Black socks

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Just watching some highlights from the 14/15 and surely not just me who thought these were a thing of beauty? I wouldn’t have them every year but once every 3 / 4 season would be great.. they brought a real touch of class to an already stunning kit. 

Loved the kit that season, one of my all time favourites. I really enjoyed that season as well, great away days and plenty of gubbings dished out by the team. 

However, I missed the 10-0 game v Cowdenbeath due to a horrendous hangover and I've never forgiven myself.

indianajones

The away kit from 14/15 is the best ever imo. 

No sponsor makes it even better. 

I bought two. Still have one in the wrapper unworn for some reason. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just watching some highlights from the 14/15 and surely not just me who thought these were a thing of beauty? I wouldn’t have them every year but once every 3 / 4 season would be great.. they brought a real touch of class to an already stunning kit. 

You're not wrong. 

Given that we wore black socks every year from 1912 to 1951, we really out to pressure our manufacturers to introduce these socks every few seasons.

It's all about income generation, so Hearts need to listen to what the fans want.

14 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

You're not wrong. 

Given that we wore black socks every year from 1912 to 1951, we really out to pressure our manufacturers to introduce these socks every few seasons.

It's all about income generation, so Hearts need to listen to what the fans want.

Is there a big market in replica football hose?  

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Everything about that kit was excellent. I'll forever regret not buying.

The blacks socks are terrific, I much prefer them to having maroon ones and I loved the badge on it. Bucking the popular opinion, I prefer it to the current one by some margin... especially when they don't match the maroon in the crest to the maroon on the shirt.

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is there a big market in replica football hose?  

I'd say for kids, yes; hence the reason they're sold in the club store (but I get your point).

Also, for the fans, we want to see our charges running out the tunnel, disporting maximum sartorial splendour, from top to bottom!

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, MCW1976 said:

You're not wrong. 

yep, kits need to be mixed up and a nod to our history every now and then would be great. 

sunblestjambo
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Loved the kit that season, one of my all time favourites. I really enjoyed that season as well, great away days and plenty of gubbings dished out by the team. 

However, I missed the 10-0 game v Cowdenbeath due to a horrendous hangover and I've never forgiven myself.

Funnily enough I missed most of the day after the 10-0 game due to a horrendous hangover🤢

2 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

You're not wrong. 

Always liked the look of the black socks with maroon turnovers and a thin white band on them. A slick modern take would be the dugs he-haws. 

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Black socks have become associated with Rangers as the years wore on but the truth is, many clubs had black socks with their strips way back. They obviously stuck with the tradition though as others diverted. Even Celtic did too. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
4 hours ago, indianajones said:

The away kit from 14/15 is the best ever imo. 

No sponsor makes it even better. 

I bought two. Still have one in the wrapper unworn for some reason. 

😂 subconsciously keeping it in mint condition!

Not just you. Really liked the black socks with the rest of that amazing kit, and I would agree that it would be a good way to mix the home kit up a bit without going overboard.

2 hours ago, inspector said:

Always preferred all white socks when l was a lad. l thought they made you run faster.

This! Always thought I played better with white socks! I understand it’s psychological but I just felt better! Had a trial with Dundee Utd once.....black socks. Cost me my career!!😆

Pasquale for King

Definitely, just for a wee change. Wear all maroon now and again too when it’s required. Just a bit of a different look.

Pasquale for King
Just now, droid said:

Funny feeling we'll go all maroon next season 

The maroon shorts on the away strip match the home strip, I compared them in the shop 😂🤪

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The maroon shorts on the away strip match the home strip, I compared them in the shop 😂🤪

I think we'll we're all maroon until we lose a game and we'll wear the white shorts with the away kit.

No idea why I think that.

Edited by droid

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, droid said:

I think we'll we're all maroon until we lose a game and we'll wear the white shorts with the away kit.

No idea why I think that.

If we play teams with white shorts we should wear maroon, at any point imo.