The King is Back!

ri Alban

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Ohh I like guessing games. 

is this post to do with Stephen Hendry to snooker to fund the consequences of his mid life crisis?

If so predict it goes nowhere

It's in the Tag, Bud. 

If you think Hendry has what it takes to win another ranking event then your off your head. Couldn’t even beat white in the seniors tournament. 

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If you think Hendry has what it takes to win another ranking event then your off your head. Couldn’t even beat white in the seniors tournament. 

He had no appetite as a player long before he retired.

If Stephen Hendry got back to a level Ronnie, Higgins and Williams have managed, that would be :pleasing:

Probably never going to happen but would love to see it. 

53 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thanks for that.  Big time nostalgia here!!!!!!!!!

Great photo, isn’t it?

I have a framed version of it in my wee ‘Hearts corner’ out here.

You're most welcome, by the way.  

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Did you not say the same about Tiger. 

jack D and coke

There’s zero point in him just turning up to get a pasting every other week. I’m assuming he’ll put the work in to at least not be cannon fodder. 
Absolutely no danger he’ll get it back though. I’m sure I seen on his Twitter a while ago he hadn’t picked up a cue barely since retiring. I know he’s playing on this senior thing but he’ll be miles away now. 

30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did you not say the same about Tiger. 

I did. But not because I thought tiger had “lost it” but because I though injury had ruined him. And let’s be honest, what he pulled off has one of greatest sporting comebacks of all time ( behind George foreman and Ali) 

Hendry has the yips. That isn’t something that is easily cured. 

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

FE7918CE-4945-4CF1-B4FA-DE47C3F18E3C.jpeg

I love the fact that you can't see the ball in that pic. Just the look on big Young's face tells you that Willie's stuck it away.

47 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Did he not turn shit after he broke his ‘wonky’ cue and had to place with a straight cue? 

I might be imagining that. 

Won a world title after that. 

but aii. He was never the same after replacing the cue. The cue was the cheapest cue money could buy but it was his cue. Couldn’t fully get use to another. Crazy

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I did. But not because I thought tiger had “lost it” but because I though injury had ruined him. And let’s be honest, what he pulled off has one of greatest sporting comebacks of all time ( behind George foreman and Ali) 

Hendry has the yips. That isn’t something that is easily cured. 

Hendry lost his appetite. He has it back. 

I'm not saying he'll ll win anything, but it's good he's back. I lost interest in snooker when he retired, so now I can watch again. 

36 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I love the fact that you can't see the ball in that pic. Just the look on big Young's face tells you that Willie's stuck it away.

Young is like :vrface: 

30 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Brilliant photo Morgan.

One of the favourites in my ‘bar’.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Did he not turn shit after he broke his ‘wonky’ cue and had to place with a straight cue? 

I might be imagining that. 

Think it was smashed on a flight. Needless to say he wasn't happy with the airline.

34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Young is like :vrface: 

One of the favourites in my ‘bar’.

In some ways that picture is a fore runner of the Rudi "shhhhhh" pic at the cup final in 2012. Both are the only Jambo in the picture, both have despairing Huns or Hobos in the background. We certainly do great pictures in our lovely Maroon colours. I love the Hearts.

PS. Just noticed a Jambo behind Youngs elbow, but you get my drift. Ach maybe it's just the whisky I'm enjoying tonight. Off to Ullapool tomorrow and then the boat to Lewis on Friday, so a wee glass or two tonight. My lovely missus is driving tomorrow.

Edited by whodanny

10 hours ago, whodanny said:

In some ways that picture is a fore runner of the Rudi "shhhhhh" pic at the cup final in 2012. Both are the only Jambo in the picture, both have despairing Huns or Hobos in the background. We certainly do great pictures in our lovely Maroon colours. I love the Hearts.

PS. Just noticed a Jambo behind Youngs elbow, but you get my drift. Ach maybe it's just the whisky I'm enjoying tonight. Off to Ullapool tomorrow and then the boat to Lewis on Friday, so a wee glass or two tonight. My lovely missus is driving tomorrow.

Where you staying on my island? It's ok, you have my permission.

44 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Didn’t hendry cheat on his wife and leave his family for a lassie half his age? 

Are you suggesting that's how he smashed his cue? 😯

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Where you staying on my island? It's ok, you have my permission.

Garenin, not at the blackhouses but in one of the cottages there. Thanks for your approval 😊 .

Space Mackerel
19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s zero point in him just turning up to get a pasting every other week. I’m assuming he’ll put the work in to at least not be cannon fodder. 
Absolutely no danger he’ll get it back though. I’m sure I seen on his Twitter a while ago he hadn’t picked up a cue barely since retiring. I know he’s playing on this senior thing but he’ll be miles away now. 

Mind your Tiger Woods prediction not so long ago...

:D

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Mind your Tiger Woods prediction not so long ago...

Aye. 
Mind you wanted Gary Locke to stay as manager? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye. 
Mind you wanted Gary Locke to stay as manager? 

:pleasing:

The standard of snooker is pretty pish outside the top ranks but Hendry won’t be able to compete particularly well any more. Might qualify for the worlds though. 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The standard of snooker is pretty pish outside the top ranks but Hendry won’t be able to compete particularly well any more. Might qualify for the worlds though. 

:yadayada:  Yes he will! Awright! 

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d like Hendry to win things again but I think that would hammer home Ronnie’s comments the other week about the standard now. 
If he’s got the same dedication he had before I’m sure he’ll make some inroads. But at 50 odd isn’t he? If starts winning things again? Christ it’s worse than even Ronnie said. 

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d like Hendry to win things again but I think that would hammer home Ronnie’s comments the other week about the standard now. 
If he’s got the same dedication he had before I’m sure he’ll make some inroads. But at 50 odd isn’t he? If starts winning things again? Christ it’s worse than even Ronnie said. 

What if he overtook Ronnie again. :yas:

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What if he overtook Ronnie again. :yas:

Be nice to see him win again. It would just make you wonder about the quality of it all though. Unless he starts rattling in 147’s for fun :lol: 

Who knows we’ll see. 

Space Mackerel
32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Be nice to see him win again. It would just make you wonder about the quality of it all though. Unless he starts rattling in 147’s for fun :lol: 

Who knows we’ll see. 

I guess my Tiger Woods post changed your opinion quite quickly there? 😃

Stephen Hendry can compete again if he's prepared to work at it. He quit because he didn't have the dedication to practice 8 hours a day anymore and believe you me that's what it takes. And that has to be hard when you're already rolling in millions.

He is a natural talent. When his dad got him that 6 foot table at 12 years old in a week this 12 year was beating his dad who himself was an accomplished amateur.

Saw Hendry say in an interview that he didn't realise at the time what he was doing was anything special. It was simply easy for him and he thought everybody could do it.

If he can put in the practice he can compete.

And incidentally I briefly met him one time. It was due to one of those charity things, red nose day or something can't remember now.

A mate of mine had organised a pool marathon at a local pub and that got him invited to the STV studios to play a shot against Stephen Hendry. I went along as a guest largely because he wanted me to drive I suspect. 

He was just 21 at the time and this was the year he later went on to win his first World Championship. Very approachable and ready to chat. Took time to talk to kids too.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I guess my Tiger Woods post changed your opinion quite quickly there? 😃

Naw I was answering another poster. It’s not that I don’t want him to do well. It’ll say a lot about the standard though. A 50+ player who hadn’t picked a cue up for years would have been destroyed by Hendry is his pomp.  

Hendry developed what he calls the 'yips', whatever that is? He said he struggled to push the cue through and straight and it was affecting his confidence. He's been working hard with sight-right, who Mark Williams turned to, and he said it's helped him a lot with his cueing and ability to pot the balls again, which has brought joy back to his playing. I watched the seniors a couple of weeks ago and he looked good in spells but he doesn't look like the same animal that he was. With the buzz of being back on the main tour and a chance to compete at the highest level again will hopefully give him the bug back to put the hours in, because he's going to need it or he'll get a dooing.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Naw I was answering another poster. It’s not that I don’t want him to do well. It’ll say a lot about the standard though. A 50+ player who hadn’t picked a cue up for years would have been destroyed by Hendry is his pomp.  

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Remember it well. 😂

Unbelievable eh. 😃

14 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Didn’t hendry cheat on his wife and leave his family for a lassie half his age? 

His wife was a Tart.

Mandy if I remember correctly.

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Classic Hendry long pot on the very first ball.

It was the long pot that deserted him. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That final black! :wow:

That stuff was all pretty effortless to him then. For about 6-7 years he was untouchable. 
I’ll still argue with anyone he’s the GOAT. 
He got to the table, attacked and it was frame over. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That stuff was all pretty effortless to him then. For about 6-7 years he was untouchable. 
I’ll still argue with anyone he’s the GOAT. 
He got to the table, attacked and it was frame over. 

Changed the game. Jimmy and Alex were attacking players, but they were reckless. When Stephen got in, he wiped you out. 

14 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It'll go one of two ways. :heartscup: or  :hartley:

😃😃😃 These 3 appeared for some reason and now I can't get rid of them. 😆 (This one is meant)