Willie Collum

jamborich

I'm still unsure about the injury time decision, I haven't seen a definitive angle for it. Their one in ET was never a penalty and ours was soft as **** but if they didn't come together Aidy White was getting the ball and was in.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• jamborich

• smiler

• H2

Top Posters In This Topic

Got both pens wrong.

Gave us 4 or 5 bookings and yet Gogic didn't get one despite fouling all over the shop.

Other than that though, he actually let the game flow.

Wighton's goal is a great example of him allowing play to flow working well - he could have easily given a FK at the half way line

Voice of reason
4 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

If there was VAR last night. No penalties and both players booked for diving imo

Absolutely no chance White would have been booked for diving as there was loads on contact from the Hibs player. Maybe not a penalty but never a booking unlike the blatant cheating by Newell.

VAR would also have ruled out Hibs equaliser for offside.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Voice of reason said:

Absolutely no chance White would have been booked for diving as there was loads on contact from the Hibs player. Maybe not a penalty but never a booking unlike the blatant cheating by Newell.

VAR would also have ruled out Hibs equaliser for offside.

This.

10 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Got both pens wrong.

Gave us 4 or 5 bookings and yet Gogic didn't get one despite fouling all over the shop.

Wighton's goal is a great example of him allowing play to flow working well - he could have easily given a FK at the half way line

Gogic got booked I'm sure, agree otherwise though 👍

8 hours ago, H2 said:

I thought generally he had a good game, lack of support from his other officials.

He was ok. So who do we have for the final, if we get to play it.

Knowing GFA they will cancel it once the Sheep knock out septic.

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, allystrachan said:

To be fair to him on their dive his angle may not have been the best but Bobby Madden’s view must have been pretty good.

I have seen softer pens given than ours too. Mcginn’s left arm is certainly pushing White putting him off balance whether he meant to trip him or not. End of the day the defender clattered the attacker in the box & that’s a pen nine times out of ten.

Ours was definitely a penalty. How often do you see the same kind of thing happen outside the box and a free kick not being given? It is almost always given.

He lives for the sudden blowing of the whistle and sprinting towards the penalty spot 🙄

He buys them 9/10. Ridiculous. 

Sometimes it goes for you, other times against. I’d just rather he was correct than hoping he has a good day today.

Gordon Ramsay

Thought they should have had a penalty in last minute of normal time. The Newell one was never a penalty and I actually thought our one was. 

Think he just makes it up as he goes along.

The Hibs penalty was a joke, however it must have broken his heart that a team in green and white lost  a semi final due to a penalty HE gave. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Thought they should have had a penalty in last minute of normal time. The Newell one was never a penalty and I actually thought our one was. 

Thankfully it worked out okay this time.

32 minutes ago, Marvin said:

If that happens they will find a method of awarding it to the sheep.

SectionDJambo

After the penalty he gave Celtic in last years final, we were due something back from him. If our penalty was soft, rather than the result of the cheating that got them there one, it was no softer than the one Celtic got.

The Hibs claim towards the end of normal  time is the one that Hibs,  and their pals in the media, seem to be hanging onto. The television pictures are inconclusive, in my view, but Madden was only a few yards away. If Hibs were due a penalty, he couldn't have missed it. The Hibs boy probably threw himself to the ground. His mate showed us that they have no qualms about diving for a penalty. They've had a few dodgy ones this season.  

46 minutes ago, Marvin said:

We want the sheep surely ?  But can't see it, celtic will get everything against them "      but I'm sure we can beat Aberdeen.....if things go there way.🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I'm still unsure about the injury time decision, I haven't seen a definitive angle for it. Their one in ET was never a penalty and ours was soft as **** but if they didn't come together Aidy White was getting the ball and was in.

Disagree. Andy White was running hard into the box with a clear goal scoring chance and the Hibs player clattered into him, bringing him down.  A fairly clear penalty. Mikey Stewart needs to have a look at the rule book.

6 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

We want the sheep surely ?  But can't see it, celtic will get everything against them "      but I'm sure we can beat Aberdeen.....if things go there way.🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

I was talking about the ref, not the scummy outfit we will be playing. Obviously I'd take the Sheep but from what little i have seen of celtic, they are also very beatable.

Bazzas right boot

I though he was generally OK. 

Never gave us a few free kicks in the first half, Boyce one stands out, but also never booked the likes of Haring when he could have. 

Hibs pK looks 100% one from his angle, he can't see him pulling out and there is still contact, soft as shite tho. The guy behind the goal has to assist there. 

Our pk was 50/50 I'd want it all day long, but the defender makes his mind up in the end. 

Got the decision at the end right as well, Halkett got pulled back, I think the assistant called that. 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Halkett was pulled back by his shirt just before he kicked out, we got the free kick for that, I think awarded by the assistant. 

These were tough decisions. The offside too. 

Understand all the decisions. Good strong decision on not giving Hibs one. Newell goes down in such a way it looks like a penalty so player responsible for that one. 

Ours is a penalty. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

If there was VAR last night. No penalties and both players booked for diving imo

No chance white would have been booked. 

queensferryjambo

FFS he and his officials watched Hibs score a goal with 3 players offside and then gave a penalty for a total dive.

The statistics in the future will make it look like yet again dodgy Willie refereed a a match where Hearts beat Hibs again.

If it was not for Hibs missing that penalty we would have been out the cup to an offside goal and a dodgy penalty.

Hearts won this game in spite of Collum and his officials not thanks to their display. 

Ex member of the SaS

Thought Collum was horrendous and allowed them to foul all game especially Gogic ( sp ) and couldn't wait to book one of ours. Neither penalty was right however ours there was contact as opposed to theirs where he blatantly dived. Can't see the point of having extra linesmen ( will never call them assistants ) if they can't see that. Having said that I think maybe he was involved at the other instance where it was refused.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

No danger would White have been booked.

14 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Disagree. Andy White was running hard into the box with a clear goal scoring chance and the Hibs player clattered into him, bringing him down.  A fairly clear penalty. Mikey Stewart needs to have a look at the rule book.

Pretty sure White's feet were off the ground before any 'contact' .

White then stuck his foot between the defenders legs

In the modern game White was clever

Hibs penalty was a blatant dive . Popescu pulled out of the tackle bit harsh to blame him because the referee couldn't see that

They missed theirs we didn't

25 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Hibs penalty was a blatant dive . Popescu pulled out of the tackle bit harsh to blame him because the referee couldn't see that

That's how I saw it too but I'm still wondering if Popescu actually maybe made contact, knee to thigh.

If a player dives it's not the ref that's the issue...newell made it look very convincing? I don't like collum but he was conned, maybe he was "looking" to give a pen but be annoyed at the diver on this occasion.

Under VAR and clear and obvious mistake over-rule 

Hibs goal - offside

Hibs first penalty claim.  Dubious what would have been done. (Halkett Doidge element)

Hibs penalty - award overturned

Hearts penalty - sufficient contact not to be clear and obvious mistake, still awarded.

Maroon tinted specs of course. 

Edited by DETTY29

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's how I saw it too but I'm still wondering if Popescu actually maybe made contact, knee to thigh.

I don't think so but it's hard to say .

My criticism of Collum in this instance is that he couldn't see it . Maybe got a shout from his linesman ?

portobellojambo1

There were, I guess, potentially 4 penalty chances (2 for each side), and if I'm honest I'm not convinced any of them were stone wall penalties. But we each got one in ET, and we took our chance.

In addition, their goal was offside, but it was the linesman who failed to pick up on that.

So, all in all, a game that had more officials than normal wasn't particularly well officiated.

Allowayjambo1874

Neither were pens, not sure about the one at end of match you can see by Halkett reaction he thinks Hibs player was trying to con the ref. The offside was tight but it says something when not a single hearts player claimed for it and that one was on the Lino. 

I am not sure he made any other glaring errors throughout the match tbh.

More annoying was the BBC commentary team, was waiting for a reference to warrior poets, they were so far up Hibs it was frightening. Nisbet as he steps up to take the penalty described as ‘magnificent’!  Aye very good.

10 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

The guy is addicted to awarding penalties.

Been mentioned before but there’s a touch of the “I’m important I’m the star of the show” about him rather than do his job and keep a low profile he wants the attention and I’m not sure how others view him but his manner whilst refereeing he’s arrogant, to me he is.

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

A lot depends on what you see at the time. Like Collum, I saw a Hibs player clattering into a Hearts player in the box. Clear penalty. Collum doesn’t have the benefit of  replays thanks to SFA incompetence.

Edited by OldGorgie

32 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Neither were pens, not sure about the one at end of match you can see by Halkett reaction he thinks Hibs player was trying to con the ref. The offside was tight but it says something when not a single hearts player claimed for it and that one was on the Lino. 

I am not sure he made any other glaring errors throughout the match tbh.

More annoying was the BBC commentary team, was waiting for a reference to warrior poets, they were so far up Hibs it was frightening. Nisbet as he steps up to take the penalty described as ‘magnificent’!  Aye very good.

Think Nisbet is a good player but at no time was he even vaguely magnificent yesterday

Hibs goal offside!  The fact Hearts players never claimed for it is irrelevant.   Seldom, unless it's a yard or so do players claim.  Linesm was woeful. Earlier in the game he had given offside against both, when both were in line.

Their penalty  never!  Remembering what happened to Walker v the other half of the bigot brothers, I take it that the Compliance Officer will be dealing with that blatant dive?

What? No?  Well there's a shock!

Edited by colinmaroon

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

FFS he and his officials watched Hibs score a goal with 3 players offside and then gave a penalty for a total dive.

The statistics in the future will make it look like yet again dodgy Willie refereed a a match where Hearts beat Hibs again.

If it was not for Hibs missing that penalty we would have been out the cup to an offside goal and a dodgy penalty.

Hearts won this game in spite of Collum and his officials not thanks to their display. 

Loves a penalty  that wee ba......d collum, hope we stay well clear of him from now on.....🤞

Madden was to blame for their penalty to be given. Would of been difficult to see from his angle although should have been clear for Madden. 

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He got their injury time one right. He got their extra time one wrong. He got our extra time one right 

2/3

Was there not a suggestion that their goal was offside?

5 hours ago, Glottis said:

Got both pens wrong.

Absolutely right.  On another day, he would have flashed a red for some of the tackles and/or a second booking.

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

Was there not a suggestion that their goal was offside?

Their goal was offside, no doubting it.  In fact, it looks like 3 Hibs players are offside, 2 marginally but 1 by a very clear margin.

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Their goal was offside, no doubting it.  In fact, it looks like 3 Hibs players are offside, 2 marginally but 1 by a very clear margin.

Certainly that's exactly how I saw - cheers.

wattie exploited

thought they should have had a pen in the dying minutes if it had been hearts we would have been screaming for it ,hibs pen in extra time was a dive ,our pen was a penalty just I would say but great play by White to get his legs tangled with their player ,

only thing that matters is we won :rifle:

15 hours ago, H2 said:

I thought generally he had a good game, lack of support from his other officials.

He never takes the time to think or consult! Never learns!

The White Cockade

Thought Collum was fine 

Most refs would have given the injury time penalty 

Made mistakes but not biased imo

41 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Absolutely right.  On another day, he would have flashed a red for some of the tackles and/or a second booking.

Gogic was booked then hooked!

3 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

He never takes the time to think or consult! Never learns!