Goncalves signs new contract

Ryan Gosling

Jose joined us permanently during close season a year or two ago.

Chances are that he was part of the ?3.7M, and I'd imagine Bednar was as well, as he joined Hearts from Kaunas under a similar set of circumstances.

Are you sure?

The only info that I can find states that he was loaned to us in January 2006 from Kaunas (after a ?630k transfer from FC Thun)

Ryan Gosling
This is just plain weird.

Hearts are probably the most dysfunctional and weirdest club in Europe just now.

Even weirder than this picture, which to be fair, is very ******ing weird.

Weirdsized-1.jpg

What the....****?

Are you sure?

The only info that I can find states that he was loaned to us in January 2006 from Kaunas (after a ?630k transfer from FC Thun)

I think you're right. I don't remember him signing for us.

It looks like we've just bought him from Kaunas :wacko:

Charlie-Brown
What the....****?

That photo looks like a clay sculpture or something in a gallery or a shopping centre from some artist's twisted imagination...anyway it's clearly not real.

Not a bad bit of business condersiding his value will now remain the same when he returns from the loan spell. Means we can get more money

who gets more money. romanov

i doubt romanov thinks of the word 'WE' very much.

CornhillHearts

"Best left back at the club.

Thought he was class when he first came. But I think last year showed that we pretty much need a whole defence starting with the full back positions"

This is my K888back statement of the week-dear oh dear.

So how much have we paid Kaunas to transfer him to us and how much is the registration fee?

So how much have we paid Kaunas to transfer him to us and how much is the registration fee?

The sad fact is, we'll have to wait nigh-on 2 years to find out, as it will show in the 2008/2009 accounts.

Given that Kaunas paid ?633k for him, I'd assume it will be in excess of this amount.

luckystrike
The sad fact is, we'll have to wait nigh-on 2 years to find out, as it will show in the 2008/2009 accounts.

Given that Kaunas paid ?633k for him, I'd assume it will be in excess of this amount.

Is this the same as how that 3.8 million or whatever it was appeared on this years accounts ? It's all a bit confusing the way this all works

Is this the same as how that 3.8 million or whatever it was appeared on this years accounts ? It's all a bit confusing the way this all works

Vlad's been quite clever here.

Our financial Y/E is the end of June and he's sneaked this deal into the 1st week in July, therefore buying another 12 months before having to announce the fee.

The ?3.8M was brushed under the carpet at the AGM and no concrete breakdown can be assumed as to who/what/where the monies went, but my guess would be it headed towards Lithuania and Kaunas.

"Best left back at the club.

Thought he was class when he first came. But I think last year showed that we pretty much need a whole defence starting with the full back positions"

This is my K888back statement of the week-dear oh dear.

he was a young player full of potential and needed a quality manager/coach to help him develop. unfortunatly for jose and hearts there was no one to help/guide him develop that talent and because of that his form dipped. let's all wish him the best for the future.

Our financial Y/E is the end of June and he's sneaked this deal into the 1st week in July, therefore buying another 12 months before having to announce the fee.

The ?3.8M was brushed under the carpet at the AGM and no concrete breakdown can be assumed as to who/what/where the monies went, but my guess would be it headed towards Lithuania and Kaunas.

aye he's clever with money.

it's a shame he hasn't a clue about football management.

Charlie-Brown

You got the dates wrong - Hearts accounting period end July 31st each year.

Not really sure what to make of the financial aspects of his actual deal given his loan period, the fact he could've signed a pre-contract in Jan etc.

More importantly, what's most disappointing is that Jose looked feckin quality until he got injured in the biggest derby for 100 years. Then feck knows what happened. One can only presume a combination of injury, attitude and poor coaching contributed to his loss of form as he was a total bombscare last season. I'd also echo the point that in this wonderful era of minimal communication from Hearts (at least Pravda went to the extent of making up stories!), we get a story on a player who's not going to be fecking with us next season! :mad:

luckystrike
You got the dates wrong - Hearts accounting period end July 31st each year.

11 months, 12 months. He is still being fairly clever with the timing that much is true.

That photo looks like a clay sculpture or something in a gallery or a shopping centre from some artist's twisted imagination...anyway it's clearly not real.

LOL. Really?

It's quite clearly a work of real genius and not 'twisted' as you would say.

Thought provoking and emotion stirriing.

11 months, 12 months. He is still being fairly clever with the timing that much is true.

When you've got time you could maybe explain what's clever about the timing (as opposed to the deal itself).

Great bit of business. If Jose performs in Germany, as I expect him to, we can get a decent fee for him now.

By the way, I find that picture really scary but I couldn't stop looking at it.

I had'nt realised how big a club Nurnberg are. They averaged more than 44,000 in bundeslia last season so this loan deal looks to be a good opportunity for Jose to progress his career. Good move too by Vlad getting him on a longer contract as a decent season in budesliga 2 could see us getting a fair wedge for him. Don't think he was suited to the hurly burly of the spl, and it wouldn't surprise me if his career now starts to take off.

walton1983
I had'nt realised how big a club Nurnberg are. They averaged more than 44,000 in bundeslia last season so this loan deal looks to be a good opportunity for Jose to progress his career. Good move too by Vlad getting him on a longer contract as a decent season in budesliga 2 could see us getting a fair wedge for him. Don't think he was suited to the hurly burly of the spl, and it wouldn't surprise me if his career now starts to take off.

And then again he might be crap and return to a club that doesn't want him at the end of the season. What would he be worth then.

Archived