Jump to content
AndyNic

3 Hamilton Players Test Positive for Covid-19

Recommended Posts

AndyNic

Training cancelled as per Raman tweet.

 

YAS. **** them. 

Edited by AndyNic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Training cancelled as per Raman tweet.

 

YAS. **** them. 

 

Gordon, Boyce & Naismith on loan.

 

Because "they can't go to any other club for emergency loans".

 

Am I doing this right?

Edited by iainmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndrewB

The only surprise is that they're not Hibs' next opponents, given the luck that Hubz have had this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

Gordon, Boyce & Naismith on loan.

 

Because "they can't go to any other club for emergency loans".

 

Am I doing this right?

Seems fair enough. Only right we help out clubs in their hour of need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten
2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Seems fair enough. Only right we help out clubs in their hour of need.


It would show class. And Scottish football would resound with praise for us. Ann’s probably on the phone right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
3 minutes ago, leginten said:


It would show class. And Scottish football would resound with praise for us. Ann’s probably on the phone right now.

 

We'll probably be forced into it by the SPFL.

 

Also, gets them off the books for a week and "gives them game time".  What's not to like?

Edited by iainmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan

South Lanarkshire is in lockdown.   Hamilton Accies are up shit creek without a substitute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Has our training been stopped yet ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Has our training been stopped yet ?

That’s not funny. 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

We'll probably be forced into it by the SPFL.

 

Also, gets them off the books for a week and "gives them game time".  What's not to like?


Maybe we can supply the half-time oranges as well. Be the bigger man. Doncaster is keeping a note of all our good deeds in a ledger. Our reward will come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady

The SPFL should create an exceptional rule for us to play on any teams behalf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WDJ87

We aren't going to get to start our league are we, still 3 weeks to go and it's heading downhill already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionN

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 
 

Another SPFL error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten

Are they due to be playing the arse cheeks any time soon? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez

We'll be in the championship for two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89

Precedent set. No postponing of games (unless the 3 players were caught breaking the rules)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
18 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

Gordon, Boyce & Naismith on loan.

 

Because "they can't go to any other club for emergency loans".

 

Am I doing this right?

 

Another opportunity for us to occupy the moral high ground, we're going to have to build a skyscraper there at this rate!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

We'll be in the championship for two years.

Sadly this is my fear also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We'll be in the championship for two years.

 

Don't think so, we've built up so much goodwill with our soft diplomacy that teams are going to be demanding we are promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionN
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We'll be in the championship for two years.

Could we fight it?

 

Being relegated to a league which has zero chance of being completed surely is restriction of trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 
 

Another SPFL error.

 

I don't think it's  an error, very carefully thought through to save these shitty little teams paying any wages while no fans are allowed in. We're just collateral damage, of course league reconstruction would've helped but hey ho no one wanted that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paolo
4 minutes ago, SectionN said:

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 
 

Another SPFL error.

Not sure why they don’t need to.  I thought that was what JA’s money was for, and why we are starting later with only 27 games, as clubs said they could not afford to test and play with no crowds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
8 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The SPFL should create an exceptional rule for us to play on any teams behalf. 

 

We're not allowed to play in the big league as a club - individuals, yes - no problem.

 

SPFL Article 99 refers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl

We can play their opponents in a friendly behind closed doors.

 

Oh no, that would give us an advantage over other clubs in the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We'll be in the championship for two years.

Only way that happens is if there's no football, if there's no football then what difference does it make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionN
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Not sure why they don’t need to.  I thought that was what JA’s money was for, and why we are starting later with only 27 games, as clubs said they could not afford to test and play with no crowds. 

Don’t think any crowds will be at games anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

Don't give them any fecking players Hearts ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionN
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

 

I don't think it's  an error, very carefully thought through to save these shitty little teams paying any wages while no fans are allowed in. We're just collateral damage, of course league reconstruction would've helped but hey ho no one wanted that!

Good point.

 

SPFL putting the boot in again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
3 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Could we fight it?

 

Being relegated to a league which has zero chance of being completed surely is restriction of trade?

 

That ship has sailed.

 

The club / FoH  had the opportunity to down that road but chose the Company Law route instead. Presumably on legal advice received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

Gordon, Boyce & Naismith on loan.

 

Because "they can't go to any other club for emergency loans".

 

Am I doing this right?

Naismith especially could do with the game time 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Naismith especially could do with the game time 😃

 

He's "carrying an injury". 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Russ1977
8 minutes ago, SectionN said:

If the Scottish Championship/League1&2 are not testing for Covid apart from Hearts I’m led to believe. Not a chance our league will even kick off. 
 

Another SPFL error.

There’s amateur and kids football being played up and down the country since last weekend so can’t see how that would be allowed and they’d stop pro football playing. No crowds allowed at either so it’s surely the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

 

He's "carrying an injury". 😄

 

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

 

Liar !!!

Or in his case probably true

Edited by The Treasurer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarkDevriesScores4

Have we been informed how hearts are to be punished for this yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

 

Liar !!!

Or in his case probably true

 

I think that covers all 3 players I mentioned tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Precedent set. No postponing of games (unless the 3 players were caught breaking the rules)

This seems to be the way it's done.

Your players caught Covid but didn't break any rules - then you have to play

Your players caught Covid by breaking the rules - we'll postpone your game until you are back at full strength

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NaturalOrder74
13 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Precedent set. No postponing of games (unless the 3 players were caught breaking the rules)

😂😂 if you don’t laugh you’d cry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This seems to be the way it's done.

Your players caught Covid but didn't break any rules - then you have to play

Your players caught Covid by breaking the rules - we'll postpone your game until you are back at full strength

 

4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

😂😂 if you don’t laugh you’d cry 

 

It's an absolute shambles.

 

It will get shut down through sheer incompetence, and Scotland will watch on as the rest of the world plays on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevie1874
1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

 

 

It's an absolute shambles.

 

It will get shut down through sheer incompetence, and Scotland will watch on as the rest of the world plays on!

Doncaster’s probably got his bonus for the Sky deal and as long as Celtic are at top of league Job done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

🤣

 

Can Hamilton please just shut down permanently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zico
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This seems to be the way it's done.

Your players caught Covid but didn't break any rules - then you have to play

Your players caught Covid by breaking the rules - we'll postpone your game until you are back at full strength

Aye, that’s the precedent set. I really, really hope some Sellick players get Covid, through no fault of their own, the week of the OF game. I’d pay good money to watch Doncaster try and squirm his way out of that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

Another step towards us not playing a single game this season. As funny as it is to watch, if the top flight clubs can’t deal and live with covid, what chance does the lower leagues have. We will play the betfred due to its TV commitments and then the game will be mothballed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
14 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

There’s amateur and kids football being played up and down the country since last weekend so can’t see how that would be allowed and they’d stop pro football playing. No crowds allowed at either so it’s surely the same thing. 

Closed door friendlies only, no leagues have started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb
Just now, busby1985 said:

Another step towards us not playing a single game this season. As funny as it is to watch, if the top flight clubs can’t deal and live with covid, what chance does the lower leagues have. We will play the betfred due to its TV commitments and then the game will be mothballed. 

 

Totally. We knew this would happen. Screwed over big style.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Another step towards us not playing a single game this season. As funny as it is to watch, if the top flight clubs can’t deal and live with covid, what chance does the lower leagues have. We will play the betfred due to its TV commitments and then the game will be mothballed. 

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, that’s the precedent set. I really, really hope some Sellick players get Covid, through no fault of their own, the week of the OF game. I’d pay good money to watch Doncaster try and squirm his way out of that one. 

 

Can you imagine! That would be glorious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We'll be in the championship for two years.

Yip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew

People from Hamilton obviously don't understand proper use of facemasks.

Twits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Another step towards us not playing a single game this season. As funny as it is to watch, if the top flight clubs can’t deal and live with covid, what chance does the lower leagues have. We will play the betfred due to its TV commitments and then the game will be mothballed. 

 

Sadly, we can see it coming! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

People from Hamilton obviously don't understand proper use of facemasks.

Twits.

They probably share them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...