**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

On talksports european roundup show last night Hickey was singled out as their player of the week, pointed out that he's the first Scot since Souness in 84/85 to reach 5 Serie A goals in a season, 1 more goal and he'll only be behind Denis Law for Serie A goals in a season  

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

GlasgoJambo

Result of the week has to be Empoli coming from 2 nil down to beat Napoli 3-2. Liam Henderson with the first of their goals after 80 mins.

Napoli keeper with a total gift too!

Love games like that though as it’s what makes football amazing. Cruising with the result in the bag and then momentum just turns in an instant.

One for the dreamers.

Montgomery Brewster
7 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Result of the week has to be Empoli coming from 2 nil down to beat Napoli 3-2. Liam Henderson with the first of their goals after 80 mins.

Napoli keeper with a total gift too!

Love games like that though as it’s what makes football amazing. Cruising with the result in the bag and then momentum just turns in an instant.

One for the dreamers.

Superb result and ends Napoli’s outside title charge. 

Still in Inters hands - win the remaining games and the ️ Stars will be getting embroidered onto the badge for the 20th title 😀

GlasgoJambo
4 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Superb result and ends Napoli’s outside title charge. 

Still in Inters hands - win the remaining games and the ️ Stars will be getting embroidered onto the badge for the 20th title 😀

Been a good title fight. Looked like Milan had the momentum for a while but yes in Inter’s hands now.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 22/04/2022 at 10:05, johnking123 said:

Was told it was a percentage. But we don't want it to get out how much we get. Amazing how the price of a player jumps up if they think you have money! 

imagine it was 20%+ 😂😂

Perth to Paisley

At tonights FoH update Joe Savage confirmed we get a % sell on.. not a fixed amount.

He didn't confirm whether Celtic got anything but he suggested Celtic were mainly responsible for his development which to me suggested they did which is not unexpected.

As the % is commercially sensitive no figure was discussed.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

At tonights FoH update Joe Savage confirmed we get a % sell on.. not a fixed amount.

He didn't confirm whether Celtic got anything but he suggested Celtic were mainly responsible for his development which to me suggested they did which is not unexpected.

Glad that's been confirmed, when has a sell on fee ever been a fixed sum?

I'm confident Celtic will get 30% of any money we get in relation to Hickey, it would be mental if their lawyers didn't word the sale agreement that way.

49 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I think McKinlay previously said that Celtic do not get any thing from future transfers possibly at the same meeting as when he said about a six figure sum

2 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

McKinlay didn't say anything about % or Celtic.

He did at another meeting previously.  Think it was a shareholders association dinner. 

9 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

McKinlay didn't say anything about % or Celtic.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He did at another meeting previously.  Think it was a shareholders association dinner. 

Yes the same one as when he mentioned the infamous six figure sum

Bazzas right boot
On 24/04/2022 at 21:44, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

The kid is incredible! WHAT a finish. Hearing the crowd chanting 'Hickey' afterwards is something else. They absolutely love him! I know we could profit if he moves this summer, etc etc... but I actually hope he stays at Bologna and keeps banging 'em in - it's a joy to behold!

I hope he goes for as much as possible to the highest bidder! 

:munny:

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I hope he goes for as much as possible to the highest bidder! 

:munny:

Me too bonus if he also gets him self a nice club where he is happy and settled but it is money first for me

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me too bonus if he also gets him self a nice club where he is happy and settled but it is money first for me

Aye, he could sign for adolf Putin  shipman Utd, if it was for £100m. 🤷‍♂️

August Landmesser

Bologna currently beating Inter 2-1, absolute calamity from the Inter keeper for second goal, 

On 25/04/2022 at 21:28, Perth to Paisley said:

He did say we'd get a percentage of the fee, but he didn't say it wasn't a fixed amount.  A fixed amount is still a percentage of the fee, it just becomes a smaller percentage the higher the fee goes.

I was there and was wishing afterwards that I'd followed that question up just to be absolutely clear that when he said we'd get a percentage of the fee, he meant we have a fixed percentage sell on clause, so the higher the fee the more we get.

Perth to Paisley
10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

He did say we'd get a percentage of the fee, but he didn't say it wasn't a fixed amount.  A fixed amount is still a percentage of the fee, it just becomes a smaller percentage the higher the fee goes.

I was there and was wishing afterwards that I'd followed that question up just to be absolutely clear that when he said we'd get a percentage of the fee, he meant we have a fixed percentage sell on clause, so the higher the fee the more we get.

See what you are saying but given how the question was cleverly posed I think that he meant a fixed percentage of a variable transfer fee rather than variable percentage of a variable transfer fee.

Hope/expect it to be the former

8 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

See what you are saying but given how the question was cleverly posed I think that he meant a fixed percentage of a variable transfer fee rather than variable percentage of a variable transfer fee.

Hope/expect it to be the former

I hope so too, my glass is maybe a bit half empty on this point.  I just wish he'd said we have a percentage sell on clause as that would have removed any nagging doubts in my mind.

Italian Lambretta

Youve got to think that Hickey will be nominated for Young Player of the Year award and quite possibly, Player of the Year.

Perth to Paisley
33 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Youve got to think that Hickey will be nominated for Young Player of the Year award and quite possibly, Player of the Year.

Definitely not the PoY

Young player, maybe but I'm guessing in Italy young is up to age 23!

That being the case he won't be on the list.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems hes staying where he is (Yes I know, it's the Daily rangers):

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-hickey-shrugs-ac-milan-26809416

Two things ................

1- Well done in netting goal of the season five years on the bounce Aaron a particularly impressive feat for someone whos been there for such a short period of time 

2- Would we still get a sell on fee if he signed a renewed contract with Bologna and then moved on later

I think that's a very wise decision if he stays. He seems to be in a place that's very good for his development and his big money move will come, just a little further down the line IMO.

A new contract and assuming he kicks on again next season will see us net even more money than if he was to leave this summer.

51 minutes ago, Homme said:

I think that's a very wise decision if he stays. He seems to be in a place that's very good for his development and his big money move will come, just a little further down the line IMO.

A new contract and assuming he kicks on again next season will see us net even more money than if he was to leave this summer.

If he doesn’t sign a new contract we might be in bother.

Always remember the transfer fees being quoted for Ryan Fraser only for him to leave on a free transfer. Pretty sure the sheep had a good sell on clause as well.

johnking123

Decent bid and he will be away. Just the normal players chat. If bologna get £30 million bid. They going to turn it down!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Two things ................

1- Well done in netting goal of the season five years on the bounce Aaron a particularly impressive feat for someone whos been there for such a short period of time 

2- Would we still get a sell on fee if he signed a renewed contract with Bologna and then moved on later

2- yeah defo.  If you think about it, if a new contract cancelled a sell-on, clubs could contravene it really easily - new contract after one week type stuff....

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Decent bid and he will be away. Just the normal players chat. If bologna get £30 million bid. They going to turn it down!

Agreed.  However, him saying he wants to stay and I think certainly from outside looking it, genuinely in no rush to leave and in a good place, and you'd think they're in no rush to sell, means it'll take a sizeable fee.

If this boy wasn't Scottish and wasn't ex-Hearts, you wouldn't be surprised to see a £30M fee.  Not at all outlandish for how well the lad has done.  No reason it wouldn't be approaching that kind of figure imo.  Arsenal paid £20m for the Japanese lad from Bologna who hadn't had the impact Hickey has had at this age.  Does he not also tick a homegrown box for English clubs??  Not sure on that these days.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

2- yeah defo.  If you think about it, if a new contract cancelled a sell-on, clubs could contravene it really easily - new contract after one week type stuff....

Agreed.  However, him saying he wants to stay and I think certainly from outside looking it, genuinely in no rush to leave and in a good place, and you'd think they're in no rush to sell, means it'll take a sizeable fee.

If this boy wasn't Scottish and wasn't ex-Hearts, you wouldn't be surprised to see a £30M fee.  Not at all outlandish for how well the lad has done.  No reason it wouldn't be approaching that kind of figure imo.  Arsenal paid £20m for the Japanese lad from Bologna who hadn't had the impact Hickey has had at this age.  Does he not also tick a homegrown box for English clubs??  Not sure on that these days.

: - )

troonmaroon
On 27/04/2022 at 21:52, RobNox said:

It's a pity no one asked that whilst there might technically be a %, is there also a cap/ max amount... (ie x% of first y £m, for example... ) 😏

Story mentions the fixed fee for hearts rather than a sell on clause. Better than nothing but still would be an epic fail not to have negotiated a sell on percentage 

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Story mentions the fixed fee for hearts rather than a sell on clause. Better than nothing but still would be an epic fail not to have negotiated a sell on percentage 

I am not buying this fixed fee stuff

Anyone know if we get a sell on?

Not sure if its been discussed.

On a serious note. £18m my hoop. Bologna will want more. Boy's being talked about as a top European talent. Guys like thon everton fb, Targett, Cash all getting traded around for that kind of fee. Bologna themselves sold a lad for £20m to Arsenal last year, good player but was he regarded same as Hickey?

You're getting a 19yo with 100 games or thereabouts of top level football incl serie a, Scottish cup finals, internationals, can already slot in like seasoned pro into 4 or 5 positions at that top level. In todays market, i think hes past £18m. Hes also in no rush to leave and doubt theyve any great need to sell. Might be wrong of course but seems this way to me.

Dare i say it but might he be potentially even better than Robertson and Tierney...

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Does he think that Celtic will get a percentage of the fixed fee?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I am not buying this fixed fee stuff

Reminds me of the story about Robert snodgrass when he left Livvy and was offered an extra 25k up front instead of a sell on clause which could them plenty

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Anyone know if we get a sell on?

Not sure if its been discussed.

On a serious note. £18m my hoop. Bologna will want more. Boy's being talked about as a top European talent. Guys like thon everton fb, Targett, Cash all getting traded around for that kind of fee. Bologna themselves sold a lad for £20m to Arsenal last year, good player but was he regarded same as Hickey?

You're getting a 19yo with 100 games or thereabouts of top level football incl serie a, Scottish cup finals, internationals, can already slot in like seasoned pro into 4 or 5 positions at that top level. In todays market, i think hes past £18m. Hes also in no rush to leave and doubt theyve any great need to sell. Might be wrong of course but seems this way to me.

Dare i say it but might he be potentially even better than Robertson and Tierney...

The worst case is he runs down his Bologna contract and goes for a cut price fee or nothing 

If he extends this season I see nothing but a huge fee in the future. 

Regarding the sell on fee - is it fixed it a %, do Celtic get a %? 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****