• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• GinRummy

• OldGorgie

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can’t fault him for effort and attitude but technically poor. Gets embroiled in battles and loses out with the refs because he is bigger than most others. He needs to get smarter with the way he handles the attention he gets. I remember that day against Aberdeen at home as probably his finest performance and scored a good goal. Ferguson and Consideine (I think) we’re all over him that day but he just kept playing away and didn’t fall around too much and got his rewards. He is a strong guy but not sure he has the technical ability or the nouse to merit a place.

12 hours ago, o1djambo said:

And that would make two of them because neither was Stendel good enough. The club of ours was in dire straits and Berra gets punted in a disgraceful manner and Uche told he is crap. Some encouragement that which proved  Stendal to have poor judgement as the team were poor under him. Begone Mr Stendal.

stendel was good enough, berra was not, needed a large roundabout to turn and was slower than me.

58 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

We need to trim the squad and he is one I’d let go.

Yup. If we keep everyone in the squad we can’t freshen things up. 

We have enough Strikers but I would definitely keep Naisy, Washington and Boyce - Ship out Wighton and Uche, and bring in a good striker, someone with a bit of pace and who can score and has an eye for a goal 

Frontline sorted after that 

13 hours ago, o1djambo said:

And that would make two of them because neither was Stendel good enough. The club of ours was in dire straits and Berra gets punted in a disgraceful manner and Uche told he is crap. Some encouragement that which proved  Stendal to have poor judgement as the team were poor under him. Begone Mr Stendal.

Berra gets punted in a disgraceful manner ?

I’m not saying it was nice but necessary Is probably a more appropriate expression 

He captained the club and took them to the depths of the bottom of the league. What can u expect 

The club was in dire straits a long long time before Stendel arrived 

Big Slims World Cup Ticket

He has many positive attributes but his decision making is very poor. That’s something that could be coached. 

Keep him and improve him. 

Edited by Big Slims World Cup Ticket

joondalupjambo
26 minutes ago, Big Slims World Cup Ticket said:

He has many positive attributes but his decision making is very poor. That’s something that could be coached. 

Regardless if he stays or goes that is him for me.  He needs to be coached in terms of how to deal with refs, how to challenge so that he is not always seen as the aggressor and to work out on the pitch the best decision.  A lot I know but he has the raw talent and just needs the right level of coaching and perhaps more time dedicated to him.  Hearts may not have the luxury of being able to do that in terms of time for the one to one or group coaching for him alone and/or have the correct folk to do it.  If they feel they do they could keep him because he could be a valuable asset.  If not then we took the gamble so we move him on.   

He  scored against the Hibs though and saved us losing a game against them so always a player that does not get jip from me for that alone :pleased: 

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Beslija’s contribution was one cross....

That day v United he was motm if I remember correctly 

BackOfTheNet
52 minutes ago, Big Slims World Cup Ticket said:

Keep him and improve him. 

I’d agree with this. Unfortunately a portion of our support (amplified on this site) don’t seem to grasp our level and that of Scottish football. They expect fully fledged players in their prime unable to make errors for some reason. My bet the same guys at fives that shout and moan all game despite being the worst players themselves.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Just seen the story about him driving 7 hours to do a homeless event in London for a friend of his mums,also met him at FOH plot ceremony,seems a good guy,seems to get Hearts and their fans,ok maybe didn't have the best year but it would say more about us as a club that we give him a chance,let people develop a bit rather than punting them at first opportunity.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Harsh.  He tried hard but simply isn't good enough.

How come such a big strapping lad fell down so easily?

I think he definitely needs more gym time ML. He could easily do with putting on a few extra stone to keep these nasty scottish defenders from fouling him and pulling him down all the time. Maybe if he gets up to 18 stone he’d be able to stay on his feet :whistling: 

34 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Just seen the story about him driving 7 hours to do a homeless event in London for a friend of his mums,also met him at FOH plot ceremony,seems a good guy,seems to get Hearts and their fans,ok maybe didn't have the best year but it would say more about us as a club that we give him a chance,let people develop a bit rather than punting them at first opportunity.

If Hearts was a social support company then yes, but as we are a football club - we expect players to be able to stay upright most of the game and pass the ball to fellow players. Uche spends more time wrestling with defenders, running around like desperate dan on speed and blasting the ball anywhere but at the goal most games. That’s why he gets criticised.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Regardless if he stays or goes that is him for me.  He needs to be coached in terms of how to deal with refs, how to challenge so that he is not always seen as the aggressor and to work out on the pitch the best decision.  A lot I know but he has the raw talent and just needs the right level of coaching and perhaps more time dedicated to him.  Hearts may not have the luxury of being able to do that in terms of time for the one to one or group coaching for him alone and/or have the correct folk to do it.  If they feel they do they could keep him because he could be a valuable asset.  If not then we took the gamble so we move him on.   

He  scored against the Hibs though and saved us losing a game against them so always a player that does not get jip from me for that alone :pleased: 

And how do you think Stendel telling him he wasn’t good enough came about? He was being coached by Stendel and didn’t want to hear it. He was the golden boy of the old regime due to his physical attributes and his desire to run around like headless chicken. Stendel wanted him to play football, lead the press, link the play.......he couldn’t do any of it and wasn’t trying to learn it either. He was binned and ran to the press like a little baby cause the new manager told him some home truths. Bin him. 

Difficult to argue with this. Unfortunately Uche is just not good enough, love for him to prove me and many others wrong.

upgotheheads

Not helped by the fact he'll never get a chance from the refs until he signs for one of the arse cheeks. He gets manhandled and fouled constantly and the refs blame him because he so big.

If we're in the Championship he's good enough to be in the squad - he'll cause all kinds of problems as teams try to deal with his strength. 

In the Premiership he's had his moments but no, he's not good enough. 

Scored a few important goals for us, tries hard, likeable guy, wont be on a huge wage.

Unlike some i wouldnt be in a rush to get rid. Particularly in championship could play his part.

16 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

If he spent less time falling about he would probably be ok. 

And if he ever looked to pass the ball that would help. Also stop trying to score goals from ridiculous angles.

Calebs Grandad
17 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

just read his interview in the evening  news saying that Daniel Stendal told him he wasn't good enough  which on his form was a good point as he has  been pretty rubbish this season does anyone think he will be good enough ,I think if we are in the Championship  he would do ok but if we are in the SPL I dont think he is good enough 

heres the link   https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/uche-ikpeazu-fired-after-daniel-stendel-said-he-wasnt-good-enough-hearts-2908931

Van Basten volley v Soviet Union

Maradona hand of god v England

Uche falling over the ball v St Johnstone

He could score 30 next season Wattie but certain games will always become certain players legacies 😂

49 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And if he ever looked to pass the ball that would help. Also stop trying to score goals from ridiculous angles.

Properly used, properly coached and properly fit he would be a good option for us. None of that applied last season.  Maybe Robbie and his coaches can bring out the best in him.

Famous 1874
10 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Scored some fantastic goals for us including a couple at Easter Road.

Far from "absolutely woeful" – he's good enough.

10 goals in 55 games. 
3 Inverness 

2 Cowdenbeath 
2 Hibs

1 Aberdeen

1 Kilmarnock 

1 St Mirren? I think 

That is absolutely woeful. I would have scored more with the amount of sitters and big chances he has missed. 

52 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Van Basten volley v Soviet Union

Maradona hand of god v England

Uche falling over the ball v St Johnstone

He could score 30 next season Wattie but certain games will always become certain players legacies 😂

Nah, let us be fair here. Uche bamboozling 2 Hibs defenders made to look like rabbits caught in headlights with a double step-over at Easter Road then laying it off for a top goal. I also seem to remember him ripping the *Rangers defense to shreds. Just sayin'. 👍

50 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Properly used, properly coached and properly fit he would be a good option for us. None of that applied last season.  Maybe Robbie and his coaches can bring out the best in him.

We can live in hope. He seems a lovely guy but I am not convinced that he can change his style but hopefully he can.

Seems a great guy and he has the right attitude in that interview. Seems like the much maligned (on this thread) approach from Stendel worked. Uche was in poor condition and nowhere near as good as he thought he was. Sounds like Stendel's reality check may have worked, given he says he's now in the best condition he's been in.

Sadly, I don't think he's got the footballing brain to be a good player for us. He plays like an academy player breaking through, no guile, doesn't read the game and charges about until he's blowing out his arse after 60 minutes. The issue is, he isn't an academy player, he's 25 years old. Last chance saloon under Robbie, I really hope he takes it as like I say, he seems a thoroughly decent guy.

Edited by Taffin

Smoked-Glass

Shud put his head doon like a bull and just plough on through.  He ll need to be fouled to stop him and the ref can't ignore it indefinitely. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

10 goals in 55 games. 
3 Inverness 

2 Cowdenbeath 
2 Hibs

1 Aberdeen

1 Kilmarnock 

1 St Mirren? I think 

That is absolutely woeful. I would have scored more with the amount of sitters and big chances he has missed. 

He scored against Partick in the cup.

Famous 1874
53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He scored against Partick in the cup.

Will be that instead of the St Mirren one then

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, itsnomarooned said:

This is Wighton's year - mark my words. 

Bookmark this .................. to laugh at me later.

no danger will Wighton  kick on hopefully he is let go uche is  far better out the two:rifle:

Harry Potter
12 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I think he definitely needs more gym time ML. He could easily do with putting on a few extra stone to keep these nasty scottish defenders from fouling him and pulling him down all the time. Maybe if he gets up to 18 stone he’d be able to stay on his feet :whistling: 

18 stone lol.😃

Provides a different option, is unplayable in flashes. I like him coming in off the wing but needs to improve his decision making and finishing to be a regular.

Would note that the Scottish referees are absolutely woeful towards him, its one rule for Uche and then some wee naff will fall down the other end from someone breathing on him and get the foul. The boxing day Hibs game when he was wrestled to the ground was absolutely madness that no penalty was given.

wattie exploited
21 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep. And lettuce leaf hands as well. Stendell really had a couple of shockers right there

Uche for me is decent.  Hardly the worst we’ve had the last 4 seasons. On his day he is unplayable. Referees hated him for whatever reason which really never helped his case

on his day he is good the problem is he doesn't have enough off them  :rifle:

6 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

This is Wighton's year - mark my words. 

Bookmark this .................. to laugh at me later.

maybe do ok in the championship but he is nowhere near good enough. Couldn’t lace Uches boots

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

maybe do ok in the championship but he is nowhere near good enough. Couldn’t lace Uches boots

Uche and Wighton ffs 🤬🤬

wattie exploited
13 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

That day v United he was motm if I remember correctly 

wasnt he our most expensive signing ever at £750,000 or £850,000  played one good game then was total shit !!!!!! :rifle:

Holyrood_Hearts
10 hours ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. He’s never going to be prolific but he has plenty to his game (work rate & attitude amongst them) 

33 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

wasnt he our most expensive signing ever at £750,000 or £850,000  played one good game then was total shit !!!!!! :rifle:

Think it was the £850,000 figure yes.

tbf he was never given a good enough run of games to make a proper judgement, I can’t remember if he was injured or just wasn’t fancied?

Rocky jamboa

Uche can be quite skillful and hard to get off the ball. His goal v Aberdeen shows what he can do. He gives his all when he plays, gets stuck in, and one of the only cult players we have at the moment. I cant really think of any other players who we sing their name at the moment. Uche, uche!! 😁

However, buying guys from luton (lee) and cambridge (uche) is probably why we're in the position we're in just now. 

On 09/07/2020 at 16:16, wattie exploited said:

just read his interview in the evening  news saying that Daniel Stendal told him he wasn't good enough  which on his form was a good point as he has  been pretty rubbish this season does anyone think he will be good enough ,I think if we are in the Championship  he would do ok but if we are in the SPL I dont think he is good enough 

heres the link   https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/uche-ikpeazu-fired-after-daniel-stendel-said-he-wasnt-good-enough-hearts-2908931

I think Stendel was right. I warmed to Uche as a personality and would never fault his commitment but to be honest his style of play was on par with what I saw on the Meadows as a kid. And that is not an exaggeration - kick and run and hope for the best. 

My feeling on Uche he is either at 9/10 and unplayable...or a 3/10 and doesn't look like footballer and you know from first whistle of match which one will be.

Unfortunately the 9/10's have been sparce and become less frequent as time passed.

I would like to give him another go under neilson...maybe heart ruling head.

If Lee McCulloch comes in as Ronnie's assistant, Uche could learn a lot from him. 

Uche's decision making and general football IQ is what let's him down massively. He's needs to be smart as he can be guilty of thinking he's Messi at times when he clearly isn't. 

I don't think he's ever likely to score bucket loads but can be a handy player to keep. 

On 09/07/2020 at 16:21, David McCaig said:

Still far more effective than Steven MacLean who Stendel chose to start in his first 4 matches!!!

Yup. IMO he needs a manager/coach who can take the passion/commitment and polish it. Teach him a bot patience and how to stay on his feet. Seems to me he's an arm around the shoulder kind of player

Edited by Jamhammer