Best Solo Goal

LarrysRightFoot

Diadora Van Basten
5 hours ago, Bozi said:

just want to throw in,not a solo goal but Rudis hattrick against St Mirren at Tynecastle was special 

Particularly as my mate was on the bus going home in the huff at St Mirren being 2 goals up 

Was his third not a solo goal? I am sure he was zigging and zagging all over the pitch before beating the keeper.

5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Beauty. Was that the game the winner got into Europe? Great atmosphere and a great goal. Turned the defender on the edge of the box and curled it in IIRC. 

Edit. Found it.

This, my first match/ goal at Tynecastle. Sitting right behind him as he picked it up, magical. Hooked ever  since.

Templetons a close second 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
6 hours ago, Bozi said:

just want to throw in,not a solo goal but Rudis hattrick against St Mirren at Tynecastle was special 

Particularly as my mate was on the bus going home in the huff at St Mirren being 2 goals up 

I paid for trip to Tunisia for me and the wife, thanks to Rudi that day. £5 on at 100/1.

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Would still like to see Temps back.

Kind of player we are crying out for.

Not sure about him personally, but he was a brilliant player with a style we’ve not really seen much of since, apart from maybe Milinkovic in the last couple of seasons

3 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Remember the wife scoffing at him being brought on late in the game, "whats the point in that?" she asked I remember saying he's the type of player you want coming on late in the game when hibs were pushing for an equaliser 20 seconds later he scored :D 

Haha I said the same when ozturk hit that rocket v hibs. Suso was a good wee player dont know why some fans didn't rate him.

8 hours ago, Bozi said:

:interehjrling:

St Mirren were never 2 goals up in that game.  We scored in the first minute, then went 2-1 down by the 19th minute before Skacel decided he had had enough. 

It was 2-2 after 23 minutes, so St Mirren were in the lead for a total of 4 minutes. 

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

St Mirren were never 2 goals up in that game.  We scored in the first minute, then went 2-1 down by the 19th minute before Skacel decided he had had enough. 

It was 2-2 after 23 minutes, so St Mirren were in the lead for a total of 4 minutes. 

I was in hospitality that day and remember it well. Zaliakus scored and was then sent off. He showered and then came up to sit near us. Scott Wilson shouted to him that the replays showed that it wasn’t a red card. Anyway, Rudi scored with an absolute cracker. My boss, who was sober and had paid for us all to be there, was jumping around saying “Ya Effing Beauty”.  We had never heard him in this mode and never let him forget it. As for me, I didn’t hear this as I was embracing the head of finance. No tongues though.

millerjames398

John colquhoun against well in the cup 90, how he managed to control the ball in those conditions, coupled with evading lunging tackles, then the composure to round the keeper and slide it home after running 40 odd yards, different class🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Rab Mac52 said:

I was in hospitality that day and remember it well. Zaliakus scored and was then sent off. He showered and then came up to sit near us. Scott Wilson shouted to him that the replays showed that it wasn’t a red card. Anyway, Rudi scored with an absolute cracker. My boss, who was sober and had paid for us all to be there, was jumping around saying “Ya Effing Beauty”.  We had never heard him in this mode and never let him forget it. As for me, I didn’t hear this as I was embracing the head of finance. No tongues though.

I had a ticket for that game, but was offered overtime at work and really could have done with the extra money it would earn me.  I gave the ticket up to a family member, and the rest is history.  :(

I will never, ever, ever forgive myself for missing that match. It was an all time classic, and it had absolutely everything.  A first minute goal, a red card, a magnificent hat trick, and a 7 goal thriller. 

If I'd gone, we'd have lost :lol:

13 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Has Eamonn bannon always  looked 52?

Not before his hair loss.

But, then again, you knew that.

He was unfortunate, is all.

Are you George Clooney?

3 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

John colquhoun against well in the cup 90, how he managed to control the ball in those conditions, coupled with evading lunging tackles, then the composure to round the keeper and slide it home after running 40 odd yards, different class🇱🇻

I was there and still rank it as one of the best I’ve seen. Horrendous conditions (game was touch and go to start). Typical Colquhoun, I absolutely loved that team. Just shit that Celtic* were pretty much unbeatable at the time because that squad of ours deserved silverwear 

13 hours ago, Leisham38 said:

I’ve never seen it again but remember Hearts playing Dumbarton in the league cup at their old horrible stadium and Magic Johnstone scored an incredible solo goal.

Never ever saw it again, there is a chocolate watch on offer if anyone can find it!!!! 94 I believe 

Boghead was indeed, a dump.

No chocolate watch for me though, clip wise.  :lol: 

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Ok I got stuck on the pedantry, my mate Baz stormed out after St Mirrens 2nd goal. I text him when Rudi scored but he was at the bus stop, I text him again when Rudi scored again, by then he was on the bus.

By the time Rudi completed the hat trick I was just laughing and sending him smile faces 

13 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Dave Mcphersons (slim) goal, ran the whole pitch and popped it in.

Cant remember team or date, ?.

Rangers at ibrox.  100 years ago.  Going back further, Willie Hamilton's goal against QoS will never be forgotten.

Have to say though that Templeton's goal against hibs was nothing short of magical.

12 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Ok I got stuck on the pedantry, my mate Baz stormed out after St Mirrens 2nd goal. I text him when Rudi scored but he was at the bus stop, I text him again when Rudi scored again, by then he was on the bus.

By the time Rudi completed the hat trick I was just laughing and sending him smile faces 

Sorry for being a pedantic *******! 

That game in particular will live in my memory forever, simply because I should have been there but decided to do an extra shift at work instead! 

What a game to miss! :vrface:

Another contender was Robbo against Dunfermline at East End Park December 1989. We were one nil up, but down to 10 men (either Zico or Foster) and Dunfermline had us under huge pressure. From a Dunfermline corner, Robbo picked up the ball from just outside our box and proceeded to dance through the mud to the other end of the pitch and stuck it away for a great goal and a fine 2 nil win :D

millerjames398
47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I was there and still rank it as one of the best I’ve seen. Horrendous conditions (game was touch and go to start). Typical Colquhoun, I absolutely loved that team. Just shit that Celtic* were pretty much unbeatable at the time because that squad of ours deserved silverwear 

Same here mate ,11 yrs back then, was standing at the first crush gate at the school near the old main stand, can still see him slaloming through player after player on soakin wet, cut up pitch..breathtaking 👍🏼🇱🇻

Scott Crabbes v Celtic at Parkhead in a 1-2 win in January 91 (I think). The hearts end was packed. When he slammed it past Gordon Marshall our end went mental. Thing is it was a curler and a great shot.  Maybe not the best individual goal but the celebrations when it went in still live with me. 

millerjames398
15 hours ago, Nathan2012 said:

It was only Huntly but was it  Adrian Boothroyd that scored a cracking goal taking on about 3 or 4 players

I remember that game as well, think aidy got 2 in 6 nil win, thought he was gonna be like that every week 😆

millerjames398
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Scott Crabbes v Celtic at Parkhead in a 1-2 win in January 91 (I think). The hearts end was packed. When he slammed it past Gordon Marshall our end went mental. Thing is it was a curler and a great shot.  Maybe not the best individual goal but the celebrations when it went in still live with me. 

His shot looked like it was goin to hit the ball boy behind the goals, the curl was unbelievable👍🏼,,,Millar goal was quality as well, but not a solo effort either 😆

Arbroath away (just a few days after losing the SC semi to Dundee UTD, 74 ? ).

Donald Park picks up a short throw from the Hearts keeper and runs the length of the pitch  before scoring. 

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Not before his hair loss.

But, then again, you knew that.

He was unfortunate, is all.

Are you George Clooney?

Reminds me of my pal who always said he would grow into his face - and he did. From 50 onwards he’s looked amazing. Eamonn just never looked young. George c is my brother 😁

Miko against Hibs.

What a game that was.

2 up then they got 2 back,Dean shiels punching Craig Gordon

( well it was Boxing day) & getting sent off.

Miko was like feck this & bang smashes it in.

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

On the super lagers that day at my mates , fell over a table in the Harp 😕, mind that goal which was on Tv.

SectionDJambo
21 hours ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Best goal ever was Bobby Prentice scoring for Scotland (u23's) at Tynecastle. 

Best near miss for the all time solo goal has to be Bobby Prentice for the amazing run, from his own half, against Dundee at Tynecastle in 1973. A league cup tie that we had to win to have a chance of qualifying out of our group.

Left quite a few of them in his wake, then shot over the bar when facing the keeper. It was actually his second attempt within a few minutes. Fouled the first time.

We drew 0-0 and didn't qualify out of the group. Dundee went on to win the competition.

A Shoreditch Heart
On 08/08/2020 at 13:44, Diadora Van Basten said:

Was his third not a solo goal? I am sure he was zigging and zagging all over the pitch before beating the keeper.

lets be honest - every single goal that Rudi scored was pretty special 

For the oldies....Willie Hamilton v (I think)  Q.O.S......At Tynie.  dribbled past the whole team from our own box and side footed it past their keeper.......score was 3 or 4 nil

10 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Reminds me of my pal who always said he would grow into his face - and he did. From 50 onwards he’s looked amazing. Eamonn just never looked young. George c is my brother 😁

:lol:

Great response, Bax.  :thumbsup:

On 08/08/2020 at 13:21, Debut 4 said:

Yes and no.  ‘Yes’ the correct game but ‘no’ to the finish.  It was Kevin Thomas who finished it off after Big D’s run. 👍🏻

Scottish cup iirc.

On 08/08/2020 at 04:56, bairdy said:

The best inside forward I ever saw.

On 08/08/2020 at 04:20, bairdy said:

Posted this on a similar thread a while back.

Willie Hamiltons goal against QOS' back when everything was in black & white. (😏)

Memory is a little bit vague, but Willie dribbled past 4  or 5 players and slipped the ball past keeper George Farm, Received a standing ovation.

What a player !

Any other 'old timers' remember it ? Needless to say, back in the 60's.

Willie Hamilton's goal against QOS.   I was there.

Starting just outside the school end box he beat one man before the half way line, moved sideways towards the old stand, beating a second man, then forward past both midfielders, the right back and the centre half until, with just George Farm left to beat in goal, he dribbled round him too and stroked the ball into the net. 

Absolute bedlam for 5 minutes or more with the ref delaying the restart for a couple of minutes but the fans were still applauding well after the restart.

I've never seen another goal like it and never will.

Willie Hamilton genius
32 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Willie Hamilton's goal against QOS.   I was there.

Starting just outside the school end box he beat one man before the half way line, moved sideways towards the old stand, beating a second man, then forward past both midfielders, the right back and the centre half until, with just George Farm left to beat in goal, he dribbled round him too and stroked the ball into the net. 

Absolute bedlam for 5 minutes or more with the ref delaying the restart for a couple of minutes but the fans were still applauding well after the restart.

I've never seen another goal like it and never will.

Perfect description right up till the end bit.

could have sworn he chipped Farm

Still, only 57 years ago, so memory may be a bit off.

Loved that man!

28 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Perfect description right up till the end bit.

could have sworn he chipped Farm

Still, only 57 years ago, so memory may be a bit off.

Loved that man!

I don't recall that as even the Pink News that night, in describing the goal stated, "Now well in the penalty box Willie just had goalkeeper George Farm to beat, but not for him the shot at goal, he had to beat Farm too then stroke the ball over the line. Cue a standing ovation from every part of Tynecastle."

Also remember the League Cup final later that year when Willie got the ball in his own half near the touchline and ran all the way to the corner flag beating two Kilmarnock defenders on the way then cut in to the box, dribbled past the right back before passing to Norrie Davidson for the goal.  For that one the Pink News wrote, "The statistics will always show the only goal of the final as Davidson's but it really belonged to Willie Hamilton for bringing the ball from his own half, three quarters of the way down Hampden Park, past a slew of defenders, before laying it on Davidson's boot for the goal."

Great memories.

Willie Hamilton genius
13 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I don't recall that as even the Pink News that night, in describing the goal stated, "Now well in the penalty box Willie just had goalkeeper George Farm to beat, but not for him the shot at goal, he had to beat Farm too then stroke the ball over the line. Cue a standing ovation from every part of Tynecastle."

Also remember the League Cup final later that year when Willie got the ball in his own half near the touchline and ran all the way to the corner flag beating two Kilmarnock defenders on the way then cut in to the box, dribbled past the right back before passing to Norrie Davidson for the goal.  For that one the Pink News wrote, "The statistics will always show the only goal of the final as Davidson's but it really belonged to Willie Hamilton for bringing the ball from his own half, three quarters of the way down Hampden Park, past a slew of defenders, before laying it on Davidson's boot for the goal."

Great memories.

So I've spent half a century with my favourite goal in my head and it was wrong! 🙃

The cup final goal was a cracker too.

Great memories indeed