Top Posters In This Topic

• Angel eyes

• dannymack

• Maroon Sailor

• PortyBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, dannymack said:

East of Scotland Shield, Mitre football, back row,  Robertson, O'Connor, Sutherland, McReight. 

I wonder what was going on that day of the photo shoot ? 

20230303_181846.jpg

20230303_183445.jpg

20230303_182805.jpg

20230303_184142.jpg

Ahh, 1982.

It wasn't a good time for the club but I was 14 and loved being a Hearts fan.

The hardest support in Scotland, feared no one and that East of Scotland Shield came via a brilliant 1-2 win at Hibs in October 1981.

We beat Meadowbank 5-0 at Tynecastle on a cold night in the New Year of 82, iirc.

I have fantastic memories of that time, even if results could sometimes be horrific. 😊

Percival King
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Ahh, 1982.

It wasn't a good time for the club but I was 14 and loved being a Hearts fan.

The hardest support in Scotland, feared no one and that East of Scotland Shield came via a brilliant 1-2 win at Hibs in October 1981.

We beat Meadowbank 5-0 at Tynecastle on a cold night in the New Year of 82, iirc.

I have fantastic memories of that time, even if results could sometimes be horrific. 😊

And the club was so concerned about the behaviour of the young fans that the only boys gate was for the Gorgie Road end, penned all the youngsters in there, couldn't get into the home end unless it was through the Father & Son gate (seems odd now thinking that it was called the Father & Son gate but that was the time we lived in).

14 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

20230303_202459.jpg.8dd014a8095b0b5ef52557ab1e1dc10e.jpg

Hard to believe Jimmy Wardhaugh died within a year of Willie Bauld. Both before the age of 50.

I was at the East Fife match the day Jimmy died on his way home from it.

Tragic for both of them and their families. Two Tynecastle icons, for sure.

Great photo - do you know when this was and the score in this match, MS?

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Tragic for both of them and their families. Two Tynecastle icons, for sure.

Great photo - do you know when this was and the score in this match, MS?

It could be the 1956 Scottish Cup match when Hearts won 4-0

15 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Couldn't see Parky at all.

Being honest, I still can't :lol:

I can see wee Donalds face, but the hair had me for a moment. I don’t recall ever seeing him with such wild/long hair.

48 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It could be the 1956 Scottish Cup match when Hearts won 4-0

Yes, that was a resounding win! My Dad was at the game (and the Final v Celtic) and used to wax lyrical about the performance.

He also maintained Hearts didn’t concede a goal in that cup run as he felt Willie Duff was fouled by a Celtic player and that their “goal” shouldn’t have stood.

I’ve watched it a few times now, and given the rules back then and despite the dodgy camerawork, I’m not convinced he was right! He remained adamant though!

N Lincs Jambo
21 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Cracking set of Pics, Danny

Is the Ibrox one, the 3-0 in Sept '73?

Derby crowd is a bit sparse.

Derby crowd in pic 9? Looking at that photo and also with being in b/w, I'm not sure it is a derby match (unless it's an EOSS match?). It might be against someone like Stirling Albion who wore that style of shirt but in red. Having said that I wouldn't put my house on it.

Maroon Sailor
4 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes, that was a resounding win! My Dad was at the game (and the Final v Celtic) and used to wax lyrical about the performance.

He also maintained Hearts didn’t concede a goal in that cup run as he felt Willie Duff was fouled by a Celtic player and that their “goal” shouldn’t have stood.

I’ve watched it a few times now, and given the rules back then and despite the dodgy camerawork, I’m not convinced he was right! He remained adamant though!

It can't have happened too often either that a team beat both Rangers and Celtic to win the Scottish cup.

36 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It can't have happened too often either that a team beat both Rangers and Celtic to win the Scottish cup.

Absolutely. Yet another thing I recall my Dad speaking about!

I remember reading Albert Mackie’s book, “The Hearts” where he describes the elation that followed when the team paraded the Cup. “How Edinburgh blew her dignified top…how her reserved citizens flipped their immaculate lids.” 

DCBC7359-C5CC-4710-9539-0C49D9228DCB.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2023 at 20:24, Heart&soul said:

This came up on a random Twitter site asking people to name which ground it is. A few thought it was Valley Parade (until they noticed the Castle). Thought I’d share it as it’s an unusual shot - not a picture of Tynecastle I’ve seen before. 

890BBB88-7C3A-4C8F-9512-BC241F703CEC.jpeg

IMG_20230323_113655.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

• 2 weeks later...

Hearts BP Youth Cup Winners 1993. Back row, left to right, Paul Ritchie, Grant Murray, Roddy McKenzie, Myles Hogarth, Alan McManus, David Murie. Front Row, Colin Walker Gary Locke, Paul Weatherston, Mark Bradley, Stuart Callaghan.

b25lY21zOjFmYjhmMTMxLTlmMWUtNGFmZS1iZTg1LWI4YjYxYTNkNzFhYToyMjc3MWM2NC1kNTJkLTRiYWEtODY1MS1lNjZhMzZlOGI4NmM=.jpg

periodictabledancer
On 07/04/2023 at 15:44, Angel eyes said:

2-B078-B95-34-AB-4-DF5-9-D73-A3-FBD5836-
just features Hearts 

That's from around 1974 . Carlisle were in the top division in England and went top after winning their first 3 or 4 games. 

• 1 month later...