Jason Holt....how did it all go wrong....

Section Q

Howdy Doody Jambo

He could still do a job for us, a good passer of the ball, scored a few goals had a lot of football about him 

jack D and coke

Just one of these “safe” players that don’t really do anything with the ball. We seem to produce quite a lot of them. Technically good player but just didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. 
A belter of a goal against the Huns and a nice lad. 
Good luck to him. 

Kid with ambition that turned into delusions of grandeur.

Will have earned a good amount at the Sevco so should be set for life. Wouldn’t have him anywhere near a Hearts team though after he left us without a care. 🐍

PhoenixHearts
56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would take him for the championship 100%

Wouldn't make the bench. Haring, Irving, Walker, Cochrane and Damour all ahead of him.

WheatfieldWarrior
57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would take him for the championship 100%

Was a bit of a benchwarmer in the championship for us last time round if I recall - can't see Neilson bringing him back.

Bunny Munro

We seem to have developed a few players who obviously thought they were better than us. McGhee, Holt, Walker. 

Holt would bite our hand off if we offered him a deal.

13 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

We seem to have developed a few players who obviously thought they were better than us. McGhee, Holt, Walker. 

Were they all represented by Houldesworth?

Thought he looked a great player when he was first coming through. Technically very gifted. 

Assuming we are in the Championship next season wouldn’t have a problem with him coming back. 

52 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

File beside Robinson....

Meh...............

Unknown user
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Just one of these “safe” players that don’t really do anything with the ball. We seem to produce quite a lot of them. Technically good player but just didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. 
A belter of a goal against the Huns and a nice lad. 
Good luck to him. 

Exactly, the phrase "neat and tidy" was made for him.

SomethingAboutObua

Never got the hype about him but did think we would’ve been in for him if we had an exodus of players but so far that doesn’t seem to have happened 

Didn't he score a beauty against Sevco to win us the Championship in November?  

November.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Costly penalty miss that was from Cumdog.  Relegation with a side serving of humiliation.

3fingersreid

I’m not going to have a go at a guy who played in a Hearts team that won a league and was playing football in a manner we enjoyed watching . 

That said there are very very few players who when doing well at Hearts leave and go into bigger and better things , whilst agents may well be a necessary evil , there’s a lot of players who’s careers have stalled or gone backwards because of the pish their agent has filled their heads with . 

15 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m not going to have a go at a guy who played in a Hearts team that won a league and was playing football in a manner we enjoyed watching . 

That said there are very very few players who when doing well at Hearts leave and go into bigger and better things , whilst agents may well be a necessary evil , there’s a lot of players who’s careers have stalled or gone backwards because of the pish their agent has filled their heads with . 

This.  Agents have a lot to answer for. Often more interested in their “cut” than what’s actually good for their client.

Neil Dongcaster

I don’t think he was ever that good. He will be playing for the likes of Kelty in a couple of years. 

The guy has done something we can only dream of by playing for Hearts, but it shows how bad the standard is in Scotland.

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Wouldn't make the bench. Haring, Irving, Walker, Cochrane and Damour all ahead of him.

😂 you are having a laugh.. I nearly took you seriously until I saw damour. ****ing Damour - he’s utterly dogshit 

9 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Will have earned a good amount at the Sevco so should be set for life. Wouldn’t have him anywhere near a Hearts team though after he left us without a care. 🐍

This sums it up for me.

Felt he was a lot better than he was and should of been starting week in-week out. Couldn’t wait to get away and slowly realised that he’d bitten off more than he could chew.

WoolfordsHearts

I find the"how did it all go wrong"bit puzzling.

He's had a pretty decent career playing up here and down south,with the possibility of a move to spl club still.

Not everyone ends up at Man utd or Real Madrid.

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, WoolfordsHearts said:

I find the"how did it all go wrong"bit puzzling.

He's had a pretty decent career playing up here and down south,with the possibility of a move to spl club still.

Not everyone ends up at Man utd or Real Madrid.

Agreed. He's played a good amount of games for some good clubs and is still only 27. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Whilst I agree with that the height of your ambition, as much and as big a jambo as you you can be, should never just be to stay with Hearts. 
He fancied a crack at something else and fair enough. We didn’t make that much effort to keep him either IIRC so no hard feelings from me about that either. He’s played for Rangers too (which summed up exactly where they were imo) so he’s done not too badly. He’s probably got a couple of quid and has still got 5 decent years left if he stays fit. Good luck to him👍🏼

Randy Marsh
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 you are having a laugh.. I nearly took you seriously until I saw damour. ****ing Damour - he’s utterly dogshit 

Cochrane as well.  Nowhere near as good as Holt and never be. 

Well, he has the same agent as Walker, King, Cummings, Halliday and Scott Allan.

Whats the one link all of those players have in common? Either have played for or been heavily linked but its fallen through with a transfer to Rangers. 

- Cummings is now playing for shite clubs down south

- King is playing in the league of Ireland

- Walkers move to Wigan was a disaster 

- Holts having to do trials at shite like Livi after being turfed out a club he really had no business being at

- Allan wasted (more) of his career sitting on the bench at Celtic. 

Halliday is about the only success but his move to Gabala seemed to have virtually zero research done on it. League rules limit foreign players so he had very little chance of actual game time. 

The guy is a god awful agent that seems hellbent on moving all his players to rangers with virtually no plan B for after they leave or if it doesn't work out. 

Poisonous short termism which seems to have damaged all of those lads careers. But, hey, at least Aldo got to act billy big time at Ibrox for a minute. 

I said this when the Walker saga was running, but we shouldn't be doing business with that guy. Will ruin more youngsters at Hearts if we continue to deal with him. 

Absolute Scenes

I am pretty sure we let holt go, he didn’t go after rangers

I hardly think so. He would be on a decent wage but nothing that would set him up for life.

bajthejambo

Is it not the case that Jason Holt has found his level? Was he ever destined for anything greater? Rangers, St Johnstone, Fleetwood and ourselves. It's a decent career in fairness. Livingston is a good move for a player like him. Look at Steven Lawless for example?

Most of the young players who came through at that time were average at best, with the exception of Calum Paterson. McHattie, McGhee, Mackay, Holt, Walker, Hamilton and others were always going to make a career for themselves but not at a high level.

In Holt's case, thought he was the dogs bollocks and downed tools. A bit-part player who ended up on the bench more than the others. No time for people that disrespect the badge, the attitude was all wrong. He's just another player we produced that isn't good enough and will play at a lower standard for the rest of his career. I mean...trial at Livingston!? Surely they know what he's about without a trial. Last chance saloon at Livy, or he'll be playing for a Morton or Alloa before he knows it.

ooh-aah-cantona
54 minutes ago, OTT said:

Well, he has the same agent as Walker, King, Cummings, Halliday and Scott Allan.

Whats the one link all of those players have in common? Either have played for or been heavily linked but its fallen through with a transfer to Rangers. 

- Cummings is now playing for shite clubs down south

- King is playing in the league of Ireland

- Walkers move to Wigan was a disaster 

- Holts having to do trials at shite like Livi after being turfed out a club he really had no business being at

- Allan wasted (more) of his career sitting on the bench at Celtic. 

Halliday is about the only success but his move to Gabala seemed to have virtually zero research done on it. League rules limit foreign players so he had very little chance of actual game time. 

The guy is a god awful agent that seems hellbent on moving all his players to rangers with virtually no plan B for after they leave or if it doesn't work out. 

Poisonous short termism which seems to have damaged all of those lads careers. But, hey, at least Aldo got to act billy big time at Ibrox for a minute. 

I said this when the Walker saga was running, but we shouldn't be doing business with that guy. Will ruin more youngsters at Hearts if we continue to deal with him. 

Levein refused to do any more business with Houldsworth and quite rightly so. He warned against any young player going into business with him too.

Not sure what changed with Walker coming back though.

2 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Levein refused to do any more business with Houldsworth and quite rightly so. He warned against any young player going into business with him too.

Not sure what changed with Walker coming back though.

I sincerely hope that remains in place. Levein got that one spot on. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

This. 

After Pereira, Damour was most to blame for the situation we find ourselves in.  An absolute imposter. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I hardly think so. He would be on a decent wage but nothing that would set him up for life.

We’re they not chucking 5-10k a week contracts about when they were in the bottom tier? A few years on that sort of cash, sensibly invested and you’ve cracked it. 

Edited by GinRummy

Robbo-Jambo
10 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Damour should be the first player we should be trying to get shot of. 

Woeful player with a shi*e attitude. 

gashauskis9

I suspect he’s made a few quid and it looks like he’ll be playing in a league above us.  Hardly suggests that it went wrong for him.

Don't understand the ill feeling, he's done pretty well for himself as a football player to date.  He was part of a great hearts team, scoring a great and vital goal against rangers.  He left because he wanted more opportunities to play, I thought.

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Don't understand the ill feeling, he's done pretty well for himself as a football player to date.  He was part of a great hearts team, scoring a great and vital goal against rangers.  He left because he wanted more opportunities to play, I thought.

Absolutely this.

rudi must stay

Holt was decent, no better as a central mid. As another posted said, not everyone goes to Man Utd and hes done alright 

All things being equal though, having to trial with Livi, and the best outcome he can expect is drawing a wage from the Tony Macaroni and playing footie on a plastic pitch. Maybe we build up our youngsters too much.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I am pretty sure we let holt go, he didn’t go after rangers

His contract expired and he refused our offer of a new contract (what the terms were I couldn't say but it may have just been a token offer to trigger a youth development fee).

Rangers refused to pay the development fee we were due and we eventually waived it so that he wouldn't be stuck without a club.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, number-16 said:

His contract expired and he refused our offer of a new contract (what the terms were I couldn't say but it may have just been a token offer to trigger a youth development fee).

Rangers refused to pay the development fee we were due and we eventually waived it so that he wouldn't be stuck without a club.

wow that’s nuts! I genuinely thought we’d let him go.