Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Thanks guys,  so either way 3rd does not guarantee group football.    Thought it might have changed but must have been mistaken.  

They made winning the Scottish Cup more important than finishing third. 

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Nope - if we are 3rd and a team outside the top 3 win the cup they get the group slot.

7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Thanks guys,  so either way 3rd does not guarantee group football.    Thought it might have changed but must have been mistaken.  

Yep, if Hibs had won the semi-final last year (haha, I know right?) we would only have entered Europe at the same stage as Dundee Utd did (I think - two rounds to get through before any group stage stuff)

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Nope - if we are 3rd and a team outside the top 3 win the cup they get the group slot.

But 3rd still qualifies for Europe qualifiers for Group stage?

8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Yep, if Hibs had won the semi-final last year (haha, I know right?) we would only have entered Europe at the same stage as Dundee Utd did (I think - two rounds to get through before any group stage stuff)

No. 

Hibs needed to win the Scottish Cup to prevent us having Europa League qualifier and guaranteed Conference League Group. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They made winning the Scottish Cup more important than finishing third. 

It is.  Always has been and always will be.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So bizarrely we have to back ourselves and (through gritted teeth) the arsecheeks all to make the semis again to give us the best odds of getting group football again.

With a decent draw I’d put money is to win it this year to be honest.

3 finals in 4 years - kind of like JJ’s team who knocked on the door a few times.

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No. 

Hibs needed to win the Scottish Cup to prevent us having Europa League qualifier and guaranteed Conference League Group. 

I thought the SF was the 'winner takes all'? Oh, maybe it was, if we won we'd be guaranteed group football because of our league position - but all Hibs could do was deny us that guarantee, rather than take it for themselves? Ok - makes sense now, thanks - here I am thinking aloud there's really no need for anyone to have to read this, but y'know what, I'm going to post it anyway :D

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It is.  Always has been and always will be.

They did change losing Cup final no longer getting European place a few years ago. 

23 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Hibs would need to have won both the semi final and the final for that to happen.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They did change losing Cup final no longer getting European place a few years ago. 

I wasn’t meaning that, I was meaning winning the Scottish Cup is always a bigger thing than finishing 3rd, 30 odd points behind the arse cheeks.   Perhaps not financially this year or last year but give me trophies over balance sheets any day.  We don’t win enough of them. 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looking at the BBC sports page and it appears Barisic didn't get yellow carded for that celebration!! 

Captain Lithuania

Goldson quite clearly shouting “**** off” in the ref’s face after being booked for a foul. Mad if this kind of thing is the norm. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I hope Beale stays until next season. He doesn’t have it - second could be up for grabs - at least a longer time with a dog in the fight - if we have a good summer window and start well…

3 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Its time all Premier League clubs were seeded as an away team for this round, it would make the cup far more interesting

Ross County certainly had an interesting afternoon. Taking medicine. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I hope Beale stays until next season. He doesn’t have it - second could be up for grabs - at least a longer time with a dog in the fight - if we have a good summer window and start well…

Been thinking that myself.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Its time all Premier League clubs were seeded as an away team for this round, it would make the cup far more interesting

Nah, means premier league teams couldn't draw each other.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

Exactly my point :greggy:

That's the opposite from interesting. 

Terrible idea.

Probably something Scotland would take up tho.

1 hour ago, j1964m said:

How many tickets did hearts give Rangers for next game at tynecastle hope it 600

No indication at all from the club, be we can only presume that Rangers will get 2 sections given that the club has [so far] not released any home tickets for sale online. With only 11 days until the game, I think we'd be have been selling tickets well before now if Rangers had only been allocated the one section. My bet is that Rangers will have been given 1,200+ tickets.

33 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The guy has no lost a game since he arrived 

Arthur Morgan
4 minutes ago, theshed said:

The guy has no lost a game since he arrived 

First defeat will be vs us at Tynecastle. I have a good feeling we'll beat them there. They are nothing special, especially away from home. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

It is a boycott by St J fans protesting against pricing and giving 3 stands to Rangers.

ach well 350 are happy, ho ho ho.  

4 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Looking at the BBC sports page and it appears Barisic didn't get yellow carded for that celebration!! 

Noticed that too. Different strokes for different folks. 

4 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Don’t think it’s a yellow card these days to celebrate with your own fans, as long as you keep your shirt on !!

Ricardo Quaresma
13 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

I have a £1 on 3-2 mm

FFS its 3-2 and i have a £2.70 cashout for a £1, pays £29 if lucky 

Screenshot_20230118-220753.thumb.png.2409e4ddabc07bebbe9fa92e7480083d.png

Put this on at 1-1 after 4 mins of ET; there was still 16 mins left 😠

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma