Jump to content

***Official Bundesliga thread 2020/21***


Locky

Recommended Posts

Kramarić penalty makes it 4-1 to Hoffenheim. 

 

What a totally bizarre game, Bayern just haven't looked in the game at all. 

 

Kramarić has a chance to make it 5 and puts it wide. Full time, pumping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This match reminded me so much like our 4-0 thumping of the unbeatables a couple of years back. 

Really good game today and Hoffenheim missed chances to make it even more convincing. 

6000 fans in attendance too. 😊 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainz sack their coach today following a poor start to the campaign. 2 games in and 2 casualties. 

 

News outlets today reporting that Ralf Rangnick - the fans favourite to take over from Wagner - is very unlikely to take over. He wants a bit of freedom and money to revamp the squad, which the board aren't prepared to give. So, it looks like it's going to be another underwhelming yes man who will be sacked in 6-12 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dortmund always seem to give them a good match.  I'll say a draw 3-3.

 

I noticed today that Bayern are interested in Brighton right back tariq lamptey.  Ex Chelsea, was a great deal, 3 Mill I think. 

Edited by HMFC01
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, farin said:

 

44F4B4F0-F2BC-4F39-BB07-ADB7A5C98DC1.thumb.jpeg.50aa8c56d0760d45a9fa7c1d00ef716b.jpeg

 

Now 0:4. 😳

Union in 2 weeks, followed by BxB away. I can't say I'm shocked. I predicted this already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking end to the Bayern game this afternoon. 4-3 win, Hertha fought back from 2-0 down to level, only to go 3-2 with minutes left. Then they equalised again before losing it at the death. Lewandowski scoring all 4 for Bayern. Much better than the snoozefest that was Wolfsburg 0-0 Augsburg earlier.

 

Results in full this weekend:

Union 4-0 Mainz

Dortmund 3-0 Freiburg

Stuttgart 1-1 Leverkusen

Koln 1-3 Gladbach

Frankfurt 2-1 Hoffenheim

Werder 1-0 Arminia

Leipzig 4-0 Schalke

Wolfsburg 0-0 Augsburg

Bayern 4-3 Hertha

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Locky said:

Cracking end to the Bayern game this afternoon. 4-3 win, Hertha fought back from 2-0 down to level, only to go 3-2 with minutes left. Then they equalised again before losing it at the death. Lewandowski scoring all 4 for Bayern. Much better than the snoozefest that was Wolfsburg 0-0 Augsburg earlier.

 

Results in full this weekend:

Union 4-0 Mainz

Dortmund 4-0 Freiburg

Stuttgart 1-1 Leverkusen

Koln 1-3 Gladbach

Frankfurt 2-1 Hoffenheim

Werder 1-0 Arminia

Leipzig 4-0 Schalke

Wolfsburg 0-0 Augsburg

Bayern 4-3 Hertha

FTFY. :ninja: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2020 at 00:41, Locky said:

Union in 2 weeks, followed by BxB away. I can't say I'm shocked. I predicted this already.

 

Just watched S04 pump Paderborn 5:1 in a test game. 

 

0BA1F3DA-E568-4256-8B72-293505D1055B.thumb.jpeg.265822acbe672b4010cfffc43c62b319.jpeg

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, farin said:

 

Just watched S04 pump Paderborn 5:1 in a test game. 

 

0BA1F3DA-E568-4256-8B72-293505D1055B.thumb.jpeg.265822acbe672b4010cfffc43c62b319.jpeg

 

 

 

A good confidence booster that one hopefully! Good to see a game played in the old Parkstadion too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Locky said:

A good confidence booster that one hopefully! Good to see a game played in the old Parkstadion too.

 

yep, its a great trainings place now..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, farin said:

 

yep, its a great trainings place now..

My first trip over there in 2015, I got a good look around it, but it's had a lot of work done since. Was still a good set up then though too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Why was I so naive to think that Schalke could liven up my weekend after a dismal Hearts performance? 2-0 down to Wolfsburg at half time. Really starting to think that we won't win another game in 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2020 at 15:28, Locky said:

Why was I so naive to think that Schalke could liven up my weekend after a dismal Hearts performance? 2-0 down to Wolfsburg at half time. Really starting to think that we won't win another game in 2020.

 

Appears its all kicking off behind the scenes as well, according to Derek Rae ..

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

 

Appears its all kicking off behind the scenes as well, according to Derek Rae ..

 

 

 

 

An absolute shit show. The club is really in freefall. Getting to a point where relegation might actually be a good thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Exciting weekend in the Bundesliga so far. Borussia Dortmund taking a 5-1 pumping at home to Stuttgart. A result which has saw Lucien Favre finally get his p45. Pochettino seems to be the one many want, but who knows if he'd go to Germany. Julian Nagelsmann also linked, but can't see him leaving Leipzig at this moment in time. Jesse Marsch is the man who I think will get it. Has done well with RB Salzburg, particularly in Europe, and has worked with Haaland too.

 

As for Schalke, it's now 27 matches without a win. 2-1 up at 10-man Augsburg in injury time, and chucked it again. Game took forever to play out after a nasty head injury to Mark Uth in the first half. Still the rot goes on.

 

Wolfsburg still unbeaten, as are Leverkusen who kick off against Hoffenheim shortly. A win will put Bayer top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Locky said:

Exciting weekend in the Bundesliga so far. Borussia Dortmund taking a 5-1 pumping at home to Stuttgart. A result which has saw Lucien Favre finally get his p45. Pochettino seems to be the one many want, but who knows if he'd go to Germany. Julian Nagelsmann also linked, but can't see him leaving Leipzig at this moment in time. Jesse Marsch is the man who I think will get it. Has done well with RB Salzburg, particularly in Europe, and has worked with Haaland too.

 

As for Schalke, it's now 27 matches without a win. 2-1 up at 10-man Augsburg in injury time, and chucked it again. Game took forever to play out after a nasty head injury to Mark Uth in the first half. Still the rot goes on.

 

Wolfsburg still unbeaten, as are Leverkusen who kick off against Hoffenheim shortly. A win will put Bayer top.

Losing a lead to a late goal is always painful but at 90+3 is utterly grim. A further 7 minutes of injury time did my blood pressure no good at all and I was beginning to think that the game was never going to end. Not winning after what ended up being 47 minutes against 10 men? Sigh! Ach weel, SC Freiburg at the Veltins next week and a win is long overdue. 2-1, fingers crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Losing a lead to a late goal is always painful but at 90+3 is utterly grim. A further 7 minutes of injury time did my blood pressure no good at all and I was beginning to think that the game was never going to end. Not winning after what ended up being 47 minutes against 10 men? Sigh! Ach weel, SC Freiburg at the Veltins next week and a win is long overdue. 2-1, fingers crossed.

Yeah it was as big a kick in the balls as I've ever felt watching Schalke tbh.

 

Freiburg at home on Wednesday then Bielefeld on Saturday at home too. 2 massive, massive games. Both winnable too. If we can't win one of them then we're seriously ****ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Locky said:

Schalke lose again. :rofl: 

1st half looked very much like they were as bad as each other. 2nd half was desparate stuff. However, I'll gather my Schalke & Hearts gear for Sat/Sun with the prospect of a double victory weekend. Surely wins against Arminia & Celtic is not too much to hope for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

1st half looked very much like they were as bad as each other. 2nd half was desparate stuff. However, I'll gather my Schalke & Hearts gear for Sat/Sun with the prospect of a double victory weekend. Surely wins against Arminia & Celtic is not too much to hope for?

We must beat Arminia mate. They're genuinely just not a good side. Then again, we aren't either really tbh.

 

Last night just looked back to the way it was before Augsburg. Barely look fired up at all. Do the Ultras need to swing by for the team talk every week?

 

A first win on Saturday, and a win for the Gorgie on Sunday, and it'll be a Merry Christmas in the Locky household. 🍺

Link to post
Share on other sites

Manuel Baum gone today after only 79 days in charge.

 

Zero wins in his time in charge, but the big question remains, why even bring him in? Was never suited for the Schalke job in these circumstances. Everyone saw that except for the board who gave him a 2 year deal, which I assume we now have to honour. This just a day after it was revealed that David Wagner's 200,000 salary is still on the wage bill for another 2 years. Huub Stevens back in temporary charge again. 

 

What a shit show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Manuel Baum gone today after only 79 days in charge.

 

Zero wins in his time in charge, but the big question remains, why even bring him in? Was never suited for the Schalke job in these circumstances. Everyone saw that except for the board who gave him a 2 year deal, which I assume we now have to honour. This just a day after it was revealed that David Wagner's 200,000 salary is still on the wage bill for another 2 years. Huub Stevens back in temporary charge again. 

 

What a shit show.

New coach now in place, so I'm told, and not before time! Saturday's game v Arminia is being billed as a 'relegation six-pointer' and it's only December! 🙈

 

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/preview/preview-schalke-vs-arminia-prediction-team-news-lineups_426957.html

 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/schalke-vs-arminia-bielefeld-prediction-preview-team-news-bundesliga-2020-21

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie Boot boy
24 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

New coach now in place, so I'm told, and not before time! Saturday's game v Arminia is being billed as a 'relegation six-pointer' and it's only December! 🙈

 

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/preview/preview-schalke-vs-arminia-prediction-team-news-lineups_426957.html

 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/schalke-vs-arminia-bielefeld-prediction-preview-team-news-bundesliga-2020-21

Danny  may be onto this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

New coach now in place, so I'm told, and not before time! Saturday's game v Arminia is being billed as a 'relegation six-pointer' and it's only December! 🙈

 

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/preview/preview-schalke-vs-arminia-prediction-team-news-lineups_426957.html

 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/schalke-vs-arminia-bielefeld-prediction-preview-team-news-bundesliga-2020-21

Unbelievably big game. Going to be extremely difficult to fight back if we don't win tomorrow. Who you thinking for the job?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Locky said:

Unbelievably big game. Going to be extremely difficult to fight back if we don't win tomorrow. Who you thinking for the job?

Dunno. Stendel? 😆

 

Looks like Huub Stevens for two games then who knows?

 

20201218_224306.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly, my Schalke mascots failed, as did the team. Let's hope that the winter break sees them turn things around. Ach weel, there's always tomorrow to look forwards to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Gross appointed new Schalke manager. Interesting to see what he brings. A very bold choice for sure, but perhaps the level head we've been looking for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Christian Gross appointed new Schalke manager. Interesting to see what he brings. A very bold choice for sure, but perhaps the level head we've been looking for.

Rubbish at Spurs, very good at Basel, mediocre pretty much everywhere else. Odd appointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Rubbish at Spurs, very good at Basel, mediocre pretty much everywhere else. Odd appointment. 

Apparently done well in the Middle East but not sure how much that counts for in the Bundesliga.

 

I'm just happy that it's someone who's been involved in the game a lot, so should hopefully have the experience to try and drag Schalke out the mud. Only time will tell though, and I expect nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Gross' first game in a short while, away at Hertha.

 

Apparently, a group of 10 Tasmania Berlin fans have turned up to wish Schalke well. They want Schalke to end this winless run before it breaks their record. Aye, you read that right, they want their record to remain. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wee Mikey

As always, the score is the most important statatistic; but Hoffenheim had the upper hand (1st half for sure) with the Schalke 'keeper & defence prevailing. Mind you, 5 shots on target and 4 goals! Not bad, eh?

 

20210109_164912.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wee Mikey
22 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

 

And another ....

 

https://bulinews.com/news/6978/bundesligas-longest-winless-streaks-schalke-nearing-unwanted-record

 

Mind you, Schalke's 'acheivement' is arguably more, ahem, impressive given the relative circumstances of them vis-a-vis Tasmania Berlin.

 

Was it the covid compliant outfit or the lucky Christmas socks wot did it?

                   ️-0 

                           😍 

 

 

Screenshot_20210109-170944_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey
Photo
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As always, the score is the most important statatistic; but Hoffenheim had the upper hand (1st half for sure) with the Schalke 'keeper & defence prevailing. Mind you, 5 shots on target and 4 goals! Not bad, eh?

 

20210109_164912.jpg

Ralf Fahrmann was phenomonal today. Hoffenheim could've, and maybe should've had 2 or 3 by half time. What a sensational result though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55656798

 

Kiel vs Bayern Munich in the German Cup. Highlights on the page link. 

 

😀

 

"Bayern Munich were knocked out of the German Cup by lower-league opposition for the first time since 2004 as they were stunned by second-tier Holstein Kiel in a penalty shootout.

 

The holders were seconds away from victory until Hauke Wahl scored via his shoulder, deep in stoppage time.

 

Bayern led the second-round tie twice, through Serge Gnabry's opener and Leroy Sane's brilliant free-kick.

 

Fin Bartels' drilled shot had levelled for Kiel in the first half.

 

The first 10 penalties in the shootout were scored, but Kiel goalkeeper Ioannis Gelios denied Marc Rota, and veteran Bartels scored the winning kick.

 

This is the first time in 12 years that Bayern have failed to reach the semi-finals. Their last defeat by a lower-league team was in 2003-04 when they lost 2-1 to second division side Alemannia Aachen in the quarter-finals.

 

Kiel, the 1912 German champions, have never played in the Bundesliga in its current format, and are third in the second tier.

 

Bayern, whose dreams of retaining their treble are over, lost 2-1 to Borussia Monchengladbach in the league at the weekend but still top the Bundesliga". 

 

 

Edited by HMFC01
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Uncle will be dancing with joy with the Kiel victory...he lives just outside the city 

 

Nice place to visit as well around 250,000 population and of course on the coast

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...