Burnley v Hearts (Sat 05/09 @12:30)

Midloth_Iain

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Craigy G is having a mare!

It's almost as if he's a bit rusty and playing in a pre season match, over a month before the new season starts.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Hungry hippo

• Bazzas right boot

• Rick Sanchez

Leveins Battalion

Guys don't fret about a pre season friendly against an established EPL team.

Neilson knows we need huge changes and it will happen.

Have a walk round Dobbies or summin.Enjoy the weather.🤣

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Guys don't fret about a pre season friendly against an established EPL team.

Neilson knows we need huge changes and it will happen.

Have a walk round Dobbies or summin.Enjoy the weather.🤣

The weather is shite anaw. 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Thick, clueless arseholes will always be thick, clueless arseholes, David.....

Stating that Gordon has had a mare today makes a thick, clueless arsehole does it? I asked for no pant wetting earlier, I was merely stating the obvious.

Take a chill pill.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We getting beat 4-1?

No idea who has been up front as Wighton and Walker went off - maybe Frear.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

No idea who has been up front as Wighton and Walker went off - maybe Frear.

Roberts, I'd have thought. Can't see Frear playing anywhere but out wide/left-back.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Roberts, I'd have thought. Can't see Frear playing anywhere but out wide/left-back.

Yeah forgot he was on. Much more likely.

MarkDevriesScores4

Burnley squad valued in excess of £180m apparently.

Another good run out against top opposition. Getting a goal is pleasing. 

I think preseason is going quite well 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quite brave playing sides like Sheffield United and Burnley. 

Seeking a good level for games. 

Bayern next week 😱😜

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Burnley squad valued in excess of £180m apparently.

Another good run out against top opposition. Getting a goal is pleasing. 

I think preseason is going quite well 

25 players that’s an average of just over £7m, they’re not world beaters but a level ahead of us. Aberdeen did ok against them a few years back. 

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

25 players that’s an average of just over £7m, they’re not world beaters but a level ahead of us. Aberdeen did ok against them a few years back. 

Yeah, I don’t mind the result at all. It would be good experience for the lads and also more game time to introduce the new guys as well as robbie’s tactics.

craig might have had a howler but I’m also not too stressed about that. We know what he is capable of and he’ll get there with some more match time 

Im a constant critic of Wighton but I’m happy for the lad to get on the scoresheet too. Will give him confidence 

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Yeah, I don’t mind the result at all. It would be good experience for the lads and also more game time to introduce the new guys as well as robbie’s tactics.

craig might have had a howler but I’m also not too stressed about that. We know what he is capable of and he’ll get there with some more match time 

Im a constant critic of Wighton but I’m happy for the lad to get on the scoresheet too. Will give him confidence 

It should give Wighton confidence but I’m not so sure it will, like Wyness and Elliot before him , they seem too timid to be in football 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

As long as there’s no injuries, it’s another game, might need some easier ones though to bang a few goals in and get the confidence up. Wighton might just benefit from no fans or small crowds. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We done OK against a Liverpool team a few years back as well.

Friendly results mean nothing. 

23 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Just a kickaboot

The young Burnley player must be under 16 as hes not got the Chinese betting sponsor on his Jersey like his older teammate behind him has 🤪🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Did the trialist get on ? he may have been a forward 

13 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Did the trialist get on ? he may have been a forward 

Songo'o would've been the trialist. Read an article on him earlier saying he would get a run out v Burnley

Edited by WDJ87

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Songo'o would've been the trialist. Read an article on him earlier saying he would get a run out v Burnley

ahhh fair enough 👍

Horatio Caine

I think it will have been a useful exercise for the team and for Robbie & co.  Burnley, even with a slightly weaker team are a Premier League outfit.  Above our premiership level and way above our Championship level.  Yes, it was a comprehensive defeat, but will have provided good lessons for all concerned.

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think it will have been a useful exercise for the team and for Robbie & co.  Burnley, even with a slightly weaker team are a Premier League outfit.  Above our premiership level and way above our Championship level.  Yes, it was a comprehensive defeat, but will have provided good lessons for all concerned.

Probably was a good exercise considering the absence of Berra, Soapy, Naisy, M Smith and Boyce, not to mention Hickey.   A chance for others to stake a claim and despite the result I'm sure RN will have learned a bit more about the squad. I wonder if anyone enhanced their claims.

27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Wighton needs his hair to grow back sharpish. He looks terrible :laugh:

If it helps him score he should cut more off!

All that matters till the season starts is game time. Pre season games normally have no bearing

on how the season will pan out.

I think Robbie will have learned a lot since his last tenure which overall was very successful.

If any of the Managers in place since had done so well we wouldnt be in this damned mess.

He is going to do very well for us again and deserves everyones backing

While playing the likes of Sheffield United and Burnley are great workouts, I'd rather we started taking on teams where we will likely have a lot of the ball - mimic how you'd expect a Championship match will go.

wattie exploited

better to play tougher teams than play against wee shit teams where the players dont learn  much from  as its just a friendly and getting match fitness and getting the new players playing together  so not bothered about the result as its meaningless right now :rifle: 

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

While playing the likes of Sheffield United and Burnley are great workouts, I'd rather we started taking on teams where we will likely have a lot of the ball - mimic how you'd expect a Championship match will go.

We just played St. Mirren remember haha.  ;)

I can't get rid of that emoji for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

We just played St. Mirren remember haha.  ;)

I can't get rid of that emoji for some reason. 

Haha. Yeah those sorts of games are more worthwhile from a tactical point of view, breaking down teams etc

Getting the run around from EPL sides good for the fitness though.