be over by halftime, like it apparently was for Aberdeen earlier.

Agreed. Will take more than Gollum handing out an even if up gift.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Neither team was dominant yesterday. Big chances were pretty equal. Both teams missed sitters. 

Not sure why you’re on such a tirade to be honest. 

50% possession, six shots on target to five pretty much sums it up. 

The penalties in extra time were the difference. That’s it. 

I'm not on a tirade. I'm just replying to responses. It's a discussion.

I've said the second half and ET were pretty equal, and IMO we were lucky to be level at HT. That is pretty much all I have said on this thread. But now I am repeating myself...

23 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sure but when you discuss things with someone on here, the trick is to interpret and comprehend what they are saying, not put your own slant on it...So many discussions go round in circles on here or become abusive because people read and reply to what they want to see rather try to understand what is actually being said.

You said we were outplayed for 60 minutes. I've simply!y given my thoughts on what outplayed means to me? What does it mean to you?

4 hours ago, Costanza said:

I think he's a decent manager and if he'd taken over rather than Cathro, the club would be in a far better place.

However  I would take Robbie over him every single day.

I think he’s okay too. The big differences yesterday were Craig Gordon and our bench having a bit more class than theirs. I did think that Neilson made better tactical decisions though. Wasn’t a great deal between the teams if we’re honest, which we’ve got to be happy about considering the relative positions. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

You said we were outplayed for 60 minutes. I've simply!y given my thoughts on what outplayed means to me? What does it mean to you?

That Hibs were better than us for 60 minutes. You're overthinking it.

57 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Of course I do, but these are just excuses. Simple truth is that for 60 minutes we were outplayed. Just because we won doesn't change that. We won without being dominant. To beat Aberdeen or Celtic we'll have to be better than yesterday.

Outplayed? 

Absolute nonsense. 

28 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The trick is to use the correct words, then people will understand what you mean. ‘Outplayed’ is the wrong word, as the majority of posters above are attempting to point out.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

The trick is to use the correct words, then people will understand what you mean. ‘Outplayed’ is the wrong word, as the majority of posters above are attempting to point out.

So I see...ok then. They looked threatening in the first 55mins, we didn't. Bringing on Naismith and Haring changed the flow of the game entirely...

Is that not just a more long-winded way of saying we were being outplayed?

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So I see...ok then. They looked threatening in the first 55mins, we didn't. Bringing on Naismith and Haring changed the flow of the game entirely...

They had the better chances but I don’t think they outplayed us. At pointed out above Roberts inability to keep the ball was causing us more problems than Hibs. 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

no. Because we weren’t ‘outplayed’ 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They had the better chances but I don’t think they outplayed us. At pointed out above Roberts inability to keep the ball was causing us more problems than Hibs. 

spot on 

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly. Our winger was losing the ball every time it went to him and their winger was knocking in good crosses...They looked threatening whilst we didn't. Only wastefulness in front of goal and Craig Gordon's excellence kept them out. If you guys saw it differently and thought we looked dangerous then fine, we'll just have to agree to disagree. But for me bringing on Naismith and Haring was what got us into the game.

I only came on this thread to say that Jack Ross wasn't as pish as people were making him and his team out to be.

Edited by Spellczech

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Should be a lot of questions about yesterday's performance particularly in extra time.

Though I was surprised at how good they were. They do have a decent set up. 

Jury out. 

That’s my view. Hibs are a pretty good team........just not good enough to beat our boys! 

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Our goal came from a good cross from the right wing, the very same position Ginelly would have been in. And up against a teenage full back. 

Pasquale for King

Still drives up from Sunderland every day apparently, doesn’t want to be there. Looked like he and Neilson had a few words late in the game, Hibs fans want him out 😆

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was he not manager when they beat us at Christmas 2019?

I don’t think he is that bad a coach but clearly limited and that can get you a long way in Scotland if you have a half-decent squad, which he has. 

Being brutally honest with ourselves, they are 3rd in the league and his record as hibs boss is not too bad, but I do expect it to slide over the next 12 months, as per usual. 

One the face of it it looks like that. I have watched quite a few of their games this season and they have been awful. Carried a huge amount of luck with penalties and incorrect offside decisions going their way. I think from the first 4 or 5 games they grabbed 4 or 5 more points than they warranted.  They may finish 3rd or 4th but the standard is tragic in that league. 

6 hours ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Another clueless hibs manager, no depth to his squad, first 11 is decent but if they are not 2/3 ahead he can't change it, Robbie has built this team for a long haul hibs as usual a slap dash

Their one plan is ‘get the ball to Boyle’... that’s it! IMO he’s a decent player, stop him and they’re easy - it really is their only ’play’. 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

We must have been watching a different game. Outplayed? Really? Neither side was dominant. Can’t remember them stringing 3 passes together and the possession was 50/50. Goal scoring chances were about even. 

Very strange interpretation indeed.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

We must have been watching a different game. Outplayed? Really? Neither side was dominant. Can’t remember them stringing 3 passes together and the possession was 50/50. Goal scoring chances were about even. 

Very strange interpretation indeed.

Howso? I was talking about the first hour - you are talking about the whole match...

26 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

One the face of it it looks like that. I have watched quite a few of their games this season and they have been awful. Carried a huge amount of luck with penalties and incorrect offside decisions going their way. I think from the first 4 or 5 games they grabbed 4 or 5 more points than they warranted.  They may finish 3rd or 4th but the standard is tragic in that league. 

I haven’t seen more than a few seconds of them this season so I’ll assume you are correct. A few others have said the same. 

If anything it shows just how poorly managed we were. 

The White Cockade

Hibs were on top first half after the first ten minutes

Played a bit more football and more threat out wide

I think this was because our initial setup was way off due to Ginnelly being out injured and having Wighton and Roberts wide with Lee and Halliday central

Roberts had an absolute nightmare and we just didn’t have any threat from wide areas

Also Jamie didn’t really contribute much before going off and Boyce not back to his best yet 

Once the subs came on Haring mid Naisy no 10 and Lee on right with Wighton up top we looked a different team and made far more chances than them and should have won it in 90 minutes

The fact is we won without being bear our best which shows how over hyped the Lochenders are as usual 

Celtic obviously favourites but with everybody for we can give it a real good go  and if we are sharp in front of goal who knows 

9 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

When you start to sign players from Hamilton and St Mirren, you tend to end up like Hamilton and St Mirren

Keep up the good work Dross

great post, I was thinking this during the game , it also sums up there spending power ( or lack of it)

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can’t believe the abuse he is getting over on hibs.net.  He has just literally led Hibs to their best ever result at Hampden against us. 

Priceless!

:rofl:

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Hibs were on top first half after the first ten minutes

Played a bit more football and more threat out wide

I think this was because our initial setup was way off due to Ginnelly being out injured and having Wighton and Roberts wide with Lee and Halliday central

Roberts had an absolute nightmare and we just didn’t have any threat from wide areas

Also Jamie didn’t really contribute much before going off and Boyce not back to his best yet 

Once the subs came on Haring mid Naisy no 10 and Lee on right with Wighton up top we looked a different team and made far more chances than them and should have won it in 90 minutes

The fact is we won without being bear our best which shows how over hyped the Lochenders are as usual 

Celtic obviously favourites but with everybody for we can give it a real good go  and if we are sharp in front of goal who knows 

We lost by a goal last time with McLean up top on his own

8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Well said.

Not saying it doesn't work but Hibs are one dimensional. They're quick, they cross a lot, the have 2 big CFs. I don't see how they could vary much.

Especially when Ginelly back, we've options.

I wouldn't swap squads. Or managers.

I agree.  When Jack was here he was Robbie's underling.  He still is.

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can’t believe the abuse he is getting over on hibs.net.  He has just literally led Hibs to their best ever result at Hampden against us. 

Take a bow

3 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Possession was 50/50, so we were clearly outplayed on that basis!!

They had twice as many shots on goal as we did, but only 1 more shot on target than us, which suggests they were either taking pot shots from anywhere, or are shite finishers.  

The most interesting stat for me though is that we scored twice as many goals as they did, and that's despite them getting the same amount of penalties as us.

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

One off, every dog had its day springs to mind,  maybe same performance like semi in 2012,and wel do ok ...🤞🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

The Sunderland documentary series.

Jack Ross a bloke his age and the amount of skin tight garments he wore....wtf goes through his head. Weirdo 

I recall years ago. Think it was at the outset of the Lithuanian hate campaign when everyone that had the opportunity were classing Hearts as divers. Well I recall picking up a paper and this big headline attributed to a bloke called Jack Ross filled the back page. I genuinely didnt know who he was at the time as he was either still with Falkirk as a player or st Midden but he certainly had the ear of the press. Dont know how it stuck in my mind but have disliked him ever since as he was certainly putting the boot in.