Derek Riordan

bmeikle

crunchy frog
20 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Meh, its hard to get upset about some Edinburgh jakeys singing shite. Same used to happen in Robbos often enough. 

More concerned by what he's drinking? Is it a pint of methadone? And a straw? What? 

Looks like what I am reliably informed by the youngsters as a "Venom". 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• millerjames398

• Jamstomorrow

• Morgan

Fitzroy Pointon
20 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Meh, its hard to get upset about some Edinburgh jakeys singing shite. Same used to happen in Robbos often enough. 

More concerned by what he's drinking? Is it a pint of methadone? And a straw? What? 

I think it's a Venom. Basically a neds cocktail. 

plus ça change...

it is summer and we have a Ratboy thread on JKB.  Imagine!

millerjames398
25 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Think he's knocking back pints of venom, my mate used to drink it when we were out..****in vile stuff😂

millerjames398
2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Is that a guy with tits?

Or a bald leith woman with small tits, hard to tell the difference down that way😂🇱🇻

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, millerjames398 said:

Or a bald leith woman with small tits, hard to tell the difference down that way😂🇱🇻

:rofl:whatever it is I'm glad I'm not likely to drink with it.

millerjames398
Just now, Haringshairband said:

:rofl:whatever it is I'm glad I'm not likely to drink with it.

I'll second that😆, looks like it wouldnt take no for an answer at the end of the night, thats for sure😂🇱🇻

22 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Just think I lost my cherry in that pub 41years ago. The shame will never leave me.

Not with that baldy woman with the big paps?

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Rizla said:

Thank god for that John but I’m sure she was a belter 41 years ago.

Not in my mind.

4 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

:wtf:

In their eyes, is what I meant. 

That's the difference between us and them. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/08/2020 at 00:08, Jamstomorrow said:

I don't know if he works in the place,  but if he does, he would need a personal licence.

Nah, you just need a person with one. 

Employ a guy to do that, he personally doesn't need one. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/08/2020 at 00:08, Jamstomorrow said:

I don't know if he works in the place,  but if he does, he would need a personal licence.

Jamstomorrow
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If Riorden is behind the bar selling alcohol, he will need a personal licence.

You will need a Personal Licence if you are authorising the sale of alcohol. As per the 2003 Licensing Act, it is a legal requirement for premises that serve alcohol, also known as licensed premises, to have a named Personal Licence holder.

2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You will need a Personal Licence if you are authorising the sale of alcohol. As per the 2003 Licensing Act, it is a legal requirement for premises that serve alcohol, also known as licensed premises, to have a named Personal Licence holder.

The bottom sentence is the only one that makes sense.  The owner or franchisee does not need to have a personal licence,  there however MUST be someone named as the premises licence holder. Does not to be the same person as who owns it.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that the iona bar? 

Nope..Four in hand.further up fester road  on the left i think.

Iona bar was always ok, nice couple who ran it.Sold on recently though i believe.

Jamstomorrow
5 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

The bottom sentence is the only one that makes sense.  The owner or franchisee does not need to have a personal licence,  there however MUST be someone named as the premises licence holder. Does not to be the same person as who owns it.

Forget owners or francisees, Daz.   I am saying that if Riorden (or anyone else for that matter) is behind the bar dispensing alcohol to the public, that person needs a personal licence.   To obtain that licence, he needs to have done a course.  It used to be the case that any issues within licensed premises was solely the responsibility of 'the Licensee.'   Now individuals have a personal licence and as such, responsibilities.

Mr Brightside
53 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Forget owners or francisees, Daz.   I am saying that if Riorden (or anyone else for that matter) is behind the bar dispensing alcohol to the public, that person needs a personal licence.   To obtain that licence, he needs to have done a course.  It used to be the case that any issues within licensed premises was solely the responsibility of 'the Licensee.'   Now individuals have a personal licence and as such, responsibilities.

Surely that’s not the case. That would mean every barman / barmaid needs to have a personal licence?

9 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

That's English legislstion.

Whilst very similar in content, the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 applies here and he wouldn't need a personal licence just to work behind a bar.

Just need someone who does to authorise the sale of alcohol  in the dump.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that the iona bar? 

What used to be another vermin jakey's  (Kane) place the 4 in hand. He's so thick when he first opened it the 4 was in roman numerals looking just like this IV or as we jambos no it 1-5. 

crunchy frog

If he is the "manager" or "assistant manager" he will need a personal license.

If he is the owner he will need a premises licence.

His bar staff don't need personal licences as long as there is one personal licence holder for every 2 or 3 members of staff.

From the photos I've seen of him in the hovel, all he does anyway is stand about looking ugly, gripping a plastic cup of Venom, letting all his guffy mates blow smoke up his arse. He probably doesn't need any kind of licence.

Edited by crunchy frog

TyphoonJambo

My brother, a massive Jambo, used to drink in the Iona bar when he lived around the corner. The owner, Alex Cropley i think, knew he was a jambo and was great with him, nice guy seemingly. 

However, years later after a derby he went in there coat pulled tightly over his top, and walked into a den of top hibs casuals. Didnt help when he banged into and spilled the pint of some fat mountain bloke. Was brickin it the whole time. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

My brother, a massive Jambo, used to drink in the Iona bar when he lived around the corner. The owner, Alex Cropley i think, knew he was a jambo and was great with him, nice guy seemingly. 

However, years later after a derby he went in there coat pulled tightly over his top, and walked into a den of top hibs casuals. Didnt help when he banged into and spilled the pint of some fat mountain bloke. Was brickin it the whole time. 

I’m trying to remember the name of the pub on Easter Road the Tollcross Hearts bus used to leave from? I was only 12 at the time but remember going with my Dad and Co on their bus to the 1986 semi final.  

It was tense. The vermin were also in a semi that day and we had to walk past a few of their buses to get to the pub. 

I was told years later the pub TC Hearts ran from was run by a notorious JT called Zingo(or was at one time) so I’m wondering if that’s why the bus safely and happily ran from there for a period?😬

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Tott said:

Iona bar was always ok, nice couple who ran it.Sold on recently though i believe.

Cheers. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What used to be another vermin jakey's  (Kane) place the 4 in hand. He's so thick when he first opened it the 4 was in roman numerals looking just like this IV or as we jambos no it 1-5. 

My mates dad used to own that bar and a few others in Leith. 

Only hibs could do that on the name front as well, classic them. 

1 hour ago, crunchy frog said:

If he is the "manager" or "assistant manager" he will need a personal license.

If he is the owner he will need a premises licence.

His bar staff don't need personal licences as long as there is one personal licence holder for every 2 or 3 members of staff

That's nonsense.

A premises licence is required to sell alcohol in a pub. That can be held by anyone but would normally be held by the owner of the building (to protect their asset) or a tenant operator. The holder can be a person or a company. In the case of a company, directors have to be identified to the Licensing Board.

Every premises licence must have a manager named on it. That person must hold a personal licence. That can be anyone who is willing as long as they have the personal licence. There is no legal requirement in the case of a standard pub for any other person to hold a personal licence. In fact legally the premises manager needn't ever step over the threshold. The licensing board may take a dim view if they found that out. 

It is very easy for a person to run a pub without any mention of them on the licence or for them to hold any form of licence. However if the police can prove premises are being run by or on behalf of organised criminals they can seek a review of the licence with the potential for it to be revoked.

crunchy frog
35 minutes ago, heartened said:

That's nonsense.

A premises licence is required to sell alcohol in a pub. That can be held by anyone but would normally be held by the owner of the building (to protect their asset) or a tenant operator. The holder can be a person or a company. In the case of a company, directors have to be identified to the Licensing Board.

Every premises licence must have a manager named on it. That person must hold a personal licence. That can be anyone who is willing as long as they have the personal licence. There is no legal requirement in the case of a standard pub for any other person to hold a personal licence. In fact legally the premises manager needn't ever step over the threshold. The licensing board may take a dim view if they found that out. 

It is very easy for a person to run a pub without any mention of them on the licence or for them to hold any form of licence. However if the police can prove premises are being run by or on behalf of organised criminals they can seek a review of the licence with the potential for it to be revoked.

Ok mate. You have obviously given it more thought than me so fair play to you. I just asked my missus who has held a personal licence for 5 years, but I'm not about to swamp my shorts over it.

We are discussing Riordan here after all, my other observation about his typical working day still stands 😃

Forever Hearts
On 04/08/2020 at 13:57, Smith's right boot said:

Hun tears are always a decent outcome. 

Diet hun tears as well. 

The saltier the hun tears, the better. 

And Hibs tears? 

54 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

We are discussing Riordan here after all, my other observation about his typical working day still stands 😃

It's a subject I have to admit I am a bit of a jobsworth about having worked in the sector for clearly too long.

I have to compliment you on your powers of observafion though - spot on!

maroonlegions
On 04/08/2020 at 14:14, millerjames398 said:

Or  someone"s  son  they  had with  their sister  they shagged. 

maroonlegions
On 04/08/2020 at 14:14, millerjames398 said:

Has to be these two  offspring.

:rattus:

1935437_1245830628776838_7944508598443535283_n (1).jpg

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

And Hibs tears? 

Glorious as well. 

Ex member of the SaS
15 hours ago, Tott said:

My wife's cousin Jim owned it until recently. Knew it was up for sale but hadn't heard it was sold. Need to get her to phone them just to find out .

Broxburn Jambo
11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m trying to remember the name of the pub on Easter Road the Tollcross Hearts bus used to leave from? I was only 12 at the time but remember going with my Dad and Co on their bus to the 1986 semi final.  

It was tense. The vermin were also in a semi that day and we had to walk past a few of their buses to get to the pub. 

I was told years later the pub TC Hearts ran from was run by a notorious JT called Zingo(or was at one time) so I’m wondering if that’s why the bus safely and happily ran from there for a period?😬

That was the four in hand. I stayed in Broughton Road and that was the Bus I traveled on in the early 70s

Doctor FinnBarr
12 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Has to be these two  offspring.

:rattus:

1935437_1245830628776838_7944508598443535283_n (1).jpg

That can't be real, would love it if it is.

11 hours ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

That was the four in hand. I stayed in Broughton Road and that was the Bus I traveled on in the early 70s

I’m not doubting you mate but I asked the people I went with and it was Tamsons Bar. Definitely was from there.  I remember walking towards a pub with the door on the corner of the building coming from the London Road direction.