English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Well that was stupid Brighton.   Well done 😂.    ****ing about passing in their box. 

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mikey1874

De Zerbi said they're still trying to qualify for Europe but looks like they are thinking about their summer holiday more.

neilnunb
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Well that was stupid Brighton.   Well done 😂.    ****ing about passing in their box. 

They've been asking for that all game. I'd need about 10 pairs of undies to watch this mob.

Mikey1874

They said on commentary De Zerbi brought that goalkeeper in for this game because he is "good with his feet".

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They said on commentary De Zerbi brought that goalkeeper in for this game because he is "good with his feet".

He is Brighton play good football

They are missing key players

Injuries & suspensions

Brighton

B. Gilmour

J. Milner

J. Hinshelwood 

K. Mitoma

S. March

E. Ferguson

P. Estupiñán

T. Lamptey

They were doing ok passing around until Balebo decided to pass it back into the penalty area.   He should've turned and went forward.   Perhaps needed a shout.   So they're all at fault for that third goal. 

🤦‍♂️

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

They were doing ok passing around until Balebo decided to pass it back into the penalty area.   He should've turned and went forward.   Perhaps needed a shout.   So they're all at fault for that third goal. 

🤦‍♂️

They will be fine,if they can get more investment i can see them going far.

Recruitment is unreal.

B. Gilmour

J. Milner

J. Hinshelwood 

K. Mitoma

S. March

E. Ferguson

P. Estupiñán

T. Lamptey

They have that missing tonight.

City are a good pressing team as are all the teams at the top,Arsenal & Liverpool. 

Well drilled teams with serious quality. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

DesertDawg

Sometimes, just lumping the ball up the park is the right thing to do.  If nothing else, the opposition won't score from there and you might get the break of the ball too. 

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Sometimes, just lumping the ball up the park is the right thing to do.  If nothing else, the opposition won't score from there and you might get the break of the ball too. 

Yeah they do overplay,which results in losing silly goals.

Edited by Bongo 1874

The new West End
18 minutes ago, Topper said:

And again. Hilarious refereeing.

Really?

Never ever pens

The new West End
On 24/04/2024 at 22:07, Seaside Dave said:

Imagine Brighton won tomorrow. I know it will most likely be 4 to city but at least let me believe in May we could maybe still win the league 😂😂😂 

Lottery numbers?

Seaside Dave
6 minutes ago, The new West End said:

Lottery numbers?

😂😂

19 05 20 12 51 15

jambostuart
2 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

😂😂

19 05 20 12 51 15

Great numbers!

Diadora Van Basten

Nice to see Offiah for Brighton I thought he did quite well.

1 hour ago, The new West End said:

Really?

Never ever pens

You imagined they were?

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not for Liverpool they didn't. 

Why should that be different? 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Won the same amount of titles and FA cups as Leicester in his time there. He should be delighted he didn't come up against Fergie, his trophy haul would be poorer still. 

No he came up against the best manager of all time with a club that broke 115 rules to beat him. Unfortunately for Man U fans their time has come and gone, and they’re struggling to geasp that. 

Hmfc1965
49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he came up against the best manager of all time with a club that broke 115 rules to beat him. Unfortunately for Man U fans their time has come and gone, and they’re struggling to geasp that. 

Allegedly broke 115 rules.

Not one has been proven or admitted yet.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Legally you are spot on 👍🏽

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why should that be different? 

Boxes ticked for other clubs will not be the same boxes needing ticked by LFC. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

October should be interesting. 

Seaside Dave
7 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

When they are, I will be looking forward to celebrating 2 back to back titles for arsenal 😂😂😍

Edited by Seaside Dave

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

October should be interesting. 

Definitely, cant see them taking titles off them but who knows. 

Nookie Bear

Bit concerning for the EPL that a match between European contenders and potential champions can turn into an attack versus defence training match.

Bit like watching celtic play at somewhere like Motherwell.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bit concerning for the EPL that a match between European contenders and potential champions can turn into an attack versus defence training match.

I fully appreciate what Pep's done, but he's also ruined it as a spectacle IMO. I can't wait for the day he buggers off purely so the league becomes more open.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I fully appreciate what Pep's done, but he's also ruined it as a spectacle IMO. I can't wait for the day he buggers off purely so the league becomes more open.

Yep. I'll admit it's jealousy but Man City are just too perfect and make so few mistakes that their games become tedious.

13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Going into the last month of the season it is a 3 horse race. I’m not sure it gets any better. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Boxes ticked for other clubs will not be the same boxes needing ticked by LFC. 

I don’t think many of themn ticked any boxes forcanyone, they were all pretty average at best. Strange really. Cant see Arne Slot achieving much tbh. 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Going into the last month of the season it is a 3 horse race. I’m not sure it gets any better. 

This year yeah, but over the last number of years it's been done by the start of March. 

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. I'll admit it's jealousy but Man City are just too perfect and make so few mistakes that their games become tedious.

It's the style of play though, it's so structured. Yes, it works but on the eye it's dreadful. I've been called out for this before, but I'd much rather watch a Liverpool game go end to end, like they generally tend to do.

Take Grealish for example, a player I don't particularly like, but for Villa he was bloody good. He floated around the pitch making things happen. Now under Pep, it's get the ball out wide, wee sideways dribble, pass back to a CM. Move back out wide, give it back to CM. No freedom. He's won trophies, but has he improved as a player, not for me.

I just want competitive leagues, and Arsenal are pushing City this year and did to an extent last but lets be honest, if City click into gear like they generally do at this time of year it's game over.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This year yeah, but over the last number of years it's been done by the start of March. 

Last year the arsenal implosion was April. They lost 2 out of their last 5 games and finished 5 points behind. And the season before in 2022 was the tightest race in the history of the league. So you’re pretty much dead wrong. 

chester copperpot

I'd like pep to manage a team who isn't top of the league and vast amount of money before he retires.

See how good he really is. He's an amazing coach, no doubt, I'd just like to see him manage a smaller club.

Like Hearts 😁

JimmyCant
14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's the style of play though, it's so structured. Yes, it works but on the eye it's dreadful. I've been called out for this before, but I'd much rather watch a Liverpool game go end to end, like they generally tend to do.

Take Grealish for example, a player I don't particularly like, but for Villa he was bloody good. He floated around the pitch making things happen. Now under Pep, it's get the ball out wide, wee sideways dribble, pass back to a CM. Move back out wide, give it back to CM. No freedom. He's won trophies, but has he improved as a player, not for me.

I just want competitive leagues, and Arsenal are pushing City this year and did to an extent last but lets be honest, if City click into gear like they generally do at this time of year it's game over.

They play very clinical structured football. Like chess but the other teams only have pawns. No doubt they’re a great team but the inevitability of it bores me.

Aside from which, this is all bought and paid for. They don’t have to work hard to get a team on the pitch or get the right blend or develop anyone. They just go out and spend hundreds of millions they haven’t earned and get the best, most expensive coach in the world to do his thing. Boring, inevitable, predictable.and should have been sanctioned at least a year ago

Edited by JimmyCant

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Newcastle and others don't just have 10 man defences versus Man City.

I do get your point but interesting angle to blame the best teams for ultra defensive football.

Mikey1874

The best performance recently against Man City was by Crystal Palace. They did defend but they broke quickly, keeping possession well which are the 2 keys to challenging the best teams. They had enough chances to win the game. Then proved it by beating Liverpool. 

RustyRightPeg
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Newcastle and others don't just have 10 man defences versus Man City.

I do get your point but interesting angle to blame the best teams for ultra defensive football.

The teams that go at City are generally the ones that succeed. Arsenal were the first team I've seen succeed playing the way they did at the Etihad. Madrid did it a couple of weeks ago too.

A_A wehatethehibs
38 minutes ago, briever said:

image.jpeg.785deea95551f59bf80510c3205365c9.jpeg

This outcome was pretty predictable for Liverpool after that announcement. Feels like everyone including pool fans knew it would go this way. Klopps plan to quit should have been kept on lockdown until the season ended. Going public with it just created distraction, pressure on players and uncertainty about their futures. Never a winning mix

luckydug
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

With the appropriate refereeing advantage for the big team.

Mikey1874

I thought Liverpool were looking pretty good around February time. But it was tenuous as newer players in midfield haven't dealt with adversity plus the mad strikers missing so many chances. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Nookie Bear
52 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The teams that go at City are generally the ones that succeed. Arsenal were the first team I've seen succeed playing the way they did at the Etihad. Madrid did it a couple of weeks ago too.

I thought Madrid were very defensive in that game.

I don't always go with the stats but they only had 33% of the possession and 1 corner to city's 18

If City win the league this season that will be City the best epl team ever.

4 titles in a row.

Liverpool have not defended any title or cup for that matter in the epl years.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I thought Madrid were very defensive in that game.

I don't always go with the stats but they only had 33% of the possession and 1 corner to city's 18

Which is proof that the word defensive doesn’t necessarily mean bad. It can be a route to success when you’re up against a side who have very dangerous attacking quality at their disposal.

A certain group of fans seem to believe that simply attacking the opponent and taking zero consideration or measures against their more dangerous attack is the way to go 100% of the time. Huv a go. Folk think that’s the only way to win a game. Nonsensical point of view which shows a total lack of knowledge of the sport of football. 

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Which is proof that the word defensive doesn’t necessarily mean bad. It can be a route to success when you’re up against a side who have very dangerous attacking quality at their disposal.

A certain group of fans seem to believe that simply attacking the opponent and taking zero consideration or measures against their more dangerous attack is the way to go 100% of the time. Huv a go. Folk think that’s the only way to win a game. Nonsensical point of view which shows a total lack of knowledge of the sport of football. 

I agree, but you need to have effective ball carriers in midfield and pace up front for it to work, all of which Madrid have.

Brighton had nothing like that and it was a very poor watch.

RustyRightPeg

Richard Masters says a decision on City's charges is coming soon.

The new West End
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

They play very clinical structured football. Like chess but the other teams only have pawns. No doubt they’re a great team but the inevitability of it bores me.

Aside from which, this is all bought and paid for. They don’t have to work hard to get a team on the pitch or get the right blend or develop anyone. They just go out and spend hundreds of millions they haven’t earned and get the best, most expensive coach in the world to do his thing. Boring, inevitable, predictable.and should have been sanctioned at least a year ago

Is it not a myth that they have spent the most money?

This season City have not been a boring machine a lot of their games have been pretty competitive and finally balanced