English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, jambo_tar said:

Didn't think you could get multiple point deductions in a season. Had a quick look at their fixtures and they should still be ok. 

Yeah 

The Premier League messed up and basically have caught up this season. 

Everton should have had their first points deduction last season. Which would have relegated them.

Meanwhile Leicester being in Championship will get their likely points deduction next season after also benefitting from their massive overspending. 

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh

If they (the EPL/FA want to deter this sort of rule breaking then make the sentences draconian. If found guilty then automatic relegation to the league below and a forfeiture of TV money including the "parachute payments). 

On 09/04/2024 at 07:08, Seymour M Hersh said:

If they (the EPL/FA want to deter this sort of rule breaking then make the sentences draconian. If found guilty then automatic relegation to the league below and a forfeiture of TV money including the "parachute payments). 

Its extreme, but I support it. 

I hate the term "Financial Doping" because its what Hibs fans cried and cried about with us, however, its an apt enough description. If you cannot live within your means and are overspending to compete, then you are financially doping... basiclaly cheating and perhaps if it was treated as such then it would be a firm enough stance to stop the nonsense.

They need to get wage caps involved. Clubs are being backed by literal ****ing nations now, and thats beyond the pale. 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I hate the term "Financial Doping" because its what Hibs fans cried and cried about with us, however, its an apt enough description. If you cannot live within your means and are overspending to compete, then you are financially doping... basiclaly cheating and perhaps if it was treated as such then it would be a firm enough stance to stop the nonsense.

They need to get wage caps involved. Clubs are being backed by literal ****ing nations now, and thats beyond the pale. 

The new regulations looking at something like wages being 60% of turnover. That would fix a lot of issues. Clubs in English Championship typically at 120% wages to turnover. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

It's all down to that twat Jimmy hill getting the wage cap removed decades ago.

Chinny arsehole killed football.

Edited by Cade

Nookie Bear

Speaking of ridiculous finances, I read that Leeds owe £190m in transfer fees to other clubs, £74m of which is due by June this year. 

If they don’t get promoted they must be in deep trouble again. 

SE16 3LN
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Speaking of ridiculous finances, I read that Leeds owe £190m in transfer fees to other clubs, £74m of which is due by June this year. 

Hope so

Nookie Bear
30 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Hope so

Would be lovely to watch, I agree 👍🏻

Mikey1874
14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Chicken feed.

Everton owe £500 million to 'third party lenders". 

skinnybob72
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240412_223308.jpg

Southampton still to visit Leicester and Leeds so still in the mix. 

Tommy Brown
On 08/04/2024 at 19:01, Mikey1874 said:

Paqueta to Man City is back on. So concerns about him betting must have given enough reassurance. 

Hmm.

If the betting gets proven, he will sign for Newcastle.:whistling:

Nookie Bear
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Chicken feed.

Everton owe £500 million to 'third party lenders". 

Had to check that. Bonkers but I suppose they feel they can service the debt (nearly £500k per month!)

VALDOS'

Spurs and Villa are very similar, better than the bulk of the Prem, but don't have that level to go to difficult away grounds and do a job, even if in a dirty fashion. Both will need to add in the summer to maintain a top 6 spot next year.

John Findlay

Watch Motm tonight. See how lucky Man Utd got against Hampshire Hibs this evening.

milky_26

are the wheels coming off klopps farewell tour? palace take the lead at anfield

It was only a few weeks ago people on here were telling us it was a shoo in that his last game in charge was going to be winning the Europa League in Dublin. No two ways about it, nobody in that tournament could even touch them as a team. (I do think they can turn it around against Atalanta though)

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

are the wheels coming off klopps farewell tour? palace take the lead at anfield

milky_26
Just now, Tazio said:

It was only a few weeks ago people on here were telling us it was a shoo in that his last game in charge was going to be winning the Europa League in Dublin. No two ways about it, nobody in that tournament could even touch them as a team. (I do think they can turn it around against Atalanta though)

palace should be 2-0 up, robertson with a goal line clearance.

If the game was at anfield v atalanta i would agree but i dont see liverpool scoring 3 in italy. 

Mikey1874

Curious one whether the Liverpool fan protests about ticket price increases (flag boycott on Thursday) are affecting the players 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious one whether the Liverpool fan protests about ticket price increases (flag boycott on Thursday) are affecting the players 

The fansprotest about ticket prices, but they still demand top players who cost millions in transfer fees and wages 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Moyes peg getting shooglier by the minute 

I saw him do that dance in the Europa conference. Odd

Mikey1874

Fair play to Liverpool for making the title race even closer.

Maybe need to sack Klopp now though. 

First home league defeat in 18 months. 

Edited by Mikey1874

neilnunb

Shocker of a week for Liverpool...they were doing better before Robertson, TAA etc came back from injury! 

Jim_Duncan

I only caught 15 mins of the Liverpool game on Sky, but couldn't believe how the commentator was basically willing Liverpool to score. Haha.

colinmorewasgash

Pray for carra hes almost in tears, danny murphy and poor sour ness even worse day for him lol the so called rangers fan from saughton haha.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I only caught 15 mins of the Liverpool game on Sky, but couldn't believe how the commentator was basically willing Liverpool to score. Haha.

Was he? It didn't sound that way to me.

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Leverkusen aren't far off imo. 

33 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Leverkusen aren't far off imo. 

I was being sarcastic. How many years have we seen the best team from the ‘best league in the world ever ever’ somehow failing to win European trophies? 

Arthur Morgan
31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I was being sarcastic. How many years have we seen the best team from the ‘best league in the world ever ever’ somehow failing to win European trophies? 

Lol fair enough, that's true.

SwindonJambo
Just now, Hansel said:

City are gonna pip these bottlers to the title 

And become the 1st ever club to win it 4 seasons on the trot.

milky_26
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

City are gonna pip these bottlers to the title 

To Guardiola goes back him the smile before receiving to the Barça