*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Sooperstar
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same. For all the fun we have with him he's a passionate football guy and not a bad manager. He should never be out of work when if there's a job going in the lower leagues.

He IS a bad manager though.

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

2 game ban for telling truth, better saying nowt public as the beaks dont like it.

The truth hurts, is the phrase that springs to mind. Beaton is a cheat and gives the old firm decisions he doesn’t give other teams. The fact calling that out is being cracked down on rather than the fact our officials are pish is the easy option for the SFA. 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

so McGinn and Porteous out off mhanks game.  could be interesting 🙂

They’d get emptied anyway I think. Hopefully they get totally demoralised now. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

2 game ban for telling truth, better saying nowt public as the beaks dont like it.

Hibs had chance to have enquiry into way football was run in Scotland and chose to support Celtic in voting against it.

You reap what you sew.

I notice that the Jags goalie is left footed when kicking the ball but right handed when rolling the ball out to his team mates. 🤔

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, Canscot said:

I notice that the Jags goalie is left footed when kicking the ball but right handed when rolling the ball out to his team mates. 🤔

I did it the other way. Kicked with my right foot, threw with my left hand.

Malinga the Swinga

When you see the penalty we never got against Sevco when it was clear handball, and then see the penalty gifted on a plate to Kilmarnock, it highlights the utter shithousery if Scottish referees.

That decision tonight was an utter joke and was simply never a penalty.

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I did it the other way. Kicked with my right foot, threw with my left hand.

Just found it a bit strange. I suppose you do what comes most naturally but it is probably not the norm so to speak. 

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

When you see the penalty we never got against Sevco when it was clear handball, and then see the penalty gifted on a plate to Kilmarnock, it highlights the utter shithousery if Scottish referees.

That decision tonight was an utter joke and was simply never a penalty.

What makes it worse, its the same ref for both decisions.  Absolutely baffling he gets paid for what he does.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

What makes it worse, its the same ref for both decisions.  Absolutely baffling he gets paid for what he does.

Yep, same ref. He saw the one we should have had, he just chose not to give it.

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

Just found it a bit strange. I suppose you do what comes most naturally but it is probably not the norm so to speak. 

Yeah im right handed and (very!) left footed too.

Duno the deal wi that tbh

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Phil Mikkelson husnae done too bad for a right hander playing golf left handed👍

On 13/01/2022 at 18:31, Hearts007 said:

Paul McGinn has been hit with a two-game SFA ban for blasting referee John Beaton as “inept” after last month's Premier Sports Cup Final defeat to Celtic.

Would have been good if Hibs had backed their player 100% on that. 

Beaton is inept. A cheating westcoast prick that only cares about 2 clubs. The guy isn't fit to referee top flight games. 

7 hours ago, Canscot said:

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Me tae. 

Beaton is probably the worst. It says a lot that Gollum now gets some respect.

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I’m the same. More common than some might think. 

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’m the same. More common than some might think. 

are you two naturally right handed or is it something that you ended up being forced to do while learning to write?

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

are you two naturally right handed or is it something that you ended up being forced to do while learning to write?

I can’t recall but I have heard the theory before, that at an early age someone puts a pencil in your hand and you end up learning to be right handed. I think I’m naturally right handed though. I am definitely more left footed than right handed though, if that makes any sense 😀

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Scott McGill scores for Airdrie.

All the loan players appear to be playing. 

That's good to hear.

McGill looked like a pretty tidy player with a bit of dig about in the League Cup games & I've akways thought that Connor Smith deserves a chance, adds a bit of creativity from middle to front. 

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Watching Raith v Arbroath.  Shocking camera work.  Doesn't follow play at all.

Not watching it but a lot of Champ games seem to have what looks like a remote controlled camera. Usually there is no commentary at these games. The thin g seems to always be zooming out and in and not covering the whole pitch at all. Awful to watch.

I think someone is sitting in a studio somewhere using a joystick.  

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

Not watching it but a lot of Champ games seem to have what looks like a remote controlled camera. Usually there is no commentary at these games. The thin g seems to always be zooming out and in and not covering the whole pitch at all. Awful to watch.

I think someone is sitting in a studio somewhere using a joystick.  

Yeah I think you're right.  You miss a lot of the goalmouth action because the camera is still looking at the point the ball was played from.  Frustrating.

Yeah. I just tined in too. That is exactly what is going on. Seen it a lot as I have watched a few of the Champ games this year. Probably all. Covid related. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

Yeah. I just tined in too. That is exactly what is going on. Seen it a lot as I have watched a few of the Champ games this year. Probably all. Covid related. 

Covid with a lot to answer for!  Barsteward!

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Covid with a lot to answer for!  Barsteward!

Lucky camera man though! 
Cauld Saturday afternoon and he gets paid for staying home and playing with his “joystick”😎 

cannae beat that!  Nae pun intended😉

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Lucky camera man though! 
Cauld Saturday afternoon and he gets paid for staying home and playing with his “joystick”😎 

cannae beat that!  Nae pun intended😉

:oohmatron:

17 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I'm exactly the same, though can pass and ping a reasonable shot off the right. 

I was told years ago that the chances are that you are naturally left handed, left footed, left side of the brain dominant, but will have been forced at a young age to use your right hand (even more so if you are of a certain age). 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Kelty Hearts have spunked a 2-0 lead and concede a 93rd minute equaliser. 

Change their name to Kelty Hibs?

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

I'm exactly the same, though can pass and ping a reasonable shot off the right. 

I was told years ago that the chances are that you are naturally left handed, left footed, left side of the brain dominant, but will have been forced at a young age to use your right hand (even more so if you are of a certain age). 

My wife claims that is what happened with her. Claims she was naturally a lefty. I have a son who is a lefty but swings a golf club right handed. Mind you the results would not be any different if he swung left. Brutal he is!🤣

10 minutes ago, Canscot said:

My wife claims that is what happened with her. Claims she was naturally a lefty. I have a son who is a lefty but swings a golf club right handed. Mind you the results would not be any different if he swung left. Brutal he is!🤣

😂😂😂

My Gran was a natural leftie, but used to get the cane at school everytime she wrote with her left, so was forced to write with her right hand. 

I got tested at secondary school years ago (early to 90s) for dyslexia, that's when I was told by the person doing the test I was left brain dominant but had probably been coersed into using my right when I was at nursery/early Primary. 

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

That's good to hear.

McGill looked like a pretty tidy player with a bit of dig about in the League Cup games & I've akways thought that Connor Smith deserves a chance, adds a bit of creativity from middle to front. 

McGill's loan to Airdrie confirmed till end of season. Ian Murray saying he's doing really well. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/scott-mcgill-tipped-hearts-first-22687760.amp