Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Songs you hate and why

Recommended Posts

Marvin

With working from home since March (and hospitalisation) I have been listening to Radio 6. However at least 3 or 4 times in my working day I've noticed they insist on playing Televised Mind by Fontaine DC. I've heard it that often, I now switch off when it is played. Hate it even, it's not even that good a song. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

I quite like Fontaines DC. 

 

Anyway. I have two that really get me quite angry when they come on the radio. 

 

First one is Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars. The most over-produced beige shite ever released. 

 

Second one is Blurred Lines by old man Robin Thicke. Utter, utter shite. I mean look at the lyrics. 

 

Good girl
I know you want it
I know you want it
I know you want it
You're a good girl
Can't let it get past me
You're far from plastic
Talk about getting blasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

That shite by Journey and its X Factor Bollox covers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

That ****ing Reef song! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby.

 

When the song first came out, a woman in the local pub would put it on the juke box constantly. I think you got 5 songs for a pound and there were times where she would put it on 2 or 3 times. 
 

Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger 

 

Brutal song that simply gives me the rage as soon as I hear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stuart Lyon

Year of the cat by Al Stewart. Played repeatedly at our holiday hotel in Santa Ponsa! Must have heard it about 50 times over the fortnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That ****ing Reef song! 

 

They dug a hole for themselves making that a jingle for Chris Evans' Big Breakfast (or was it TFI Friday?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

They dug a hole for themselves making that a jingle for Chris Evans' Big Breakfast (or was it TFI Friday?).

 

No idea. I just absolutely hate that durge they released that everyone seems to go mad for.

 

Utter shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Year of the cat by Al Stewart. Played repeatedly at our holiday hotel in Santa Ponsa! Must have heard it about 50 times over the fortnight.

Great song but I think any song in the world would become hateable if played so frequently.

 

I didn't like Calvin Harris song Feels and then I saw the video so I now hate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
28 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

They dug a hole for themselves making that a jingle for Chris Evans' Big Breakfast (or was it TFI Friday?).

 

Was that not the Riverboat Song? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

Was that not the Riverboat Song? 

That was the theme tune but they also had "It's your letters" which Reef adapted from a song whose title I can't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

I could do a lot on this.

 

Any ABBA song would fall into it, especially Dancing Queen,

 

However, the one that really gets me is “i will survive’,. Objectively its not a bad song, however, in my experience any time its played drunken women seem to think it’s their own personal anthem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48

" Seasons in the sun " Terry Jacks . Thoroughly depressing  and maudlin .    " lonely this Christmas " - Mudd - see above .     😱 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesM48

Oh and " Billy don't be a hero " bile 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CF11JamTart

Come On Eileen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CF11JamTart

I am verging on  depeche mode obsessive, but i loathe "Just can't get enough" when it gets framed as a Celtic song. God knows how that came around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
14 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Come On Eileen.

I fecking hate that song. And any Bob Geldoff pish anaw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

" Seasons in the sun " Terry Jacks . Thoroughly depressing  and maudlin .    " lonely this Christmas " - Mudd - see above .     😱 

Although I like these song I totally get your views on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I fecking hate that song. And any Bob Geldoff pish anaw. 

Can't agree with that. Tonic for the Troops is a great album which I re-listened to a few weeks ago. And he managed a couple of good songs solo (Room 19 and The Great Song of Indifference come to mind.)

 

As a personality, though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid

Every single proclaimers song , not because their hibs fans * but because their singing is pish

 

 

 

 

 

*might have a bit to do with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

That was the theme tune but they also had "It's your letters" which Reef adapted from a song whose title I can't remember.

Raise Your Hands I think is their original song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geddyalexneil

I do remember we used to sing a version of "Seasons in the sun" at one time.

 

Something along the lines of "we had joy we had fun fun, we had hibees on the run, the fun didn't last cause the bast##ds ran too fast".

 

Not a song I liked much but I did sing our version whenever it kicked in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr 3 Putt

John Legend - all of you. Absolutely ****ing shite and it was played non stop few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rael11

We Built This City, The Final Countdown and anything by Bon Jovi. And Deacon Blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

This could easily go in the annoying adverts thread but that song from the TSB advert, I have just found the guys name is Aron Wright. Mumbling, boring shite. His voice disappears at the end of each line so you can barely here what he is singing, as if he is too overcome with emotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee

Beyonce Put a ring on it.

A song with no music, shite.

 

I got asked if I could play it recently. Yes, I can sit and do nothing, took me ages to learn.

 

(Also, was at a wedding on Saturday and when people found out I've been with the Mrs 14 years without getting married they started giving me that shit. ****. Off.)

 

Oh, and every thought Keane ever had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Statts1976uk

Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall or any other song that seems to have a children's choir in it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby.

 

When the song first came out, a woman in the local pub would put it on the juke box constantly. I think you got 5 songs for a pound and there were times where she would put it on 2 or 3 times.

 

30 years ago Orange Crush by REM.would get played to death in Grryfriars Bobby bar and as a result I started to dislike a band that never really bothered me.

Edited by Marvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

I am verging on  depeche mode obsessive, but i loathe "Just can't get enough" when it gets framed as a Celtic song. God knows how that came around.


You might like this version 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Anything by Beyoncé or Mariah Carey, total warbling shite. Change stations the second any of their songs come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anything by Beyoncé or Mariah Carey, total warbling shite. Change stations the second any of their songs come on.

I hope you change to Classic FM.

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Beyonce Put a ring on it.

A song with no music, shite.

 

I got asked if I could play it recently. Yes, I can sit and do nothing, took me ages to learn.

 

(Also, was at a wedding on Saturday and when people found out I've been with the Mrs 14 years without getting married they started giving me that shit. ****. Off.)

 

Oh, and every thought Keane ever had.

 

A friend from Granton square got married after being with his girlfriend for (not four) years. They thought "feck it, we'll get married. 12 months later, they can't stand the site of each other. My advice is, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

 

A friend from Granton square got married after being with his girlfriend for (not four) years. They thought "feck it, we'll get married. 12 months later, they can't stand the site of each other. My advice is, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

 

It didn't help that I was the designated driver, do you know how annoying drunk folk are all day and night once they get a single piece of patter into their head?

 

She is a smasher though, one of these days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I could do a lot on this.

 

Any ABBA song would fall into it, especially Dancing Queen,

 

However, the one that really gets me is “i will survive’,. Objectively its not a bad song, however, in my experience any time its played drunken women seem to think it’s their own personal anthem.

Abba are ace, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

It didn't help that I was the designated driver, do you know how annoying drunk folk are all day and night once they get a single piece of patter into their head?

 

I can guess, I am one of those annoying people you mentioned :laugh:

 

Edited by Marvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bunny Munro

Anything by Gerry Cinnamon, normally if you are a singer/songwriter you have talent in at least one area.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor

George Ezra, his voice grates on me, same for any Iron Maiden with Bruce Dickinson singing🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter

Joe Dolce , Shaddap you😏 face, worst song ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood

Detest every song that Rod Stewart and Lulu sing.
They”re just shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Joe Dolce , Shaddap you😏 face, worst song ever.

Whats-a-matter with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

 

A friend from Granton square got married after being with his girlfriend for (not four) years. They thought "feck it, we'll get married. 12 months later, they can't stand the site of each other. My advice is, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

23 years here, got an 18 yo son.

Never even discussed marriage.

🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

Come On Eileen.

 

1 hour ago, rael11 said:

We Built This City, The Final Countdown and anything by Bon Jovi. And Deacon Blue. 

 

44 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall or any other song that seems to have a children's choir in it!

 

Great shouts here.

 

There're so many I could be posting all day, but some particular low-lights for me are:

Bohemian Rhapsody: overblown, overbearing, over-produced, aural-indigestion-inducing, unlistenable, shite. The only good thing about it is that a reaction against it helped bring punk about.

MacArthur Park: Richard Harris should've stuck to being a great actor. Deeply annoying song, with deeply irritating lyrics. Hated it from the very first time I heard it. I don't know what Jimmy Webb was on at the time, or what was going through his head, as he was / is otherwise a fantastic songwriter.

Send In The Clowns: Deeply annoying song, with deeply irritating lyrics. ("Send in the clowns...don't bother they're here...") Well why bother writing the feckin' song then, ya [email protected][email protected]<9!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Whats-a-matter with it?

👍, very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola

Loch Lomond by Runrig. Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! 

 

Hated it played at Hampden and if anyone had it played at a function, they were judged! 

 

Shit, cringey and a just dirge! 

 

Now awaiting a certain poster to enlighten us about Craig David's Seven Days...😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micole
Posted (edited)

Oh were do I start. Guys that play in bands on here will know where I'm coming from so here goes.

Deacon Blue...Dignity, Real Gone Kid.

Come together.. Beatles.

ABBA ...usual standards

Van Morrison...Brown eyed girl

I have played all the above more times than I care to remember. Some of them are not bad songs but I just got really, really!! sick of them, night after night....😫😫 .There are many more but I just get the fear thinking about it.. 😁😁

Edited by micole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
19 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Whats-a-matter with it?

:fonzie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo

Sultans of Swing  -    Dire Straits

 

In fact, anything by them. :60:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrmarkus1981

Live and Let Die

 

Both versions

 

Don't know why, just rips my knitting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CF11JamTart
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:


You might like this version 😁

 

That's much better . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CF11JamTart
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Every single proclaimers song , not because their hibs fans * but because their singing is pish

 

 

 

 

 

*might have a bit to do with it 

 

I'm with you on that one. Cannot abide them. Never could.

 

It doesn't help that people down here assume that,  being Scottish, "500 miles" must be my favourite song.

 

Then they say... but what about the harmonies?  Screw that... if I want harmonies,  I'll listen to  the Evs. 

 

As far as I'm concerned,  there's only one pair of Reid siblings worth bothering about.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...