Driver to hold talks over future

slfjambo

Driver to hold talks over future

_44806887_andrewdriver203.jpg Driver scored five goals for Hearts last season

Andrew Drivers' agent will meet with Hearts officials next week to discuss the winger's future following summer interest from other clubs.

Burnley have rejected suggestions that they are about to make a third offer for the 20-year-old likely to be in the region of ?1m.

But Scott Fisher told BBC Sport: "I will be speaking to Hearts next week."

A Burnley spokesman said: "We can categorically state there has been no fresh bid for Andrew Driver."

Burnley's Scottish manager, Owen Coyle, recently said that he would wait for further contact from Hearts after having a second bid rejected.

o.gif

Meanwhile, Hearts captain Christophe Berra set aside renewed speculation linking him with a move to Wolverhampton Wanderers to praise the side's pre-season preparations.

Hearts have yet to appoint a new manager after a fruitless summer search.

But Berra told the Scottish Premier League club's website: "I've been three or four seasons and this is one of the hardest pre-season's we've done. "In two or three weeks all the running will be finished and we will be fit and sharp and ready for the new season

So Driver will sign a new contract and be loaned to Burnley, with an option to buy, and Berra, well you get the picture. :confused:

So Driver will sign a new contract and be loaned to Burnley, with an option to buy, and Berra, well you get the picture. :confused:

or something else totaly frukeded up

You have to wonder if all these loan deals with specified buy out clauses don't also contain something nice for a certain someone. The clubs seem interested to buy now so why all the year loans and buy after deals? Don't make sense!!

Toxteth O'Grady
You have to wonder if all these loan deals with specified buy out clauses don't also contain something nice for a certain someone. The clubs seem interested to buy now so why all the year loans and buy after deals? Don't make sense!!

Where did it say anything about a loan deal?

It looks like the high earners may be loaned out but the likes of Driver and Berra will only be sold if silly bids come in.

What needs to be remembered is that in the majority of cases we are receiving a fee for the years loan then a transfer fee on top if the sale goes ahead -- for example Swansea City were going to pay Liverpool ?100,000 for a seasons loan of one of their young players. I believe that Bednar fee was also boosted by an earlier 6 figure loan payment at the start of the loan period.

Guest jambomickey

certainly don't want to lose driver because he was one of the few positives last season

We_are_the_Hearts

But it will be a goood business deal no doubt. Don't worry about the team, business comes first:rolleyes:

Me, I want the Russian c0ck to provide a manager who can produce a motivated squad and a team that entertains. After all, Rodney said we shouldn't worry about the debt and his dad said money wasn't an issue.

What needs to be remembered is that in the majority of cases we are receiving a fee for the years loan then a transfer fee on top if the sale goes ahead -- for example Swansea City were going to pay Liverpool ?100,000 for a seasons loan of one of their young players. I believe that Bednar fee was also boosted by an earlier 6 figure loan payment at the start of the loan period.

Don't think so.

I believe the agreed fee was ?2.5m but because we initially received a loan fee of ?200k, only ?2.3m was paid when the transfer was finalised.

LiamWallace

I hope Driver stays he is one of the exiting players we have left and looks a good prospect for the futrue.

I hope Driver stays he is one of the exiting players we have left and looks a good prospect for the futrue.

Do you have inside info?

luckystrike

I think you have hit the nail on the head there, sadly

Seymour M Hersh

Are they both the sort of high earners we appear to be losing?

Archived