Robbie Neilson

And he’s not praying!

On 17/10/2020 at 10:03, And he’s not praying! said:

First spell - Played 106. Won 62. Drawn 22. Lost 22. Win ratio - 58.5%. Won the Championship at an absolute canter. Left for MK Dons with us 2nd in the Premiership.

This time round - Played 4. Won 4. Drawn 0. Lost 0. Win ratio - 100%.

From reading this board lately there appears to be some who are unwilling to back him or trust him completely which I find bizarre. Some even appear to pine for Daniel Stendel, which given his rotten record I find even more bizarre.

So what is it? That he isn’t foreign? That he’s quietly spoken, that his team once let a 2 goal lead slip to hibs?

As a Hearts fan I want Hearts to win football matches. Robbie Neilson at Hearts, as the above shows, wins football matches.

I hope he’s here for years to come. ♥️

I think tonight will give Robbie a lot more support from the less enlightened fans amongst us. Win the Scottish Cup and he’s golden. Potentially the first Hearts employee to win the Scottish cup as a player and as a manager?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hagar the Horrible

• And he’s not praying!

• Gorgie Boot boy

I’ll be honest and state I wasn’t a Robbie fan. Personally I think he has a bit more attitude about him the second time around. I’m beginning to see the Hearts man in Robbie. I’ll now stand along side him and fight any fecker.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

WTF are you on about? I’m absolutely delighted for Robbie and the team.

Now go and start an argument with somebody else - good night.

An argument.

You were on about air brushing away Robbies record v Hibs.

What argument.is that, must be the one in your head.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

An argument.

You were on about air brushing away Robbies record v Hibs.

What argument.is that, must be the one in your head.

My point is that fans have given Robbie hard time for his poor record in Derbies and this win will shut them up. Clear?

4 hours ago, gillsjambo29 said:

For the statisticians, does tonight count as a win or draw?

Or will we have to wait another year for some ***** on here to announce 1 win in 9 against hibs   😜

Well done Robbie, keep putting it up em!!!

Bet Hibs will be taking the draw comfort blankey to bed with them.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My point is that fans have given Robbie hard time for his poor record in Derbies and this win will shut them up. Clear?

Yes it is clear.

Can we celebrate a victory against the scum now.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Yes it is clear.

Can we celebrate a victory against the scum now.

👍❤️

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Substitutions were sublime today, all played their part and changed the game for us. Great management.

Players hungry and want to play for him, the coaches and the shirt.

Bringing on Haring & Naismith was up there with bringing on three fresh strikers in the 10-0 against Cowdenbeath.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

👍❤️

Thank you.

So who do you think will win today's other semi final. ?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Thank you.

Hoping it's Aberdeen as we should have a better chance against them.  Though I'd love it if it's us who stop Celtic getting another trophy.  Both are there for the taking.  Because beating them feels so good, I forgot we are in another final.  

7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Thank you.

I hope Aberdeen but Celtic are no great shakes and they are due pay back for last year!

Gorgie Boot boy

Yeah , i was thinking Aberdeen would be a better option. I always see Celtic as our biggest rivals though. Would be a good one to play them in a final for a second year running.

Not fussed , we are in the final, beating Hibs was the main deal for us. We are in it to win it so who knows eh. Thanks mate.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I hope Aberdeen but Celtic are no great shakes and they are due pay back for last year!

Mad innit, we are in the final and couldn't give a shit who we play.

Crazy days, who would of thought it .

Scottish cup final 2020 Hearts V ?

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen all the way. would be more pissed of if they beat us, but far better chance of beating them in a final rather than Celtic.

Aberdeen are ****ing shite.

Edited by Smith's right boot

A_A wehatethehibs

Couldn't give a **** if it's Celtic or Aberdeen, they've both got no chance against the silkies of our half Dutch half Brazilian half Argentinian half German young forward Craig Van Der Wighton who WILL score a double in the final to win it for Hearts. Get that boy a Scotland cap before Brazil swoop in 

Very impressed by Robbie this time around. 

He very clearly backchained every match match before the semi as preparation for last night. Every minute for every player was carefully controlled so that we could execute that game plan last night. This is pretty common in pre-season but it is brilliant work to do it in the regular season whilst maintaining a 100% win rate. 

Also brilliant to see see how much leadership there is in the team now. Having his old team mate organising the defence and shouting orders at the back whilst Robbie gives instructions from halfway is incredibly useful. Add in Naismith doing the same up front - and even Haliday and Haring leading by example in midfield - it really is a sea change from the leadership void we had before. 

It it really shows what a confident leader Robbie is that he has packed the side with so many strong characters. 

Thought we were tactically sharp sharp as well. 

Very lucky to get him back. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

He very clearly backchained every match match before the semi as preparation for last night. Every minute for every player was carefully controlled so that we could execute that game plan last night. This is pretty common in pre-season but it is brilliant work to do it in the regular season whilst maintaining a 100% win rate. 

Also brilliant to see see how much leadership there is in the team now. Having his old team mate organising the defence and shouting orders at the back whilst Robbie gives instructions from halfway is incredibly useful. Add in Naismith doing the same up front - and even Haliday and Haring leading by example in midfield - it really is a sea change from the leadership void we had before. 

It it really shows what a confident leader Robbie is that he has packed the side with so many strong characters. 

Good post, spot on. In the interviews both Neilson and Gordon said it, we have spent the last 3 months preparing for this game and the attention to detail showed. 

Any remaining Neilson detractors are hereby terminated with immediate effect

Agree with that @CMc

Would add that Robbie and his coaching team seem to be having fun with the players, and team togetherness appeared noticeably better than last season even before yesterday’s game.

Team look well organised, no confusion about what each players role is plus an attempt to play players in their best positions whenever possible. 
players like Walker look to be enjoying football again and are fighting for the team. Naismith is being used more intelligently in my view too. 
And as for the change in Wighton ! Brilliant! Credit to the lad himself but the Coaching team must also be playing a major part.

long may it continue 👍

Delighted for Robbie. He's currently turning a tanker round and you don't get much better than beating THEM in a semi final at Hampden, he and the players deserve credit for that 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, topsport said:

Agree with that @CMc

Would add that Robbie and his coaching team seem to be having fun with the players, and team togetherness appeared noticeably better than last season even before yesterday’s game.

Team look well organised, no confusion about what each players role is plus an attempt to play players in their best positions whenever possible. 
players like Walker look to be enjoying football again and are fighting for the team. Naismith is being used more intelligently in my view too. 
And as for the change in Wighton ! Brilliant! Credit to the lad himself but the Coaching team must also be playing a major part.

long may it continue 👍

Not sure if it was Neilson or McCulloch or one of the senior players, but whoever told Wighton to shave his heid deserves a cash bonus. Masterstroke 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not sure if it was Neilson or McCulloch or one of the senior players, but whoever told Wighton to shave his heid deserves a cash bonus. Masterstroke 

🤣  baldy ‘wigs’ for the final if fans are allowed anywhere near hampden?!

10 minutes ago, topsport said:

🤣  baldy ‘wigs’ for the final if fans are allowed anywhere near hampden?!

Jason leitcn said yesterday if we can get to tier 1 we can get some fans back to football. 

:yas:

Just now, ri Alban said:

Jason leitcn said yesterday if we can get to tier 1 we can get some fans back to football. 

Baldy wigs it is then 😁 

now that’s the attire sorted, I agree with @Des Lynam song required.

suggestions?

2 minutes ago, topsport said:

Baldy wigs it is then 😁 

suggestions?

Zal, zal zal everyjambo loves you

Edited by TypoonJambo

3 minutes ago, topsport said:

Baldy wigs it is then 😁 

suggestions?

ROBBIE, ROBBIE... ROBBIE, ROBBIE. 

That's all I have. :D

Sorry, BALDY, BALDY... BALDY, BALDY. 

Still all I have. 

Edited by ri Alban

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

ROBBIE, ROBBIE... ROBBIE, ROBBIE. 

That's all I have. :D

It’s a start I suppose 🤪

maybe something to an apt tune like  ‘fly  me to the moon’ or something similar to get back at the plane hiring morons?!

Edited by topsport

7 minutes ago, topsport said:

Baldy wigs it is then 😁 

suggestions?

The mans back again, so **** off with your planes, walking in a Neilson wonderland...

The subs and change of shape showed me we have a more experienced and savy manager with the return of Robbie.

Very excited for the first time in a wee while at the bigger picture for Hearts.

We are a bunch of moaners on JKB and thankfully Robbie ignores our facepalmers.  The plan to keep Haring and Naisy until the second half could have gone wrong if vermin went in at HT in lead but they didn't.  Tactics worked.  Another Hibs defeat at Hampden.

Toxteth O'Grady

I’ve been one of his biggest critics but the last few days he had a glint in his eye and you could tell he was really up for the game.

Well done Robbie. 

Borders Jambo

Just remember the cup final against Gretna and that tackle.

I think that states anything you ever needed to know about Robbie.

Class act. 

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, CMc said:

Superb post. 

We are very lucky to have Robbie back. 

1 hour ago, Borders Jambo said:

Just remember the cup final against Gretna and that tackle.

I think that states anything you ever needed to know about Robbie.

Class act. 

This! I can never understand any ill feeling towards Robbie from Hearts fans. Ridiculous. The manner and way he won the championship speaks for itself. The 10-0 win over the Blue Brazil was another highlight!

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen all the way. would be more pissed of if they beat us, but far better chance of beating them in a final rather than Celtic.

Aberdeen are ****ing shite.

Remember Celtic won't have "the best fans in the world" behind them. That levels the playing field as they are likely to be more affected than us, being used to 50000 behind them.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Remember Celtic won't have "the best fans in the world" behind them. That levels the playing field as they are likely to be more affected than us, being used to 50000 behind them.

Yeah, but they still have good players 

Christie, eduard, thumb, forest etc 

Or

Whatever Aberdeen have got. 

Aberdeen for me, but beating celtic would be sweet. 

1 hour ago, Independence said:

This! I can never understand any ill feeling towards Robbie from Hearts fans. Ridiculous. The manner and way he won the championship speaks for itself. The 10-0 win over the Blue Brazil was another highlight!

This

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Not now we are playing Celtic in the final 

18Jambo_dave74

I’m absolutely delighted for Neilson - his celebration at the end of the game shows what it meant to him. Also loved the his exchange with Gordon on the pitch - two Hearts men that knew how much it meant.