Craig Gordon

The White Cockade

11 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I was genuinely astonished when Hibs actually scored and that is a mark of how good big Craig is. We should have paid to get him in January and we wouldn't have been thrown out of the league but just so happy he is now our guy again. 

Spot on. If we had Gordon in goals last season we wouldn't have been demoted.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• milky_26

• A_A wehatethehibs

• 1971fozzy

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

image.png.93ec8ed1e61fa72ecd7b0b2fe6bb1008.png

This is the moment Nisbet missed that extra time penalty. 28 minutes in after the save of the season.

You'll have to do better than that pal

IMO - get this image blown up on the gable end at the Main Stand. Needs to be on a big flag for the final 

Love the man. It's a Cheshire Cat smile 😁

Craig Halketts comments in the pre-game presser are very telling too. Constantly talks about how he has much more confidence with someone like Craig Gordon behind him.

Top keeper, looks like he's loving life at Hearts but so do the rest of the team too.

It shows the folly of not replacing the 3 Stooges last season. Craig Gordon is better than the 3 of them put together. Great to see his enthusiasm for the team.

Absolutely outstanding keeper. He should be immediately reinstated to the Scottish National team as the No1. Best Scottish keeper by a country mile.

His reflexes and awareness defy belief at times. 

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Magnificent today

Don’t expect to hear any more from the idiots who didn’t want him

as he is “tainted” by playing for another team

Well done big man and Robbie as well

The plane banner bams can **** off as well

Buzzing to win that game against them 

We need to all be100% behind the manager and the team now for the whole season and make sure we roar them in to promotion

HHGH

I was very vocal. It cut me deep to watch him celebrating in Celtic colours and winding us up. 
That save today from the header was like watching him around 05-07...🥰🥰🥰

Lennon will be spewing given his current goalkeeping situation.  Let Gordon go because he thought he was getting Forster and then Forster said TTFN dickheads.  

Big Craig has proven he's still got it and will still be in International squad plans. You can't not pick a player who's at the top of his game and if Clarke doesn't, just because he's playing Championship this season then he needs to have a word with himself.

I was happy, although slightly hesitant given his age and lack of games, to hear we were signing him and said at the time he'll maybe take over as goalkeeping coach long-term. The difference between Gordon and Pereira, Doyle & Zlamal is night and day. We have a history of top goalkeepers, certainly since I started going to Tynie in the early 80s. Henry Smith, Gilles Rousset, Antti Niemi, Craig Gordon, Marian Kello and even Jon McLaughlin have been the benchmark that others have had to live up to, and that's not an easy thing to do. People like Nicky Walker, Craig Nelson, Roddie McKenzie, Zlamal etc. had a lot to live up to. Actually, Neil Alexander did us a solid turn as well.

I wonder if Neil Lennon is starting to regret not using Gordon more these last couple of years? Gordon's experience will instil confidence in those in front of him.

Edited by jambonian

A new work colleague moved up here from down south in the summer. He’s an Ipswich fan but he works with me on a daily basis so he’s took an interest in Hearts. Loves big Christophe. 

Even before last night he was absolutely dumbfounded as to why Craig is playing with us in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.  After every game he’s txt to say we’re so lucky to have him. And he’s absolutely right.

Sounds daft but we’re lucky he had that really bad injury period or he would still be playing at the top level in England or abroad. We’re lucky Celtic made a total arse of it and ****ed him about or he would still be their number 1. And most importantly we’re lucky he was brought up a Jambo! Bet Hibs are gutted he wasn’t of the green persuasion. 

You can tell he’s back in love with football and he’s got years left in him. 

Can't see him not being called into the national squad this time round so had a little look at impact on our fixtures.

(Thu) 12 November - Serbia (Final for EURO 2021)

(Sun) 15 November - Slovakia

(Wed) 18 November - Israel

Last two for Nations League and promotion to A Groups.  2 points required, but 1 might do.

(Northern Ireland playing on same nights but 1st and 3rd are in Belfast)

We have in that 'call up' period we have

(Tue) 10 November - East Fife - Away BetFred Cup

(Fri) 20 November - Dunfermline - Away League

U21s also have Crotia (H) on Thu12/11 and Greece (A) Tue 17/11. Irving not in squad but likely a ' reserve' call up

Dunfermline is a bit  dodgy having certainly 3 but maybe 4 (Irving) or 5 (Naismith if he starts and plays well v. ICT)

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

A new work colleague moved up here from down south in the summer. He’s an Ipswich fan but he works with me on a daily basis so he’s took an interest in Hearts. Loves big Christophe. 

Even before last night he was absolutely dumbfounded as to why Craig is playing with us in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.  After every game he’s txt to say we’re so lucky to have him. And he’s absolutely right.

Sounds daft but we’re lucky he had that really bad injury period or he would still be playing at the top level in England or abroad. We’re lucky Celtic made a total arse of it and ****ed him about or he would still be their number 1. And most importantly we’re lucky he was brought up a Jambo! Bet Hibs are gutted he wasn’t of the green persuasion. 

You can tell he’s back in love with football and he’s got years left in him. 

Initials aren't MR?

I worked on a project with a guy from down south too who was Ipswich and loved Christophe.  Don't think he had any intentions in moving to Scotland though and probably closer to retiring anyway.

I think he's a better keeper from working under Rogers.

I also think he's better for us than he was at Celtic because he's not continuously being asked to play the ball short and we've now got a much more rounded keeper than when he was here the first time.

If it was not for Craig we would not be in the final imo, his positional sense is brilliant and his leadership from the back must give the defence so much confidence.

4 hours ago, Shanks said:

I was critical of his return but he’s proven me wrong.  What a result and what a performance :wub:

Hero. 

Why? 

Genuine question btw, as our keepers last season were a bomb scare at best.

I want CG nowhere near the Corrupt Fc squad. 

Keep his form for us and us only. 

Might sound a bit selfish but after what the powers that be have dragged us through over the past few months all I can say to them is, "GO F**** YOURSELVES CLOWNS". 

8 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

I want CG nowhere near the Corrupt Fc squad. 

Keep his form for us and us only. 

Might sound a bit selfish but after what the powers that be have dragged us through over the past few months all I can say to them is, "GO F**** YOURSELVES CLOWNS". 

Get where you’re coming from but I’ll respectfully disagree.  Whether we like it or not, my guess is getting back into contention for the international squad will be important to him (in a similar way to Naismith).  It’s healthy and understandable for that to be a core aim for a professional. I’d be proud and pleased to see him in a Scotland jersey again (as a hearts player) we all know he’d be an asset to the squad. 
Obviously I’d be most pleased to see him lift the Scottish cup for us of course! 

18Jambo_dave74

Absolutely love having him back at the club. Just feels right. Can see how much he loves being back home as well.

Hopefully he’ll join fellow legend Rudi in holding 2 Scottish Cup winners medals with Hearts. 

“Quadruple treble”” right in front of popcorn’s face as he walks off at end of Final after Hearts beating Celtic. 
With his Cheeky smiling face. 
can’t wait. 

And he’s not praying!
On 31/10/2020 at 20:11, chester copperpot said:

When he made that save first half, my jaw dropped. Only better saves ive seen in a Hearts jersey have been 

Henry Smith v Tommy Corner

Craig Gordon v Sparta Prague at Murrayfield

You never seen Niemis at Parkhead then.

Easily the best save I’ve ever seen a Hearts keeper make.

Edited by And he’s not praying!

Presumably he'll just miss East Fife away on the 10th? As long as he's back for the 20th, healthy and uninjured, then fine. 

Doubt he'll play, anyway. 

Think as mentioned he'd only miss East Fife in the league cup group match. Smith and Boyce will likely miss that as well but I would imagine others can step up for a game

The only game he’d miss would be East Fife away. Given we’ve basically already qualified and Stewart has already played a cup game, I’m sure it’s not a problem. 

On 01/11/2020 at 08:43, Stokesy said:

Spot on. If we had Gordon in goals last season we wouldn't have been demoted.

And we would have won the cup!

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

If he’s in the squad great for him but that’ll mean he misses games for us which doesn’t bear thinking about

Only East Fife on 10th.

Scotland play in Israel on 18th, with us playing Dunfermline on 20th.  Sure he will be back in time.

NI are in Belfast on 18th too.

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Only East Fife on 10th.

Scotland play in Israel on 18th, with us playing Dunfermline on 20th.  Sure he will be back in time.

NI are in Belfast on 18th too.

Misses Cup Final with Covid. Its a dead cert.

Celtic players will be breathing all over him.

Edited by colinmaroon

Ainsley Harriott
On 01/11/2020 at 14:16, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Why? 

Genuine question btw, as our keepers last season were a bomb scare at best.

I was the same think I was dubious about the fact he was the age he is and had the injuries he had. Delighted to say I was wrong

Great news for him and the club. After only 5 games too. 

You can tell he’s had that bit extra motivation to prove the doubters wrong and he’ll now want to prove he’s worthy of a starting place. If Scotland manage to get to the Euros I can see his performances for us getting even better. (If that’s possible)

Also it lets any potential signings in January know that just because we’re in the championship it won’t hinder chances of international call ups. 

Nelly Terraces
11 hours ago, indianajones said:

I'd rather he not to be honest. 

Likewise. Increases his chances of injury & Covid. Pity he hasn’t actually retired from International football.

On 01/11/2020 at 08:58, Vlad Magic said:

His grin to team mates after his worldly save ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Even he new it should have gone in 😂😂

Craig Gordon Banks.

His smile after he made that world is tremendous. He just knew he pulled of a remarkable save and it was almost like a bit of self congratulation. 

We’ve been so lucky to have so many amazing keepers. Henry, Giles and Niemi were stand out but CG is world class. I remember seeing him winning us the U18 cup final against Rangers 20 years ago. World class then. World class now 

26 minutes ago, stuweb54 said:

We’ve been so lucky to have so many amazing keepers. Henry, Giles and Niemi were stand out but CG is world class. I remember seeing him winning us the U18 cup final against Rangers 20 years ago. World class then. World class now 

Niemi was world class I’d say.

On 02/11/2020 at 23:08, Stendelnator said:

The only game he’d miss would be East Fife away. Given we’ve basically already qualified and Stewart has already played a cup game, I’m sure it’s not a problem. 

Agree, Stewart looked very solid too.