Jump to content

2020 Snooker World Championship


Victorian

Recommended Posts

Has just started.

 

**** me,  Tom Ford missed a superb maximum chance in the first frame.  Missed a half ball black (13th black with the other 2 reds central in the table).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Victorian

    81

  • neilnunb

    52

  • Cruyff

    47

  • The Spy Who Loved Me

    45

jonnothejambo

The first cough in the audience and the place will empty faster than the Lochend Cockends managed on 19/05/12.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

Neil Robertson started with a free ball and just completed a 16-red clearance of 140. Apparently never been done at the crucible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

why the hell do they have that radzi boy on the presenting team? could they not just have one of the former players do that job

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Neil Robertson started with a free ball and just completed a 16-red clearance of 140. Apparently never been done at the crucible. 

dennis taylor missing that it was a freeball and thinking he was badly out of position for a red when he was on a colour

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

dennis taylor missing that it was a freeball and thinking he was badly out of position for a red when he was on a colour

 

Yeah noticed that :lol: 'can't see the value of a pot here' when he was perfectly on about 3 colours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

 

Yeah noticed that :lol: 'can't see the value of a pot here' when he was perfectly on about 3 colours. 

just pointed out that it was only a 15 red clearance as he potted the first red then rolled in behind the brown, before getting a free ball

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

 

Yeah noticed that :lol: 'can't see the value of a pot here' when he was perfectly on about 3 colours. 

i was thinking surely he has a good angle on one of the baulk colours to get position on a red

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just pointed out that it was only a 15 red clearance as he potted the first red then rolled in behind the brown, before getting a free ball

 

Ha, so he did. Ffs. It had actually been done once at the crucible anyway in 1990.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2020 at 14:06, JWL said:

Hopefully the BCD element will allow Perrie Mans to come good this year.................long overdue.

 

This post is the only reason I opened this thread. Well played, sir! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That canned applause needs to go.  Horrific.

 

Robertson always plays really well early on and looks like he'll be one of the top 3 or 4 to beat.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Feel bad for un-nooh. Looks completely defeated. 

hasn't it worked out that his three times making the crucible in the first round he has faced, ronnie higgins and trump?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

Loved Maflin giving the middle finger to the cue ball when on a 147 :pray: great effort. Really unlucky in the end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ronnie O is a very scary man. 3 frames, 3 centuries, 3 nil up. Played about half an hour 😱😱😱

 

 

He's won it already. At least that's the impressing the commentators were giving. 🙄

 

Hopefully Ding can find his form in the next round.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

 

 

He's won it already. At least that's the impressing the commentators were giving. 🙄

 

Hopefully Ding can find his form in the next round.

 

 

 

Ronnie's looking good but there's Higgins, Trump, Selby, Williams, Bingham, Robertson, Murphy there too. These guys are all capable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

 

Ronnie's looking good but there's Higgins, Trump, Selby, Williams, Bingham, Robertson, Murphy there too. These guys are all capable. 

you also have the fact that the winner normally starts slowly and peaks around the semis or final

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you also have the fact that the winner normally starts slowly and peaks around the semis or final

I'd also say it's a bit different this year with no crowds. The guys are playing without that huge pressure. As John Higgins said, it's like playing down the club, top players can rattle centuries a lot easier without loads of people watching them and when they're a bit more relaxed. It really could be anyone of those guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Does the Scottish lassie no host it anymore? 

I don't know, was wondering who the smoking hot tanned brunette burd was myself. Definitely an upgrade on auld Hazel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Does the Scottish lassie no host it anymore? 

 

Hazel Irvine? She was due to present it but apparently back home due to some family illness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

 

Hazel Irvine? She was due to present it but apparently back home due to some family illness.

Similarly John Virgo is stuck in Spain due to quarantine rules thus is not on it

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Similarly John Virgo is stuck in Spain due to quarantine rules thus is not on it

Is John Inverdale in Spain anaw? 

🙏 Please say it's so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

£50k windfall for Higgins.   Maybe he can try his best to win now.

 

::troll::

 

And get a waistcoat that fits him.

i remember the days hitting a maximum at the crucible got you £147k for the maximum and £20k for the highest break

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mildly miss the days when the semi-finals were best of 31 instead of 33. Made the final seem like more of a jump, and therefore more special.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i remember the days hitting a maximum at the crucible got you £147k for the maximum and £20k for the highest break

 

A few years ago, didn't Ronnie deliberately ruin a 147 break right at the death in protest as the lowering of the prize money?

Edited by Cade
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cade said:

 

A few years ago, didn't Ronnie deliberately ruin a 147 break right at the death in protest as the lowering of the prize money?

 

Not quite.  There was no prize offered for it and when he got to the final black,  he stopped and was going to refuse to pot it.   But he was persuaded to put it in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

There was also the time he deliberately went for a pink with 1 or 2 reds left and got a 146.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do also remember when Ding was on a 147 but he forgot he was actually on for it and took an easier blue instead of the black

 

:gok:

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Higgins out to the superb Maflin.   Potential winner this guy.

sellick twat out you say

 

:kirk:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronnie just telling the truth. He could probably play until he is 60 and still win tournaments. The standard is so shit when you compare it to the 90s early 2000s

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Spy Who Loved Me

Ronnie was really rude in his post match interview with Rob Walker, saying how the young players are really bad.

 

So many young people look up to him and the fact that he said will probably make them feel like they have no confidence. 
 

Really poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of similarities between O'Sullivan and Nick Kyrgios, albeit Ronnie has a lot more natural talent in their respective sports. Kyrgios of course is vilified whilst O'Sullivan is celebrated.

 

They're both arseholes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
34 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ronnie just telling the truth. He could probably play until he is 60 and still win tournaments. The standard is so shit when you compare it to the 90s early 2000s

If there is someone in the current game that can assess the standards of today's up and coming players, it's Ronnie. 

 

I've not checked the path of the draw but is there a chance he could play someone he seems as poor? If he gets past Williams, he can't afford to get punted out by one of these guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronnie is kinda right though. Higgins, Williams and O'Sullivan are still top contenders. Yet when they came through along with Hendry just before them and Doherty, they finished off all the old guys. The young guys are nowhere near the standard they were at. The only two good enough to win it are Trump and Selby. That said, I hope Maflin wins it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

mark williams messing about getting two of he three spiders out and not holding the spider when taking the shot. he is also back to taking shots including safetys one handed. it is like he is treating it like an exhibition match. but tbf he has outplayed ronnie today. could he be hitting form at the right time to win the trophy?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...