• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Hungry hippo

• Bazzas right boot

• Rick Sanchez

That will have been two decent EPL clubs to have given us a game. Two EPL clubs like ourselves who have a great footballing history. Nice to see the name Heart of Midlothian still has plenty of Kudos.

1 minute ago, RDSK said:

Can we give Jimmy a lift back up the road? 

part of the deal, was on gum tree, only problem was we had to go pick him up. looks like we're making a day of it 😂

6 hours ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

The game is 33 miles from my house should I do a Marcelo Bielsa and watch through the fence? 

Get into the cricket club (immediately adjacent) and work your way through from there .......

19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wouldn't a Burnley fan read that and have no idea who they're playing today? Has anyone ever answered an Englishman with Jam Tarts when asked who you support? 

5 minutes ago, pablo said:

Wouldn't a Burnley fan read that and have no idea who they're playing today? Has anyone ever answered an Englishman with Jam Tarts when asked who you support? 

Course they'll know who The JTs are!!!! Bairns in Timbuktu ken the famous.

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Serious questions need to be asked if there's no Naismith today. Not played in either of the friendlies so far, not even on the bench.

He's been training on his own at  the start of the week hopefully not to far behind the rest of the squad fitness wise

jamboinglasgow

Have any other lower league team played any friendlies? I know clubs are waiting till the 14th September as you don't have to test from that point to play friendlies, but we could have played (if we get oppoents) 5 friendlies/bounce games before any other teams play their first.

22 minutes ago, jambocub said:

He's been training on his own at  the start of the week hopefully not to far behind the rest of the squad fitness wise

It's honestly one of my biggest worries going into the next season. He takes up a big chunk of the wage budget and is prone to injury. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this needs to be his last season before moving into coaching.

58 minutes ago, pablo said:

They'd just have to click on @JamTarts to find out if they're reading it on Twitter.

1 hour ago, pablo said:

That reminds me of a few years back walking along Gorgie Road with an English gal from Oxford taking her to her 1st Hearts match. As we approached Tynecastle she asked, "So, Mikey, what IS a Jambon?" Which made me laugh! I simply explained that Jambon is French for ham and that we got our nick-name because of our historical links to West Ham ... which she gladly accepted as true ... but then (hopefully correctly) said, "Heart of Midlothian = Hearts = Jam Tarts, hence Jambo"

❤❤G❤

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Hearts nil

Don't like to be negative but if it's anywhere near a full strength Burney team it'll be this, sadly. We've got nothing up top for this game, it's just another 90mins for the boys.

So nae pant wetting eh? :laugh:

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Don't like to be negative but if it's anywhere near a full strength Burney team it'll be this, sadly. We've got nothing up top for this game, it's just another 90mins for the boys.

Their season starts next weekend so it won't be a surprise if it's a strong starting line up. 

1 minute ago, HillmanHearts said:

Would be encouraging if Berra and Naismith could get some game time and come through unscathed.

Both not in the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Rhyst93 said:

Find it strange why Berra, naisy or Boyce hasnt played a game yet 🤔

Boyce is away with Northern Ireland.

3 minutes ago, Rhyst93 said:

Find it strange why Berra, naisy or Boyce hasnt played a game yet 🤔

Given that Boyce was in Romania last night, and also played against Sheffield United, your post is slightly iffy. 

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I still maintain I wouldn't be bothered if we lost Naismith.

This. He is going to be the biggest waste of a wage in the squad. I will be surprised if he plays more than a few games.

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hope Naisy rumour not true just saying

What? That he’s a drain on our finances and not worth the money?

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I still maintain I wouldn't be bothered if we lost Naismith.

Agreed. The return we get for the wage he gets is poor. On his game he is very good, but injuries have taken their toll and for the money we pay him I'm sure we could get a more reliable and almost as as good a player to replace him. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

This. He is going to be the biggest waste of a wage in the squad. I will be surprised if he plays more than a few games.

I'm not sure if he offers something off the pitch (yet to see evidence of it) but he offers nowt on the pitch (when he's actually fit). He's got the best first touch when linking the play but that doesn't warrant the wage.

Very poor business. But I wanted him at the time aswell, probably not on as long a deal though.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Put Boyce and Smith in and that's our current starting 11.

Naismith and Berra would definitely start from current squad if fully fit.

Hopefully just being very cautious with Naismith as there is no rush as still ages to go until season starts for us.

39 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

depends who they put out against us as they have another game kicking off v mansfield town at the same time as playing us

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Wighton only starting forward and no forward on bench. Just as well i have some pants that need wetting.

Walker seems to be playing as a supporting striker more than a number 10 which might suit him.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not been paying close attention (soz!). Has Tony Mcdonald had any game time in our friendlies?

Not yet, sure I read something during the week that he has a small injury

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Walker seems to be playing as a supporting striker more than a number 10 which might suit him.

I like Jamie for that role. Doesn't need pace but can time his runs to get on the end of things or step back to space to pick the ball up 30/40 yards out and look to 1-2 or get shots away.

Kind of a Paul Merson role, what I'd call an old fashioned no 10, when it was more a forward.

Jamie's biggest asset is probably his finishing.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Not yet, sure I read something during the week that he has a small injury

Seems to often have a wee injury doesn't he? Maybe not true, but feels that way. Hopefully very minor