Mcgill

steve123

Threads about a few players tonight but I thought he was fantastic for such a young lad, had never heard of him before this season 👍👍

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Threads about a few players tonight but I thought he was fantastic for such a young lad, had never heard of him before this season 👍👍

Thought he done really well showed good composure on the ball and tried to play the ball on the deck .

Hopefully keeps improving

Footballfirst

It's only in the last couple of seasons that he was moved into midfield. He was a winger in his earlier years at the academy. 

I was really impressed by him tonight, worked hard and kept it simple. 

Edited by Footballfirst

CornhillHearts
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

I would go as far to say he might just be ahead of Cochrane right now 

Exactly my thoughts, composed and making all the right decisions, very impressed with him tonight.

Rosewell Hearts

Scott Mcgill been with hearts since 9 year old top talent two footed great technical abilities and great core strength,great young talent and a big hearts supporter to.Has all the attributes to be a top footballer.

A pleasant surprise, a young player thrown in and looked confident and composed on the ball. 👍 I’m a bit miffed that Connor Smith has been loaned out this year. 

Excellent tonight, so confident on the ball.  Cochrane looked like that in the Celtic game but hasn't progressed since.  Big future for Mcgill. 

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Different kind of midfielder to the others we have, looks like he'll go anywhere on the pitch to show for a pass

Funny, first half against Cowdenbeath, I felt he kept backing himself into positions where he was covered while we were in possession at the back.

Didn't think he was hiding but his positional awareness definitely seemed lacking. Was obviously being over critical going on the reports from tonight.

7 minutes ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Scott Mcgill been with hearts since 9 year old top talent two footed great technical abilities and great core strength,great young talent and a big hearts supporter to.Has all the attributes to be a top footballer.

Great, encouraging post.  Big Hearts supporter.  Love it.

Best of luck to him.

Stendel'sGorgieArmy

Some good praise from Robbie after the game as well. Perfect opportunity this season to get him some game time and push him on. 

14 minutes ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Good to hear 👍

Tennant's  6's

If we're playing with 2 CM, I'd have McGill & Irving together, at least until Haring & Halliday are in contention for a starting place. 

Really good kn the ball, was always making himself available & seems to have the physique to cope with playing aswell. 

I like him, makes it look easy.

Cochrane also played well tonight.

Thought the 2 of them played well together in first half.

McGill looked like he took a knock before being subbed.

Great young player with a maroon and white future ahead of him. Let's hope that Neilson finds a way to improve his skills as well so that he can become an long term asset for the club (and not be tempted to go down South/ to Europe before I'm back at Tynecastle).

Thought he has looked really impressive in his performances so far, but definitely a bit raw. Would benefit from more game time now, but without too much pressure on him. I’d be looking to get him loaned out for the season, ideally to League 1 where he can gain experience and come back even better. I have high hopes from what I’ve seen so far.

42 minutes ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Exactly what I want to hear and the type of player that I want coming through the club. Gorgie as ****. Very impressed with him in the opening 2 games that he has played 

As said in commentary.... He makes a pass and keeps moving.  Gets stuck in and makes himself available for the ball.  Like him a lot.  He and Harry formed good partnership. Would like to see that progressing.  And we still have Irving.

Exactly what you want to see from a youngster. Liked his constant movement and desire to show for passes all the time. Feel like at this level players too often make a pass then switch off. Hopefully we’ll see more from the lad and the other kids this season. Great opportunity for them. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Nice first touch, head is up quite a bit, which I love to see with midfielders. Not afraid to take on an opposition player either.

Imagine if Brandon or White could learn how to judge distance between their feet and the closest enemy player when running with the ball.

️           🚑

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I like him, makes it look easy.

Cochrane also played well tonight.

Thought the 2 of them played well together in first half.

McGill looked like he took a knock before being subbed.

Agreed, both really good in first half.

I like him. As others have said, good passer and constantly moving. As a team, too many players seem to just stand around at times. Players with energy like McGill make a difference. 

Good time for young guys to get experience and settle into a team with a specific style of play without our crowd in there baying for blood after 30 seconds. 

Its interesting, I was listening to radio on car the other day and presenter was quoting Arsene Wegner saying if kids don't have ball control etc by 14 then they will really struggle to make it in game.

Energy is a huge asset.  Have to say that McGinn has it in spades.  So did Hartley.

Keep it up young man and you will be giving yourself every chance of success.

8 hours ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Good to hear 👍🏻

Looks to be in the Andy Irving mould of always wanting the ball, making himself available for a pass and not scared to take the ball. Looked way ahead of Cochrane. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No way Loic Damour will be infront  of either McGill or Cochrane 

Is he injured?

10 hours ago, steve123 said:

I'd never heard of him before Saturday!

10 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Different kind of midfielder to the others we have, looks like he'll go anywhere on the pitch to show for a pass

10 hours ago, geomac said:

Used both feet well - passed to his own team - thumbs up

This is what impressed me, no showboating, two-footed, mobile, athletic. If he's old enough to get on a long term contract then we should be doing that right now.

Borders Jambo

Thought he was excellent.  Looked far older than his years in terms of composure.

Hopefully we now have a management team who will nurture the undoubted talent we have coming through

10 hours ago, Rosewell Hearts said:

Hi Scott's dad

Rosewell Hearts
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Hi Scott's dad

No just a hearts supporter for many year’s,

scott has quietly went about his football for hearts,a modest lad who a believe will be a top player for us 👍

Mcgill has made a good start to his Hearts career looks confident on the ball kept it moving and even made a few challenges in midfield also lots of energy.

Time will tell whether he will continue to improve and continue to take his chance. We have had a few burst onto the scene and not develop any further. Fingers crossed Mcgill will be different. 

These young lads will be noticed by bigger clubs it’s up to Hearts to give these Lads a very good deal with bonuses.

Edited by mitch41

jamboinglasgow

Was pleased he looked so comfortable in midfield. Did everything he needed to do and showed that he is an option there for Neilson.