MAFIA - Scottish Football: Trust no one - GAME THREAD

Shapes

Welcome to February 2021 - Hearts are coasting at the top of the championship having not lost a single game. The feel good factor is back in Gorgie. But unfortunately, so is the 3rd wave of Coronavirus. Having played throughout the winter, Doncaster has now decided that teams can no longer play. Nobody really knows why, but he's decided there should be a vote on whether to null and void the season in all leagues. Celtic, sitting in 2nd place in the scottish premiership, are right up for this and Lawwell is leading the charge in getting teams to vote for it.  Unfortunately for him, a lot of folk don't find this fair and think the leagues should be called with titles and promotions. The good chairmen of the leagues, with a little help from some familiar faces, are determined to put a stop to the goons and their behaviour. Others are either out for themselves, or looking to team up with the goons. 

Will Hearts lift the championship title and gain promotion? Or will the goons stop them in their tracks?

roles:

Goons 3- Neil Doncaster, Rod Petrie, Peter Lawwell. I mean these guys need no introduction do they? A combination of evil forces from the SPFL & SFA. They are out to cause as much damage as possible to hearts promotion fight and are out to kill off all the chairmen of teams that have voted with Hearts

Cop - Jacqui Low.  A good pal of Ann's now after the clubs having each others back. A year on and she's determined to help fight the good fight still. She will investigate a player every night and the result will be passed on to the masons.

Doc - James Anderson. gets 1 save each night In the night period.  They cannot save the same person two nights in a row

Masons - 2 - Ann Budge & Robbie Neilson. can talk amongst themselves. Will get the result of the cops investigation every night

Assassin - Scott Gardiner. A sleekit wee man who always votes in the way that will benefit him and his team but disguises it as doing things for the greater good. His ICT team are currently sitting in 2nd so he's changed his tune this year and is happy for no promotions and no relegations, but what he'd really like is rid of everyone so that he has free reign over Scottish football.  Has 3 bullets which can be used at any point during day or night. The assassin will be PMd the details to the mafia assassin login and they should post their kills on thread under that account. When I am online I will confirm the kill but after the assassin has posted then that person is out the game e.g. if a person is killed at 8.59pm and they are in the lead for the lynch, then the next person on the list will be killed instead.

Traitor - John Nelms. No explanation needed. This player will start the game as a townie. If the goons try to kill them, rather than die, the turncoat will switch sides and join them. Their PM will say townie. A cop investigation will show good before the switch and bad after the switch.

Chairmen - 6 (regular good guys who have voted for the leagues to be called).

Goons will win if there is not a way for the town to have a majority. 

Town will win once all goons are dead. 
Assassin wins if they are the last remaining roled player.

night activity will be cop, doc, goons, assassin in that order.

I will be using deadlines for this game. First deadline is 9.00pm Monday
Anyone who does not post during the first day will be modkilled.

Anyone who doesn't register a vote will be banned from voting on the next day.

As soon as a lynch happens it is night and no game discussion should take place. 

During night, no gameplay discussion or speculation should take place. Please get all night activity in as soon as possible. 

PM's will be out shortly.

Good Luck Everyone

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Boof

• iantjambo

• Rudi Skacel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone should have a PM but I did leave the house at 6am today and got home at 9pm so, y'know, you might not have one. If you don't then please let me know.

Struggling to remember who all the good chairmen are :lol:

Can I be the Kelty Hearts guy? Sure he'd vote the right way and obviously (well, obvious only to those who are roled as Ann and Robbie at this point in the game) I can't be Ann Budge.

Is Scott Gardiner really a sleekit wee nyaff? Obviously, for this game the JKB Member playing Scott is an upright citizen who should look elsewhere for folk to duff up *laughs nervously*

Anyway - if I was the cop I'd be BS-ing big style but as I'm not I'll just have to BS in my usual waffling style.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Struggling to remember who all the good chairmen are :lol:

Can I be the Kelty Hearts guy? Sure he'd vote the right way and obviously (well, obvious only to those who are roled as Ann and Robbie at this point in the game) I can't be Ann Budge.

Is Scott Gardiner really a sleekit wee nyaff? Obviously, for this game the JKB Member playing Scott is an upright citizen who should look elsewhere for folk to duff up *laughs nervously*

Anyway - if I was the cop I'd be BS-ing big style but as I'm not I'll just have to BS in my usual waffling style.

I was struggling with the assassin role tbh so went with my other half's suggestion. Couldn't think of anyone else so just rolled with it :rofl:

Stuart McNeill
7 hours ago, Boof said:

If John Nelms votes...when does it actually get counted?

Whenever the goons decide or after an inquiry 😂

Id use BS if I were cop but I'm not. Just a chairperson 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Morning all 👍

Just checking in. Out on the golf course later today and then going out for dinner so won't be around too much today but will keep an eye on things where possible.

Would use BS if I was the cop but I'm not 👍

Hi everyone.

Great to back playing. Thanks Shapes for running a game.

I'm back at work but will log in whenever I can. I'm just a chairman, probably the Edinburgh City guy, so I can't use BS, but I would if could. 

Afternoon all :D

Just to confirm that if I was, but I'm not, so I can't, then I'd be probing Marvin in all manner of ways.

So for completeness ....

Vote Marvin :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

vote boof

he has been awfully quiet today so far

Not working from home any more - though with cases on the rise who knows...

Working day now finished so I can get on with important things :D

Like driving home...eating...University Challenge at 8:30...

Not really much of fan of retaliatory voting but will be keeping an eye on things. Won't have my work laptop home so can't do spreadsheeting :( 

But just to get one in,

Vote Dr Sheldon Cooper

That will change if anyone looks like being modkilled (and I get there on time). 

Been on the NC500

Back to the good need the game has officially started!!!

Would use BS. Can’t.

Vote Sheldon as he posted last.

Fully expect a quiet first day.

Just cut the grass and need a beer and left over Chinese for tea.

18 hours ago, Shapes said:

Everyone should have a PM but I did leave the house at 6am today and got home at 9pm so, y'know, you might not have one. If you don't then please let me know.

no pm, goons must have intercepted it

Later to the party this time... Was my birthday yesterday and opened the PM just before bed while steaming and forgot all about it till now :rofl:

Was pretty sure I was a good chairperson and having just checked to make sure I can confirm that's the case 👍

Can't use BS 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I will

Vote Stuart McNeill

Usual day one tactic for me. Boring I know but haven't been able to invest much time into this today. Nothing to go on anyway!

7 minutes ago, Simo said:

Thanks! I (probably) won't vote for you on day 1 now ;)

:lol:

And if you turn out to be a goon I reserve the right to withdraw the good wishes. :D

Also, @Pans Jambo, it's generally not permitted to edit a post with a vote in it. Shapes might let you off for a first offence - other game mods might be a bit stricter.

And you don't need to @ the vote-recipient.

And I think nobody's in danger of a modkill so I'd better find another reason to vote someone.

Any closer to @jambosean75 finding the PM?

Just so the mods and cop don't need to stick their heads above the parapet I'll ask a question that I presume they'd want asked.

With John ***** Nelms showing up as good on first investigation, will every 'good' result need a recheck? Or will you ( @Shapes) give the doc and mason results (if they get checked) as doc and mason? That just leaves 6 folk needing a double check...just!!!

14 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Evening all

vote marvin

Hasnt given us a weather update yet. 

was my first day back at work last monday. I got so used to being on furlough!

Been working most of today and it was a beautiful sunny afternoon ☀️here in Bath and I was stuck in the flat working on my work's laptop.

There you go 😛 

Now then...jambosean is one of the most unreadable players if this game but let's postulate that he's a goon but Shapes sent a PM to the wrong Sean. Unlikely but she did admit tiredness.

Surely if the goon gang saw a PM with the wrong Sean included in the conversation they'd be on the PM blower to Sean to let him know. So for that...Sean's not on my early goon list.

Maybe if the goon gang could let us know if they all received a group PM that would be fine and dandy... :whistling:

And just so's you know...if you're not me or Sean...you're on my goon list. 

And votey time...hold on, I'll post this and have a read.

No, wait...I saw something earlier...

Vote Vlad Magic

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Any closer to @jambosean75 finding the PM?

Just so the mods and cop don't need to stick their heads above the parapet I'll ask a question that I presume they'd want asked.

With John ***** Nelms showing up as good on first investigation, will every 'good' result need a recheck? Or will you ( @Shapes) give the doc and mason results (if they get checked) as doc and mason? That just leaves 6 folk needing a double check...just!!!

John Nelms is a normal chairman until he gets turned by the goons. So he will show up good until then but then bad if investigated after turned. He doesn't know who he is though. He just thinks he's a normal chairman.

I always give results as actual role e.g. doc or mason. I know everyone does it different though.

Vote count coming up now I've eaten

Jaysus...it's (or I'm) bloody slow at posting on the phone.

Of course all the above could be complete hee-haw if Sean actually has received his PM and is just joshing with us...