Best Solo Goal

LarrysRightFoot

LarrysRightFoot

The clip of Templeton’s goal away to Hibs on another thread got me thinking - what’s the best/your favourite solo goal by a Hearts player? 

Ones the spring to mind are - 

Driver v Falkirk

Fuller v Motherwell 

Templeton v Hibs 

I think I have vague memories of John Colquhoun scoring one v Motherwell in the early 90s? 

I don’t know how to insert clips so if anyone has any please add.

pettigrewsstylist

Ricardo.....mesmerising

Stampy close 2nd.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Салатные палочки

Throw in Robbo v. Rangers to break the goal scoring record. 

just want to throw in,not a solo goal but Rudis hattrick against St Mirren at Tynecastle was special 

Particularly as my mate was on the bus going home in the huff at St Mirren being 2 goals up 

JC v. Motherwell in 1990.

Mesmeric first half from Hearts in heavy rain as we used the surface perfectly. One of the best 45 minutes I've seen us play and John's goal was superb. 

Even Gerry McNee was purring about our performance and tipped us for the Cup. 

Салатные палочки
10 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Juanjo v Hibs

Beauty. Was that the game the winner got into Europe? Great atmosphere and a great goal. Turned the defender on the edge of the box and curled it in IIRC. 

Edit. Found it.

Edited by Salad Fingers

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Mesmeric first half from Hearts in heavy rain as we used the surface perfectly. One of the best 45 minutes I've seen us play and John's goal was superb. 

That must be the one I have vague memories of - anyone got a video?

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

That must be the one I have vague memories of - anyone got a video?

Салатные палочки
19 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Throw in Robbo v. Rangers to break the goal scoring record. 

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Thank you. JC was my first favourite player. 

been here before
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

The clip of Templeton’s goal away to Hibs on another thread got me thinking - what’s the best/your favourite solo goal by a Hearts player? 

Ones the spring to mind are - 

Driver v Falkirk

Fuller v Motherwell 

Templeton v Hibs 

I think I have vague memories of John Colquhoun scoring one v Motherwell in the early 90s? 

48 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye thats the one I came on to say.

Im sure there must be a Dave McPherson mazy adventure that ended in a goal.

I’ve never seen it again but remember Hearts playing Dumbarton in the league cup at their old horrible stadium and Magic Johnstone scored an incredible solo goal.

Never ever saw it again, there is a chocolate watch on offer if anyone can find it!!!! 94 I believe 

Салатные палочки
13 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Has Eamonn bannon always  looked 52?

:laugh2:

Can't believe he once turned out for Hibs! 

Alex MacDonald

Rab Prentice in a 6-2 home league win against Dumbarton in ‘75, a 3-0 friendly win against Boro or Southampton, and the 4th in a 4-1 win for Scotland U-23’s against Denmark at Tynecastle in ‘76, in all 3 he beat 4 or 5 defenders cutting in from the left in front of the old North stand at the Gorgie Road end. He was a magician, unforgettable goals.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Rab Prentice in a 6-2 home league win against Dumbarton in ‘75, a 3-0 friendly win against Boro or Southampton, and the 4th in a 4-1 win for Scotland U-23’s against Denmark at Tynecastle in ‘76, in all 3 he beat 4 or 5 defenders cutting in from the left in front of the old North stand at the Gorgie Road end. He was a magician, unforgettable goals.

Remember the under 23 goal, was there.

gorgieheart
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Yup... fantastic goal  ! 

Doubt it goes down as a classic but this was the first one to my mind when I saw the thread title 

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

One that doesn't fit the category, but would be the best if it did, is the second clip in this video.

remember that game finished 0-0 he was unplayable when in the mood But very inconsistant also remember the 1/4 final replay vAyr at Somerset park he was rank for 90 mins as were Hearts but brilliant in extra time sure it was Ford  scored a double To get us through to semi when defeated 4-2 by Dundee United at Hampden 

A Shoreditch Heart
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Remember the under 23 goal, was there.

I was in the Gorgie end that night too and Bobby's goal was unbelievable - one of the greatest solo efforts ever - loved him !

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2:

Can't believe he once turned out for Hibs! 

That's enough to make anyone look 52. 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Im sure there must be a Dave McPherson mazy adventure that ended in a goal.

3-1 v. Celtic in '91/92 springs to mind, bhb, and the 4-2 v. Rangers in 1995.

Loved when Davy did that. Genuinely can't recall him ever giving the ball away when he did or getting us into any trouble. 

Best central defender in my time (mid 70's on). 

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Dave Mcphersons (slim) goal, ran the whole pitch and popped it in.

Cant remember team or date, ?.

@Skippy Doodleposted a link to a goal at Hamilton (0-2 Hearts) from April 1989 recently. Iirc, Davy began his run from our half, played a one-two and scored.

I was at the game but had forgotten all about it until SD did his thing. 

Edit: apologies, SD. Jumpy screen and went on to your profile by mistake. Hate when that happens. Makes me feel like a snooper. 

Edited by martoon

Harry Potter
33 minutes ago, martoon said:

@Skippy Doodleposted a link to a goal at Hamilton (0-2 Hearts) from April 1989 recently. Iirc, Davy began his run from our half, played a one-two and scored.

I was at the game but had forgotten all about it until SD did his thing. 

Edit: apologies, SD. Jumpy screen and went on to your profile by mistake. Hate when that happens. Makes me feel like a snooper. 

Thanks for your posts martoon im sure it was the 95 game against Rangers im thinking about.

Posted this on a similar thread a while back.

Willie Hamiltons goal against QOS' back when everything was in black & white. (😏)

Memory is a little bit vague, but Willie dribbled past 4  or 5 players and slipped the ball past keeper George Farm, Received a standing ovation.

What a player !

Any other 'old timers' remember it ? Needless to say, back in the 60's.

Bobby Prentice in an amazing game against Aberdeen, 2-2, all goals scored in a four minute burst. We might as well all have gone home after 7 minutes.

Donald Ford against Aberdeen in 1971, ran mostly unchallenged from half way line. Think they probably won that game,not long before the Texaco final.

Willie Hamilton genius
9 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Posted this on a similar thread a while back.

Willie Hamiltons goal against QOS' back when everything was in black & white. (😏)

Memory is a little bit vague, but Willie dribbled past 4  or 5 players and slipped the ball past keeper George Farm, Received a standing ovation.

What a player !

Any other 'old timers' remember it ? Needless to say, back in the 60's.

My memory is he got the ball just outside our own penalty box, beat 5 or 6, then chipped George Farm from around 20 yards or more.

The applause was still going on 5 minutes after Queens kicked off again.

Special player, Jock Stein said he was the best player he'd ever seen.

Hearts 2-0 v Partick Thistle 9/11/68 was a game I missed, but my pal at school told me about the two goals - and I remember press reports were very similar so I do believe him.

Second half after a boring 0-0 first half, Roald Jensen got the ball at the centre circle and dribbled past about 5 players to score. 10 mins later Willie Hamilton got the ball on the halfway line and dribbled past "everyone" to score. No one could outdo Willie! Maybe there was a bottle of whisky on offer for the best goal in the game.......😃 

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Suso goal v hibs was lovely.

Remember the wife scoffing at him being brought on late in the game, "whats the point in that?" she asked I remember saying he's the type of player you want coming on late in the game when hibs were pushing for an equaliser 20 seconds later he scored :D 

21 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

My memory is he got the ball just outside our own penalty box, beat 5 or 6, then chipped George Farm from around 20 yards or more.

The applause was still going on 5 minutes after Queens kicked off again.

Special player, Jock Stein said he was the best player he'd ever seen.

The best inside forward I ever saw.

Kenneth Dubeke
5 hours ago, martoon said:

We scored some real quality goals that day. Robbo scored 2 that were both typical Robbo great strikes. Think Crabbe got the 4th. Another beauty. 

JC goal was outstanding.  What a player he was. Shit kicked out of him every week and he just got back up and got on with it. Brilliant player with a superb attitude. 

Even when he came back he did well. Not the same player but he could adapt as he got older due to his intelligence.

That was a top solo goal. 

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Doubt it goes down as a classic but this was the first one to my mind when I saw the thread title 

Would still like to see Temps back.

Kind of player we are crying out for.

Just now, Kenneth Dubeke said:

We scored some real quality goals that day. Robbo scored 2 that were both typical Robbo great strikes. Think Crabbe got the 4th. Another beauty. 

JC goal was outstanding.  What a player he was. Shit kicked out of him every week and he just got back up and got on with it. Brilliant player with a superb attitude. 

Even when he came back he did well. Not the same player but he could adapt as he got older due to his intelligence.

That was a top solo goal. 

JC was indestructible. I think he missed 1 game that Hearts played in his first spell between 1985-91. Even then, it was an end of season match in which he was rested. 

Heartsofgold
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Dave Mcphersons (slim) goal, ran the whole pitch and popped it in.

Cant remember team or date, ?.

Rangers in a 4-2 League Cup win @ Tynecastle?

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Rangers in a 4-2 League Cup win @ Tynecastle?

Yes and no.  ‘Yes’ the correct game but ‘no’ to the finish.  It was Kevin Thomas who finished it off after Big D’s run. 👍🏻

Heartsofgold
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Yes and no.  ‘Yes’ the correct game but ‘no’ to the finish.  It was Kevin Thomas who finished it off after Big D’s run. 👍🏻

You're right.  I just remember the run!

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

You're right.  I just remember the run!

👍🏻    I got in the celebration footage so I never forget 😁