*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

7 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

That’s a good point, you are right, no guarantee at all given how inconsistent they all are. Just think the 2 legged nature of the final really favours the top league team with the 2nd leg at home. Am I right in thinking Hibs are the only prem team to be relegated through the play offs? 

Agree that it's weighted in favour of the prem team. 

One off final at Hampden would be better, imo (or some neutral venue that would look full!)

Yes, I think another Hibs pioneering moment!

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Falkirk getting closer to winning promotion. Callumn Morrison with all 4 goals today. 

carnockjambo
33 minutes ago, kila said:

Falkirk getting closer to winning promotion. Callumn Morrison with all 4 goals today. 

Was at the game. First ever Football ️ game for two grandsons. Great crowd of 5600 but FC Edinburgh were poor. Plastic pitch is better than the two in Premier League. 

Cameronstheman

Falkirk have a great support and would be a welcome addition if they made the SPL IMHO

jambo-in-furness
18 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Falkirk have a great support and would be a welcome addition if they made the SPL IMHO

Do they not have a plastic pitch?

Prefer the Pars.

Ricardo Quaresma

Still have one of Calumn's training beenies, got it from his dad, the Monday after we gubbed celtic 4-0

Lone Striker

Its a pity ICT are generally so sh1te (or at least inconsistent) - it would be lovely to see them finish above Broonie's mob, who then get hammered in the L1 playoffs. :scenes:

brownkg

I went to the  stenny v Peterhead match today. Neither keeper troubled mainly due to the strong wind blowing down the length of the pitch. Only incident of note was a forearm smash by one of the Peterhead players  that Andy Robbins would have been proud of and not even getting a talking to despite it being right in front of the standside linesman.

Australis
18 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Its a pity ICT are generally so sh1te (or at least inconsistent) - it would be lovely to see them finish above Broonie's mob, who then get hammered in the L1 playoffs. :scenes:

Been wanting Ayr to lose every game since Scott Brown arrived there.

He seem to be taking them down the table, rather than up.

DesertDawg
3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Bored and with no Hearts match on I watched the Dundee Utd vs Inverness game . Dundee Utd were pretty awful (less awful in the second half).

Amazing finish for the equaliser, but all of the Inverness team claiming a foul on their player by Moult for him to be able to turn and hit the ball. No idea if it was a foul as I missed the replay.

From what I have seen over the last while Dundee Utd and Raith both going through rough spells, but nobody will challenge them for the top two spots now. So it's all about who can arse it up the most from now until the end of the season.

And probably their most important game coming up next Saturday.  Utd. vs Raith at Tannadice.

A win for Raith up there would put them 2 points clear with a game in hand and 6 left to play.

AndrewB
18 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

And probably their most important game coming up next Saturday.  Utd. vs Raith at Tannadice.

A win for Raith up there would put them 2 points clear with a game in hand and 6 left to play.

That would be the sort of position Queens Park or Arbroath bottled it from, though!

Салатные палочки

Sitter missed by the Taff's there. 

Салатные палочки

1-0 to TNS. Nice finish. 

maroonsgotop
51 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Airdrie 12/5 🤔 

goal down and now 10/1

maroonsgotop
8 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

goal down and now 10/1

1-1 back to 13/5 😆

maroonsgotop

both defences wide open. should be a few more goals. could go either way

Alex MacDonald

One of the best games I’ve watched this season so far, fair play to both sides.

Leveins Battalion

The young NI boy McStravick for Airdrie is worth keeping an eye on.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The young NI boy McStravick for Airdrie is worth keeping an eye on.

he's playing well

Not sure why the Airdrie boy pulled up in front of the crossed ball and an open goal.  Looks like if he just stretched out for it it would have gone in

He shouldn't be Refereeing that game.   He's ****ing useless.   Both players went for that.   One dives. 

Edited by HMFC01

The Treasurer

No fan of Airdrie but I'm glad they won as it would be a real embarrassment if a second rate Welsh club had won a Scottish league trophy 

After Robbie Horn's sacking, Bonnyrigg have found a new manager already nabbing Clum from Cowdenbeath.

Must be very highly rated as he's had a bit of a rapid progression. Only took over Penicuik in the EoS last March, got the Cowdenbeath job a month later and now in League 2.

BlueRiver
Just now, Rick James said:

After Robbie Horn's sacking, Bonnyrigg have found a new manager already nabbing Clum from Cowdenbeath.

Must be very highly rated as he's had a bit of a rapid progression. Only took over Penicuik in the EoS last March, got the Cowdenbeath job a month later and now in League 2.

Led Tranent into the Lowland League a couple years back as well before leaving. 

TexasAndy

There has been a lot of talk about Lennon going to Aberdeen but considering he has no current ties and is available the delay in naming him is feeling more and more like he's not their first choice at all.  

kingantti1874
33 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

There has been a lot of talk about Lennon going to Aberdeen but considering he has no current ties and is available the delay in naming him is feeling more and more like he's not their first choice at all.  

I don’t think they have a clue who they want.  The reality is there aren’t a lot of manager who tick the box at this level and who’d come to manage in Scotland 

GinRummy
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Credit to the Aberdeen fans who found this.

20240327_174849.jpg

That’s surely not a vacancy if Adams doesn’t have a job 😂

But Rodgers pleaded his case at a SFA hearing this lunchtime, backed by top KC Nick De Marco.

And the outcome is a ONE-MATCH penalty - with another game suspended - meaning he’ll be in the stand for this weekend’s league clash with Livingston.

Crucially, Rodgers will then be free to take his place in the dug-out against Rangers a week on Sunday.

Rodgers was accused of breaching Rule 72 Article 96.1 of the SFA’s disciplinary code after losing 2-0 to Hearts at Tynecastle on March 3.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12368165/celtic-brendan-rodgers-rangers-touchline-ban-sfa-beaton/

😀

But the SFA’s panel decided on a one-game ban with a further one game suspended.

Former Partick Thistle boss Gary Caldwell and ex-Hearts manager Robbie Neilson were previously hit with similar bans for similar charges.

Caldwell was handed a one-match ban with a further suspended - the same as Rodgers - while Neilson was given two games suspended.

Although they didn’t specifically brand any match official incompetent. 

joondalupjambo

Precedent set then. Saying an official is incompetent and only getting a one game touchline ban, result.  Naisay just needs to pick his game, have a rant and next game sit with his feet up in the stands.  Worth it just to name names.

Weebroon98

I see the 2 erse cheeks have decided to give each other 5% allocation from next season onwards

32 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

I see the 2 erse cheeks have decided to give each other 5% allocation from next season onwards

But they hate each other and this is no such thing as the old firm🙂🙂

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

😀 

We're  still cutting them I presume.   None of that %5 nonsense.   Right down to a manage number.   Ten would be my thought 😉 

Mikey1874
10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😀

We're  still cutting them I presume.   None of that %5 nonsense.   Right down to a manage number.   Ten would be my thought 😉 

We're not getting 5% at Ibrox and Celtic Park either.

tian447
On 27/03/2024 at 17:49, Mikey1874 said:

Credit to the Aberdeen fans who found this.

20240327_174849.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinkedInLunatics/

Fits right in at home there. 

Total nonsense

"Inspirational" quote

Cheesy cliché

Wordsalad

Derek, I'd say the key to finding success as a football manager is having decent tactical ideas, not being a ****ing dinosaur and trying to play a style of football straight from the textbook written 40 years ago, and not being an utter helmet.  The latter you can get away with if you're actually half decent and get results which, sadly, you're going to have to work hard on. 

Edited by tian447

hmfc1984

Disappointing to see Aberdeen and Dundee United winning so far. Would ****ing love them to both be in the Championship next season. 

manaliveits105

The bbc website version of Zanders world class save 

"

Heart of Midlothian 1-0 Kilmarnock

Marley Watkins has to score, simple as that.

He has a free header just three yards from goal, but the Killie forward nods it right at Zander Clark as the goalkeeper scampers back along his line.

Either side and it's a late leveller.

Bbc Scotland sport - absolutely riddled 

AndrewB
12 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Falkirk win league 1 I think. Eventually. 

Yes, Hamilton had to win but drew.   Title won before end of March.

Australis

The wee team sitting in the bottom 6

Who would have thought it, after all their comments recently.

Mikey1874
57 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Yes, Hamilton had to win but drew.   Title won before end of March.

Hamilton guaranteed place in Play Offs.

Bazzas right boot

That celtic banner at the livi game.

:phface: