wattie exploited

wattie exploited
On 11/07/2020 at 12:45, OldGorgie said:

Uche has had enough time to establish himself. It’s nonsense to suggest he is capable of becoming a decent forward. 

think he will get a chance if we are in the championship  but def not got enough for The SPL  as he doesnt score  enough goals but you can say that about all our forwards last season ,the last good goal scorer was lafferty with 19 goals :rifle:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• GinRummy

• OldGorgie

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be scraping the barrel but when played in centre, he was usually battling with two defenders, the mass of bodies made it easier to hide fouls. Out on the wing, one on one it was more obvious they were holding, kicking etc, we got more fouls or we made a bit of progress.

Neverforgetfiveone

To be fair the  Big man has pulled us out the s***e a couple of times, he’s a handful for centre backs. Problem for us is that when he plays we become one dimensional.

Remembering the days... Berra punts it high and long in the direction of Uche. Uche fails to control.... ball comes back to Berra... Berra punts it high and long.... 

I miss it..... 🤔

20 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Might be scraping the barrel but when played in centre, he was usually battling with two defenders, the mass of bodies made it easier to hide fouls. Out on the wing, one on one it was more obvious they were holding, kicking etc, we got more fouls or we made a bit of progress.

You're probably right but at times, regardless of where on the pitch he was, he would kind of wrestle with his man for a bit then just collapse and not win a foul. 

wattie exploited
On 10/07/2020 at 09:06, complete control said:

Both berra and uche were absolute dreadful this season. ive got to agree with our ex manager.

there was more than just berra and uche  try like 90 % of the team and coaches we had so many shit players and still do in fact need to get rid off at least another 9 players :rifle:

complete control
7 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

there was more than just berra and uche  try like 90 % of the team and coaches we had so many shit players and still do in fact need to get rid off at least another 9 players :rifle:

Agreed 

On 14/07/2020 at 22:26, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Nowhere near good enough for Hearts.

Agreed, not worth debating though as he won’t be here at start of season. Has been told he is surplus. 

On 14/07/2020 at 22:14, Smithee said:

I've said before that there's value in playing him out wide. He might not he a traditional winger but he's pretty good at going past a player with the ball, I'd like to see him play wide with instructions to come inside and forward at every opportunity. Defences hate him, he'd wreak havoc for others to take advantage of I reckon.

When we beat St M 5-2, their left back must have had the shakes for weeks after what Uche did to him all game.

It just didn't happen often enough. We've seen him do it, we just need to use him wisely. He wasn't clever enough for Daniel, he wasn't actually the target man Levein wanted. If Robbie uses him to draw defenders wide and to get running at people, he'll be useful horses for courses. Washington, Naismith, Boyce, Walker, all better players but big man could be useful, still.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

When we beat St M 5-2, their left back must have had the shakes for weeks after what Uche did to him all game.

It just didn't happen often enough. We've seen him do it, we just need to use him wisely. He wasn't clever enough for Daniel, he wasn't actually the target man Levein wanted. If Robbie uses him to draw defenders wide and to get running at people, he'll be useful horses for courses. Washington, Naismith, Boyce, Walker, all better players but big man could be useful, still.

he was outstanding that day but not sure if was a reflection on how poor the left back was. Big uche looked shattered tho and put in a real shift

Just now, Newton51 said:

he was outstanding that day but not sure if was a reflection on how poor the left back was. Big uche looked shattered tho and put in a real shift

He did similar to Celtic from a similar starting position too now I think of it.

Basically don't play him central and pump balls at him, eh!!

Actually, please don't do that with any of our forwards!!!

Seems like Austin thought was best way to use him but sure he had a shocker at Kilmarnock the next game in the same position 

Holyrood_Hearts

Personally I’d punt Washington & Wighton out the door ahead of Uche (plus Berra, White, Damour, Zlamal & Doyle) 

2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Personally I’d punt Washington & Wighton out the door ahead of Uche (plus Berra, White, Damour, Zlamal & Doyle) 

Washington has struggled to be fully fit but is head and shoulders above Uche. More skillful and much more game intelligence,  also has much more experience at a higher level than Uche.   

Dallas Green

Washington is a better footballer than Uche.

Is that because you think we’d get money for Washington or that he’s too similar to other players or something? Washington is a much better player than Uche. 

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Washington is a footballer. Uche despite his efforts can’t look up whilst he has the ball at his feet. 

Heartsofgold
23 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You're probably right but at times, regardless of where on the pitch he was, he would kind of wrestle with his man for a bit then just collapse and not win a foul. 

That wasn't his fault in most cases.  He was penalised for being a tank of a man.

JamboAndrew

Wighton has actually got a record of scoring goals in the championship. And, should confidence come, could be a saleable asset.

Washington to be saleable needs to have a good season and start scoring. Highly probably in the championship.

I want Uche to do well. But he is the one I have the biggest question mark about, especially when I think, woukd anyone ever pay money for him.

To get 500k for Washington after a good season is not inconceivable. And to get a little bit for Wighton should he score regularly enough for an English league 2 team to take a punt is not out of this world.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Washington is a footballer. Uche despite his efforts can’t look up whilst he has the ball at his feet. 

Agreed.  Despite the eventual outcome, just look at his'step overs' before he set up Hickey for his goal against the Leith Scum.  It looked ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

That wasn't his fault in most cases.  He was penalised for being a tank of a man.

I agree to an extent but sometimes he seemed to be more involved with the wrestling and grappling than trying to play the ball to an opponent. 

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree to an extent but sometimes he seemed to be more involved with the wrestling and grappling than trying to play the ball to an opponent. 

GR, most of the time he was being held pulled and pushed that would get a foul against any other centre forward EVERY TIME!!!  The amount of times he was hauled to the ground or fouled by his marker(s) and got nothing was ridiculous.

He would shield the ball and the centre half could not move him out of the way due to his size and strength ad he would get fouled, sometimes by the 2nd marker.

Edited by Heartsofgold

Jambof3tornado

Uche doesnt get the fouls he should which badly impacts his game. He is rash when given a shooting chance and as mentioned rarely looks up.

Not overly fussed if he stays or goes.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This, he often held on to the ball too long which allowed the ref to give fouls against him.

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

GR, most of the time he was being held pulled and pushed that would get a foul against any other centre forward EVERY TIME!!!  The amount of times he was hauled to the ground or fouled by his marker(s) and got nothing was ridiculous.

He would shield the ball and the centre half could not move him out of the way due to his size and strength ad he would get fouled, sometimes by the 2nd marker.

Changed times. He tries to foul his marker first and makes it easy for the ref.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

No he doesn't he backs in while watching the ball coming at him.  The foul is committed byt the CH's climbing or rather clambering, all over him or holding him back.  There is not a centre half in the Premiership that's bigger or stronger than Uche so the HAVE to foul him to contain him.  The funny thing is that he cannot pass worth a lick and is lumbering when he starts to run.

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Both of them are expendable 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

No he doesn't he backs in while watching the ball coming at him.  The foul is committed byt the CH's climbing or rather clambering, all over him or holding him back.  There is not a centre half in the Premiership that's bigger or stronger than Uche so the HAVE to foul him to contain him.  The funny thing is that he cannot pass worth a lick and is lumbering when he starts to run.

Part of the problem is as simple as this. He grabs the opponent’s jersey,  presumably to gauge where he is. But if a foul is committed by defender, it’s quite difficult to award it to Uche who has his shirt in his hand. 
By simply not holding on, it makes it easier to award the foul against the defender. 
it’s so obvious but why has no manager just told him to let go of the jersey. He’s strong enough to protect the ball without the need to resort to this. 

Either way it's a no from me. 

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

When I spoke to a ref a while back about him, he told me every time he looked at him, Uche is already committing a foul on the opposition player by pulling his shirt. He pulls the defender into him, which is why he doesn't get a foul when he goes down. 

I decided to watch him after this discussion and the ref was spot on. Uche does it every time. 

He doesn’t get the fouls he deserves, I agree.  He also puts his arm(s) behind him, grabbing hold of defenders, backs into players, when there is absolutely no need to do so and dives poorly. His dives are very unconvincing and that isn’t his size, it’s because he’s shite at diving.  As I said though, the thing that annoys me is he gets the ball, backs into defenders and seems to get wrapped up in the tussle when there is often the chance to stick his leg out and pass the ball to a team mate. 

Edited by GinRummy

Need to remember he'll be playing Championship. He ruffled a few feathers and is hard to control against the likes of Aberdeen's big defenders and he won't have stronger defenders in the Championship as he would in the Premiership. He always gave defenders something to think about, International defenders a few of them. The quality in the Championship isn't as good. He'll be fine for this campaign. After that his contract is up anyway so he will likely be replaced for a crack in the Premiership again this time next year.

Washington being a current International might fancy a move away but maybe he still has a point to prove after his injury problems. With a stronger midfield in place we could get quite a lot of goals out of those two, not forgetting Boyce and Naismith. Games won't be as frenetic against Championship teams so injury problems should recede.

I'd sooner be building a side in the Championship and not keeping the duds and deadwood like Uche. Needs moved on.

36 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

When I spoke to a ref a while back about him, he told me every time he looked at him, Uche is already committing a foul on the opposition player by pulling his shirt. He pulls the defender into him, which is why he doesn't get a foul when he goes down. 

I decided to watch him after this discussion and the ref was spot on. Uche does it every time. 

Yeah, this. I'm always astonished that the folk who sit round me at games don't see it. You rarely see Uche *not* fouling the defender (they foul him too, but the fatc he's pretty much always at it means we're just not going to get many decisions).

Scottie Wanshot.

I think he needs a good run in the team, as when/if he gets his confidence back, he can do a job.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 09/07/2020 at 16:23, Bunny Munro said:

We'll need 4 senior strikers next year. 

A lot will depend on who goes (Washington? Wighton?) And who plays upfront or in midfield.

He'll score double figures in the championship. 

I wouldn't give Wighton a game in the ladies team. shocking player.

16 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Did similar season before to tierney v celtic.   

He is best when ball at his feet but when he plays we punt balls to him, refs give him very little as well.  Fact he plays for hearts doesnt seem to help.

I like uche, but needs a team built to suit him and i think we need an actual winger to provide for boyce.  

Dallas Green
4 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Both of them are expendable 

I don't agree.

We don't have anyone else who can stretch a defense or make the runs that Washington makes.

Holyrood_Hearts
7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Is that because you think we’d get money for Washington or that he’s too similar to other players or something? Washington is a much better player than Uche. 

Sorry, I agree with you (& the other posters who said similar) ability-wise CW is better. 

I do think though we’d should try & move him now as I think he’s out of contract next summer 

14 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Sorry, I agree with you (& the other posters who said similar) ability-wise CW is better. 

I do think though we’d should try & move him now as I think he’s out of contract next summer 

👍 makes more sense. 

wattie exploited
13 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

95 % agree with you except I would keep washington ahead of Uche  :rifle:

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I don't agree.

We don't have anyone else who can stretch a defense or make the runs that Washington makes.

spot on. Washington makes intelligent runs to get in behind teams and will run the channels

for us all day. Exactly the sort of forward you need in the Scottish football. Good partner for Boyce.

Sow used to do that for us and when he left we struggled as every forward we had came short for the ball and teams were able to squeeze us easily. More often than not our attacks ended up back at Berra’s feet and we know what happened after that. 

wattie exploited
On 16/07/2020 at 22:11, Newton51 said:

he is a handful but the last 6 months of playing he just spent most of his time on his arse looking for fouls instead of staying on his feet :rifle:

Harry Potter
On 17/07/2020 at 11:41, jr ewing said:

More like marker fouls him, well the 2 or 3 markers, the clown refs give him no protection, not unusual though.

Our refs are hopeless. but as Wattie says is down quite often,but this is due to the attention he gets.

SomethingAboutObua
On 17/07/2020 at 13:11, OmiyaHearts said:

Just watched some highlights of him after reading this and it's spot on when you're looking for it. For me now, knowing he's actually at fault for the fouls I'm far less fussed if he stays on. 

wattie exploited
On 17/07/2020 at 09:43, GinRummy said:

dont think we would get money for any of them .

second thought maybe might get some money for Washington,

but might have to   have to pay a team to take the rest of the dross :rifle:

Uche & Hickey ... If only we could play Hibs EVERY week! 😁

At Fester Road! 😜

Edited by Wee Mikey