Dundee at home

Hoots

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, Hoots said:

...and Raith away for final game of the season.  Pretty amazing bookends to the season there.....conspiracy theorists - do your worst!

Let's hope the league is tied up before then/

I, 100% see that as a fix.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• williamgerrard

• Harry Potter

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, hueyview said:

Well that's the snooker starting on Saturday, indoors, so there's a chance..

Can see around 4000 allowed with a couple of hundred from Dundee

If that is the case, a decibel level qualification voice wise, should be implemented.

Also, plenty of banners.

bigdavemaddog

does anybody think that decent attendances will be in place by 12th December? im pencilling in the QOS game as my 1st trip of the season.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

As long as we're standing outside the ground singing it 👌 no money in their pocket but still need pay for the police 😁

THIS!!!

57 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Wish folk would stop posting stuff like this, every team will raise their game against us, it won't be a stroll in the park that's for sure.

Are we not allowed to have hopes?

I fully expect teams to raise their game. Last time round we went into the champIonship with practically a new team. This time, unless a lot move on, its with the same dross that was their last season.

Its up to Robbie and his staff to install in them a will to win ever game. If he can do that, I can’t see why we can’t win every game

7 minutes ago, bigdavemaddog said:

does anybody think that decent attendances will be in place by 12th December? im pencilling in the QOS game as my 1st trip of the season.

Absolutely impossible to tell.  All it takes is a significant flare up of COVID and that'll be the end of attendances at sporting events for the foreseeable. 

Hoping that we might at least get back to reasonable capacity crowds by then :thumbsup:

Horatio Caine
14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If that is the case, a decibel level qualification voice wise, should be implemented.

Also, plenty of banners.

We probably won't be allowed to sing or shout.  Might spread the nasty stuff even further.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Wish folk would stop posting stuff like this, every team will raise their game against us, it won't be a stroll in the park that's for sure.

It will be an absolute cake walk.

6 hours ago, Section Q said:

Last time we were down, our first league game was away to Rangers and we all know how that turned out.

Good point SQ, I had forgotten about that, but another clear case of the fixtures being rigged.  They put us away to Rangers on the first game of the season, then home to Hibs, hoping that we'd lose to Rangers, then win or take points off Hibs, giving Rangers a psychological advantage of being ahead of their only two serious rivals after two games.

It's proven even more by the fact that our final game of the season was at home to Rangers, normally each round of games follow more or less the same sequence.  They obviously hoped that by the time Rangers came to Tynecastle on the last game of the season, it would be a meaningless fixture.  Of course, it turned out they were right, just not in the way they hoped it would pan out.

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

On paper it looks that way but these teams will close shop and raise their level, we got a taste of that in March when Thistle forced the replay.  Boyce and Naismith are going to be key.  

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

On paper it looks that way but these teams will close shop and raise their level, we got a taste of that in March when Thistle forced the replay.  Boyce and Naismith are going to be key.  

Honestly see us beasting everyone. Robbie will have us set up to do what’s required. The Championship is at its weakest for a long time. 

colinmaroon
39 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

We probably won't be allowed to sing or shout.  Might spread the nasty stuff even further.

So it's percussion instruments then?

William H. Bonney
45 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

With the shite we have? I wouldn’t be so sure. 

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Just think, a Friday night game at Starks Park, we're crowned champions already, but a win will send Raith back to League 1 with Partick coming back up. 3,000 Hearts fans chanting 'Raith are going down'. Beautiful.

That would certainly be good, but what would be better?

We go into the last game of the season having already secured the title by a mile, Raith are second bottom, only out of the automatic relegation spot on goal difference, ahead of, let's say Arbroath.  Our last game is against Arbroath.  Raith manage to win their final game, thinking they've avoided relegation, when the news comes through that Arbroath managed, inexplicably, to beat Hearts 6-0, and overtake Raith on goal difference

Just now, Furious Styles said:

With the shite we have? I wouldn’t be so sure. 

I would be, and I am. We have some very good players and we now have the right manager for the job too. We simply have better players than all the other teams.

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I would be, and I am. We have some very good players and we now have the right manager for the job too. We simply have better players than all the other teams.

I think RN can get more out of them and he's going to have to as the standard they produced last season was Championship level. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Agreed there is no reason we shouldnt pish the league.

Remember that clubs have had to let go of a shedload of players so they are already weak as shit.

4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Of course teams will raise there game against us, if we are worried about that then we might as well give up. We should be storming that league without hardly breaking a sweat 

Such a shame we won't have 19,000 people in the stadium to afford Dundee a really warm welcome.

I hope we absolutely trounce them.

allystrachan
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

We go into the last game of the season having already secured the title by a mile, Raith are second bottom, only out of the automatic relegation spot on goal difference, ahead of, let's say Arbroath.  Our last game is against Arbroath.  Raith manage to win their final game, thinking they've avoided relegation, when the news comes through that Arbroath managed, inexplicably, to beat Hearts 6-0, and overtake Raith on goal difference

Not into throwing games to relegate anyone to be honest (except hibs) I hope we just get to go there & relegate them ourself. 

Robbie said he wants to use the sense of injustice to spur the players on. Those had better not just be words. Every Hearts player who takes to the pitch against the clubs who did this to us had better know what the fans expect in return for their support. We supporters have done our bit. Ann Budge and the legal guys have done their bit. Over to you now. No taking the foot of the gas. Ayr, Wraith Robbers, and Scumdee especially. We should be trying to ensure those three clubs have a negative goal difference that would relegate them,  every time we take to the field against them.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Not into throwing games to relegate anyone to be honest (except hibs) I hope we just get to go there & relegate them ourself. 

I would happily put out a youth team against ICT

18 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

If there are fans in the stadium then Hearts should warn him off as not being able to guarantee 

Edited by HMFCHammy

18 hours ago, number-16 said:

We could tell them to pay for the entire Roseburn up-front on a take it or leave it basis.

If they can't afford it then no tickets for them.

And then teams to do that to us ?

no thanks

18 hours ago, williamgerrard said:

See anyone using covid as a excuse not to show up and give dundee a hostile welcome please do one we can still do it in a safe manner 

Explain how

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Our last game IS Raith mate. :lol: 

We can do it all on our terms!

Horatio Caine
9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

So it's percussion instruments then?

Hopefully not the only things to get well beaten that day

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Such a shame we won't have 19,000 people in the stadium to afford Dundee a really warm welcome.

I hope we absolutely trounce them.

If fans were allowed without distancing this would be a banker full house from Hearts fans.

A great pity it won’t be.

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Good point SQ, I had forgotten about that, but another clear case of the fixtures being rigged.  They put us away to Rangers on the first game of the season, then home to Hibs, hoping that we'd lose to Rangers, then win or take points off Hibs, giving Rangers a psychological advantage of being ahead of their only two serious rivals after two games.

It's proven even more by the fact that our final game of the season was at home to Rangers, normally each round of games follow more or less the same sequence.  They obviously hoped that by the time Rangers came to Tynecastle on the last game of the season, it would be a meaningless fixture.  Of course, it turned out they were right, just not in the way they hoped it would pan out.

Two home games against Dundee and Iinverness is a good sign. With only 27 games though our advantage of the "larger squad over a long season" theory isn't the same. We'll just have to come out of the stocks all fired up. Big first game for us.

William H. Bonney
8 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Agreed there is no reason we shouldnt pish the league.

Remember that clubs have had to let go of a shedload of players so they are already weak as shit.

Whilst we have retained our players and remain weak as shit. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

We've nearly two and half months until the first game there will be literally thousands of players available on frees. Do you not think there will be some wheeling and dealing done by JJ and Robbie to get the squad together they want? 

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, My half sister said:

at least we will be playing with a goalkeeper this season, that should help

correct.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We've nearly two and half months until the first game there will be literally thousands of players available on frees. Do you not think there will be some wheeling and dealing done by JJ and Robbie to get the squad together they want? 

And he will now have decent contacts down south.

10 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And he will now have decent contacts down south.

And hopefully after last season, Robbie will be well aware of Dundee's strengths and weaknesses for them arriving for the first game.

Ex member of the SaS
7 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Hopefully not the only things to get well beaten that day

I see what you did there.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Helps us too. Not seeing the problem. People against it not calling to go back to 1 sub.

Actually this is not completely correct at this time.

It has only been put in front of the SPL and passed.

The SPFL have yet to ask the other 3 leagues but are going to soon according to them

https://spfl.co.uk/news/scottish-premiership-clubs-approve-five-substitu

6 hours ago, Australis said:

And hopefully after last season, Robbie will be well aware of Dundee's strengths and weaknesses for them arriving for the first game.

Robbie may have a bit of a struggle with this after Celtic loan 4 players to Dundee as a wee thank you for their vote

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Robbie may have a bit of a struggle with this after Celtic loan 4 players to Dundee as a wee thank you for their vote

Nothing surer, will be decent also.

On 30/07/2020 at 09:03, HMFCHammy said:

And then teams to do that to us ?

no thanks

We shouldn't be taking tickets for the likes of Dundee away anyway 😂

Let them go bust and die

15 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Actually this is not completely correct at this time.

It has only been put in front of the SPL and passed.

The SPFL have yet to ask the other 3 leagues but are going to soon according to them

https://spfl.co.uk/news/scottish-premiership-clubs-approve-five-substitu

Half those clubs won't want to have to pay an extra two wages.

3 hours ago, number-16 said:

Half those clubs won't want to have to pay an extra two wages.

They don’t have to.

the rules state the maximum number of subs you can name.

no minimum 

4 hours ago, HMFCHammy said:

They don’t have to.

the rules state the maximum number of subs you can name.

no minimum 

But why would they vote to give their opponents a competitive advantage that they maybe can't afford?

Edited by number-16

Guest ToqueJambo
On 30/07/2020 at 08:31, Mikey1874 said:

Helps us too. Not seeing the problem. People against it not calling to go back to 1 sub.

This should benefit the bigger teams with deeper squads, so us in our league basically. Last time in the Championship we benefited hugely later in games from pace like Billy King on the bench. Recruiting a couple of pacy wide men has to be a priority. The time-wasting and game break-up of two extra subs though could be a problem. I can see teams using it against us if we're getting into our flow.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 30/07/2020 at 01:51, Furious Styles said:

We can't just sack players on contract. Even with our existing squad we're massively stronger than every other team in our league. The main challenge is getting the existing players who got us "relegated" up for a fight, something Levein and Stendel failed at. I'm sure Neilson would like to do a 2014 style clearout but it may not be possible.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 29/07/2020 at 14:11, Lfhearts said:

It actually might be. Put it this way, it was a stroll last time, and this time we have a stronger squad than last time, with a more experienced manager, and the league itself is much weaker, not just with no Hibs and Rangers but the economic situation that means most teams in our league won't be able too strengthen. The key will be to get off to a good start and for fans to back the team no matter what.