Ex Motherwell players

Diadora Van Basten

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Your memory is working quite well (better than mine !!)    Just checked on London Hearts - Sandy scored 2 for Rangers, the other is down as an og by Gauld.  That game at Cappielow was the first (and possibly only ?) time Clark and Bone played together - 1 of them came on as a sub I think.

I’m sure Sandy wants that goal more than Stuart Gauld! 😂

I think I remember Bone and Clark on the same park in a 3-2 win at Love Street. Clark got 2 and I think Bone got the other after a flick on by Big Roddy (if not JB it was a flick on by him to Roddy)

Edited by Shaggy2

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m sure Sandy wants that goal more than Stuart Gauld! 😂

I think I remember Bone and Clark on the same park in a 3-2 win at Love Street. Clark got 2 and I think Bone got the other after a flick on by Big Roddy (if not JB it was a flick on by him to Roddy)

Right again !!   According to London Hearts, it was 2 for Clark and one for Bone.  Jimmy scored his last goal for Hearts 2 months later in a 5-1 win over Dumbarton (Sandy score that day too) - so I was way wrong in thinking they only overlapped once or twice.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 00:51, SectionDJambo said:

Double signing along with Derek Addison. Wallace then found Hearts couldn’t afford the deal and Jim McLean got stuck into us, and expected action from the SFA.

The club that came to our rescue were, believe it or not, Celtic. Desmond White said that he wouldn’t expect Hearts to pay the outstanding fee for Roddy McDonald until we had cleared our feet financially. He said he thought it more important that a big club to Scottish football, like Hearts, should be helped to the benefit of the league.

I'm pretty sure Jim Mclean was either wanted or approached by Mercer for the manager's job. Hearts were in a right mess at the time or Mclean could've been at Hearts in the early 80s instead of MacDonald. Another one I read or heard about was that Alex Ferguson would've been interested in a crack at Hearts at some stage. All many years ago, decades!

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

hibs🤣, like that

Wasnae jokin either! Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee Utd were seen as the top five clubs in the 80s. All had cracks at European glory, or at the very least, attempts at it. Hibs, who were managed by Alex Miller then were always happy just to avoid relegation almost every season. Mid-table was seen as a good effort.

So Make Some Noise..
On 25/10/2020 at 10:24, Smith's right boot said:

Give Frear a chance before putting the boot into him. 

Absolutely this. This place is an utter shambles, writing someone off after one poor game on a lumpy and bumpy pitch at a ground that's the most open to the offshore elements in Europe. Hardly fantastic conditions for a winger and may have something to do with why our attacking play was non-existing.

But then again, maybe I'm just a apologist / excuse maker and everything and everyone involved with Heart's is shite.

Support the ******* team for christ sake.

11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'm pretty sure Jim Mclean was either wanted or approached by Mercer for the manager's job. Hearts were in a right mess at the time or Mclean could've been at Hearts in the early 80s instead of MacDonald. Another one I read or heard about was that Alex Ferguson would've been interested in a crack at Hearts at some stage. All many years ago, decades!

Wasnae jokin either! Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee Utd were seen as the top five clubs in the 80s. All had cracks at European glory, or at the very least, attempts at it. Hibs, who were managed by Alex Miller then were always happy just to avoid relegation almost every season. Mid-table was seen as a good effort.

spot on .

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m pretty sure Sandy Clark scored a hat-trick for Rangers in the LC game you mention. 

Clark arrived at Hearts in October 1984 and debuted v Morton at Cappielow. Funnily enough, Pettigrew had played FOR Morton at Tynecastle earlier that season and I’m sure they won 2-1 iirc.

Think there was only something like 5000 at that game & we took very few through as it was a dead rubber game. I went & agree, we were pish!

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Absolutely this. This place is an utter shambles, writing someone off after one poor game on a lumpy and bumpy pitch at a ground that's the most open to the offshore elements in Europe. Hardly fantastic conditions for a winger and may have something to do with why our attacking play was non-existing.

But then again, maybe I'm just a apologist / excuse maker and everything and everyone involved with Heart's is shite.

Support the ******* team for christ sake.

😂😂👍

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Right again !!   According to London Hearts, it was 2 for Clark and one for Bone.  Jimmy scored his last goal for Hearts 2 months later in a 5-1 win over Dumbarton (Sandy score that day too) - so I was way wrong in thinking they only overlapped once or twice.

I ♥️ The 80’s, as they say. Also the very early 90’s. Unfortunately I started drinking at games around that time and a lot of brain cells have gone! 🍺🤦‍♂️