Jump to content

*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****


tartofmidlothian
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sooperstar
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Same. For all the fun we have with him he's a passionate football guy and not a bad manager. He should never be out of work when if there's a job going in the lower leagues.

He IS a bad manager though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • neilnunb

    1117

  • sadj

    729

  • Mikey1874

    794

  • Hearts007

    948

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

2 game ban for telling truth, better saying nowt public as the beaks dont like it.


The truth hurts, is the phrase that springs to mind. Beaton is a cheat and gives the old firm decisions he doesn’t give other teams. The fact calling that out is being cracked down on rather than the fact our officials are pish is the easy option for the SFA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

so McGinn and Porteous out off mhanks game.  could be interesting 🙂

They’d get emptied anyway I think. Hopefully they get totally demoralised now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

2 game ban for telling truth, better saying nowt public as the beaks dont like it.

Hibs had chance to have enquiry into way football was run in Scotland and chose to support Celtic in voting against it.

You reap what you sew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I notice that the Jags goalie is left footed when kicking the ball but right handed when rolling the ball out to his team mates. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, Canscot said:

I notice that the Jags goalie is left footed when kicking the ball but right handed when rolling the ball out to his team mates. 🤔

I did it the other way. Kicked with my right foot, threw with my left hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga

When you see the penalty we never got against Sevco when it was clear handball, and then see the penalty gifted on a plate to Kilmarnock, it highlights the utter shithousery if Scottish referees.

That decision tonight was an utter joke and was simply never a penalty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I did it the other way. Kicked with my right foot, threw with my left hand.

Just found it a bit strange. I suppose you do what comes most naturally but it is probably not the norm so to speak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

When you see the penalty we never got against Sevco when it was clear handball, and then see the penalty gifted on a plate to Kilmarnock, it highlights the utter shithousery if Scottish referees.

That decision tonight was an utter joke and was simply never a penalty.

 

What makes it worse, its the same ref for both decisions.  Absolutely baffling he gets paid for what he does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

 

What makes it worse, its the same ref for both decisions.  Absolutely baffling he gets paid for what he does.

Yep, same ref. He saw the one we should have had, he just chose not to give it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

Just found it a bit strange. I suppose you do what comes most naturally but it is probably not the norm so to speak. 

Yeah im right handed and (very!) left footed too.

 

Duno the deal wi that tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah im right handed and (very!) left footed too.

 

Duno the deal wi that tbh

Phil Mikkelson husnae done too bad for a right hander playing golf left handed👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/01/2022 at 18:31, Hearts007 said:

Paul McGinn has been hit with a two-game SFA ban for blasting referee John Beaton as “inept” after last month's Premier Sports Cup Final defeat to Celtic.

 

Would have been good if Hibs had backed their player 100% on that. 

 

Beaton is inept. A cheating westcoast prick that only cares about 2 clubs. The guy isn't fit to referee top flight games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Canscot said:

I notice that the Jags goalie is left footed when kicking the ball but right handed when rolling the ball out to his team mates. 🤔

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah im right handed and (very!) left footed too.

 

Duno the deal wi that tbh

 

Me tae. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beaton is probably the worst. It says a lot that Gollum now gets some respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah im right handed and (very!) left footed too.

 

Duno the deal wi that tbh

I’m the same. More common than some might think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah im right handed and (very!) left footed too.

 

Duno the deal wi that tbh

 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’m the same. More common than some might think. 

are you two naturally right handed or is it something that you ended up being forced to do while learning to write?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

 

are you two naturally right handed or is it something that you ended up being forced to do while learning to write?

I can’t recall but I have heard the theory before, that at an early age someone puts a pencil in your hand and you end up learning to be right handed. I think I’m naturally right handed though. I am definitely more left footed than right handed though, if that makes any sense 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Scott McGill scores for Airdrie.

 

All the loan players appear to be playing. 

That's good to hear.

 

McGill looked like a pretty tidy player with a bit of dig about in the League Cup games & I've akways thought that Connor Smith deserves a chance, adds a bit of creativity from middle to front. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Watching Raith v Arbroath.  Shocking camera work.  Doesn't follow play at all.

Not watching it but a lot of Champ games seem to have what looks like a remote controlled camera. Usually there is no commentary at these games. The thin g seems to always be zooming out and in and not covering the whole pitch at all. Awful to watch.

I think someone is sitting in a studio somewhere using a joystick.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

Not watching it but a lot of Champ games seem to have what looks like a remote controlled camera. Usually there is no commentary at these games. The thin g seems to always be zooming out and in and not covering the whole pitch at all. Awful to watch.

I think someone is sitting in a studio somewhere using a joystick.  

Yeah I think you're right.  You miss a lot of the goalmouth action because the camera is still looking at the point the ball was played from.  Frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah. I just tined in too. That is exactly what is going on. Seen it a lot as I have watched a few of the Champ games this year. Probably all. Covid related. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

Yeah. I just tined in too. That is exactly what is going on. Seen it a lot as I have watched a few of the Champ games this year. Probably all. Covid related. 

Covid with a lot to answer for!  Barsteward!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Covid with a lot to answer for!  Barsteward!

Lucky camera man though! 
Cauld Saturday afternoon and he gets paid for staying home and playing with his “joystick”😎 

cannae beat that!  Nae pun intended😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Lucky camera man though! 
Cauld Saturday afternoon and he gets paid for staying home and playing with his “joystick”😎 

cannae beat that!  Nae pun intended😉

:oohmatron:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah im right handed and (very!) left footed too.

 

Duno the deal wi that tbh

I'm exactly the same, though can pass and ping a reasonable shot off the right. 

 

I was told years ago that the chances are that you are naturally left handed, left footed, left side of the brain dominant, but will have been forced at a young age to use your right hand (even more so if you are of a certain age). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Kelty Hearts have spunked a 2-0 lead and concede a 93rd minute equaliser. 

Change their name to Kelty Hibs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

I'm exactly the same, though can pass and ping a reasonable shot off the right. 

 

I was told years ago that the chances are that you are naturally left handed, left footed, left side of the brain dominant, but will have been forced at a young age to use your right hand (even more so if you are of a certain age). 

My wife claims that is what happened with her. Claims she was naturally a lefty. I have a son who is a lefty but swings a golf club right handed. Mind you the results would not be any different if he swung left. Brutal he is!🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Canscot said:

My wife claims that is what happened with her. Claims she was naturally a lefty. I have a son who is a lefty but swings a golf club right handed. Mind you the results would not be any different if he swung left. Brutal he is!🤣

😂😂😂

 

My Gran was a natural leftie, but used to get the cane at school everytime she wrote with her left, so was forced to write with her right hand. 

 

I got tested at secondary school years ago (early to 90s) for dyslexia, that's when I was told by the person doing the test I was left brain dominant but had probably been coersed into using my right when I was at nursery/early Primary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

That's good to hear.

 

McGill looked like a pretty tidy player with a bit of dig about in the League Cup games & I've akways thought that Connor Smith deserves a chance, adds a bit of creativity from middle to front. 

 

McGill's loan to Airdrie confirmed till end of season. Ian Murray saying he's doing really well. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/scott-mcgill-tipped-hearts-first-22687760.amp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...