Three teams chucked out of elite level of SFA youth initiative. (NHC)

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

This probably wont be of interest to many but I was amazed to see this on the bbc website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/7491711.stm

Basicly Dunfermline and Ross County have been chucked out of the elite section of Scottish Youth Football Initiative Programme (who include all SPL clubs and Stenhousemuir?!?!.) These two have been chucked out due to an admin error where they did not vet their employees every three years.

Now I think it is important to do that but surely they should ask these clubs to do it then chuck them out, Dunfermline claimed they vet their employees but did not know they had to do it every three years. It just seems over the top to quickly ban them. And due to this Dunfermline are now stopping all their youth system.

Ross County are the only club outside the SPL with a youth academy (until the Spartans one comes on) so that is bad to stop such a system working at the highest level and the loss of a grant will hurt them.

So I think the SFA could of handled this better i.e. give them the threat and send a message to them personally then if they still dont comply then remove them.

p.s. "The decision means only one non-SPL club, Stenhousemuir, is still able to play in the top youth league." how?????????????

This probably wont be of interest to many but I was amazed to see this on the bbc website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/7491711.stm

Basicly Dunfermline and Ross County have been chucked out of the elite section of Scottish Youth Football Initiative Programme (who include all SPL clubs and Stenhousemuir?!?!.) These two have been chucked out due to an admin error where they did not vet their employees every three years.

Now I think it is important to do that but surely they should ask these clubs to do it then chuck them out, Dunfermline claimed they vet their employees but did not know they had to do it every three years. It just seems over the top to quickly ban them. And due to this Dunfermline are now stopping all their youth system.

Ross County are the only club outside the SPL with a youth academy (until the Spartans one comes on) so that is bad to stop such a system working at the highest level and the loss of a grant will hurt them.

So I think the SFA could of handled this better i.e. give them the threat and send a message to them personally then if they still dont comply then remove them.

p.s. "The decision means only one non-SPL club, Stenhousemuir, is still able to play in the top youth league." how?????????????

Well I've given VR plenty leeway of late so I may as well do the same here ?

Maybe there is more than meets the eye here as it does seem a bit harsh at first glance ?

jamboinglasgow
Well I've given VR plenty leeway of late so I may as well do the same here ?

Maybe there is more than meets the eye here as it does seem a bit harsh at first glance ?

could be.

Think Hearts should be ready to pick up any decent youngsters from Dunfermline, could be one or two even if they are in the U14's.

I don't know too much about their actual youth teams but my little brother(8) goes to one of their community courses every week and they seem to be quite good at coaching the youngsters.

Carl Spackler

I'd like to hear more about this. On the face of it the decision seems ridiculous.

lost in leith

If you combine the ludicrously OTT disclosure regime and the SFA you are bound to end with a fiasco sooner rather than later :mad:

Dunfermline have one lad, (a jambo) just turned 16 who has been training with the 1st team..a very good prospect.

jamboinglasgow
Dunfermline have one lad, (a jambo) just turned 16 who has been training with the 1st team..a very good prospect.

would imagine that Dunfermline would just move him to the reserve squad and maybe one or two other promising players.

Do you know what posistion he is?

Think it is sad when in this country we need to really develop and push on youth development that three clubs with decent youth development are demoted (causing one to stop its program or at least threaten) over a admin technicalty which if they actully spoke to the clubs I am sure they would fix it.

The laddie is a defender, i coached him at u15s and described him as a cross between Paul Ritchie and Craig levein.His reading of the game is where he gains that crucial yard.

It is not Paul Willis,i dont want to name him as i think the Kostadinov approach is not the way to go.

Archived