• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• milky_26

• A_A wehatethehibs

• 1971fozzy

Mid Calder Jambo
17 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Just remember popcorn teeth getting rid of him and spunking however many millions on barkas. They could have had the best keeper in Scotland but bought some huddy

:lenny: :10900::10900::10900::10900::10900:

Tennant's  6's
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He'll be in goals for more than a few seasons.

Yeah, then he can go and emulate zino doff, or even dino zoff 😂😂

From my Celtic supporting acquaintance after I asked him politely why they let him go. 

"**** ragin and most on the Celtic forums saying the same. NL was let down by Forster when he thought he had him. Big loss for us"

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's him just played himself into the next Scotland squad.

TBH I don't want him near the Coro Squad.

9 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

When he made that save first half, my jaw dropped. Only better saves ive seen in a Hearts jersey have been 

Henry Smith v Tommy Corner

Craig Gordon v Sparta Prague at Murrayfield

The Sparta Prague one was ridiculous no once no twice but three times 

1 hour ago, Aaron78 said:

Bang on. The most important player in our squad by a country mile. We're half a dozen games into the season and he's already made a number of world class saves. He said when he left us originally he wanted to come back and finish his career with us and I'm delighted he's done that very thing... 

I agree.  He can be worth 10-15 points for us in a season, unlike the previous incumbent, who probably cost us that many points.  If we'd had him in goals last season, we would have been nowhere near being relegated.

His face at the end made me smile . This meant everything to him and Robbie.

If we had poppadom hands or Bobby in goals today that’s a defeat all day long. Having CG is a gift

Edited by 1971fozzy

50 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

As a boy, I vaguely remember being taken to see Cruickshank.

But Henry was my hero in my formative years, always thought he'd remain my hero.

And he still was, even with Rousset, Niemi.

But now, even at my age, I may just have a new hero!

Henry was a cult hero but nowhere near the quality of Roussett, Noemi etc

love big H don’t get me wrong but he was nowhere near the quality of those mentioned or CG.

Craig Gordon is a massive asset to Hearts. Not many clubs have the luxury of having a top notch keeper that give 100% for the team. CG, world class saves and a heart of maroon😀

I was genuinely astonished when Hibs actually scored and that is a mark of how good big Craig is. We should have paid to get him in January and we wouldn't have been thrown out of the league but just so happy he is now our guy again. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Henry was a cult hero but nowhere near the quality of Roussett, Noemi etc

love big H don’t get me wrong but he was nowhere near the quality of those mentioned or CG.

Spot on, loved Henry, but he was not in the same league as Niemi or Gordon

Is it just me, I thought the big man was close to tears at the MoM presentation at the end of the match. I think he is one of us through and through ♥️

Fitzroy Pointon

I absolutely love the man. 

More world class saves in three weeks than Zlamal, Doyle and the Phantom managed in two years. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

More world class saves in three weeks than Zlamal, Doyle and the Phantom managed in two years. 

He'll certainly earn us a few points this season. 

7 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Is it just me, I thought the big man was close to tears at the MoM presentation at the end of the match. I think he is one of us through and through ♥️

I wonder if he had just been told about zal?

Robbie said he found out just before kickoff

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Eno said:

Outstanding.

No way we were winning that with any of last years keepers!

you could have put our last 3 keepers in goal all together today and they still wouldn't have made any saves  there is only one Craig Gordon :rifle:

16 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Thought so too. Just about made me greet as well

17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

that’s bang on. Absolutely bang on

20 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

One of the best players to have ever played for the club. 

£9m and we have him back. And he’s loving being back.  Perfect.

he will be our best signing in god knows how many years. A true jambo legend. Love the big man

A_A wehatethehibs

Look at the sparkle in his eyes. Playing for the club he always dreamed he would play for again

Unquestionably Scotland's #1 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

£9m and we have him back. And he’s loving being back.  Perfect.

he will be our best signing in god knows how many years. A true jambo legend. Love the big man

He is still worth 9m today. Chelsea, Real, Milan Man United, 50 60 70 million for keepers, they will not get a better one than Gordon. 

A_A wehatethehibs

image.png.93ec8ed1e61fa72ecd7b0b2fe6bb1008.png

This is the moment Nisbet missed that extra time penalty. 28 minutes in after the save of the season.

You'll have to do better than that pal

IMO - get this image blown up on the gable end at the Main Stand. Needs to be on a big flag for the final 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

A keeper is the 'drummer' of a football team. No decent band is worth shit without a good one and no football team is worth shit without a good keeper.

Gordon is one safe pair of hands and to me the guy is as good as Ringo.

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

image.png.93ec8ed1e61fa72ecd7b0b2fe6bb1008.png

This is the moment Nisbet missed that extra time penalty. 28 minutes in after the save of the season.

You'll have to do better than that pal

IMO - get this image blown up on the gable end at the Main Stand. Needs to be on a big flag for the final 

That was after he made the save from Nisbet's header.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A keeper is the 'drummer' of a football team. No decent band is worth shit without a good one and no football team is worth shit without a good keeper.

Glad to see you being positive i8. No, I haven't been to bed yet.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That was after he made the save from Nisbet's header.

That's what I mean. Smiled right at him. Nisbet looked round and saw that smile thinking how did that not go in. Got in his head for the penalty 80 minutes later. intimidated him

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That's what I mean. Smiled right at him. Nisbet looked round and saw that smile thinking how did that not go in. Got in his head for the penalty 80 minutes later. intimidated him

Ah sorry, thought you were saying it was after the pen. I saw the smile at the time and loved it!

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Ah sorry, thought you were saying it was after the pen. I saw the smile at the time and loved it!

I think Nisbet's scoring form will go off the cliff now, every time he plays he'll be distracted by thoughts of Craig Gordon's handsome smile. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think Nisbet's scoring form will go off the cliff now, every time he plays he'll be distracted by thoughts of Craig Gordon's handsome smile. 

Their great hope was a signing from Dunfermline. Outdone by a previously tagged dud from Dundee.

He’s the reason we are in the final simple as that,   just goes to show what a great piece of business it was bringing him back. We are definitely on the right track onwards and upwards.

+1 goal start as a minimum every game that CG starts. The confidence having someone so immense between the sticks will be huge to the team this season. 

Awesome. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Craig is the Bonzo of goalkeepers. Ringo is the Zibi of drummers. 

Sorry, but although I agree with your analogy, Ringo is pish and has got the luckiest man to ever grace music. 

Anyway 

:fth: