Jump to content

English Premier League.


maroonlegions

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    95

  • Tazio

    64

  • HMFC01

    48

  • CJGJ

    38

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ferryjambo99
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Then this - red card

 

 

 

Bilic trying to say it's a foul as he goes into gibbs. Totally irrelevant as it's violent conduct 

Link to post
Share on other sites

really impressed by the new look everton but they desperately need another centre half if they're going to compete for europe

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

 

Bilic trying to say it's a foul as he goes into gibbs. Totally irrelevant as it's violent conduct 

Misuse of the word violent

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a tough season for Fulham. (Said at 4-1 to Leeds)

 

Goals galore though -

 

Comeback 4-3 now. Look like scoring every time they come forward suddenly. Twice there could have been 4-4. 

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

Unfortunately for Leeds, if they keep playing attractive, attacking football they'll be losing a lot of goals which means they will end up changing their style. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Unfortunately for Leeds, if they keep playing attractive, attacking football they'll be losing a lot of goals which means they will end up changing their style. 

 

They won't change.

 

But they switched off in midfield at 4-1.  Its normally set pieces like Liverpool is the problem. Lost very few goals from open play last 2 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

An entire life of not liking Leeds and suddenly I find myself loving their football. 

Edited by Tazio
Link to post
Share on other sites

How was Tete not sent off there... just kicked the guy for a laugh

Edited by Gone
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

What a cracking game of Football. 

 

Match of the Day tonight decent already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to that terrible England defender Man Utd paid Evertion around £40m for?  Stones, that's the guy.  Never seems to rate a mention now.

 

There seems to be an increasing body of opinion that Maguire is even worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What happened to that terrible England defender Man Utd paid Evertion around £40m for?  Stones, that's the guy.  Never seems to rate a mention now.

 

There seems to be an increasing body of opinion that Maguire is even worse.

 

Plays for Man City 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, Gone said:

No Manchester United penalty yet.... must be coming soon

 

Irony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie Boot boy
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everton look like a fun side. 

 

Could be a very interesting league this season.

Someone on here compared Everton getting a boost from Duncan Ferguson, to our Daniels struggles to get a rise from our side. Ridiculous comparison. Everton are always interesting, the EPL this season is going to be a cracker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be a toss up whether Man Utd fans are more unhappy at how poor they've been or at being below Leeds in the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Plays for Man City 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was nearly right.  He's still terrible though.

 

Wonder if Jacky Ross will get the Man Utd job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra

Paul Pogba looks a shadow of the player he was. Absolutely terrible display from him. Some dismal passing that nearly always resulted in him handing it to Palace and then sauntering back slowly instead of trying to get it back. An absolute joker who doesn't look like his heart is in it.

As for United, first time I've seen them in a while and they look average throughout the team. Hard to pinpoint where they need to improve.

Zaha was the class player today. Great player at the right club for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra

Arsenal playing around with the ball without any urgency or killer instinct. 

West Ham keeping organised and compact. 

This could easily go either way as Arsenal look like they're just there for their own amusement and West Ham are tough and ruthless.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van Wilder said:

A lot of pleasure watching Utd at the minute.

That fat lad at left back Luke Shaw is reported to earn £195,000  a week

Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra

Two flashes of class look like being enough. They were 2nd best for large parts of the game. Really rough on West Ham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
RustyRightPeg

Arsenal learning to win ugly.  

 

Arteta has done a lot in a short period of time at that club. If they continue to recruit the way they are, I think they're a season or two away from contending.

Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra

Antonio looks outstanding. Big money move for him soon enough I'd think.

Declan Rice looked great as well. Reminded me of a young Steven Gerrard. Exactly the sort of team player who fights for everything and keeps things driving forward that we'd love to have. Really talented boy.

 

Edit. Antonio is 30 so maybe not. Reckon he'd be good for a couple of years at one of the big clubs though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Paul Pogba looks a shadow of the player he was. Absolutely terrible display from him. Some dismal passing that nearly always resulted in him handing it to Palace and then sauntering back slowly instead of trying to get it back. An absolute joker who doesn't look like his heart is in it.

As for United, first time I've seen them in a while and they look average throughout the team. Hard to pinpoint where they need to improve.

Zaha was the class player today. Great player at the right club for him. 

I haven't seen a great deal of him but what I have seen hasn't been great.  You can certainly tell there's a player there but he often seems lethargic to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Van Wilder
8 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Antonio looks outstanding. Big money move for him soon enough I'd think.

Declan Rice looked great as well. Reminded me of a young Steven Gerrard. Exactly the sort of team player who fights for everything and keeps things driving forward that we'd love to have. Really talented boy.

 

Edit. Antonio is 30 so maybe not. Reckon he'd be good for a couple of years at one of the big clubs though.

 

I was gonna say at 30 I don't think he'll be going far.

 

He's an absolute unit though.

 

Thought Rice had a bit of a meh game, tried to grab the game but nothing really came off for him. Definite talent though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I haven't seen a great deal of him but what I have seen hasn't been great.  You can certainly tell there's a player there but he often seems lethargic to me.

 

Pogba? Remember how great He was when France won the WC. He looks like a completely different player now. Guy needs a move and to start again and find some passion for the game. 

Looks like he just shows up for the pay cheque right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra
2 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

 

I was gonna say at 30 I don't think he'll be going far.

 

He's an absolute unit though.

 

Thought Rice had a bit of a meh game, tried to grab the game but nothing really came off for him. Definite talent though.

 

 

Thought they were the two best players. Antonio would be a decent signing for one of the big 5/6 to come on in the 2nd half and get goals. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Van Wilder said:

A lot of pleasure watching Utd at the minute.

 

Let me spoil it for you. :rofl:

 

 

EhGA4KtXgAIvAiF.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

 

Thought they were the two best players. Antonio would be a decent signing for one of the big 5/6 to come on in the 2nd half and get goals. 

 

 

I'm not sold on Rice in midfield. His physical attributes are good, but on the ball I'm not convinced. I reckon he'd be a better centre half than CM and in all honesty, if United are looking for a CB to go beside slab head (not even convinced it should be him playing) I reckon he'd be a good candidate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Let me spoil it for you. :rofl:

 

 

EhGA4KtXgAIvAiF.jpeg

That, like him is rank. I may as well stop. Don't want a pink slip in the mail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts
27 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Antonio looks outstanding. Big money move for him soon enough I'd think.

Declan Rice looked great as well. Reminded me of a young Steven Gerrard. Exactly the sort of team player who fights for everything and keeps things driving forward that we'd love to have. Really talented boy.

 

Edit. Antonio is 30 so maybe not. Reckon he'd be good for a couple of years at one of the big clubs though.

antonio's a Ted McMinn type player and declan rice is a poor mans Eric Dier.

 

Imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I haven't seen a great deal of him but what I have seen hasn't been great.  You can certainly tell there's a player there but he often seems lethargic to me.

The famous ‘there’s a player there’.

 

:rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching MotD and wondering what is the f---in point in the stadium announcer?? They must feel like utter tits when announcing to an empty stadium 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
30 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

antonio's a Ted McMinn type player and declan rice is a poor mans Eric Dier.

 

Imo.

 

Souness: How can I tell Ted McMinn what to do when he doesn't know what he's going to do."

Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

 

Pogba? Remember how great He was when France won the WC. He looks like a completely different player now. Guy needs a move and to start again and find some passion for the game. 

Looks like he just shows up for the pay cheque right now.

 

When you're making the kind of obscene money some of them are making/have already made, it's nowt to do with talent, mentality is what matters.

He now has more interest in what his hair colour's gonnie be next week.

 

As for McGuire, I must be worth a couple of mill.

 

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson
Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra
6 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

When you're making the kind of obscene money some of them are making/have already made, it's nowt to do with talent, mentality is what matters.

He now has more interest in what his hair colour's gonnie be next week.

 

As for McGuire, I must be worth a couple of mill.

 

 

Agree re Pogba. If ever it was clear that a guy's heart just isn't in it - it's him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...