*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, Locky said:

Wee group of Hibs fans along the side of the park. Fair play, they take more to Algarve for a pishy friendly than they do to some league games.

ย 

That's their subs bench.

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

ย 

That's their subs bench.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug

Hibs look to be playing a consistently fairly aggressive high press. Hartlepool look shite and putting no pressure on Hibs defence.

ย 

The Aussie right back looks ok for Hibs to be fair but they arenโ€™t really getting tested. Hartlepool woeful.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug said:

Hibs look to be playing a consistently fairly aggressive high press. Hartlepool look shite and putting no pressure on Hibs defence.

ย 

The Aussie right back looks ok for Hibs to be fair but they arenโ€™t really getting tested. Hartlepool woeful.

They are playing a team who finished 17th in the lowest professional English league, them looking good is purely down to the quality they are playing. Iโ€™m not impressed by themย 

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug said:

ย 

Get the impression that's exactly how wee Lee wants them to play, but whether he can perfect it remains to be seen. Teams who are good at such a press tend to have a strong and very well organised back line and Hibs defence is ****ing shocking. They'll dish out a few spankings no doubt, but I can't wait to see them get carved open silly by others.

What's the script with this game? They all went off just past the half hour mark which I thought was a cooling break but they swapped ends. Now Hibs have just changed their entire team on the 45 minute mark. Is it 3x30 minute periods? Even then the clock didn't seem to stop at the 30 minute mark.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Get the impression that's exactly how wee Lee wants them to play, but whether he can perfect it remains to be seen. Teams who are good at such a press tend to have a strong and very well organised back line and Hibs defence is ****ing shocking. They'll dish out a few spankings no doubt, but I can't wait to see them get carved open silly by others.

ย 

Was Maloney not trying to implement a similar system? Then resorted to hoof ball and Sunday league tactics when he played against us!ย 

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

ย 

Was Maloney not trying to implement a similar system? Then resorted to hoof ball and Sunday league tactics when he played against us!ย 

Maloney didn't know what he was doing.It was super slow pass it around the back then just hoof it shite.

You know what will end up happening we will end up looking shite against the boys from Gibraltar and folk will go into meltdown as Hibs have looked alright against Hartlepool.

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

ย 

I think so. I seen something as well about how Johnson likes his teams to play. He has the pitch all marked into sections and has his teams try to play in a style that dominates each section in a particular way.ย 

ย 

This is the thing with Scottish football. Celtic and Rangers can have these mad, out there styles of play and it'll tend to work as they've got the resources to bring in a calibre of player who can pull it off. But for most clubs, things like this just screams of over complicated coaching. There's a reason why most clubs in the Premiership play a pretty simple style of football. It's not necessarily pretty to watch, but it's mostly effective.

The Apprentice
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

What's the script with this game? They all went off just past the half hour mark which I thought was a cooling break but they swapped ends. Now Hibs have just changed their entire team on the 45 minute mark. Is it 3x30 minute periods? Even then the clock didn't seem to stop at the 30 minute mark.

Its 3x30min periods.

It's worth noting Hartlepool don't have a recognised striker available and only 5 subs including a goalie and a trialist whereas Hibs are playing two completely different X1s. Loads of work for Hartley over the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Its 3x30min periods.

It's worth noting Hartlepool don't have a recognised striker available and only 5 subs including a goalie and a trialist whereas Hibs are playing two completely different X1s. Loads of work for Hartley over the next few weeks.

ย 

indeed, and with an additional challenge of having to work with the chairman at that place

31 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Saw this on the Falkirk thread on pie and Bovril. Seems Falkirk were left out of pocket.

ย 

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/138524-the-falkirk-fc-thread/page/7920/#comment-15265253

ย 

ย 

ย 

Seems this company promised a lot of sponsorship within Scottish football. Bit embarrassing to have what appears to be a bit of a fly by night company so heavily involved in our game.

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

Which giant's likely to be slain in the League Cup this afternoon? Tough matches for St Johnstone and Livi.

Bazzas right boot

Is the Bonnyrigg game on the box?ย 

ย 

The fixture is all on its own.ย 

tartofmidlothian
20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is the Bonnyrigg game on the box?ย 

ย 

The fixture is all on its own.ย 

ย 

Live on Premier Sports according to their site.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

ย 

Live on Premier Sports according to their site.

ย 

ย 

Cheers.ย 

Ahh, thought maybe BBC wan and popcorn time.ย 

2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Which giant's likely to be slain in the League Cup this afternoon? Tough matches for St Johnstone and Livi.

Livi behind and down to 10 men too. Good stuff.ย 

tartofmidlothian

Sammon and Bryson both score, Isma's been sent off. It's like the top division of a decade ago.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

I despise goalies honestly. Genuinely, what is he doing all the way over there.ย 

Just caught up the the group tables there after yesterdays results. Massive credit to League Two Annan, who only need a point at home to Ayr midweek to win the group.

ย 

Was going to say I'd love them away in the next round but its midweek, so maybe not.

Sounds like BBC โ€œScotlandโ€ have grovelled their way back in. ย Rangers loving it. ย I daresay we can look forward to even greater levels of a*** licking than usual in their desperation to keep them on-side. ย Maybe itโ€™s Pacific Quayโ€™s turn to serve up the succulent lamb.

ย 

I like the BBC

I loathe BBC Scotland

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

:rofl:the pettinessย 

to be honest. Wish weโ€™d take a similar stance sometime.

ย 

clear as day articles and sportscene coverage is Celtic tainted.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

The bbc ban at rangers has endedย 

ย 

ย 

The BBC were never banned from Ibrox, Chris McLaughlin was banned the BBC choose not to report from Ibrox but at no time were the BBC banned .

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

ย 

What did Michael Stewart do/say that he had to apologise for ๐Ÿคท

5 minutes ago, GYL said:

What did Michael Stewart do/say that he had to apologise for ๐Ÿคท

Michael Stewart has issued an apology to Jim Traynor andย Rangers, two years on from his rant about the former PR chief.

The ex-Hibs andย Heartsย midfielder was removed from BBC programming at the time after a lengthy rant about Traynor and Rangers in February 2020.

Stewartย had accused Traynor of being a bully and insisted he stoked division for his own personal gain.

He also apologised for Rangers over the incident and Stewart says he has withdrawn all comments and they were unfair to Traynor and the Ibrox club.

The comments caused a furore at the time and Stewart admits he's disappointed by his comments.

He said: โ€œI would like to apologise to Jim Traynor for comments about him on the BBC Sportsound programme on Monday 3 February 2020 and any distress cause to him and his family.

ย 

I'm sure Traynor threated to sue him .....

Edited by Largo

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

ย 

Thank goodness for that.ย 

We really need more coverage of the arse cheeks on TVย 

Boyces beard
13 minutes ago, Largo said:

Michael Stewart has issued an apology to Jim Traynor andย Rangers, two years on from his rant about the former PR chief.

The ex-Hibs andย Heartsย midfielder was removed from BBC programming at the time after a lengthy rant about Traynor and Rangers in February 2020.

Stewartย had accused Traynor of being a bully and insisted he stoked division for his own personal gain.

He also apologised for Rangers over the incident and Stewart says he has withdrawn all comments and they were unfair to Traynor and the Ibrox club.

The comments caused a furore at the time and Stewart admits he's disappointed by his comments.

He said: โ€œI would like to apologise to Jim Traynor for comments about him on the BBC Sportsound programme on Monday 3 February 2020 and any distress cause to him and his family.

I think it is only fair that the BBC have apologised to The Rangers FC. In there ten years of existence they have managed to win a Scottish Premier League title and reach a European final. This is an exceptional achievement for a club in its infantile years. We can now look forward to more comprehensive BBC coverage of Scotland's newest Football Club.

Spitonastranger
35 minutes ago, Largo said:

The BBC were never banned from Ibrox, Chris McLaughlin was banned the BBC choose not to report from Ibrox but at no time were the BBC banned .

Why did you let your club dieย ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰

3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

I think it is only fair that the BBC have apologised to The Rangers FC. In there ten years of existence they have managed to win a Scottish Premier League title and reach a European final. This is an exceptional achievement for a club in its infantile years. We can now look forward to more comprehensive BBC coverage of Scotland's newest Football Club.

I was replying to a question posed by a poster on this forum .

ย 

But you continue with your childish comments to make yourself popular, maybe if you had some interesting input people may take more notice of you .

ย 

I hope you enjoy the school holiday'sย 

2 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Why did you let your club dieย ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰

Another one with great input !!!

ย 

Your so billy big baws nowย ๐Ÿ’ช

Spitonastranger
Just now, Largo said:

ย 

Always was wee man,:clyay: when you and you lot were walking away, we stayed and saved our club while you let your club die. FACTย 

Unknown user
Just now, Largo said:

ย 

Better then billy bigot boys, **** the rangers

I see that the Rangers have ended its feud with the BBC's Chris McLaughlin.ย  More dud reporting but now from inside Chris's favourite hovel.

ย 

th?id=OIP.Mpt7ks0PmNZ6Z7LJBMUYSAHaE8&pid=Api&P=0

Edited by Tasavallan

Hasnโ€™t Kenny McIntyre just become the new host of their โ€˜flagshipโ€™ football show?

Edited by FWJ

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I see that the Rangers have ended its feud with the BBC.ย  More dud reporting but now from inside Chris's favourite hovel.

ย 

th?id=OIP.Mpt7ks0PmNZ6Z7LJBMUYSAHaE8&pid=Api&P=0

BBC apologised apparently, god knows why, spineless twats. ย Should have been Rangers apologising to Jim Spence for their treatment of him. ย Apologising isnโ€™t how you deal with playground bullies. ย 
ย 

Shame, I was enjoying not having to listen to any interviews from Rangers players or managers. ย At least itโ€™s not until next year if I heard right on the news.

ย 

Edit: looks like itโ€™s from start of this season. ย Oh well, it was good while it was lasted. ย Maybe we can have a ban on reporting from Celtic Park to replace it?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Bonnie Prince Charlie
9 minutes ago, Largo said:

๐Ÿ‘

Sorry, I am in a narky mood, please forgive

Just now, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

Sorry, I am in a narky mood, please forgive

Your one of the more mature posters todayย ๐Ÿคฃ